main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX A note about Friday...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    For everyone that didn't attend Saturday's meeting, we are planning to gather on Friday for Harry Potter.

Full details on when, where, how, and why are up on the main DFW site.

www.dfwfanforce.net

2. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i just checked out all the info on that and i would really love to be there at the showing that dfwfanforce is attending but i probably can't cause i'm going to go see it at lowes keystone at 4 due to the fact that my friend has to go out of town very early the next morning....oh well, plus i haven't a ride at all.

3. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, I maybe coming, if I do not have baby sitting problems again, like on Saturday! I need directions from Ft.Worth. I know Dallas pretty well. And If anyone needs a ride from FTW than post and let me know!
    Am I the only one who lives in FTW?
    old-master has spoken?

4. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    It's easy, from Ft. Worth, get to N. Central expressway, the best way you can, and head north to Plano.

Go all the way through Plano till almost the last exit and take Legacy. Head west, (take a left) and then a right after the Roadrunner Gas station. Its right there in front of ya.

More specific? I can get a map from Yahoo...

5. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    If you really want to come, I HIGHLY recommend getting your ticket online at Fandango NOW, or going to the theater ASAP to get your ticket.

I was up there yesterday, and asked how many seats they had left, and there were about 150. And in an auditorium that's easily 3-400 seats, that's not many. I have a feeling that by the time Friday rolls around, it's going to be too late if you don't already have your ticket.

6. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    You got our tickets, right? ;) Just making sure. :D

:cool:

7. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Yes, I have tickets for everyone who gave me money on Saturday.

8. RayParkFan

RayParkFan Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2001
    Better get there an hour early...trust me..I have first hand experince with this..or will Friday when they hit screen at 10am...on 2 screens!! Boy we are gonna be slammed!!

Luckily I watch my movies in the wee hours of the morning.

9. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Melanie,

You may want to call that Loews Theater before you go there to see Harry Potter, if you want to see the new Episode 2 trailer. TF.N has released several reports that the Loews chain has been blacklisted by Lucasfilm and Fox for violating certain restrictions with TPM. Therefore, it seems that NONE of the Loews Theaters are receiving prints of the "Black Eyes" trailer.

Just FYI. I know I'd sure hate it if I went to see Harry Potter (even though I'm really looking foward to the film itself) but didn't get to see the new Star Wars trailer!

10. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the trailer. They're saying now that it's only going to be on one or two prints for theaters that are showing it. Crazy. But there is a bit of a bright side. Supposedly the trailer will be available for download later today on starwars.com. Everyone, not just people with the DVD, will be able to get this one.

As far as when we're going to get there, I will be there starting around 9pm tomorrow evening. I highly recommend everyone else do the same, so we can get good places in line.

11. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Ugh, things are getting even more complicated with this trailer:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13140

Seems that AMC Theaters are putting the new EP2 trailer with "The One" rather than "Harry Potter", at WB's request. The thing of it is... if WB is requesting that theaters do this, then it could affect more than just the AMC Theaters chain.

12. super_hyper_melanie

Oct 24, 2001
    oh well, if i don't get to see the sw trailer it's no big deal even though i will be a little disappointed, but i can find it online and see it....frankly i just want to see the harry potter movie, *high pitched squeak*, i'm so excited...most people would agree that i'm too excited and over reacting, but hey, oh well, i'll just be the exact same way next may too for star wars.

13. dragan

dragan Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    Ed Draganski here....After driving to Legacy to get tickets for Harry Potter, I was told they made a corporate descision not to show the trailer tomorrow. Then I called some other theaters in attempt to reach a human voice. I was given many excuses: Loews said "no trailer", UA said they had no idea/no comment, Another theater even told me it was already running with Monsters, Inc and still one more told me it wouldn't be out for 2 more weeks! I finally called AMC Mesquite. I got a friendly woman who made time to ask the projectionist. She assured me The new Trailer would be running with EVERY print of Harry Potter. So if you like the AMC in Mesquite, you should be able to see both in one sitting.

14. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Brandon, you may have the tickets, but the question remains....

Is it safe?

And no new Ep. II Trailer? Heard on the radio today that it was to be there, plus NINE OTHERS. No exaggeration.

15. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Brandon bought the tickets...I say we hold him responsible if there is no trailer. ;)

We need a scape-goat. :D

:cool:

16. super_hyper_melanie

Oct 24, 2001
    hmmmm....maybe my best friend and i will drag her mother out to mesquite to go see it sometime over the next week. her mom want to see it anyway...we've got the whole week off ...yeh!...bless GISD with their FALL BREAK! 9 day weekend for me whoo hooo

17. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    I agree with Jeff. A scapegoat must be found, lest we turn on each other. Unless we have any other volunteers, Brandon is our Harry Potter scapegoat. IHMO Brandon should be hunted down, drawn and quartered, and his carcass should be dragged throughout Plano(or Richardson whichever is closest). That or be the victim of an Atomic Wedgie.

18. super_hyper_melanie

Oct 24, 2001
    i think this is the point in which i for some reason feel kinda sorry for brandon.

19. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Run Brandon!! Run!!

20. super_hyper_melanie

Oct 24, 2001
    lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao .....although i still have that weird feeling in the back of my mind that says i should feel sorry for brandon

21. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Oh, don't feel bad for me. Feel bad for these poor, misguided souls that are spelling their own doom. ;)

22. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey folks, I didn't make up the rules of scapegoatness, I'm just following them. I don't want you all to think I some sort of evil and twisted person. Heck I feel sorry for Brandon too. I'm sure I'll feel a small twinge of sadness when I'm hauling his lifeless corpse behind his own car in Plano or Richardson(whichever is closest), but what's a person to do?

Oh and Brandon I'll see you in Plano [face_devil]

23. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Little pimple, I will see you there, and make sure you bring a long, wooden box for yourself. >:)

24. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    This just in from DarkHorizons:

Star Wars: Episode II (Scoop #2): Regal has a limited showing of it, AMC isn't putting it up, now it seems General Cinemas won't put the trailer above with "Harry Potter" either according to 'JMD': "I work for General Cinemas, and I can tell you that we received several prints of the final Episode II trailer two days ago, and we were told (by corporate headquarters) to NOT PLACE THE TRAILER with "Harry Potter". Right now, the copies are all sitting in our vault. General Cinema has posted a notice on their box office windows saying that they "hope to show it in about a month." My boss seems to think he'll be told to attach it to LOTR. The reason for holding the trailer was not given, but we believe it was to minimize pandaemonium around "Harry Potter"". Indeed, the explanation seems to lie in a recent e-mail from AMC: "Thank you for contacting AMC Theatres. The decision was made by Warner Brother not to cross promote "Episode 2" trailer with "Harry Potter". It will be a trailer however for "The One". I can understand your concern and apologize for the confusion. We appreciate your interest in AMC".

25. super_hyper_melanie

Oct 24, 2001
    i've got trailer showing confirmation..... my best friend went to see harry potter again yesterday at UA Northstar 8 and said that they showed the star wars trailer ahead of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.