MidWest A Northern Kentucky Fanforce

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedimike421, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hello,

I would like to start this thread as a place for people in Northern Kentucky, Southwestern Indiana, and Cincinnati (there is a Fanforce there already, I was in it). I would like welcome everyone to this thread and here is a response from Sebulba-X as to how we become official, here is as follows: Start a thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10149 and see where it leads. You'll need 3 separate people to want a forum as well. Then someone from FF Global support will start a forum for you. Good luck.

So this is what it takes to become a reality and I hope we become a FanForce though quality, not quantity, through honesty and the realization that as much as we truly dearly love Star Wars, we do have lives and I hope we come together as fans and friends. Good luck and may the force be with us.
  2. TC517 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey jedi mike,
    There is already a southern Indiana fanforce.

Check out the Evansville board [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10324]here[/link]

Feel free to stop by any time. We are working on getting started now. We'd love to have you!
  3. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thanks, my wife is from E-ville, but it's like 4 hours away. Thanks for the invite though.
  4. JediLupan Jedi Youngling

I would be interested in a Northern Kentucky Fanforce and I believe DarkKnightVauhn might also be interested.
  5. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Welcome, you just need to contact Sebulba-X and request that they make a board for N Ky. We can discuss ideas and our first meeting. Or PM if you like.
  6. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I re-read my first post in this and I put in a place for Cincinatti, what I meant was that people from Cincy are of course like all registered members of the board can post here and it sounds like I am starting a Fanforce for Cincinnati as well. That is not the case even though it may look like that.

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10153

The above url is for the Queencity Force, Cincinnati's chapter of Fanforce. Also I am to understand that southwestern Indiana falls into the Southern Indiana Fanforce and they are based out of Evansville Indiana.
  7. Hothsicle Jedi Youngling

Hello, I am from Northern Kentucky and I would like to offer what ever assistance I can in a starting a Northern Kentucky Fanforce.
  8. JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Great to see you Hothsicle!
  9. Theman357 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would very much like to see a Northern Kentucky FanForce.
  10. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    What city would you all be going to for your meetings?
  11. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I would say Florence, Kentucky.

Northern Kentucky is made up of smaller communities that all come together to make Northern Kentucky. So I think we should be considered Northern Kentucky and not Florence, Kentucky. Oh well, I will just shut up. I am rambling.
  12. DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Florence would be a good one, The only others might be Newport, or maybe Covington.

The smaller communities do make choosing one city difficult. I would have to say that florence would be the best bet, that way we can still have members from the bottom of the region, like Richwood and Crittendon.

~Vauhn
  13. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
    do we need a city?
    why not just "Northern Kentucky"

we are a close-knit region, bastards, really, looked down upon by the southerners in Lexinton and Louisville and the Buckeyes in Cincinnati equally.

Although I plan on moving to Orlando in a few months, I will always be a Northern Kentuckian. I only tell people I'm from Cincinnati for simplicity's sake, but I always amend it with "Just across the river in Newport."
    I don't live in Newport, Southgate really, but we have the same zip code.

if we do pick a city, I say Newport. We have a nice theater here and a big red sign that says "NEWPORT" that very nicely thumbs its nose at all the poeple on the other side of the river.

:)
  14. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I was just asking if you had one in mind. I'll start a Northern Kentucky for you all shortly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.