main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A new woman, a real senator !

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by AMY_DALHIA, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMY_DALHIA

AMY_DALHIA Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2007
    Hi everybody ! I come from France and have liked Star Wars for a few years when I discovered A new Hope with television.
    I prefer the first trilogy because it's funnier and more captivating than the other episodes.
    Okay my icon represents the cat but I like natalie portman !
    I knew this space a long time ago so I decided to register in.

I hope i hope you'll understand my words.

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Greetings Amy_Dalhia and welcome. Your words are easy to understand so no need to worry. Many people on here are from non-English speaking countries and their use of the language has greatly improved over time. If you are unsure about something, do not hesitate to ask someone. We are more than happy to help. :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Amy_Dalhia! :)

You have choosen a really interesting name. I haven't heard two names that sounds like Amidala. Cool! :cool:

As Gangrenous said already, your English skills are good and there's no problem with understanding you. Plus you'll improve your skill very fast, if you stay here for a while. ;)

Btw have you visited your local FanForce already? It's great place to meet other crazy and nice SW fans. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi AMY_DAHLIA! [:D]

Welcome to the Jedi Council.

And like Skiara and Darth_Gangrenous have said before, don't worry. Your English is fine and I'm sure you'll be able to improve it here, as well as making new friends.

Are you really a senator? That's cool! :)

5. AMY_DALHIA

AMY_DALHIA Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2007
    Thank you or "merci" ! :)

I did a mistake in my first post, I wrote this : "Okay my icon represents the cat but I like natalie portman !" and I wanted to say "Okay my icon represents Natalie Portman but I like her !"
    LOL !

6. DunedinJedi

DunedinJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2007
    Hello Amy , Be welcome here. (You can laugh at my french mistakes at the French fan Force which I visit ocassionally)

7. Darrkwolff

Darrkwolff Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 15, 2004
    Welcome, Amy. And your English is just fine, so don't worry. ;)

I, too, am from a non-English speaking country. I'm from Texas. :D

Just kidding. [face_blush] :p

8. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    welcome to the boards. I guess we have the same problem. The language (English), I'm from Puerto Rico and beleive me I had issues when I got here, Every now and then I get tease for my accent or my spelling but I refused to let that stop me. You get props for trying. As far as I can tell You have no problems with the language.

9. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Hi! :)
    Welcome and enjoy your stay. Don't worry about language mistakes, I make them all the time and until yet nobody beats me for it ;) So don't worry too much about language:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.