main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Normal Day

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by RKMeibalane, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    During each of the films, we see the characters participate in important events. We see them face adversity and hardship, and we also see them grow as a result of these experiences. However, our knowledge of their lives is limited only to the days when something important happens to them.

With that in mind, I pose following question: what do you suppose a normal day is like for Star Wars characters?

The following is my view on the subject:

Palpatine: The Emperor was the most powerful user of the Dark Side of the Force. It would surprise me to learn that his time was spent studying various ways of increasing his power to even greater levels. As the leader of the Empire, he also spent time meeting with advisors and aides, such as Rollo Mon or Sate Pestage (EU alert).

Palpatine was also responsible for the training of Mara Jade (also EU) and the Royal Guard, and holding the reigns of Darth Vader. The third item took up a great deal of his time, for sure.

Darth Vader: Even when he wasn't searching for his son or attempting to crush the Rebellion, Vader's life was still an active one. It is reasonable to assume that he spent the majority of his time supervising the Imperial fleet or meeting with Palpatine at the Imperial Palace.

During his time as Palpatine's apprentice, Vader was not the sort of man who had friends or social aquaintances. He was a loner. Therefore, one would guess that he spent his free-time attempting to heal himself or honing his lightsaber skills.

Luke Skywalker: Unlike his father, Luke did have friends with whom he spent the bulk of his time, even when they weren't undertaking missions for the Rebel Alliance. It would not be far-fetched to say that Luke probably spent a great deal of time talking to Leia or goofing around on the Falcon with Han and Chewie. Before training with Yoda, Luke probably was not able to do much to improve his Jedi skills, so it is questionable whether he spent a lot of time training.

Han Solo: Han did not become a full-fledged member of the Alliance until Return of the Jedi. Before that, he split his time between fighting for the Rebellion and attempting to pay off Jabba the Hutt. One wonders what types of adventures Han and Chewie had as they traveled accross the galaxy.

Leia Organa: Leia was a high-ranking member of the Alliance, so it is reasonable to assume that she attended various meetings and briefings in preparation for missions or other important endeavors that were vital to the survival of the Rebellion. Beyond that, she probably spent most of her free-time with Luke, Han, and Chewie.

C-3PO and R2D2: Given that these two were nearly always together, I have decided to evaluate them as such, rather than as individuals. Each was asked to perform various tasks for the Rebel Alliance, but that aside, they probably spent their time arguing and bickering, all the while remaining the best of friends.

Yoda: Because he was exiled as a result of the Jedi Purge, Yoda spent his time on Dagobah, waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Other than that, the wizened old Jedi Master probably meditated, attempting to learn from the mistakes that resulted in the fall of the Jedi Order, as well as what the future held for a galaxy that was trapped in Palpatine's grip.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Like Yoda, Obi-Wan was exiled as a result of the Empire's emergence. And so, he waited on Tatooine, hoping that Luke would one day be ready to fulfill his destiny and begin his Jedi training.

2. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I agree on that. I also wonder if Yoda had a journal or a diary to write in.

3. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    I also wonder if Yoda had a journal or a diary to write in.

it'd be funny if some1 found it.. just the expression on their face trying to read backwards sentences would make me laugh

4. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Yoda's diary would be rather dull, I would imagine:

*Awoke, I did.
    *Breakfast, I ate. Tastier than usual, worms were.
    *Morning walk, I took, through swamps, again.
    *Visit Dooku's grave, I did. Dark side blocks light side still: Yoda safe yet another day. Day may proceed.
    *Luke Skywalker I watch, long time.
    *Practice aerial acrobatics. Skill waning. Old I am.
    *Eat. Yoda must eat.
    *Clean home. Too slimy. Too muddy.
    *Sleep. Must sleep. Sleep good. As usual, dream of Emperor. Kick my ass, he did. Underestimate his powers, I did. Wait for whiny son of Skywalker, I must. Reveal ourselves to the Sith, at last we will. Have revenge, at last we shall. Steal quotes, I do. Make backwards, I do.

5. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    LMAO!!

I would also assume Yoda ate quite a bit of gimer sticks, too. :)

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    "Nibbled gimmer stick, I did."

Good stuff, PalpatineAntikristos ;)

7. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Funny would be, Yoda's diaries!

8. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Thanks guys! Here's another for Yoda's diary:

"Dreamt of old friends long gone. Yaddle in thin robe, I did. See through it, I can. Aaahh! Not fit for diary is the rest. Leave to imagination, I must."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.