main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A non-SW RP forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Sam_Skywalker, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I was wondering if there could be a new non-SW Roleplaying forum made. In my "Riders of Rohan' thread, a lot of RP was going on, and I decided to make a rule banning it, mainly because i intended that thread as a social thread, and not a RP thread. And I think we are having problems getting a LOTR roleplay thread up in the current forun, so is there a possibility of a non-SW RP forum being made?

Question answered and resolved.

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    There's really no need to add another forum for something not related to Star Wars. There are plenty of LOTR RP sites out there where you can do your thing.

3. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    ::Swifty rides down Kate and lops her head from her shoulders and places it on a pike::

I agree with Kate.

4. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Just go ahead and RP in your current thread, it's not against JCC rules.

5. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    I don't see any need for it, because there are plenty of non-Star Wars RP games in the RP forum. But you must get it approved by Protege-of-Thrawn before starting it.

6. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    //Rolls 6D6.

Oh great. I have to spend another 6 hours camping before I get enough Stamina to engage in a 4D+4 Male Warrior Bonding Session (-3 Defense against positive female characters.)

UKS

7. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    when the RP forum first started, there was a discussion as the whether or not to have a general RP or mainly star wars RP. it was decided that since this is primarily a star wars site, that a general RP forum would be distracting.

if you want, you can always start an EZboard or something for RPing non-SW things. that way you can be your own mod! but this isn't the place for it.

8. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    when the RP forum first started, there was a discussion as the whether or not to have a general RP or mainly star wars RP. it was decided that since this is primarily a star wars site, that a general RP forum would be distracting.

Yeah, there was a group of us trying to get an LotR thread in there then. They decided on keeping it SW. You can of course, just do it in your other thread.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    An Ezboard might be your best bet. ;)

10. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Or perhaps you can try PMing the forum mod (yes, that's me! :)) and we can discuss the rules and methodology of setting up your RPG in the Role Playing Forum.

As an aside, I'm afraid your example is slightly askew UKS. As I'm sure you are aware, Forum rules regarding homoerotic inneundo prohibit members of the RPF and to be sure, all forums, from posting such a suggestive piece of prose as your example.

Furthermore, we do not use those funky dice thingy's, primarily because I have no idea what they all mean. :)

If anyone is concerned with or has further questions regarding the RPF or RPGs therein (non-SW or otherwise) please PM me.

11. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    thanx PoT. that settles it. i'll get a mod to close this thread. Thanx all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.