main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A night to (almost) remember...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Apr 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Aww, now I definitely feel sorry for Obi! Rela, that was a bit sneaky!

But the bit with the bottle hitting Leona...

Ha, ha, ha!!!!!!

Oh, congrats on reaching 1600!!!!

2. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    That's evil. I love it!

*grins*

3. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    *speechless*

4. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Poor Leona. Or is that poor Obi, with Leona on his case? ;)

Keep up the excellent work, guys. Onwards and upwards!

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'd be more able to concentrate on writing praise if my face didn't hurt so much from having a grin on it that goes past both ears and meets in the back!

6. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Obi needs to work on his aim! *snicker*

I love waking up to posts like these! TEE-HEE!!!

7. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    ::laughs hysterically:: ::runs to the 'freasher::

Great! I love it! That is one image that will undoubtedly remain in my head for a long time.

Congrats to Jemmy for accomplishing the immpossible. (removing Obi's sock)

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Sneaky Rela finally has a plan backfire on her...sorta...but Obi DID deserve it.

And heavens defend Obi when Leona delivers her revenge!

Excellent post!!

9. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Hasty edit: I am half asleep and nearly omitted to say that this is another co-written post with Mouse, who has boosted my flagging spirits with a constant and very welcome supply of Ewan McGregor pictures!

"What are you two giggling about?" Evla asked, glancing up from the holofilm she was watching.
    "Nothing." Jemmiah replied too quickly. "Absolutely nothing."
    "Hmmm." Evla turned her face back to the film but kept one ear trained at all times on the two young ladies as they lay stretched out on the floor surrounded by flimsypics all heaped about them. Every now and then the sound of a pair of utility jack scissors could be heard trimming away at the pics, interspersed with more giggling.

"How about this one?" Jemmy grinned. "You think he's good?"

Rela shuffled round on her knees to get a better look.

"Naaaaaaaaah!" she dismissed the selection with a wave of her hand. "There are far better ones in here. Like?" she ferreted around with her hands amidst the flimsy mountain, "?this one!"
    "Lyfar Darrington." Jemmy tutted.
    "Nothing wrong with ol' Lyf. He's a bit of a looker, if you ask me."
    "Nice body." Jemmy agreed. "If we took his torso and then?" she placed a picture of some other male over Lyfar's head, "and this one's face then we might have something half decent."
    "What about we take this pic of Rex Victory's body and put on this pic of?.Master Windu!" Rela laughed. "Or Obi-Wan! Poor old Scrub Brush! We never did get any pics of him and the girls?what if we make one up and hang it in the refectory."
    "I've got an even better idea!" Jemmy laughed. "How about we do a slide show of all our favorite Jedi from the cantina crawl?"

Rela's eyes lit up.

"Hey, yeah! That would work. But where've you hidden the holochip? C'mon Jem. We're friends, aren't we?"
    "Not saying."
    "Jemmy?look. I like you. You're almost like my sister, practically. So," she clapped a hand onto Jemmiah's shoulders, "how about you let me have a copy of the chip, huh? For your bestest friend?"
    "You help me set this up and I'll think about it." Jemmy replied cautiously.
    "Deal." Grinned Rela, looking back at the pics. "So where is the chip?"

"The real one is buried in the gardens at a location known only to myself." Jemmy smiled. "As for the copy?"

Her hands went to the locket round her neck, sliding the chain over her head until she held the necklace in her hands. Gently she undid the catch. In one half there was a picture of herself. In the other a picture of Obi-Wan.

"Urgh!" Rela grinned. "Soppy doesn't go far enough."
    "Ben bought me this locket." She replied. "And it's extremely ugly and old fashioned and I absolutely hate it. But I also love it because it was the thought that counts. Not to mention the fact that it's perfect for hiding tiny holochips in."

Sure enough, Jemmy opened up the back?

And out fell the chip.

"How much juicy stuff can we get from this?" she asked Rela.
    "I don't know," Rela smiled, "but I'm gonna be dreaming about it all night!"

NEXT DAY:

He was in that dammed wheelchair again. The constant eeeeek! was almost annoying enough to take him mind off the pain in his back. Almost. The only good thing about it was the fact that Leona was pushing him this time, and she wasn?t whistling.

?Almost there.? She told him cheerfully.
    ?Couldn?t you just have brought me something down?? Qui-Gon asked.
    ?You of all people wanting to STAY at the Healers? The only thing that could surprise me more was if it was your padawan who had said that.?

They reached the refectory way too soon for Qui-Gon?s taste. At least the eeeking would stop once they got there. Leona slowly wheeled him inside, too slowly for Qui-Gon?s taste. He felt that everyone was watching him. Watching him and grinning. Then he saw it.

?What in the lower pits of Hell?!? he yelled.

Hanging in the middle of the room was a large, blown up holo of him. Him lying on his stomach surrounded by scantily clad girls. Two of which seemed awfully familiar.

?So that?s how you threw yo

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    HOORAY! You did it! I knew those Ewan pics would come in handy!

I can't get the picture of Simeon wheeling Qui-Gon around the temple tearing down holo's! That just goes to show you, DO NOT mess with Jemmy and Rela!

At least Obi got his pic in the end! :)

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You paint the most amazing scenes Jemmy.

Qui-Gon being wheeled by Simeon down the halls, tearing pictures off the walls was hysterical.

And for once dear Obi gets a good night's sleep. I hope he enjoys it, he's going to need it.

12. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    BAU-HA-HA-HA- *~thunk*

^
    |
    |
    (laughing so hard she falls out of her chair)

The Danger Duo strike again!

"Nice...in a non-existant sort of way."
    Ah, and Simeon once again steals the show - I can't help but love that guy!

Jem, need any more Ewan pics? I'd be happy to help add to your collection!

:D

13. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    That's so bad!! I like!!! Poor Qui looked set to have a heart attack!

Imzadi

14. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Kylenn & Mouse: I'm quite happy to find a home for all those Ewan pics! Thanks!

15. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    You know, Garos is probably bemused to see all that lovely blackmail material just hanging around for anyone to take.Wonder what Kryztan will do when he sees the one of Qui-Gon kissing Jemmy? ;-)

You're still right on track for the best story of the year, people. Love it. Keep going!

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    OK. This is for Leona, Mouse & Everyone who suggested this little scenario.

"Sir!"

Han Solo spun round at the words, never able to get used to being addressed at anything other than 'Solo'. Or 'Slick'.

Or in Leia's case 'darling'?

Everywhere Han looked buildings seemed to be springing up from amidst the demolition work that had been done on some of the older buildings. Solo wasn't a sentimentalist but he liked old buildings. Places that had been lived in and had some history to them. That was why he loved the Falcon so much?but all he could see were repulsar cranes loading heavy slabs and bricks, churning out more soulless buildings. It rather typified Coruscant to him.

The only reason Leia had roped him into making this public appearance was that she couldn't find anyone else to do it.

"Can we have a quote General Solo?" one of the hacks had asked.
    "You can have several, but they might be unprintable." He'd grinned lopsidedly.

He eyed the man who had hailed him with the customary distrust and wariness inbred in every Corellian. It never did to let your guard down too much, even on a relatively safe place like Coruscant. Come to think of it, Coruscant wasn't really all that safe either?

"Yeah?" Solo slid the tips of his fingers into his pockets and squared up to the young man. "Who's looking for me?"
    "Erm?" the fair-haired youngster stammered, for a moment totally in awe of the fact he had come face to face with one of his idols. "I have a message from Mr Antilles."

Han felt surprise. Even though he couldn't get used to the idea of being addressed as Sir or General or whatever he happened to be at the time it took a whole load of mental adjustment to hear Wedge being described as Mister Antilles.

"Well, what does he want?" Solo asked in a world-weary voice. "If he's looking for the money he won off me in that Sabacc game he's gonna have to wait. Not that the cheatin' mongrel deserves it."
    "No sir, it wasn't anything to do with Sabacc." The man smiled earnestly, making Han want to hit him with a permacrete brick. "It's just that he knew you were visiting the reconstruction work going on in the area and he thought you might be able to do him a favor."
    "What kind of favor. Tell him I'm skinned, he cleaned me out two nights ago."

For which Leia had extracted her revenge by making him sleep on the couch, much to the astonishment of his young children.

"No, sir. I think you haven't quite understood what I'm trying to say."
    "What are you trying to say?" Han was enjoying confusing the young man, who for a moment looked as if he had forgotten what the message was.
    "Er?oh, yes. Could you go see him when you have a moment, sir? He said he'd found something that might be of interest to Commander Skywalker and seeing as how he knew you would be meeting with him this evening would it be possible for you?"
    "How did he know? I never said anything?" Han's jaw clenched firmly.
    "I don't know, sir."
    "You're very helpful, aren't you?"
    "He's Corellian, sir. They have a habit of finding out information that nobody else wants?you?too." The voice trailed off as the youngster realized his mistake.

"You ever thought of joining the diplomatic corps?" Solo sneered.

"What do you think of the regeneration project sir?" another of the journalists called out.

Han looked about him uncomfortably.

"It's, er?very nice." He offered.
    "Nice, sir? I'm not sure that's perhaps the correct terminology to use on an occasion like this." The fair-haired teen offered.
    "You sound just like my wife's favorite droid." Solo complained, frying the young man with a very Corellian glare. "Oh, let's get out of here before they start asking me if I like the pattern of the brick work."

He backed away, hands raised in submission.

"Sorry ladies, gents. Gotta go. Somethin' really important has just come up."

He grabbed the young man by the shoulders.

"Which cantina has Antilles hidden himself in?" he whispered crookedly.
    "The Hell's Chance, sir."
    "Where's that?"
    "Well?"
    "Oh, neverm

17. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    A most excellent ending to a most excellent story Jemmiah!! I can hardly wait for TLST to begin...but you DO need to take a bit of a rest before beginning another monumental task.

I found it HUGELY interesting that Mouse had a hand in some of the ideas set forth in that last magnificent post.

*searches around for a big stick...a REALLY big stick*

"Yooohooo...Mouseypoo..."

*searches around for some bits of cheese and attaches it to the end of the aforementioned REALLY big stick*

"Mouseypoo..." *whistle, whistle, whistle*

"We're gonna have a nice LOOOOOONGGG talk around the dinner table Friday night, aren't we?"

Sorry Jemmiah, I went off on another tangent there, my bad.

Many congrats to you Jemmy, on completing one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read. :) :) :)

18. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I don't know whether to laugh or be sad.
    I'm leaning to the sad part, but thats because every time I see something that mentions how the Jedi were all wiped out...well its just sad, and then it gets me started on what's going to happen to my characters eventaully, and thats sad.*Sigh

ANYWAY, That was wonderful Jemmiah! Hilarious story, and a good ending!

19. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*sniff* It can't be over! *sniff*

Thanks so much you guys for writing this!

That ending was really good!! *sniff* I better go, before I get... get... e-emo... tion...al.

*WAIL!*

20. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Jemmiah, what a beautiful ending! Echoing JediKnight-Obi-Wan's thoughts, I'm sitting here *literally* in tears of sadness after reading that last post. I can't think of a more touching tribute than seeing Luke trying to trace the same route Ben took all those years before...and hearing the laughter...

*Starts crying again*

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can't believe it's really over.

All those many, many nights of waiting for your latest posts...of being inspired with an idea to join in...of laughing hysterically or being blown away by the incredible writing of your's and the other wonderful authors... all done.

Can't help but cry here...a perfect ending to a perfect story.

Thank you, Mouse, Lilith, Krelo, Wampy, Kleynn, Sybelle, Daphne and most especially Jemmiah (I hope I haven't forgotten anyone) for hours of thoroughly amazing and entertaining reading.

I've just got to have this story on paper.

22. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Now you guys (Jedi Kylenn and HL) are making me cry again!

23. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Others have already written this, but more eloquently than I can: this was a truly wonderful story. Hysterically funny, thoughtful and poignent. I'm sad to see it end, but everything must end somewhere and the last part was a fitting salute to a real classic.

My admiration and thanks to the authors. I look forward to future efforts, and am having a great time hunting down your previous ones. :)

24. LadyJedith

LadyJedith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Well it's my turn to thank the authors!
    Thank you for posting here and keeping old dog alive... rrrr, I mean keeping my spirit high, heh-heh. It WAS incredibly funny and hilarious.
    And my very best reagards to the honorable topic starter. Jemmiah, I love you. You know it. Don't you? ;-)

25. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    And so it ends with a bang!

The Curse of the Jedi Holochip! And the part where Han slips and falls on an aniseed ball. No! I just can't stop laughing. I'm not crying, even though I'm sorry this is over. Because as long as Jemmiah is alive, there's always hope for more humour somewhere else!

Keep going, Jemmiah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.