main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Newbie I Be

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Louis_Skywalker, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    Hello to everyone on the forums. I have been looking and reading through some of the different forums for the last few days and thought I'd better introduce myself instead of continuing to lurk. I'm a long term fan of star wars (which being on this site is obvious I know) but my knowledge of the whole star wars universe is lacking. This has promted me to join and learn and enjoy talking to you masters. Hopefully I won't feel to out of place and may even come up with some of my own idea's and thoughts that interest you. Anyway I think thats it for now but any advice and guidence will be appreciated.

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome Louis.[:D]
    I hope you find the knowledge to fill your 'gaps'. there's too much to know everything, though, if you ask me.
    If you have any questions, just ask. We'll get you to the right places.:)

3. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    Well, welcome to in all its craziness, the JC. Are you more interested in the movies, books and comics, or both?

:tape

duct tape rules!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Louis_Skywalker! :)

As Lanna said, there's too much to know about, so don't worry if you don't know all details, but the forum is a good opportunity to get more knowledge every day. And if you think, you know a lot, just join one of the trivia games and you'll find out that there are even more things to learn about. :D

Do you want any special guidance? We could cover you completely with tons of advices, but I don't think that's a good start. So I think it's better to get covered by tons of pillows, right? :p

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. Louis_Skywalker

Jan 12, 2008
    Well my focus has always been on the films and collecting memorabilia, I've been to a few signings now and met actors from the films the highlight of this being CE last year. I have also been reading the comic KOTR since its start. I think that I now want to explore the EU abit more.

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    EU for you :D
    Be careful out there, some boards are not the most friendly.[face_worried]
    or maybe I'm just a wimp when it comes to arguing...

Collectors can be found here.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    In addition to the links above, maybe you like to take a look at Conventions Europe. It was the Celebration Europe board first, but now you can find other conventions or big events about SW in Europe there as well - although it's just the Jedi-Con (March, Germany) that got added yet. ;)

There was even a time when some authors and actors posted at these boards, but I don't know if they still do. :confused:

Edit: And I wouldn't forget to check out the FanForce UK, just in case you would like to meet a bunch of nice and crazy SW fans from your area. ;)

8. Louis_Skywalker

Jan 12, 2008
    Thanks for all the signposts and directions I'll be checking these all out. Theres alot out there so I'll just start making my way through it. Thanks for the welcome as well :)

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, there's a lot and even more. So it's a good idea to start slowly. :)

Just come back whenever you get confused or need help. We are here. :)

10. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    //comes in totally late

Hey, Louis! Welcome to the JC! Let me know if I can help you out with anything around here! I'm only a PM away. :)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Not even 24 hours passed and you call it late already? :eek:

N00b! :p

12. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hey, my record of posting first to these threads is now tarnished! I was like, totally late. :p

And as for being a n00b, it takes on to know one! o_O

13. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Hello Mr. Newbie. I think you'll find these facilities up to satisfaction. We're still working on keeping them up to code though. If you see Code Enforcement, I was not here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.