A newbie!

Discussion in 'Charleston, SC' started by CorellianGirl, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorellianGirl Jedi Padawan

Hi there, y'all.
    I've been in town a while, but only recently found out about this site, and as an extension, this group. I too am I new College of Charleston student, and certainly need some fellow fan support after learning most of my hall-mates have never even seen the movies. :) I'd love to become involved, if someone can give me the details.

Thanks. :)
  2. CollegeJedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey there! Welcome to Charleston! I'm kind of new here on this forum too. I've browsed for a short time, but I haven't been to any of the FanForce meetings yet. Isn't it amazing when someone says they haven't seen any of the SW films? On campus last semester, there was a showing of some of the SW films... but from what I hear, the attendance was pretty low.
  3. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi and Welcome!
    There are alot of us here in Charleston involved with Star Wars and we welcome everyone. We realize that everyone can't be involved with every event, but we welcome you to help out where you can.

We are having a Halloween Party over at Krista's house in James Island, and I have a feeling this will carry over to the IMAX midnight showing.

We'll need all the volunteers we can get for the premiere weekend so keep posted to this board!

Janet
  4. JediJasonR Jedi Knight

Hello. Are you a freshman or a transfer? I am a CofC student too, freshman. I'm sorta new here too. Nice to meet you and my e-mail is jasonr2984@yahoo.com
    It would be great to meet a CofC Star Wars fan here.
  5. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a degree from the College of Charleston! Does that count?
    Janet
  6. jedi scholar Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm a cofc grad too. Heck I'm still over there working on another degree. Seriously though, we'd love to meet with you.
  7. bookguy232 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey folks... sorry I've been so slow draggin' myself over to this forum. Anyway my name is Brian Marchman and I'm a longtime SW fan myself, and I'm glad to see some interest building here in Chas. Myself.. I'm mainly into prop building and costuming. I am the founder and owner of the "Lightsabers from the Big Yellowbox" website (link below) and am on staff at the "Obi-wan's Jedi Academy" website (link below). As far as I know, I'm also the only member of the 501st Legion living in Chas... a fact I hope we can change someday soon.

Later,
  8. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey about time Brian!
    Do check out his sites. They are great for prop building and getting that costume together on a budget!

Janet
  9. jedicharlie57 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Brian? Are you the guy I called way back in the summer when I had just gotten back into the country from the Cayman Islands? I was in Mt. Pleasant then, and hoping to meet up with you, and never got around to it.

Anyway, folks, Thanksgiving is coming and I'll be in Mt. Plst again for turkey with the folks. I haven't been to the Chas. IMAX, but would love to go with you guys. I'll bring my Jedi costume, and would love to suggest a "holiday" showing at the IMAX in our get-ups.
    I'm in Alabama now, with the SW Syndicate, but I was in Chas. for 20 yrs. and never found another SW fan. NOW I do!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.