main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Normal Man - POST ROTJ - Luke - Jedi Philosophy - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Tequila, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tequila

Darth_Tequila Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    Hello, my first Star Wars fiction, and my first post on here in general.

Title: A Normal Man
    Author(s): Marc R. Luce
    Timeframe: POST ROTJ
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, 2 Other Original
    Genre: Jedi Philosophy
    Keywords: Luke, Luke Skywalker, Coruscant
    Summary: At the dedication ceremony of the New Jedi Temple, Luke begins to reflect on the last 125+ years of his life.
    Notes: Dedicated to Heather, who understands, and not the first to tell me that I could, but the first to insist I should.

** Disclamer - 1 - All Characters, Places and Items previously appearing in any Copyrighted work by Lucas Film Ltd and their partners are Copyright Lucas Film Ltd. No other Copyright is sought or established for any existing or original Characters, Places, Items or Ideas included in this work of fiction. **

** Disclamer - 2 - The author of this work is aware that a substantial amount of ?Extended Universe? material exists covering the period of time prior to and post Return Of The Jedi. It is not the intent of this author to specifically agree with or contradict those existing stories. This is a unique work of fiction intended to be exist upon possibilities set forth in the vast Star Wars universe. **

A Normal Man

By Marc R. Luce

One: Old Stone ? New Beginning

Jedi Knight Liam Tannis could feel the old man smiling behind him. He hardly needed the Force to achieve this, it was the same way anyone could be asleep and suddenly awake from the feeling of watching eyes. He didn?t want to turn around, to acknowledge that his Master was right. Standing on the top of the lower plateau of the New Jedi Temple on Coruscant he stood shoulder to shoulder with over two-dozen fellow Knights, the entire Jedi Council behind him, and most of the New Republic Senate gathered on the street below.

It was one of those Senators, the Honorable Brazzack Bre-Faun of the Rodian home world that was the subject of his Masters? smile. Quite simply, the Senator had been talking longer than anyone could stand, but not quite long enough to warrant a polite interruption. The Senator stood next to a ten-meter square block of stone hovering just above the ground. Held in place by hover-lift platforms the stone was the final piece to finish the New Jedi Temple.

Extolling the virtues of the Jedi, the history of the ground this stone block had been carved from and the commitment of the New Republic Senate to its lofty ideals, Senator Bre-Faun had placed the members of the audience into a trance that would elicit envy from the most skilled Jedi.

It was not the glazed eyes of the audience or the uneasy foot shuffling of the younger children dragged to the ceremony by their parents that was the source of Liam?s Master?s smile. It was the power droids. Hardly changed in hundreds of years of use everyone was now witness to a third set of power droids, a third set, slowly shuffling past the crowd and connecting their short black sturdy bodies to the receptors on the hover-lift platform. Their audible ?gonk ? gonk ? gonk? as they went about their work might as well have been translated into Interlac as ?See ? I told you so.? Liam?s freckled cheeks, light skin that never seemed to tan no matter how many suns he spent his time under finally cracked into a smile as he turned to his rear.

?You were right Master; we should have disabled their sound units. This is bordering on comical.? Liam smiled and confessed to his Master?s amusement.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, aged some 150 years, returned the smile. ?If you can remember to find the humor or light moments in your duties, you will be able to withstand an onslaught of the most savage beasts the galaxy has to offer. Even one of Bre-Fauns speeches perhaps. Perhaps.?

Master Skywalker stood highest on the platform overlooking the ceremony, flanked by his fellow council members. At over 150 years old, and having stopped counting at 150 thank-you-very-much, he was as famous a person as the New Republic had. Being into the thir

2. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    Great stroy!!! I'm sure you put alot of effort in to it. Keep the good work up!(Round of applause by 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 people) But seriously. ASTOUNDING AND AMAZING STORY!

3. HerWorshipfulness

HerWorshipfulness Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2006
    [:D] =D= =D= Absolutely brilliant piece of work! The depth and true Jedi philosophy was implemented perfectly in this adaptation of Lukes future. Kudos and way cool appreciation for someone willing to step out of the box and see the Jedi world differently than the pre-disposed ideas already out there! BTW, can you get any cooler than naming a jedi Liam?[face_dancing] [face_laugh]

4. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow, that's a really long post. (Psst, it's usually good to break things up into several posts on these boards, that way you'll get more people to notice and wait for your story to be updated.) I'll try to read it after my nap. :D

5. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Wow. Just...wow. :eek: That was incredible. So well thought out and unique. *joins in standing ovation* =D= It's great to see a fic that addresses issues usually left by the wayside in such a profound, poignant manner.

For that matter, though, I'm slightly confused--what exactly did Luke mean by "not joining the Force?" Simply that his body remained corporeal, or that he will be forever separated from the Force in death? I hope it's not the latter! [face_worried] That would be such a terrible sacrifice for Luke to never see his loved ones again for all eternity. But since Anakin was there at the end to welcome him, that seemed to be a good sign.

As his eyes closed for the last time, a blue luminescent figure bent down and stroked his gray, thinning hair. ?I?m so very proud of you my son, sleep well. I?ll see you in the morning.?

Under Tatooine?s setting suns, on the only night of his life he was tucked into bed by his father, Luke Skywalker, Hero Of the Rebellion, Founder of the New Jedi Order, quietly, peacefully and simply, died.

Beautiful lines. So moving. @};-

For a first effort, this was superb! :D

6. Darth_Tequila

Darth_Tequila Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2006
    Well, If a Tequila Bottle could blush...[face_blush].....It's just the red from my saber.......really.

Thank you all very much.

I love Star Wars, both for what we've been given by George, and for the unlimited number of stories that GFFA can contain. My SW experience is limited to the movies, several several times, the Clone Wars and the Holiday Special ( MY EYES!!! )

Star Wars, despite all the ships and other devices is a straight forward Fairy Tale. ( I know I'm nowhere near the first to mention this. ) And the people that approach it as such, with high adventure, feats of daring-do, dramatic romance and of winning against impossible odds hit the nail right on the head.

Me, I'm the weird kind who'd rather take the edge of his Lightsaber and pry the nail up. Take a peek and see what it's like from the other side.

Pariah - Yes, thats exactly what he did. Just before slipping into nothing-ness, in that last fleeting moment, his dad tucked him in and was very proud.

DT

7. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    GAH!

That's just evil.

*cries a lot* :_|

(But the fic's still good. ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.