main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN A Night Out With The Indianapolis ICE!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by NyghtFyre, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Who: The Indy Knights and Bloodfin Garrison (and subsequent family members, etc.)

What: Indianapolis ICE Hockey Game

When: Tentatively Jan. 25th (date can be changed if more people prefer a different one!)

Where: The Pepsi Coliseum (The "Big Barn" out at the State Fairgrounds)

How: Post below if you are interested in going and/or thoughts about this venture! Ticket prices are relatively cheap for ICE games and as we all know, the more people, the cheaper the tickets will be!

2. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I'm in. Hopefully we can see a good fight or two.

3. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I might be in for a piece of this action...

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Oooo I haven't been to a hockey game in a couple of years. I'm so in. :)

5. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    I may be interested in this as well. Sure, I know next to nothing about hockey, but when has that ever stopped me from doing something, right?

6. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Ok guys...Rory ("sarge", TK5050) is working on getting our group tickets b/c he has the inside "connections" with the ICE.

As of right now we have definates from: Rory, Gail, Cari, Quag, Holly, and Jordan.

Come on guys...this is going to be fun...skating, puck handling, fighting, goal scoring, more fighting- YAY! It also gives you all a chance to sport those nifty IK jerseys that you have! :)

7. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Okay- "Sarge" just posted this over at Bloodfin and I thought I would repost it here for the IK members that don't frequent that Imperial site :):

I made a booboo in the original thread... The January 25th game is one of the few being held at the Conseco Fieldhouse, instead of the Pepsi Coliseum. At Conseco, the seats are not on the glass. They are in the first section up. Still should be good seats! Here's the info on the Jan. 25th game:
    When? Saturday, Jan. 25, 7:00 PM
    Where? Conseco Fieldhouse
    Who are we beating that night? Ice vs. Fort Worth

Here is the response (at least most of it) that I received today from the Indianapolis Ice:
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the game and your seats. On 1/25 I have put on hold: four seats next to you and 18 seats basically behind you on hold. If you are able to get 15 or more to come out to the game the ticket price would be: $14, if under 15 people come out they would be $17. The rest of the message went on to say that it is important to get the tickets spoken for "ASAP," because group tickets tend to be more popular at Conseco than at the Coliseum.

I'll keep a running list RIGHT HERE (on Bloodfin) of those who have said they DEFINATELY want a ticket. If you aren't on this list, please post your name in a response below. I will "front" the money for the tickets, so PLEASE be prepared to pay for the tickets you speak for!

You can still post below if you would like to go and I will forward the message over to "Sarge" to post in his "official" list on Bloodfin.

8. BobaTom

BobaTom Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2002
    I'm in.

Tom
    BobaTom

9. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Tom- I have added you to Sarge's "official" list! :)

10. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I'd like to go too! One can never have too much blood and violence in their life, right??

I've been to a few Ice games, but only at the coluseum. It should be cool at the fieldhouse (no pun intended)

11. RavingMad

RavingMad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2002
    Put me down for one ticket. The last time I saw the Ice, they were at MSA...

12. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    QK & RM, I have added you both to the official list! YAY!

We need to sign up by January 8th so we can keep the block of seats that Sarge has reserved. After that date we lose our reserve on any unclaimed seats and they go back on the market. So, if you still want to go and sit by the rest of us, you need to reserve asap!

13. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    Just upping the thread!

Anyone else interested in going??

14. TK5050

TK5050 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    THE TICKET WINDOW IS CLOSED!

This is the list of people who asked for tickets to the hockey game on Jan. 25th:

1. BobaTom
    2. SkylaFett
    3. SkylaFett (child)
    4. RavingMad
    5. Flygirl
    6. Daala
    7. Nyghtfyre
    8. Gail
    9. Quag
    10. jordankarr
    11. WangoJango
    12. WangoJango (child)
    13. WangoJango (child)

I will put the tickets on my credit card, and have the tickets shipped to me. The game starts at 7:00pm on Jan. 25th, so please meet me in the lobby of the Conseco Fieldhouse by 6:30pm. (I love to watch the warm-ups!)

You can pay me for your tickets when you pick them up from me in the lobby... Cash is fine, or if you want to bring me a check that night, that will be OK. Note: To ease this process, exact change would be appreciated if you can bring it! ;D

Since we fell short of the "magic number," it looks like tickets will be $17. I'll see if I can sweet-talk them into giving us the $14 price when I call them this morning.

If you have any trouble finding me at Conseco, call me at either (317) 339-1023 or (317) 627-4624.

Thanks for participating! See you at the game!

Where? Conseco Fieldhouse, downtown Indy
    Who are we beating that night? Ice vs. Fort Worth

15. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    Hopefully we'll get to see a bench emptying fight. Good sportsmanship in hockey = FIGHT!

16. NyghtFyre

Oct 14, 2002
    ...go to a fight to see a hockey game break out! :) Every ICE game I have been to they have won (kinda strange huh?) so hopefully they can keep up the winning streak!

Does anyone want to get together before the game for dinner? Or maybe go somewhere afterwards?

Also, does anyone want to carpool together so we can save on parking costs?

17. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    I may be working that day. Fortunately, we close at 5:00 or 6:00. Right now I don't know. It sounds good though.

18. TK5050

TK5050 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    Good news!

TICKET PRICES WERE KNOCKED DOWN TO $14 EACH!

And...

WE HAVE 2 MORE TICKETS FOR THE FIRST TWO PEOPLE WHO REQUEST THEM!

Post here ASAP if you want the 2 extra tickets, but did not sign up already!

Our seats are:
    Section 118, Row 2, Seats 5-15
    Section 118, Row 1, Seats 9-12

1. BobaTom
    2. SkylaFett
    3. SkylaFett (child)
    4. RavingMad
    5. Flygirl
    6. Daala
    7. Nyghtfyre
    8. Gail
    9. Quag
    10. jordankarr
    11. WangoJango
    12. WangoJango (child)
    13. WangoJango (child)

19. RavingMad

RavingMad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2002
    Way to wrangle 'em!

20. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    Actually 15 tickets at 14.00 is cheaper than 13 tickets at 17.00. ;)

21. TK5050

TK5050 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    We still have 2 tickets available... Post here if you want them!

22. TK5050

TK5050 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    There is 1 ticket left! Who wants it?

1. BobaTom
    2. SkylaFett
    3. SkylaFett (child)
    4. RavingMad
    5. Flygirl
    6. Daala
    7. Nyghtfyre
    8. Gail
    9. Quag
    10. jordankarr
    11. jordankarr (friend added 01/14/02)
    12. WangoJango
    13. WangoJango (child)
    14. WangoJango (child)

23. TK5050

TK5050 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    ALL TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD!

Where? Conseco Fieldhouse, downtown Indy
    Who are we beating that night? Indianapolis Ice vs. Fort Worth Brahmas

Our seats are:
    Section 118, Row 2, Seats 5-15
    Section 118, Row 1, Seats 9-12

Here is our list:
    1. BobaTom $14
    2. SkylaFett $14 each x 2 = $28 total
    3. SkylaFett (child)
    4. RavingMad $14
    5. Flygirl $14
    6. Daala $14
    7. Nyghtfyre $14
    8. Gail $14
    9. Quag $14
    10. jordankarr $14 each x 3 = $42 total
    11. jordankarr (friend added 01/14/02)
    12. jordankarr (friend added 01/16/02)
    13. WangoJango $14 each x 3 = $42 total
    14. WangoJango (child)
    15. WangoJango (child)

You can pay me for your ticket when you get it from me at the Conseco Fieldhouse. Your totals are listed above. Exact change would be appreciated if you can bring it (to make the process easier), and I'll also take a check if you want to do that. (Warning: If your check bounces, I'll send a bounty hunter after you!)

I'll be in the lobby of Conseco with the tickets until about 6:30pm, and then I'll head inside to watch the warm-ups. If you can't find me, call one of my cell phones: 339-1023 or 627-4624.

By the way... When I bought the tickets, they needed to fill in an "event" for our group tickets, so I used my birthday (belated) as an excuse... (Shhh... It's a surprise party- DON'T TELL ME ABOUT IT! LOL) Email me or call me (after 2:00pm, please) if you have any questions!

24. TK5050

TK5050 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2003
    A REMINDER:
    You can pay me for your ticket when you get it from me at the Conseco Fieldhouse. Your totals are listed in the final ticket list. Exact change would be appreciated if you can bring it (to make the process easier), and I'll also take a check if you want to do that.

I'll be in the lobby of Conseco with the tickets until about 6:30pm, and then I'll head inside to watch the warm-ups. If you can't find me, call one of my cell phones: 339-1023 or 627-4624.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.