main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA A newbie with a toy question.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by kenobiwan123, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobiwan123

kenobiwan123 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    Heya everyone!

Just a question: Has anyone seen the Playskool SW toys anywhere, or haven't they come out here yet?
    I've been looking at them on the net for ages, and I can't wait to get them, cause they're so adorable!

The sad thing is, I work at TRU but have no idea when new toys are coming out. I just turn up and there's new stuff on the shelves, lol.

I probably should introduce myself too.
    I'm an 18 year old girl from WA (duh), and I've been a fan since I was 12. I'm addicted to collecting SW stuff, and can't resist if I see a new toy.
    How's this for a sad story: I bought a 12" Jar Jar doll the other day because it was only $25. Clever me thought "I don't really like Jar Jar, but I can sell it in ten years." What I didn't think was: "Everyone else hates Jar Jar too, and they still will in ten years!".

Catchya round guys

kenobiwan

2. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    First of all, welcome to our part of the boards :)

(Don't let the shiny new rego date fool you, I've been around here for some time...)

To answer your question, these sets haven't shown up anywhere in Australia yet, and around these parts, it seems it'll be either TRU or Myer that gets all the new Star Wars stuff first.

Tell ya what, if you see them, you let us know ;)

Quick note though, mentioning you work for TRU around here is a sure fire way to make friends :)

3. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome Kenobiwan

I'm afraid I cant help you either with the toy thing, I didnt even know they existed... :)
    I just popped in to say Gudday and stuff...

Where bouts in WA are yas??

4. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS2651AA

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS2645A

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS3329

if you want pics ;)

EDIT: I was very worried when I read the subject, but now I'm not.

Welcome Kenobiwan :)

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Welcome to our wacky world. Please enjoy your stay, and do visit the many other topics that are around here (somewhere).

Which TRU do you work at? Might pop in at the Carousel store on my travels tommorow.

Note: what drew-ku said, don't take any notice of the rego date. Many here change nicks every once in a while, as did I a while back.

6. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes, a very warm welcome to you!

If you need any help at all, don't hesitate to SCREAM!!

Another toy collector, Yippee! My desk is starting to gather a few to many toys on it recently. I quite often go into TRU, either the City store or Joondalup (which is closest for me). So let us know and I'll say hello next time I'm in.

Have fun!

You know, I've always wanted to be one of those people that gets to test the new toys out when they arrive. <begins to dream>

EDIT: I just had a look at the toys and they look so cute.. I mean cool, cool is what I said, heh. I'll keep a eye out.

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Testing toys? Sounds like one of Drew's old jobs (no I'm not referring to the overseas one). :)

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    *Big hug and handshake for our new visitor*

Welcome Kenobiwan, most of the people here are pretty harmless so do pop in from time to time if you can.

Enjoy your stay.

:)

9. kenobiwan123

May 31, 2002
    Hey guys

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I actually haven't worked at TRU for a couple of months because it's pretty slow after Christmas, but I still get a staff discount, so who cares right??

And yes we do get to play with the toys. I couldn't tear myself away from a Harry Potter levitating game for months.
    On slow days we'd run around fighting each other with Qui Gon lightsabres and the Sting sword from Lord of the Rings. And playing air hockey. And riding scooters. And watching Shrek on the TV's.

Yes, TRU is a great job.

And a little bit of a scoop for those who are interested. TRU Carousel have the 12" Ep1 Amidala doll for $20. It's the proper queen one, not the lame 'disguised as the queen' one.
    But I'm sure that those of you who would WANT that would probably already have it.

kenobiwan

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Which outfit is the Queen wearing? My wife (Princess Lego on here) has 2 of them but there's another with a different outfit that she doesn't have. I think they come with 3 different outfits.
    By the way. Is Carousel the one you worked at? I live near the Morley store so I pop in there from time to time.

11. kenobiwan123

May 31, 2002
    The outfit she's wearing is the one in the movie with the lights on the bottom of it.
    We'd been looking for it for ages, so I was stoked to find it.

And yeah, I do occasionally work at Carousel.

kenobiwan

12. Lord_Marrak

Lord_Marrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2001
    I'd kill to work at TRU =o(

I'd be like.. in heaven.. eyeing those that buy all the star wars stuff

me: "back off.. thats mine"
    kid: *cries*
    mother of kid: "look what you've done to my child! you made him cry!"
    me: "well.. this here.. is MY toy"

=oP

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    That means you were in the job hunt late last year like I was, if I guess correctly. I made it all the way to the final session before they made the choice for who would work, since the store was just opening in Carousel. So close to playing with toys for a living, yet so far away :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.