main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Night to (Almost) Remember: (JA ) Humor - completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by WAMPASMAK:

Near the table where the game was getting under way, Garos sat. Or at least, he tried to sit. Everything was blurry. He wondered briefly if he was drunk. Nah, you have to have like a hundred drinks to get drunk, don't you? I only had about thirty. It's just the smoke.

"Guess I hurt one more won't." He said as he walked to the bar. Then he laughed aloud. "Yoda I like master sound!"

2. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

I am so BORED, thought Meri, as she listened to Ambianca and Junine discussing their top ten favorite padawans in the temple. What I wouldn?t give for some fun around this place!

Ambianca toyed with her long, golden braid. ?That Jay Abran?s kind of easy on the eyes, don?t you think?? She looked round with a scowl reminiscent of her master pasted across her delicate features. ?Where is he, do you know? He was one of the padawans who were signed up for this thing. I saw his name on the list.? She sipped at her drink. ?So was that Kryztan Harkley. Now HE?s really something special.?

Meri sighed. The conversation had been going on like this ever since they had arrived.

?He knows it, too.? Junine sniffed. ?He really thinks he?s the catch of the temple.?
    ?Well, he is.? Ambianca smiled. A sly little glint appeared in her eyes. ?Word is he?s got himself all hot and bothered over a girl a few years junior to himself.?
    ?WHO! WHO!? Junine almost wrung her hands together in excitement. There was nothing she liked better than juicy gossip or temple scandal.

Ambianca smirked. ?That?s the weird thing about it. He?s head over heels for our Corellian street rat.?
    ?Jemmiah?? Junine spat the words out. ?You have GOT to be joking! What would a handsome boy like Kryz do moping about after THAT??
    ?She?s very pretty, I think.? Meri retorted. ?And she seems to have captured Kenobi?s heart.?

Junine made a disparaging sound. ?It won?t last. He just can?t see past her rather obvious charms.?
    ?Which she?s at great pains to show off, considering the way she dresses.? Ambianca added. ?Although I agree with Meri. She certainly has improved in the last few years. She was quite unpromising to start off with. Tangled hair falling into her face, with those eyes that were just too big for her head. And scrawny! You could have threaded her through a needle when she first came to Coruscant!?
    ?That?s because she was half starved to death, as I recall.? Meri felt disgusted.

Junine made a face.

?I have to say she?s pulled out all the stops on this fundraiser, though.? Ambianca admitted reluctantly. ?It sure as heck beats this singing contest thing they?ve got lined up afterwards.? She barked a harsh laugh. ?Poor Jemmiah. Stuck with the healers whilst we get to go out and enjoy ourselves. I almost feel sorry for her.?
    ?You could have fooled me.? Meri stood up abruptly. ?I?m going to get another drink.?

She didn?t stop to ask if the others wanted a refill.

Jay Abran dished out the first card to Obi-Wan.

Endurance.

Kenobi grinned. This was going to be fun.

Jemmiah?s turn.

Five of Sabres.

She winked at Obi-Wan. Simeon caught the look and knew something was going down.

Sybelle next. Her eyes closed in relief.

Nine of coins.

Kryztan stared at his card, thumbing the edge.

Two of Staves.

Griff watched as Abran threw him his card face down. He turned it over.

The Evil One.

Letina licked her dry lips.

Three of Sabres.

This is terrible, thought Healer Leona as she watched the game unfold slowly. Jay Abran looked cool and collected in his role as games master. Jemmiah looked plain excited by the whole thing, as did Obi-Wan. Simeon wore a frown of concentration as the cards were dished out one by one. Kylenn and Jodi Mullicar appeared equally nervous as they studied every move.

Simeon?s card.

The Idiot.

?Ok, ok. Stop laughing.? He complained as everyone howled at the aptness of the card he had received.

Letina wiped her eyes on her sleeve. Poor Simeon! If she didn?t know any better, she could have sworn that these cards were stacked!

There was that look again, this time between Abran and Jemmiah. A secret communication between co-conspirators.

Dimallie?s turn.

One of Flasks.

Leona just couldn?t see what the great enjoyment factor was in this thing. She wasn?t against the consumption of alcohol, but to take part in something as idiotic as this? She saw Jemmi

3. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by WAMPASMAK:

"Excuse me." Everyone turned to see the bartender, holding a very drunk Garos Hmiol. "Is he with you?"
    Hmiol spoke up. "Tell I'm not him drunk. He let won't me drink have." his head swayed side to side.
    Obi-wan was amazed. He had never seen padawan Hmiol in THIS condition before. "Um, Garos, how many Riptides did you have?"
    "Oh think I thirty about so or."
    "THIRTY!" He could easily handle thirty Riptides on a good day, it was not a very strong drink, but Hmiol was not used to alcohol. Garos was one drink away from the floor.

Obi-wan turned to Simeon. "This is YOUR fault!"
    "Relax." Simeon said, calm. "He'll be sober enough in a couple hours, they're only Riptides." He grinned. "Besides, I think it's an improvement." He turned to the bartender.
    "Set him down over there." He said, pointing to a table across from them, "And get him a cup of cafe'."

Hmiol sat at the table, muttering something.

4. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

?Dimallie??

No answer.

?YOO-HOOOOO!?
    ?Sith! She really doesn?t know how to drink.? Muttered Obi-Wan, as he bent over to see if there was any sign of life from Leona?s comatose apprentice.
    ?That penalty was a little severe.? Jemmy grinned at Meri. ?One ice cube down the back every time she stopped drinking!?
    ?She looks like she?s been swimming.? Sybelle nodded in satisfaction.
    ?Is she alive, or has she surrendered to the force?? Letina asked, amusement easy to read on her face.
    ?Oh, she?ll be OK. Won?t she, Simeon?? Kryztan shot a smile at Jemmy.

Kenobi glowered and put his arm round her shoulder.

?Hmm? Oh, yes. I?m sure she?ll be fine. Although quite what she?s going to be like after another ten plus cantina visits, force only knows.? He stared at her. ?I think it was the Alderaani Rum that floored her.?
    ?Thank you, Healer Cates. Your professional opinion is noted.? Obi-Wan clapped him on the shoulder, and watched the young man sway a little. Jay Abran was correct.

He couldn?t hold his alcohol.

?We?ll have to tidy her up before Leona comes back.? Meri pondered aloud.
    ?She?ll not notice.? Simeon hiccuped.
    ?Not notice?? Jemmiah snorted. ?Her precious dumpling Dimallie is lying slumped unconscious over the table, and Padawan Nice-but-Dull over there," she indicated Hmiol, "is insensible. Not that he was up to much conversation-wise before.? She looked around for inspiration. ?What do we do? Stand ?em in the corner with their arms outstretched and pretend they?re coat wracks??
    ?I think that?s a GOOD idea.? Simeon clapped his hands. ?I?d like to see that. Who wants another drink??
    ?I?ll have a Flame-out.? Jemmiah said. ?Thanks.?

Obi-Wan looked uncomfortable. ?You?ve had quite a bit for just one cantina.? He said quietly.
    ?Hell?s teeth, when did you turn into Master Jinn?? Jemmiah pinched him on the cheek.
    ?Where?s Abran got to?? Meri folded her arms impatiently. She stared further up the bar. From the side exit, she could just about make out?

?HEALER LEONA!? She exclaimed shrilly.
    ?What?? Letina panicked. ?What do we do with her?? She pointed at Dimallie.
    ?Look, she?ll hardly notice anything is wrong.? Simeon declared.
    ?Not with you, maybe.? Jemmiah bit her lip. ?OK, guys leave the talking to me??
    ?Are you sure that?s wise?? Obi-Wan muttered.
    ?Just DO it, pigtails! Go prop her up or somethin', quick!"

As Leona walked towards the group at the back, all her instincts told her something was VERY wrong. The closer she got, the more obvious it became. She didn?t have to be An-Paj to work out what had happened.

?Dimallie?? She squeaked in concern.
    ?She?s absolutely fine, Leona. Absolutely nothing to worry about.? Jemmiah crossed her fingers behind her back.
    ?Fine?? Leona blinked. ?How can you say that? Look at her!?
    ?She is! Cross my heart and hope to marry a Sith.?
    ?She?s out cold!?
    ?No you?re not, are you Dimallie?? Jemmiah turned round, just in time to see Meri?s hand working Dimallie?s head at the back like she was a giant puppet.

?Yes!? Meri piped up in a very artificial sounding voice, Dimallie?s head lolling backwards and forwards.
    Jemmiah nearly collapsed with laughter yet somehow managed to keep a straight face, which was more than could be said for the others.

?She never said that.? Leona said coldly.
    "Sure she did.? Jemmy smiled. ?Dimallie, give us a wave, girl.?
    From behind, Obi-Wan sneaked out a hand and worked Dimallie?s arm rather obviously, flapping it up and down like the wing of a bird.
    ?See?? Jemmy said. ?She?s just raring to go. I?m telling you, nothing has happened to her??

There was a clatter of booted feet against the cantina floor.

?I?ve got the mop and bucket!? Jay Abran shouted. ?All we have to do is clear up all the sick before Leona?? His voice trailed off.

There was a long and deadly silence. Eventually, Jemmiah broke it.

?Can I get you a drink, Healer Leona??

5. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by HEALER LEONA:

Leona stared hopelessly at her padawan and her so-called friends. It was by Dimallie's
    own will that she now lay senseless on the table and as much as she'd like to whisk her apprentice out of the clutches of her mischief-loving peers Leona knew it would be unwise.

Dimallie was old enough to make her own choices and as her Master, Leona had to allow her to learn from them, no matter the consequences. The girl wouldn't grow as a person if she were always there coddling her, nor would it win the respect and acceptance she so desperately wanted from those she called friends.
    If this was what Dimallie wanted then far be it from her to deny the girl her friends.

Knowing what the results of this evening's activities would probably be for all those seated around the table, Leona made the decision to turn a blind eye to all but the most blatant of offenders. She still had to look after Jemmiah.

Seating herself in an empty chair she turned to the Corellian girl with a smile, "I think I'll have a virgin muja spritzer" she said, glancing at Obi-Wan who immediately jumped up to get it.

Returning with it he placed it in front of Healer Leona who in turn traded it with the Flame-out in front of Jemmiah.

"The very least you can do is go easy on the alcohol, this is only the first stop." raising the Flame-out in salute she drank it down, noting the glare from Jemmiah and the look of relief on Obi-Wan.

"And Jay Abran, feel free to make use of those instruments you've so thoughtfully provided."

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by DAPHNE:

Muttering to himself, An-Paj completed his search of the Temple. No Jemmiah. No Obi-Wan.

Why do I get the feeling that whereever they are, they are together?

Frowning An-Paj decided that there were only two places that pair could be. Since he didn't think Qui-Gon gave Obi-Wan a large enough allowance for a hotel room, that just left... the cantina crawl.

"Sith! He's going to kill that girl."

Storming into the healer's An-Paj grabbed a medical bag, and two pair of force restraints. They're coming back here whether they like it or not.

Noticing Padawan Giana looking very forlorn at the front desk, An-Paj realized she must have been planning on going to the cantina crawl. Hitting her up for information, An-Paj headed out the door.

Obi-Wan will regret the day he decided to mess with THIS healer.

7. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

?Where does she get off telling me what to drink?? Jemmiah couldn?t believe the temerity of Healer Leona. She?d thought her a quiet, timorous little creature whose one aim in life was to be affable and avoid causing trouble of any description. It seemed now that the worm had well and truly turned.

Well, two could play at that.

She gave Abran that look. The one that meant there was a hidden agenda of sorts. Kenobi saw it. Simeon, how ever unsteady he was becoming, recognized it also. Sybelle nudged her boyfriend knowingly. There was some fun in the offing.

?You know, Leona, this stuff?s awful.? She groused at the table.
    ?That?s a pity.? The healer replied. ?I?m going to see that you?re drinking it for the rest of the evening.? She saw Jemmiah pull a face. ?Or you could always go back to the healers.? Leona added pointedly.

Victory, thought Leona, as Jemmiah seemed to give a sullen impression of relenting with little good grace at all.

What she hadn?t seen was the glint of sheer devilment in those copper eyes.

Obi-Wan whispered in his girlfriend?s ear, ?What are you up to now??
    ?Revenge, dear Ben. Pure and simple. I?m not a vindictive person by nature, but if it got out that I had allowed myself to be mollycoddled all evening by a healer masquerading as a strip artiste, I would never be able to hold my head up in a Cantina ever again. And we wouldn?t want that, would we??
    ?And?? He prompted.
    ?Buy me a Autrial-Slammer.? She said wickedly.
    ?NO WAY.? Obi-Wan refused point blank. ?That?s FAR too strong.?
    ?It?s not for me, silly.? She jerked her head sharply at Leona. ?It?s for a certain Healer of our acquaintance.?
    ?You promise?? Kenobi felt a smile tug at his lips.
    ?Of course. Would I lie to you??
    ?Yes.? He grinned.
    ?Well, nevermind that now.? She mumbled in reply. ?Would you indulge me in this one??

He stood up, the grin spreading even further. ?A Slammer. OK.?

She watched Obi-Wan retreat to the bar, as did Leona. The latter did not feel as reassured as she had a minute or so earlier, as Jemmiah?s seeming compliance had evaporated before her eyes. She had unwittingly made this a test of wills.

And she had the horrible feeling she knew who was in control.

In the background she became aware of several interested spectators.

Oh, Sith!

?Can I get you a drink, Leona?? Jay Abran enquired gallantly.
    ?Same as before.? The healer looked askance at her opponent. She wasn?t sure what the Corellian had planned, but she didn?t think it would be pleasant.

They met each other?s stares. Jemmiah smiled that very charming smile. Leona settled for remaining cool in the line of duty, as she waited for their drinks to be brought back to the table.

I don?t like the confident way she?s looking at me, thought Leona nervously. I feel like I should be on the lookout for a hidden blade inserted in the back of my seat?

Kenobi returned first with Jemmiah?s Slammer.

?Here you go.? He placed the blue drink in front of the girl. ?I hope you know what you?re doing.?
    ?I do.? Leona replied, reaching across for the glass and pulling it out of Jemmy?s reach.
    ?Hey.? She pouted. ?That was mine.?
    ?Not any more.? Leona smiled simply, tossing her head back and swallowing the contents without much of a thought.

Jemmy observed the entire scene with a detached interest.

?Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!? Leona managed to cry out through her burned voice box. ?Whaaaa??
    ?I think she?s trying to ask what that stuff was.? Drawled Simeon.

Tears had come to Leona?s eyes, but the power of speech continued to elude her.
    ?It was a Slammer. Bit of a specialty in this place. Oh, I should really have warned you that it has a bit of a kick, but when you go around stealing other people?s drinks, you have to find these things out as you go.?
    Jemmiah smiled a tight smile.

Jay Abran returned with Leona?s low alcohol drink and was about to set it down in front of her when Jemmiah took it from his grasp.

?This must be mine, I think.? She raised her glass a

8. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Doctor Prude gets that tables turned on her. :)

9. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    LOL! Took me a few mins to catch up, but it was worth it LOL!

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    yeah, it only took me half an hour to catch up, but I did!

11. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by DAPHNE:

An-Paj slipped unnoticed into the bar. Well, unnoticed except for Healer Leona who just about fell out of her chair.

Sith! What's he doing here?

Looking around to make sure they hadn't been spotted, Leona did, what she convinced herself, was only living up to her arrangement with Dimallie and Simeon. Using a Force push that was probably misjudged a bit after that last drink, she pucked Obi-Wan and Jemmiah under the table.

Glancing around the cantina, An-Paj at first saw nothing out of the ordinary. Then... //Force, is that Leona? What on Coruscant is she wearing?// Striding over, he intended on finding out exactly why she had such a guilty look on her face.

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by LILITH DEMODAE:

Lilith asked for a Riptide the next time around. She wanted to make sure she stayed sober enough to truly enjoy the spectacle the Jedi were making of themselves. She ignored the suspicious glances Griff kept shooting her way. It wasn't her fault if he had a chip on his shoulder and there was no way this side of the galactic rim she was going make it easy for him to start a fight. The last thing she needed was to be picked up by the cops and tossed in jail for the night. She had to leave early the next morning if she was going to meet the deadlines for the rest of this run.

Krelo waved to a few of the knights and masters she was on good terms with, a depressingly small number in this crowd, and downed yet another drink. She'd spied the padawans in the back playing a Corellian drinking game and was thinking seriously about wandering over to join them. There were all too few opportunities for that sort of fun at the Temple.

13. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

At the back of the Cantina, things were getting very tense.

?What?s going on!? Jemmiah?s expression had turned rapidly from smug satisfaction to alarm within the space of a few brief seconds. ?Is this your doing??

Obi-Wan shook his head, eyes wide and round. He mouthed the words ?AN-PAJ? and pointed frenetically above the table with one finger.

?Oh, holy Master Yoda?s sainted underwear.? Jemmiah hissed. ?Why is HE here??
    ?Because he knows that YOU are.? Kenobi mumbled. ?Keep still. I?ll try and shield us.?

She tucked herself up as small as she could manage and pulled the plasti-table cover as far over as it would. Obi-Wan likewise huddled himself into a ball, concentrating on masking their presence. He looked at Jemmy and impulsively grabbed her hand.

?Whilst we?re down here?? He grinned.

?An-Paj! What a delight to see you here. And so unexpected.? Leona said in an unnecessarily loud voice.
    ?Leona? I thought it was you,? An-Paj walked slowly over to the table where she was sat and cast his eyes appreciatively over her, ?But I confess I did think I was imagining things at first. This isn?t your normal look at all. Not that it isn?t most becoming.?

Leona blushed slightly at the compliment. Under the table, Jemmiah made a gagging gesture and Obi-Wan stifled laughter. What a smooth talking old devil An-Paj was.

?I was wondering why you were over here with the padawans, though.?

Everyone froze, including the two hidden fugitives.

?Well?? Leona stammered, wracking her brain for a plausible excuse, ?It?s a little embarrassing.?

The healer frowned. ?Go on.?

Seeing that she was reluctant to divulge her great secret, An-Paj pulled up a seat next to her. His leg nearly caught Obi-Wan in the face as he crossed his legs under the table.

?It?s my padawan.? She confessed eyes downcast. She indicated the sprawling mass in the corner that was Dimallie. ?I think she overindulged a smidgen whilst I was answering a call of nature.?
    ?She lost a drinking match?? Hazarded An-Paj with a rueful expression.
    ?How did you know??
    ?Dimallie doesn?t strike me as the type of person who is used to alcohol.? He replied. ?She doesn?t seem the sort of person who would drink that heavily without some severe cajoling.? He looked around him, at Simeon and Jay, both of them fidgeting under his scrutiny. Kylenn looked worried and even Meri appeared subdued.

?Where is she, Leona?? An-Paj interlaced his hands and leaned forward conspiratorially.
    ?Where is who?? Leona swallowed.
    ?I think we both know who. Is Kenobi here, too?? An idea struck him. ?Perhaps I should speak to Master Jinn. He must be beside himself with worry, with that poor girl wandering round the streets with a concussion.?
    ?Oh?? Leona feigned surprise. ?You mean Jemmiah??
    ?Yes, the one and only.? An-Paj nodded. ?Now don?t tell me she was never here??
    ?Well,? Leona picked her words carefully, ?If she was, I don?t see her now.?

An-Paj took that in.

?I know that young lady?s remarkable talent for finding trouble. I also know the mark of one of her victims.? He pointed at Dimallie.

An-Paj tried another tack. ?I shouldn?t want to risk an excess of alcohol mixed with a fairly recent head injury. That?s not the way to be setting yourself up for a ripe old age. Downright dangerous, infact.?

Leona?s worry began to surface again. What kind of healer was she when she was jeopardizing her patient?s wellbeing in this manner? She was half tempted to tell him exactly where they were, when An-Paj spoke again.

?Anyhow, I?ve brought a little back up with me, just incase we find we should have to persuade Ms Gleshan to return with us. For her own good, you understand.?

Jemmiah cursed silently under the table. She could almost here the smile in An-Paj?s voice.
    ?Well, if you?re all sure that you haven?t seen them, I shall be off to give my report to Master Jinn. I wouldn?t want to use these RESTRAINTS we?ve got with us. If you should come across Jemmiah, you mig

14. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Yay, repost! The things that happen when you're away for a week. I LOVED this story- and now I can read the missing bits, excellent!

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

15. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    WAHOO! "The things you see. . ." Simeon cracks me up!

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by HEALER LEONA:

"Jemmiah?" she said softly, shocked by the normally extroverted girl's behavior. Eyes wide with fear, she appeared to be shaking like a tauntaun at midnight on Hoth.

"Jemmiah." she repeated, the girl's eyes finally focusing on her. "Are you alright?"

A stupid question, it was obvious she wasn't, but she needed to get the girl's attention.

Leona knew only the barest of Jemmiah's history. That she came from Nargotria at the age of ten and was a sometimes ward of Qui-Gon's when she was on Coruscant.

"I won't be put in restraints." she told the healer quietly, "I can't."

Crawling completely under the table, she sat next to the girl, looking into large wide eyes full of fear.
    Leona didn't think it possible to ever see the girl so vulnerable, her lively spirit so broken. Just looking at her broke the healer's heart.

Taking the girl's hand in her own, "No one's going to put you in restraint's Jemmiah. Not Qui-Gon. Not An-Paj. They'll have to come through me first." she said with forceful resolution.

Jemmiah blinked at the healer hearing the promise in her voice.

"Now I'm not saying there won't be any repercussions from this little adventure of yours. You did leave the infirmary against medical advice, and Master Jinn's wishes, which I may add, were for your own good. We'll all be dealing with the consequences of our actions tonight, but I see no reason you and I can't make the most of it. Within reason, of course." the healer added with only the barest of lecturing tone.

An astonished look crossed Jemmiah's face at the caring nature of the healer. It was rare when someone showed her that type of kindness, even when they were subjected to her wild inclinations. Master Jinn had been one of those rare individuals.

Seeing that the girl's tremors had subsided and the sparkle had returned to her eyes, Leona ventured, "Why don't I just remove myself from this rather uncomfortable position." she shot a hesitant glance at the many legs that surrounded the table, remembering the show she had probably given.

"Simeon" she said, holding her hand out waiting.

Taking his cue, Simeon placed her previously ordered drink into her hand.

Raising the glass to Jemmiah, who now wore an impish grin, Leona quaffed the drink then began to crawled out from under the table with as much dignity as possible

17. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by DAPHNE:

An-Paj glanced around. He didn't want to play chaperone, and he couldn't go back without Jemmiah... and Kenobi if he could get his hands on him.

Spotting Qui-Gon and Mace across the bar, An-Paj ambled over.

"An-Paj, I was under the impression that you wouldn't be joining us."
    "I didn't intend to Qui-Gon, however, I believe I discovered what became of Jemmiah."

His interest perked, Qui-Gon smiled. "So you have her back in the infirmary then I take it."
    "No, and I believe she is here with Obi-Wan."
    "WHAT!?!?!" Qui-Gon replied as he sprayed a glass of Alderaanian rum across the counter.

Mace just looked amused. Tonight could be more interesting than I thought.

18. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

?We don?t have much time.? Obi-Wan looked about him anxiously. ?An-Paj is probably telling my master as we speak that he thinks we are on the premises.?
    ?What are you going to do?? Kylenn asked. ?Short of turning yourself invisible or camping under the table for the rest of the evening??

Leona extended an arm and helped Jemmiah crawl out from the table. ?Are you OK?? Kenobi asked Jemmy anxiously. ?That was a bit scary for a while.?
    ?I?m fine.? Jemmiah smiled briefly. She glanced up at Leona from under thick, dark lashes. ?Thanks.? She added.

Leona nodded, delighted with their truce. ?He?s going to come over pretty soon, I should think.? The healer replied, searching for a swift solution. ?If he doesn?t see you here he might get the impression that An-Paj made a mistake.?
    ?An-Paj isn?t in the habit of making mistakes.? Simeon chirped up. ?He leaves that to us lesser mortals.?
    ?True.? Sighed Leona. ?How about?is there anywhere else you could hide until the heat?s off??
    ?There?s an old cellar through the back,? Jemmy pointed down to a hatchway. ?Fizz Mollop?s turned it into a gaming room. Not many people know of it, so if you could keep that piece of information to yourself I think he?d be grateful.?

Leona stood wondering how come Jemmiah had been privy to this information to start with?Gaming, indeed!

?Would this?er? Fizz Whatshisname??
    ?Mollop.?
    ?Right, would he let you stay there for the time being? We could let you know when it was safe for you to come out of hiding.?
    ?Fizz?ll be fine about it.? Kenobi agreed. ?We?ve been down before. Although not as runaways.? He grinned ruefully.
    ?Yes, well. Don?t make a habit of it.? Leona admonished.
    ?Anyone would think we?d eloped, or something.? Jemmiah complained. ?Hey, there?s an idea! We could run off together and??
    ??Watch as my master hacked me to death with a rusty chainsaw.? Obi-Wan mumbled. ?I?ll pass on that.? He winked at her. ?For the time being, anyway.?

Leona grew slightly alarmed at that last statement, but decided to hold her tongue.

?I?ll go see Fizz about hiding us. Sybelle? You want to come too??
    ?You MUST be joking.? Sybelle snorted. ?I?m not going to hide away like some naughty schoolkid. If my master doesn?t like what she sees then that?s her problem. Besides,? she added with a leer, ?Two?s company and all that sort of thing.?

Leona waited until Obi-Wan returned with Fizz Mollop; a middle-aged humanoid with a wide grin, all set off with a row of gold teeth. His Sandy hair seemed to stick out in all directions, giving him the appearance of having just dragged himself out of bed.

?Kenobi here?s just explained your problem.? He leaned forwards confidentially, ?I understand. I had to hide my girlfriends away from my father, too. Usually because they were wanted by the law.? He winked.
    ?What for?? Leona swallowed in consternation. How had Jemmiah got herself mixed up with somebody like this?

On second thoughts, she didn?t want to know.

?Curb crawling, mainly.? He eyed Leona and pointed to her dress. ?That?s my idea of a Jedi uniform. I?m all for that!? His breath was distinctly alcoholic.
    ?I?m sure Master Yoda will be pleased to hear you say that.? She glanced at Obi-Wan as he took hold of Jemmiah?s hand and led her through the secret hatchway.

She was not happy about this, not one little bit.

?Where are the others?? Qui-Gon straightened up sharply.
    ?Hiding down the back playing some Corellian ritualistic drinking game. I rather think Leona?s padawan has come off a little the worse for wear, despite the fact Leona?s with them.?
    ?Dimallie?s Master is here?? Jinn frowned. ?Didn?t she say if Jemmiah and Obi-Wan were here??
    ?Oh, she did.? An-Paj replied, ?although not directly. She?d look pretty bad infront of the others if she handed them over into our custody.? The healer flexed his hands.
    ?Not very professional.? Qui-Gon said acidly.
    ?She?s a good healer, and an extremely nice person. The fact she?s never had to treat you before s

19. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by KRELO RE'ICH:

Krelo stood and stretched her shoulders. She shook out her butt length mane of dark red hair and turned to her friend.
    "Lil, I'm going to show those puppies over there just what Corellian deathmatch is all about." A wicked glint played in her leaf-green eyes. "Wanna join me?"
    "What's Corellian deathmatch without a genuine Corellian?" she asked casually and stood, towering over even Krelo's 5'10". The two amazons's made a stunning looking pair in their fitted pants, loose shirts and vests. Krelo kept her sabre hilt hidden in a pocket sewn into the back of her vest where she could quickly lay a hand on it in an emergency. Lilith didn't bother with stealth and a large blaster hung boldly from her belt.

Together the two women made their way over to the padawan's table and glanced around.

"Deathmatch?" Lilith asked with a raised eyebrow. "Mind if we join you?"

20. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by HEALER LEONA:

Qui-Gon squared his shoulders as he walked to the far corner where the padawans were.
    Adopting a forbidding posture he decided to use his intimidating image to his advantage. If it took scare tactics to get to the truth then, so be it, he thought.

Leona watched with mixed emotions as Qui-Gon and An-Paj approached the table. Her heart skipped a beat when the Jedi Master's gaze fell on her, giving only the briefest of glances before turning it on the padawans who tried hard not to be noticed.

Qui-Gon paused at the table, taking delight in the way none around it would meet his eyes.

"Simeon." he finally stated, noting the way tension bled out of everyone but the boy whose name he called.
    "Why, hello Master Jinn." Simeon said quickly, trying not to sound as drunk as he already felt. "Are you enjoying yourself?" he asked with too quick a smile.
    "Have you seen Jemmiah?" Qui-Gon ignored the question.
    "Well, ah, Master Jinn, not recently." Simeon answered, avoiding a straight lie.
    An-Paj stepped forward, a frown on his face. "Padawan Cates, I believe what Qui-Gon wants to know is if Jemmiah's here."
    "Master An-Paj" Leona spoke up timidly, "I'm sure wherever the girl might be she's in good hands. Obi-Wan would be sure to see that no harm comes to her."
    Qui-Gon glared at the woman standing behind an obviously over intoxicated padawan passed out on the table.
    "And who might you be?" he asked gruffly.
    "Qui-Gon you remember Healer Leona P'lila." An-Paj broke in, seeing Qui-Gon's anger escalate at Leona's innocent comment.
    "You're Leona?" Qui-Gon couldn't refrain from casting a perusing glance over the woman.

"Then this is your apprentice?" he pointed to the unconscious figure draped over the table.

Taking a protective step forward, Leona placed a hand on the back of the chair.

"I'm afraid Dimallie's had the unfortunate luck to being the loser of a rather potent drinking game." Leona answered calmly, offering a shy smile.
    "And you allowed this?" Qui-Gon blurted accusingly, the control of his temper dampened by the effects of the alcohol he had consumed.

Disturbed by the tense exchange, An-Paj placed a restraining hand on Qui-Gon.

"I don't think that this is the place..." the Master Healer glanced at the padawans around them.
    "It's a master's responsibility to instruct and care for their young charges." Qui-Gon shook off the healer's grasp. "Not dress up like that and play drinking games with them."
    "What's wrong with the way I'm dressed?" Leona stammered, her voice filled with hurt.
    "That's hardly befitting a Jedi Knight." he answered caustically.
    "No, but it is befitting a woman" she rounded on him, her eyes shining with moisture.

Taking four steps closer to him so as not to have to raise her voice, she looked up at him glowering.

"I suppose it would be more appropriate to wear my Jedi robes when cantina-hopping for all of Coruscant to take notice." she said indignantly.

Hurt and shocked by his extreme attitude she surprised herself by continuing her quiet tirade. "And as to my padawan, I was not in attendance during the game. In case you haven't noticed they're not crèche babies anymore, they have ideas of their own and maybe if you stopped treating your own apprentice as one he wouldn't find it necessary to be sneaking around behind your back."

Blinking back tears Leona turned to the table, "Simeon, please watch over Dimallie while I get a cup of caff for her."

Leaving an embarrassed An-Paj and speechless Qui-Gon behind, Leona walked quickly away passing two tall women heading in the direction she had just come.

21. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Yeah, you tell 'em Leona!

22. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Yeah Leona! You go girl!

23. Ejedir2

May 20, 2000
    I agree with those two!

24. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by SYBELLE:

"Lilith!" Griff spat, turning round to the tall woman standing behind him. "What the Sith are you doing here?" Lilith smiled dangerously.
    "Exactly what you're doing, Rendar. Laying in wait to take advantage of drunken padawans." Krelo glanced at her friend and tried unsuccessfully to suppress her laughter. Griff's face was a picture. Sybelle turned round and glared at Krelo.

"Why are you here, anyway? You're not exactly Miss Popular."
    "Just thought you young ones could do with a little babysitting." Krelo smiled sweetly.
    "Babysitting!" Sybelle spat.
    "Did you come here looking for trouble?" Griff asked icily.
    "You'll be the one in trouble if your precious Jedi masters find you associating with the likes of Griff Rendar." Lilith laughed.

Sybelle glanced at Qui Gon, who was looking suspiciously in their direction. She stood up.

"We're going." She announced. "I have better things to do than stick around here to be insulted by you."

She marched off, followed by Griff.

"See you later, Rendar!" Lilith called.

She knew they would.

25. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Posted by JEMMIAH:

?Intolerable, insufferable, wretched?MAN!? Leona cursed under her breath. ?After all I?ve done!?

It occurred to her as she strode away to find her padawan the black caff she so desperately seemed to need, that Qui-Gon had not asked for any special attentions or advances. And yet the fact that she had gone to so much trouble just to have it thrown in her face?

Unusually for her, she felt her blood boiling.

Perhaps Jemmiah was correct, she thought miserably. Maybe Qui-Gon really is tyrannical in the way he controls his padawan. Disappointed as she felt, Leona came to a startling resolve, one that she would never have thought herself making at any cost prior to her little spat with Master Jinn.

She would help the hapless couple to have a little fun.

Serve Qui-Gon right!

Sal-Fina watched as the petite healer strode past her. The chance to make some kind of remark was just too good to pass up. She waited until Leona had gone a few strides past but still easily in earshot, and said:

?What DOES she think she looks like??

The sound of a giggling padawan followed the statement.

Leona stopped in her tracks.

Is she really talking about me, she wondered? Slowly, Leona turned round to face her opponent. She was quite frightened by the powerful, dark emotions that this person awakened in her. The temptation to give in and poor that big bucket of ice over her head was almost overwhelming.

But she couldn?t.

?Sweetheart, don?t you think that dress is just a little too much?? Sal-Fina replied in her clipped, overly polite voice.

Could she?

?For a few measly drinks in a cantina or two? And those shoulder pads went out of fashion decades ago.?

It really was tempting.

?And as for the hair, well, far be it for me to insult a fellow Jedi but honey, that look went out when Master Yoda was in his crib!?

I?m going to do it, thought Leona.

?I?m just telling you for your own good, sweetie.? Sal-Fina looked down her long, thin nose and studied her as if she were an insect in the bath.

I will, you know.

?It?s not as if there?s anyone worth impressing round here.? Sal-Fina followed Leona?s anguished gaze until it rested upon Master Jinn?s tall frame, as he stood speaking to An-Paj.

?You don?t?you don?t mean to say it?s QUI-GON! Please tell me you are joking!? Sal-Fina?s face registered both amusement and annoyance at once. Was she jealous, wondered the distracted Leona? Did she care?

Yes, she did.

?Oh, you poor child! Give up on that fantasy right now! Qui-Gon?s the most selfish individual it has ever been my dubious privilege to come across. He cares about nobody except himself.?
    ?That?s not true.? Leona piped up. ?What about his padawan??

Sal-Fina looked surprised that she?d been answered.

?What, the Kenobi boy? Don?t you remember how Jinn treated him when they first became master and padawan? He had such a chip on his shoulder about Xanatos that he nearly pushed the kid away.?
    ?Xanatos?? Leona said doubtfully.
    ?There?s a lot you don?t know about Qui-Gon. He only brought that Corellian urchin back to flatter his own ego. Don?t think he gives an Ankula?s backside about her. She?s a nuisance to him. Especially since she hooked up with that boy of his.?

Leona didn?t want to hear any of this, incase it had the mark of truth to it.

?As far as I can see, the boy?s not very promising as knight material. If he chooses to hang around with a worthless tramp like that, good luck to him. They?re probably meant for each other.?
    ?Kenobi is a very bright young man.? Leona bristled. ?And Qui-Gon DOES care what happens to Jemmiah. She?s had a bad start in life and Qui-Gon?s helped turn things around for her??
    ?You go ahead and think that, if it makes you feel happy.? Sal-Fina waved her hand dismissively. ?Garbage attracts garbage, if you see what I mean.? She looked up and down at Leona.

Leona thought she was referring to Jemmiah and Obi-Wan at first, but then she caught

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.