main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A night to (almost) remember...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Apr 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juwanna_gauntlet_ban

juwanna_gauntlet_ban Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2000
    Wow! This was quite a night to remember! Thanks to all the authors, especially Jemmiah, for all of their hard work and hilarious posts!

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I have never had so much fun as when I was helping the great Jemmiah on her posts! I have lost count of the numerous hours that I have sat in front of my computer laughing, crying, spewing something, and clicking refresh just because of this story.

Thank you so much for letting me be apart of this. I have made so many friends because of our love of this story. A huge thank you to Jemmiah for posting on this EVERY NIGHT! You had your Muse working overtime. Now take a break and lets begin TLST!

BTW, Gryph. BRING IT ON!!!!! :p

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Jemmiah drums her fingers idly on the computer desk before her.

..."I'm bored!"

Who's for a repost? Want to be able to see the whole thing unchopped and unmangled? You see, I'm at a loose end and this sabatical business is doing my head in. Yes, I know I've got CCA to finish. I'm thinking about that right now. But there's not much effort in reposting, even something as long as this.

Who's up for it guys?

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Go for it girlfriend!

I'll be rereading!

5. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Absolutely!

I have the unmangled pre-Snowboard version saved on my 'puter (as does everybody else, eh? *grins*) If you find you're missing a piece, let me know.

Btw, did you get those Ewan pics OK?

;)

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Quote Jemmy, "I'm bored."

Why am I not a bit surprised. All that talent just waiting to burst. LOL

A repost would be in quite good order. Yesterday while glancing through the pages to remember who'd all posted on this I found myself rereading it then..took me 45 minutes to hit the post button.

I'd love to have an unmangled copy, I wasn't as quick as others to think ahead.

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    That was a perfect ending, Jemmiah!! I loved it. :) And if you want to repost, you can, but I ought to have the majority of it up at my website in the next week or so. :)

8. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I think I will repost, but whilst we're on the subject I would encourage everyone to visit Lilith's website. It's pretty gosh-darned good.

Care to post the link on the repost site when it's up and running Lilith?

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was just there this morning. I agree...awesome website. And her stories... wonderful.

10. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Well, I?ve been putting this off. I haven?t really a clue what to say. I?ll start with the last post, and maybe I?ll hopefully work myself up to some sort of answer.

The last post (should there be someone playing a bugle?) just crowned the whole thing off. Han was inspired writing, and the fact that everyone who?d touched the chip had an accident the same as somebody on the crawl was a wonderful touch. But my favourite bit was Luke?s realisation that they were very much real people, with the same emotions and feelings as everyone else. And Ben laughing at him? Yes, I could see him having a good chortle with the others!

Overall, this story is... well, words fail me. I think I can only give a huge thank you (which feels so inadequate after all the entertainment I?ve had) to all the authors who?ve written on this. Thank you a million times over for the laughter, joy and tears of happiness that have frequently rolled down my face. This is one of the best things I?ve read. Ever.

As others have said before, we?ve all made good friends reading, commenting and getting involved with this story. To me, friendship is a precious thing indeed. I?ll miss reading everyone?s comments and the banter between people as well. But there?s one more thing I have to say;

Sis, I know how hard you?ve worked on this and how much effort and love you put into each post. You?ve posted EVERY DAY, which considering the size of the thing is a monumental feat. Even on the days when you were wailing you didn?t know what to post, we?d talk the possibilities through and you?d find one idea to inspire a masterpiece. Your characters came alive and entertained us. Each post got better and better; how you managed to maintain that level of writing, I don?t know...

But I?m eternally thankful you did. And I can?t thank you enough for this story, and the wonderful world of your characters. Also, for letting me play in your world. It?s a joy and a privilege to be a part of it.

I know how much you?ll be missing this story, which is one of the reasons you?re reposting. I?ll be hanging onto every word of the repost, and telling everyone who?ll listen to read it.

Better stop now, I?m getting all emotional.

So, I?ll see everyone again at the repost AND on ?The Lion Sleeps Tonight? when it appears.

11. Rabe'

Rabe' Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Congratulations on a masterpiece well done!! A perfect ending to a perfect story!! I will certainly stick around for the repost.

I was just upping this one last time. It's been a wonderful six months, and it hurts to let this one dissappear into the "wastelands" (the 70 something page) of the JC.

Again, a big THANK YOU to all who contributed to this wonderful story. I will certainly miss it. I will always have the food and drink stains on my moniter to remind me of this story. Anyone up for some Hooch??

12. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    As soon as I get a decent amount up and running properly, I'll post a direct link for everyone.

13. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    This really is one of the best I've read here, and I'm glad there will be someplace to read the whole thing again.

Thank you all for for the very talented and enjoyable reading.

14. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    I've been away for awhile and I come back to the end. Noooooo!

I have to say, Jemmiah and Co, ya'll did a great job. The end was a nice touch. Every time someone would mention the holochip, all I could think of was Luke getting his hands on it! ;) I think he really needs to understand the Jedi are people too!

Thanks again for the super story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.