main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Night to (Almost) Remember: (JA ) Humor - completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by HEALER LEONA:

Qui-Gon Jinn opened the door to find two startled padawans.

"Oh...Master Jinn... we were looking for Obi-Wan, to ah, tell him about ah... Jemmiah.." Simeon's voice came out in surprised gulps. They hadn't expected to find Qui-Gon home already and his formidable appearance at the door produced an almost automatic flight response in young Cates.

"He already knows Simeon, I'm sure he's at her side at this very moment." the large Jedi said gruffly.
    "Master Jinn, I want to apologize for the accident." Dimallie stated softly, her voice trembling " It was my fault. I didn't mean to hurt anyone."
    "That's why they're called accidents" Qui-Gon's manner softened, sensing the girl's apprehension. It was one thing to command an air of respect and authority but the look of fright on the faces of the two padawans illustrated a severe perception they had of him.

"I'm not the one to apologize to Dimallie" he said kindly, "Jemmiah's the one stuck in the infirmary for the next day. I suggest its there your plead your case. She'll need all the cheering she can get inasmuch as she'll miss out on the cantina-crawl

That was an understatement to be sure. Qui-Gon was fairly sure it would take nothing less than restraints to keep her from that particular event.

"But she might be better by..." Simeon suddenly found his courage.
    Qui-Gon held a staying hand up "Master An-Paj made it perfectly clear that was out of the question."
    "Yes, Master Jinn." Simeon answered dutifully, with downcast eyes.
    "I'll let Obi-Wan know you?re looking for him. Good day Dimallie, Simeon." Qui-Gon ended the conversation, closing the door behind him.
    "Do you really think you want to risk that man's wrath?" Dimallie asked as they headed back toward the infirmary.
    "Have you every seen Jemmiah in one of her Corellian tantrums? I'll take my chances with the big guy." Simeon answered drolly.
    "I suppose it doesn't matter what we do now, someone's bound to come out of this in trouble." Dimallie bemoaned. "I can't believe I coerced my master into doing this. I am so going to get."

Simeon looked quizzedly at her. "Whataya mean?" he asked confused.
    "Oh, never mind." Dimallie huffed in disgust; "some guys are just so blind."

This was slowly turning into the biggest mistake of her life.

Leona desperately wished she could just quietly back out of the entire event now. Its not like anyone would even know she was missing, at least that would have been the case until her padawan had decided to make Jemmiah Gleshan the latest victim of her perpetual bad luck.

Now she had agreed to participate in a scheme that at the least might result in an official reprimand and at the worst could cause greater injury to a patient.

She couldn't believe how things could take such a turn for the worse.

Why hadn?t she been content to just admire from afar, she thought, making her way to check on Jemmiah?

2. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

An-Paj smiled as he withdrew the curtains from round Jemmiah?s bed. He?d gone out of his way not to show how thoroughly amused he had been, especially regarding Obi-Wan?s bright red face, but it had been impossible in the end.

?I think visiting time is over, young man.? An-Paj put a guiding hand on the Padawan?s shoulder and waved his other in the direction of the door. ?May I also suggest the next time you fancy ?nibbling? something you go for lunch in the refectory. Not as appealing, I grant you.? He just about covered his mirth.
    ?May I come and visit her again?? Obi-Wan looked completely abashed, and the healer almost felt sorry for him. Youth and hormones were a dangerous and explosive combination. Explosive in this case should Qui-Gon find out what his padawan had just been attempting?

?Of course.? An-Paj nodded. ?Just make sure the curtains are open this time.?
    ?So you can check up on us.? Kenobi muttered.
    ?No, so I can have a good laugh!? An-Paj replied before walking off.

Great, thought Kenobi. Just great. Now he had to find Simeon to retrieve Jemmiah?s present. Handing THAT over in plain sight of everyone was going to be hysterical?

As Kenobi and An-Paj left the ward, Leona slunk up towards Jemmiah?s bed.

She looks really terrible, Leona told herself. How on Coruscant could she be a party to this? Yet her feet propelled her forwards when her every instinct was to run.

Too late. Jemmiah opened a tired eye and regarded the petite healer like a cannoid eyeing a vrelt.

?Another visitor.? She mumbled sourly. ?People can?t seem to keep away from me at the moment.?
    ?I take it from that remark, An-Paj has stopped by to give you another painkiller.? Leona found her stride and slotted naturally back into her professional routine.
    ?Unfortunately, yes.? Pouting, Jemmiah shuddered. ?There?s nothing like an injection to ruin your love life, if you know what I mean??

Leona didn?t want to know, and didn?t particularly want to, either.

?And how?s padawan Dimwit?? Jemmiah feigned concern. ?Knocked any other innocent passers by on the head? Drugged a few padawans in the last day or so??
    ?That?s a little unfair.? Leona frowned. ?I admit that she does have a tendency to be slightly accident-prone, but??
    ?Most people have their accidents BEFORE they arrive here,? Jemmiah grumbled, ?They don?t expect to be mowed down when they?re safely inside!? She tried to shift slightly against her pillow, and only succeeded in aggravating the pain in her head.

?Sith, that hurts!? She yelped.
    ?Damn.? Leona muttered. ?That makes what I am about to say even more difficult.?

Jemmiah continued to eye her, weighing her up.

?This isn?t about our little conversation earlier? About Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and how head over heals in love you are with him??
    ?I am NOT.? Hissed Leona, trying to get Jemmiah to quiet her already hushed voice.
    ?Yes you are.? Jemmy sighed. ?It?s written, plain as the nose on your face.?
    ?Do?do you think I?m plain, then?? Leona felt crestfallen.
    ?Noooo!? Jemmiah reassured her. ?Not a bit of it. There?s plenty of men would be falling over themselves to ask you out.? She paused. ?If you?d let them.? She added.
    ?I?I don?t know what sort of ?women Qui-Gon likes.? She blushed.
    ?A good brain. He likes someone who can hold an intelligent conversation. Just don?t get bogged down with all the gory details of the afternoon surgery, or how Master Quirida-Xac?s piles are doing. He?s seen an awful lot of this place over the years.? She grimaced. ?We all have.?
    ?What about how I LOOK?? She persisted.
    ?Well, I wouldn?t overdo the make-up. Nothing too garish, you know? I?ve seen the way he glares at me when I?m wearing ?Supernova Red? lip-gloss. Especially when it ends up all over his padawan.?
    ?And hair?? She asked hesitantly.
    ?He likes long hair. ? She looked at Leona?s own hair, tied back and neat. ?Wear it loose. Let him see a new side to you.? She risked a smile. ?I could help you, if I wasn?t in this bed.?

The

3. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    LOL. . .this is SO FUNNY!

4. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by SYBELLE:

"This is getting ridiculous." Qui Gon fumed.
    "Tell me about it." Adi Gallia rolled her eyes. "I found out about Sybelle's extra curricular activities. You know who her boyfriend is? Griff Rendar! God knows what else she's hiding from me."
    "This has all gone too far." Qui Gon admitted.
    "What do you suggest we do. Ground them?" Adi asked, raising her eyebrows. "It would be a shame after all the hard work they've put into this."
    "It's the only way to teach them a lesson." Qui Gon said decisively.

"HE DID WHAT?" Jemmiah almost screamed.
    "Sorry." Obi-Wan said, sitting on the edge of her bed.
    "It's all your fault." Sybelle muttered sulkily. "If you'd been able to control your masculine urges none of us would have got into this mess."
    "You have to help us." Jemmiah turned to Leona. "Sneak me out, then Obi Wan, Sybelle and I will meet up with you later once the masters are too drunk to realize we're there."
    "That'll only take half an hour." Sybelle said sarcastically.

Leona groaned inwardly. This was going to take a LOT of planning.

5. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by LILITH DEMODAE:

Captain Demodae of the light freighter Scorpion sat nursing her drink. It was only her first one, but she wanted to make sure she could last the whole evening with her friend. Krelo Rei'ch, newly knighted Jedi and fellow carouser, could hold her liquor like no one else the well traveled captain had ever met. Probably uses some sort of Jedi Force technique to keep from getting drunk, she thought. There's no other explanation.

Lilith was a big woman, 6'1" and a lean well-muscled 88 kilos, and she could down the drinks with the best of them, but the red-haired woman by her side was an inhuman drinking machine.

"So, what's the news from the temple?"
    "Hmmmph," Krelo snorted irreverently. "The annual fund raiser for the infirmary is going to be a singing thingy again." The knight downed her shot of Corellian whiskey and hissed through her teeth at the way it burned so pleasantly down her throat. "Three guesses why I asked you to meet me here tonight? There's no way, this side of getting tossed out of the Temple that I'm going to be subjected to that little green troll singing "H-A-P-P-Y, I am.' Not again, at any rate."
    "Please," Lilith held up a hand to forestall the coming tirade. "I heard all about it last year. I don't blame you for sneaking out."
    "Well, it might not have been as bad as I imagine. There were rumors of something else going on beforehand, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. I wasn't going to risk being drafted to help organize the artistic travesty."
    "No one who can carry a tune in a bucket would," Lilith reminded the hot-tempered Knight. "You forget, I was at the last one, and I heard what passes for singing among the lesser talented of the Temple's denizens. That's not an experience I wish to repeat. Once was more than enough for me." Demodae sipped at her Alderaanian Screwdriver and sighed. Maybe she could convince her droid to sing for them later. M1-CK had a very nice singing voice and she had programmed his repertoire herself.
    "Well, at least we won't be subjected to padawans and knights attempting to sing tonight," Krelo muttered. "You won't find many Jedi in bars on a fund raiser night!"

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

THE EVENING OF THE BIG EVENT HAD ARRIVED.

?Have you got my things?? Hissed Jemmiah to Sybelle. The dark haired girl nodded in response, holding up a canvas shoulder bag into Jemmy?s view. ?I think I?ve got everything. Dress. Boots. Make-up. Hair clasp. Perfume. Moisturizer. Mini holo-cam. Jewelry. Wrist-chrono?headache pills.? She delved around in the bag with her left hand. ?Something we probably shouldn?t mention in front of Healer Leona.? She grinned.
    ?Just hang on a moment,? Leona?s eyes almost popped out as Sybelle?s meaning began to ring warning bells. ?Just what sort of night had you two girls got planned?
    ?Dunno.? Sybelle giggled. ?What sort of night did you have planned with Master Jinn??

Leona looked scandalized. ?I had no such thing planned! And you certainly shouldn?t either.? She glared at Jemmiah. ?Yesterday you were flat on your back!?
    ?You got to hand it to that Kenobi, he?s a fast worker.? Sybelle laughed as Jemmiah blushed faintly. ?I suppose we should be grateful that you were conscious at the time!?

Jemmy?s hand went up to the raw bite mark on her neck. She?d have to cover it with a silken scarf or something, at least when Qui-Gon was around. Not that she was in a hurry to meet up with him.

?You WERE awake, weren?t you?? Leona swallowed. ?There are laws against?you know, interfering with the patients.?
    ?Healer Leona,? Jemmiah answered her with a small, rueful smile, ?Let me assure you that the interference was more than welcome.?
    ?Good.? Leona sighed with relief.

Hang on. She didn?t quite mean that.

?Interference is about all I can hope for, anyway.? She paused dramatically. ?Master Jinn has the apartment patrolled by three vicious Farfalaks with electrocuted fences and search lights. And if his padawan even smiles at me my force sensitized chastity belt gives me a reminder I?ll never forget.?
    ?Qui-Gon is NOT like that.? Leona muttered.
    ?You?re kidding!? Jemmy grinned a lazy, lop sided grin. ?It?s all work and no play at Camp Qui-Gon.?
    ?Don?t worry about a thing,? Soothed Sybelle. ?All relationships have some teething problems.?
    ?Only in your case it?s in the neck.? Leona complained, motioning to the rather obvious love bite. ?There?s no way Qui-Gon won?t notice that. Even if he IS drunk.?

Jemmiah glanced surreptitiously around her and snatched the bag away from Sybelle.

?Thanks.? She winked. ?What?s the plan??
    ?Obi-Wan is going to pay you a little visit in about five minutes. When you?re ready, you can get changed behind the privacy screen into your dress. Then we?ll sneak you out. We?ll leave the screens closed so that they won?t realize you?ve gone for a bit.? Sybelle looked at Leona. ?If An-Paj or Ferdi or any of the other masters arrive, Leona here will think of some cunning way to distract them.?
    ?I will?? Leona didn?t look hopeful.
    ?Sure you will.? cheered Jemmiah. ?What about the others??
    ?Simeon is waiting outside with Tanni Welasa, Ocen-Bai Talz, Kryztan Harkley, Jay Abran, Kylenn and a few others. Letina?s going to help you with your hair and make-up while we travel down there. Oh,? She looked warily at Jemmiah. ?Bad news.?
    ?What?? Jemmy frowned.
    ?Ambianca?s turning up, too.?
    ?But that means that??
    ?Sal-Fina is going. Correct.?

Leona shook her head. ?Sal-Fina? Refresh my memory??
    ?Blonde. Tall. Gorgeous. Legs up to her ear lobes. Need I say more??

Jemmiah was most unhappy by this turn of events. This could wreck her whole evening. Qui-Gon and Sal-Fina had been lovers some time ago, although he was a little older than she was. Nobody had known why they had split up, except that they had argued every day since, for the last thirty-five years. Jemmiah had her own theory that this was the reason for his severe disapproval of her own relationship with his padawan, in that it mimicked their own doomed affair, even down to the age difference. They ALWAYS spat at each other and rubbed each other up the wrong way. And if Jemmiah was right, they both still fancied the pants off each other. Jemmiah l

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I have to agree with Jemmy, Leona, that is a way cool sig. :) I think there's quite a few of us out here hoping that we're getting one of those packages.

8. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    And they're off!!!!

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    yeah! More!

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by HEALER LEONA:

Leona walked to her apartment after leaving An-Paj and the infirmary.

A myriad of thoughts circled her mind. Landing then taking flight again like a flock of restless birds each one adding worry to her already overwrought conscience.

Heaviest among the concerns was Jemmiah.

The girl was a regular Corellian pain. Disrespectful, devious and thoroughly hedonistic, the girl seemed to have no regards for authority of any kind.

Still, she had been a patient and it had been Leona's responsibility as a healer and an adult to take care of her, even if it meant saving her from herself.

And what did she do, not only allow her to leave but aide in the process as well.

Palming the door open, the healer was pleased to see that her padawan and already left for the night's big event.

There was another point against her, she thought. What kind of example was she setting for her apprentice?
    With hanging shoulders she trudged to her bedroom feeling very much like a woman about to be thrown to the rancor.

Except she thought that even a rancor might be a more painless punishment then what ever the Jedi High Council might devise.

It was a hopeless situation. She was a doomed woman. The best she could hope for was to salvage what would be left of her reputation by trying to make sure that Jemmiah didn't injure herself further.

With that one, small comforting thought she decided a spot of meditation would be a good idea. Releasing her fears into the Force she began to feel somewhat better.

Since there was no choice for her in going she rummaged through her closet for something appropriate to wear.

Most of the space in there was occupied by her daily worn loose tunics and green healers robes. There was nothing to speak of in the way of nightwear.

That feeling of hopelessness began to creep in again when a sudden spark came to mind.

If she was so sure that the conclusion of this night was already set in stone then there was no reason to fret endlessly about it.

If she was going to go down then she might as well go down with a bang.

A small satisfied smile crept over her face. That's right, if this was going to be her last night she'd better make the most of it.

Digging in the back of the closet she pulled out a dust-covered garment bag.

Carefully opening it she removed a mid-length dress.
    Given to her by her Master at the time of her knighting she had considered the dress an amusing joke.

Master Truson had gone and picked out something that was so alien to her she had actually laughed when he presented it to her.

"You never know when the desire to not be yourself should come up." he had told her seriously.

Now almost two decades later she was confronted by such a desire.

Slipping on the dress she stood before the mirror almost in shock.

Yep, that is certainly not me she thought looking at the reflection.

Everything about the dress screamed not Leona.

Accustomed to the long, loose robes that she could hide in, she didn't even mind that they made her look rather chunky.

This dress hid nothing. Silver gray, it was made of lightweight Alderaani velvet that gently clung to her body accentuating her ample curves.

Though a contrasting color it highlighted her auburn hair and brown eyes in a pleasing way.

Any jewelry worn would only cheapen the look and as much as she wanted to brush out her hair out she liked the way it waved when air-dried.

Applying a minimal amount of make-up she completed her transformation.

She even had a matching purse big enough to put the small medpac An-Paj had given her.

Charcoal gray pumps finished the look though she would have to remember to slow her normally brisk stride in them.

Stepping back she surveyed herself. Not half bad she thought with a gleam in her eye.

No, not bad at all.

11. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

The pilgrimage to the first cantina, The ?Smuggler?s Way?, had started with a hover-bus journey from the temple. Not a particularly long trip, but allowing enough time for the girls to preen themselves into shape whilst the male padawans had looked on with a mixture of disparaging fascination. Kryztan admired himself, looking in a mirror he'd borrowed from Kylenn. Obi-Wan was sitting down on the padded seat, Jemmiah leaning heavily against his side, warm and comfortable. Kenobi smiled. He could get used to this.

If his master let him.

As for Jemmiah herself, she was starting to feel the effects of the day before. Her head felt dangerously light and so she decided to use Obi-Wan as a substitute cushion for the remainder of the journey.

Before she knew it, she was in the middle of a very strange dream?

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by LADY JEDITH:

?Black knight on C5 takes bishop on D3. Check.?

It was so cozy at the bar, and even people?s voices didn?t sound but rustled tenderly, like breakers, unforgettable ocean breakers at the Eastern Lea-Coast, Alderaan?

?A velvet season.? Said Mace.
    ?What??
    ?I said ?velvet season?. The warm months of early Alderaanian autumn, a romantic symbol of the last love, when the tired luminary? Oh, you just look at them! Whe-e-e, she made him laugh, laugh, laugh, o-la-la.? Master Windu hesitated a moment then put it in more mathematical way: ?Black pawn on G4 takes knight on F3!?
    ?You?re trying to say that healer takes master.? Jemmiah greened. ?No need to be a chess master to notice it, yeah??

Dimallie kept smiling silently. She admired Leona?

Obi-Wan released a sigh. He refused to believe his eyes?

All of them crowded at the counter shooting quick glances at the table, where?

? ?On the rocks, please? Oh, Force save me, look over there, she forced him to castle queenside ??
    ?Ma-aster Windu? Sybelle yawned loudly. ?Will you stop translations into this ancient boring? This scene at the corner seems to me old-fashioned enough? Even your velvet-season-speech was better.?

?Our little healer is nothing but a witch.? Murmured Mace, it seemed he?d lost his ?velvet mood? already. ?Definitely. In a couple of minutes she?ll pick up her broom, whistle and fly out with poor guy in her armpit.? He frowned thoughtfully, starring at his empty glass.

?Alright, let?s tease ?em a bit? Sybelle let her eyelashes flitting, and an ardent glance was shot at Master Jinn.

It didn?t work at all.

?You?d better stop flirting? advised Jemmiah friendly ?at the risk of meeting Killer Leona.?

The small society livened up, inspired by such a prospect.

?Wow?? Mace looked amused. ?Leona P?lila?s Deliciously Sinister Debut As A Bad Seed. It must be an intricate thriller, named?err?
    ?Healer?s Sweet Revenge? Jemmiah?s voice was silky-smooth. ?Healer?s Revenge?? She repeated; the words were delicious.
    ?Needles!? echoed Obi-Wan immediately and frowned for some mysterious reasons.
    ?And syringes!? The others joined in.
    ?Stomach washing!?
    ?Amputation knife.? Sybelle greened wildly.
    ?No. That?s boring? Declared Mace, sending her a glimpse full of vengeance. ?Surgery? It?s too old-fashioned.?
    ?Well, a laxative then? Suggested poor Obi peacefully.
    ?Laxative, yeah.? Jemmy nodded. ?With sleeping pills. Double dose.?

(After a short pause the entire choir together)

?Hm-m, as a matter of fact it wasn?t a good idea to make Healer Leona jealous?
    ?With a double dose? It might work.?
    ?Hey, you?re a natural-born healer, Jemmy. Professional touch!?
    ?A healer?? Jemmiah squinted. ?No. I?d never? I?d have Obi-sick in a day or two. Just imagine: Obi tomograms, Obi blood tests, to say nothing of fifty-five volumes of Obi case reports in my office! No.?

She sighed sorrowfully and made an attempt to pour herself some more?

?Sith.? Whispered Mace Windu all of a sudden. ?Look at them. It? It simply can?t be.? His eyes widened unimaginably?

?Mirage?? Thought Dimallie being deeply touched.
    ?Nightmare.? Thought Sybelle.
    ?M-master?!? Thought Obi.
    ?Checkmate? Thought Jemmiah. ?Bravo, Leona!?

13. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

?Wake up.? Obi-Wan nudged Jemmy with his arm.
    ?Is she alright?? Simeon frowned.
    ?She?s been hit on the head. No, she?s not alright.? Kenobi muttered.
    ?Does that mean I?ve won my bet?? Jay Abran rubbed his hands together. ?Oh, good.?
    ?Bet??
    ?That was a joke.? Sybelle shot back.
    ?Not for me. I?ve got some serious money riding on this.?
    ?What bet?? Kenobi asked doggedly.
    Sybelle held up her hands. ?Trust me, Obi. You do NOT wish to know.?

For the last five minutes Jemmiah had rested her head against Obi-Wan?s shoulder and been worryingly oblivious to everything that was said around her. Kenobi began to feel very concerned.

?Jemmy.? Obi-Wan snapped his fingers in front of her to get a response. ?Come on.?
    ?Hmmm?? Came a distant reply.
    ?I don?t know what planet she?s on at the moment but it sure as Sith isn?t Coruscant.? Kenobi glanced worriedly at Simeon Cates. ?Can?t you do something??
    ?Me?? The voice queried his friend?s sanity just a little. ?What do you want me to do??
    ?You?re a healer, aren?t you?? he asked. ?If we should run into my master and she?s in this state he?ll have every one of us boiled in oil.?

Dimallie looked uncomfortable. ?I think he?s going to do that anyway. An-Paj will tell him, even if he doesn?t find out by himself. Which he will.?
    ?I?M the one who?s going to get it in the neck.? Kenobi answered.
    ?It looks as if someone already has!? Letina laughed, pointing to Jemmiah?s red bite mark. ?Oh, you ARE an animal! And I always thought you were so quiet and reserved.?
    ?Not really.? Smiled Simeon Cates. ?Did you ever hear of those truth or dare games that used to get played in the temple a few years back??
    ?Was that the time when a certain female padawan of our acquaintance dared him to post pictures of Master Windu all around the temple?? Kylenn smiled.
    ?What was wrong with that?? Jay Abran asked.
    ?He?d doctored them so that they had funny hairstyles. Pink spiky hair. Nose rings. Hooped earrings. Trailing moustaches. Eye patches.? Kylenn stopped briefly, watching Obi-Wan squirm. ?Cute little hair ribbons.?
    ?I liked that one.? Simeon smiled.
    ?And, just to make matters worse, he had lettering underneath the posters saying: HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN? WANTED FOR BIGAMY, FRAUD AND NUMEROUS CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.?
    ?Mace was not a happy pixie.? Grinned Letina Sorrell. ?Especially when he saw that one telling him that he hadn?t paid his wife maintenance for their sixteen starving children in over twenty years, and that if anyone saw him to contact the number at the bottom of the caption!?
    ?That was young Jemmiah?s idea.? Simeon nodded at the sleeping figure. ?She gave Meri that one. Just to see the look on your face when Master Jinn found out, she said.?
    ?DID SHE?? Obi-Wan assumed a mock-severe expression. ?Well, it?s just as well my Master found the whole thing highly amusing.?
    ?Really?? Kylenn asked.
    ?He nearly split his side with laughter.? Kenobi confessed. ?And to make matters worse for Mace, so did An-Paj!?

He looked back down at Jemmiah. ?I?ll buy you a drink of Corelli-?Fire Scorch? if you wake up.? He shook her gently. ?Come on, sleepy. We?re nearly there.?
    ?No more chess.? She replied, eyes still shut.
    ?What?? Obi-Wan frowned.
    ?Flirting.? She murmured. ?Bad idea.?

Kenobi gulped. ?This is going to go spectacularly wrong.? He stated.
    ?You wanted her to come with us.? Jay Abran challenged, shrugging. ?If she collapses it?ll be all your fault.? He looked at Dimallie. ?On second thoughts, it?ll be all her fault.?
    ?But I didn?t mean to?? started Dimallie in dismay.
    ?Don?t worry. He?s just stirring.? Kryztan moved towards Jemmiah, and took her head in his hands. Whether it had been intended as a provocative move or not, Kenobi bristled at the somewhat intimate gesture.

?Jemmiah?? Harkley tried to peer into her eyes. ?Can you hear me??

The others exchanged glances.

?Sweetheart? You OK?? He continued, feeling Obi-Wan?s cold, ice blue stare upon his face. He gave her a couple of small taps in the face.
    ?What do y

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    This is so much fun!!! I'd forgotten so much of this wonderful thread.

15. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000

Lilith had just polished off her screwdriver and was about to order another when her mouth dropped open to it's widest extension and was slow to return to its normal position. Her hand pounced on Krelo's shoulder. The Jedi frowned, "What-" but the freighter captain's hand was already jerking her around to stare in the direction of the door.

"Isn't that-" Lilith began.
    "Master Jinn!" Krelo finished for her, stark astonishment evident in her voice. "And Master Windu and a whole speeder full of Knights and Padawans."
    "I wonder what they're doing here?"
    "I dunno. Especially since the singing thingy fund-raiser is set to start in just a couple of hours."
    Lilith turned her muddy green eyes from the tan-clad Jedi invading their watering hole to her friend. "Could this, by any chance, be what the rumors were about?"

As the Jedi lined up at the bar, the bartender began setting up the drinks. To the astonishment of the two women, not a single credit changed hands. "A cantina crawl!" Lilith hissed out in an astonished tone. "I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! Jedi on a cantina crawl!"
    "Well, I'm a Jedi," Krelo stated firmly. "I think you and I ought to tag along." A wicked grin stretched the woman's lips. "Just to keep an eye on them, of course."
    "Oh, of course. We wouldn't think of taking advantage of the free drinks or anything." Demodae agreed with a solemn expression of innocence.
    "No, not us."

They sat back and watched as the whole row of Jedi downed their drinks. Not a few sputtered and coughed their way through the first round. Others took it with experienced ease and it was surprising to the watching women which Jedi fell into which category.

When Krelo caught sight of Padawan Kenobi and his entourage as they entered the Smuggler's Way it wasn't hard to figure out the architect behind tonight's entertainment.

"Jemmiah."
    "Hmm?"
    "Jemmiah, the Corellian hanging on Kenobi's arm."

Lilith turned to look and sure enough, the girl had a way about her. It wasn't necessarily the way she dressed, but the way she walked, the way her eyes sparkled with mischief, the sly grin on her face.

"Hmm, I could have done wonders with that girl if I'd gotten to her before the Jedi did." Lilith watched as Jemmiah and friends joined the line-up at the bar counter and changed her estimation.

"On second thought, I could still do wonders with that girl. I'll bet you anything she'd make a first class smuggler."
    "You'd be right, Lil." Krelo muttered. "That girl has been in more trouble and caused more trouble than my little cousin, Kresa, ever dreamed of." The Knight's light blue eyes followed every move Jemmiah made. "And from the look of things she's about to cause more."

Lilith's hand came to rest on Krelo's shoulder again. "And we have ring-side seats, my friend. Sit back and enjoy the show!"

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    lol! More!

17. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by HEALER LEONA:

Running behind schedule Leona found herself alone hailing an air taxi to get her to the first destination.
    After being dropped off in front of the Smuggler's Way she pushed open the door just a wedge to peek inside.

"Sith" she said to herself in horror.

She had expected the others to be dressed in a similar fashion, not in their traditional Jedi attire. She had never thought to ask what to wear, just assumed that everyone would be dressed in more, well more non-Jedi like clothes.

Cripes, I can't go in there like this, she thought to herself, just as two rather burly looking gentlemen, pushed her through the opened door.
    "Come on, sweetie" one of them said, eyeing her up and down. "Looking for anyone special?" he smiled at her widely.
    "Ah, no...I'm ah...meeting someone." she answered scanning the room quickly.

At one end of the bar stood the masters and older knights, at the other end she spotted Obi-wan and the other padawans.

Remembering her duty, that to watch over Jemmiah she steeled her reserve and slowly made her way to the group.

18. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by KRELO REI'CH:

Krelo couldn't believe her eyes when she saw who pushed through the doors next. "Will ya look at that!"
    Lilith followed her friend's gaze till her eyes settled on a lovely looking lady in a silver/greyish dress. "Why? You know her?"
    "Yeah, she's one of the healers. Leona, also known as Doctor Prude." The amazement still rang in Krelo's voice.

Lilith laughed, her deep husky voice drawing appreciate looks. "She doesn't look much like a prude to me."
    "Yeah. We'll have to think of something else to call her behind her back." Krelo retorted. "Through, for the life of me I never thought I'd ever see her in anything like that, and I think she's wearing make-up too."
    "Tonight is going to be one surprise after another, Krelo, my friend, if the start is anything to judge by." Lilith raised her drink in a silent toast to the cantina crawling Jedi and smothered a snicker at the stories she would have to tell in the cantinas at her next port of call. Krelo just shook her head and wished desperately for the holocamera she'd left in her apartment. She just knew she was going to miss some of the best blackmail material this side of the Outer Rim.

19. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by WAMPASMAK:

Jay Abran sat at the bar, wondering what to order for his first drink of the evening. Nothing too strong, he thought, at least not until after the Masters are too pasted to care. He noticed Garos Hmiol had already ordered a drink of...what was that? As the young man turned Abran got a good look at the glass. Oh, Force; tell me that's not water!

"Hey, kid!"
    "Huh?" He said, looking to see who had spoken. An old man sat at a wooden table against the wall. A plate of Nerf sausages sat in front of him, and another man worked at a stove behind him. "Who, me?"
    "Yeah. Wanna try a free sample?"
    "Why?" Asked Abran, suspicious.
    "I need to get signatures of satisfied customers or this won't be put into production. Come on, help me out here."
    "Alright." he popped one of the sausages into his mouth. "Hmm, not bad." He thanked the man and signed the petition.

"Hey Pops."
    "What, is the next batch done already?" said the old man as Abran walked away.
    "No, but shouldn't you have told him about the, ah, side effect of your sausages?" The cook asked.
    "Are you kidding? Noone would ever try it then." He smiled. "Besides, it's not my fault they cause severe flatulence "

Simeon and Kenobi walked over to Hmiol. The masters were always insisting they talk to Garos, but it was like holding a conversation with a wall.

"What are you drinking?" asked Simeon.
    "Water." replied Garos in his usual one word manner.
    "Wa-Wa-Water???" Obi-wan said in disbelief. "Why?"
    "I've never had alcohol."
    "Oh you poor boy!" Cates exclaimed. "We'll fix that right now!" Simeon grabbed the glass of water and threw it in the nearest waste unit before turning to the bartender.

"One glass of Calamari Riptide." He ordered.
    Obi-wan started to speck. "Simeon, are you sure-" Cates cut him off.
    "It'll be fine. Trust me."

After the LAST time I trusted you? Hutt chance. he thought, but said nothing.

The drink arrived and Simeon handed it to Hmiol. "Thank you...I think."
    "Don't mention it." Cates tossed over his shoulder as he walked away.

After they had left, Hmiol cautiously took a sip. Wow! This is good! His tastebuds screamed. Finishing the rest of the glass quickly, he ordered another.

And another, and another...

20. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by SYBELLE:

Sybelle sat on a stool by the bar, glaring at Harkley.

"What are you trying to do, set him on fire?" she heard a familiar voice at her shoulder.
    "Griff!" she shouted, throwing herself at her surprised looking boyfriend.
    "So, what's wrong with Harkley today?" Griff asked, slipping an arm around her waist. "Did he criticize your lipgloss or something?"
    "No, he's just trying to cause trouble." Sybelle shot Harkley another poisonous look as he gazed lustfully in Jemmiah's direction.
    "Talking of trouble" Griff said quietly, "What are those two doing here?"
    "Who?" Sybelle asked.
    "There." Griff pointed to two women loitering near the edge of the group.
    "Oh, one of them's a Jedi" Sybelle told him.
    "Yes, and the other one just took away half my business." Griff retorted.
    Sybelle could see this would not end well if Griff's Corellian temper got out of control. She decided to change the subject.
    "What sort of business?" she asked, fluttering her eyelashes and moving closer to him.
    "I'll tell you later" Griff winked.

21. Wraith

Wraith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2000
    Hey, Hey, Hey... Eeehhhh.. oh yeah!

Jem - mi - ah, Jem - mi - ah
    GO, GO, GO !!!!

*lol* I like it soooo much !!! ;-)

Or this way:
    "Don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep 'cos I miss you thread and I don't wanna miss a thing...." *lol*

22. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000

Demodae stiffened suddenly and Krelo glanced at her in alarm when the Jedi felt the vibes the bleached blond beside her was giving off.

"What is it?" she hissed to her friend.
    "That man who just came in, the one with the older padawan?"
    "Yeah, I see him."
    "He's in my line of work."
    "What's he doing here?"

Lilith raised an eyebrow as she gazed over Krelo's shoulder. "It looks like he's groping his girlfriend." She made a disapproving sound. "He's much too old and much too sophisticated for her. And, yep, he's spotted me. This is going to make for an even more interesting evening than we thought, Kre. I just convinced the Corellian ambassador that his, well, shall we say 'special goods'," Krelo smirked at the euphemism, "were safer in my hands than Griff's. Not to mention that the Scorpion has been modified to get .07 past light speed faster than Griff's vessel." The woman glanced down at her boots in attempted modesty. "And then there's the small fact that I'm actually taller than he is. He's always hated that."
    "Sounds like a loser."
    "He's a tough customer. And he can be a real pain if he wants to be. He knows I've taken that shipment for the ambassador. Old Haveton can't get in trouble because of his diplomatic immunity, but if I get caught moving that stuff," Lilith smiled wolfishly," Not that I will, mind you, but if I get caught I'll be the one left holding the bag."
    "Then comm M1-CK and make sure he keeps an eye on things. He's smart enough to stash them some place safe where no one will find them." Krelo suggested.
    "No, they're safe enough for right now. They're not even on board yet, but that doesn't mean Bantha poodoo. Griff'll find someway to make my life miserable. He's good at getting revenge."

Krelo made a dismissive noise. "If he gets to be a pain, just let me know and I'll wave my hand and make him forget. It's the least I can do for the woman who saved my life."

23. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

?He?s watching you again.?
    ?Who is?? Jemmiah craned her head round, slowly taking in the various mixtures of aliens, humanoids and padawans that filled the bar.
    ?Him.? Kenobi stared from under dark brows at the dashingly handsome figure of Kryztan Harkley. ?He?s hardly taken his eyes off you since we got in the hover-bus.? A muscle in his face twitched ever so slightly, betraying his annoyance.
    ?You?re jealous.? Jemmiah looked surprised. She desperately wanted to spare a quick glance at Kryztan to see if he really WAS staring at her like Obi-Wan had said, but resisted the temptation. It wouldn?t do to upset Ben. Mind you, it was flattering that someone as attractive as Harkley was looking in her direction?

Stop it, she chided herself. You are treading into very dangerous territory. If she were honest, she didn?t really fancy Kryztan at all.

But she still felt honored. And a little excited. She?d never had too men pawing the floor over her before. As for Kryztan: he was just too polished. Too smooth. There was none of Jay Abran?s cockiness. None of Simeon?s appealing helplessness. He didn?t have Ben?s cute dimples, either, or Qui-Gon?s tall, stoic dignity?

Sith! Where did that last thought come from, she thought in disgust. Ugh!

Obi-Wan gulped at his drink. ?What if I am?? He replied coolly.
    ?Jealousy leads to the darkside.? She tried to recover her composure.
    ?Then I?m a Sith apprentice.? He growled, not taking his glare from Kryztan for one minute.
    ?Calm down.? Jemmiah slid her hand across the bar and placed it on his. ?There?s no contest here. This isn?t his teeth marks I?ve got in my neck.? She indicated the bite, which she had managed to hide with a velvet neck scarf.
    ?Sorry.? Kenobi smiled.
    ?Don?t apologize to me. I just hope it?s gone away before Evla comes back.? The hand stretched up to take hold of his padawan braid, and she started twisting it round her fingers. ?I can?t believe how much this has grown since I first met you. I had just turned ten and you were, what, about fourteen? I could go skipping with this now!?
    ?I can?t believe how much you?ve grown, either!? He replied cheekily, eyes sweeping the curvy figure up and down.
    ?Impudent Sith!? She tugged the braid and pulled him forward, kissing him on the lips.

Ha! Kenobi was ecstatic. There was no way Kryztan Harkley would miss that one!

Sybelle watched as Kryztan grimaced to himself, then turned to stare despondently into his glass. Good! Let?s hope he gets the message, she thought irritably. Obi-Wan cares what happens to Jemmiah. It?s more than Kryztan ever would. He was a trophy hunter in the same way as his master Dex Berlingside was. Both had an eye for the ladies, especially the ones that always seemed just out of their reach. It was different in this case, though, she realized grimly. He was completely smitten and had been for some months. Sybelle had been aware that Kryztan had been watching Jemmiah for a good while now, and the whole affair was beginning to smack of obsessiveness. He?d even taken to following her around, but staying at a respectable distance.

The more she thought about it, the worse her bad feeling got. Far from the despairing look he had worn only moments earlier, there was now in its place the determined glint of battle in Kryztan?s eyes. Sybelle had toyed with the idea of telling Master Jinn about the padawan?s feelings at one stage. Perhaps she would still.

One thing was for sure, if Obi-Wan ever found out that his girlfriend was being stalked, Kryztan would be in deep poodoo.

?Sith!? Qui-Gon?s eyes opened to an impossible size. ?It?s HER!?

Mace followed his friends? gaze until he saw the object of Qui-Gon?s distaste.

?Oh.? Windu said. ?You mean Sal-Fina.?
    ?Yes.? He hissed.
    ?Can?t you two be nice to each other, just now and again?? Mace asked.
    ?Sorry, did you say something there? I think I must be going deaf.? Qui-Gon swept back his long hair and placed a hand to his ear.
    ?OK, OK.? Windu laughed. ?I adm

24. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Here, here, to not having to wait long between posts. Now we can chuckle and laugh at a steady pace!

25. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by HEALER LEONA:

Are you trying to get her attention?" Mace asked as he placed the drink in front of his friend, whose head was still craned in the direction of his ex.

Qui-Gon's head swung around with the speed of a Dagoban viper.

"No, of course I'm not!" he glared at Mace. "The last thing I need is a confrontation with that woman."
    "Then may I suggest staring at her is not the best means to avoid that."

Qui-Gon opened his mouth, ready to deny the ridiculous accusation. He wasn't staring at her, he was just...just, oh hell, alright he was staring, so what.

Mace watched with amusement as the display of emotions played over Qui-Gon's face. He knew his friend for far too long not to realize there was still an attraction on his part for the self-absorbed blonde Jedi.

"Maybe I should just contact Obi-Wan, see how he's doing and check up on Jemmiah." Qui-Gon stated suddenly, making a move as if to leave.
    "No" Mace blurted quickly, grabbing Qui-Gon by the arm. "They're old enough to take care of themselves and anyway, when was the last time we spent a quiet evening out among friends. Let's just enjoy ourselves while we have the opportunity."

Raising his glass toward Qui-Gon, "Here's to a quiet evening on the town." Mace toasted, casting a surreptitious glance at the back of the bar where Obi-Wan and Jemmiah hid.

"To a quiet evening." Qui-Gon replied, his eyes skeptically drawn down the bar toward Sal-Fina.

"Master Jinn is staring at you." Ambianca said with relish to her master.
    "So let him stare." Sal-Fina answered crisply, tossing her hair back with a quick shake of her head. A gratified smile coming to her lips.
    "Maybe he wants to speak with you." Ambianca suggested, observing the way her master's body language changed with the knowledge of being watched.
    "Well, if Master Jinn has anything to say to me, he can very well find his way here on his own." Sal-Fina said arrogantly. "Padawan, you must learn that a confident woman does not go about chasing after every man that looks her way."

Ambianca smiled appreciatively, knowing what her master was talking about. She had studied the woman for years, saw the way her master attracted male attention without ever really trying. Always in control.
    It was no secret she wanted to be just like her, and had been thrilled when chosen as her padawan.

She didn't care that others thought of her as spoiled and conceited. Sal-Fina told her it was only their jealousy and insecurities that caused them to think of her such. That it only meant she was better than them and they knew it.

Taking a drink from her own glass she resolved to learn everything she could from her master, to emulate her in every possible way.

She'd show everyone she was also a woman to be reckoned with, just like Sal-Fina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.