A note of THANKS!

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by echosevin, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my first meeting with Dr. Haggis and Veritate (thanks to Sith-at-heart for the introduction). I met them after the Charlie Ross One Man Lord of the Rings show and it's a meeting that changed my life - for the much, MUCH better :) and pole-vaulted me happily into the world of fandom.

This past year has been absolutely AMAZING!! I've had a fantastic time meeting so many wonderful people in the FF, and making so many great new friends. Sith-at-heart, Dr. Haggis, Vertitate, PreludeRM, Magpie Jen, Mr. Smith, Dooks, Lexial, Old Republic, Twisted_and_Evil, Darth Paul, WhisperJedi, Darth Dave, Melissa, Yango, Jordan, BFett333 and other members of the 501st, members of the Edmonton FF and everyone else - we've had so much FUN over the past year! THANK YOU all so much for making the past year so memorable. It has been a truly rewarding experience. I'm only sad I didn't meet all of you sooner!!

Looking forward to the years to come [face_peace] :D =D=
  2. BH-7113 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yrol...You just brought a tear to Yango's eye.:_|

I meet some of the FF Calgary for the first time at the free comic day last year (I was wearing my Jango). It has been great times.

More to come.[face_dancing]

Next weekend in Edmonton is going to be a blast!!!

Luba tolded me get a hobby..(What the hell did I get myself into?!?)

Laterz
  3. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    :cool: It has been over a year for me too! It has been an awsome year meeting new people and having fun at events with our Fan force. As well it was amazing to see some of our members great collections of SW and other Sci-fi stuff.

Cheers to another great year![face_good_luck]
  4. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So far its been a great years and lots of new friends. Heres to many more. BTW our 1 year official is coming up on the 21st. Any plans on what we should do????

Ryan
  5. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    what a touching post :) i can't tell you what a diffence joining our fanforce group has made to my life. i've found such a great bunch of friends i can't imagine how dull life would be without them :)
  6. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Kisk a$$ post have to say that the past several months have been awesome meet lots of cool people here's looking towards the future.
  7. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well we haven't quite made it up to the 1 year mark - but I vividly remember the first time I met you Yrol!

It was in the Ep 3 line-up, standing in the cold morning on the stark cement in front of Chinook. Somehow I knew you were echosevin! and I was so happy to meet you!

Big hugs on your fanforce anniversary!

Here's to many more for us all!
    Jen
  8. whisperjedi Jedi Master

star 2
  9. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    This fan force has grown into such a great group. Superfans like Yrol have really kept this group moving. There were times at the beginning were we couldn?t get three people in a room together.

Hopefully we can keep things going and make a big group trip to Celebration IV!
  10. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be so cool! I've said it before - CONVOY!! If we can't fly together, let's drive down together to C4!!

Magpie - yes I remember the first time we met. There are a lot of things about that day that will be burned in my memory forever :D
  11. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    C4 already packed let's go now.
  12. Jordain Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the great post Yrol! I miss you guys sooo much...I promise I will be back. You are all such kind and personable people, and I feel so grateful that I met all of you. Sarah misses her friends! :_|
  13. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    We have become quite the group, haven't we? I would be a much lonelier Jedi were it not for you guys. Sarah, we look forward to your return.
  14. Jodo_Kast_Unleashed Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks Yrol. I haven't said it before but it was your friendliness and permanent smile that made me want to check out the Fanforce. Looking forward to more friendships with this group.

Vode An my sister! You're the best Anakin I've ever seen!
  15. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Jordan - that's very kind of you to say [face_batting]:) I'm glad you took the chance to come check us out - we've certainly benefited from your input and enthusiasm!
  16. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Now if only he would get me a info sheet. Thanks for checking us out, we're all glad you did.

This group has grown far more than what I had expected over the last few months. It just goes to show how diverse people are and from different walks of life but we all have that one common bond. Heres to more years of fun with good friends.

Thanks
  17. Jodo_Kast_Unleashed Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just mailed it.

WHat Items do you own that sets you apart from other SW fans?: Testosterone

Bwa-hahahahahahaha
  18. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Care to re-frame this comment to a not-trying-to-pick-a-fight direction?
  19. Jodo_Kast_Unleashed Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually it's already framed in a "brotherly humour knowing that there are plenty of men-of-manly-men in the fan group" direction. ;)
    "A sense of humour? Can I learn this power?"
    "Not from a Jedi."
    muahahahahahahahah

Sorry fellas, I was in a REALLY funny mood last night when I filled out my form. No offense intended.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread Yrol.)
  20. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry about that. Your post caught me first thing in the morning before I had my jawa juice.[face_coffee]

"Brothers all"
  21. SithatHeart Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do we need to separate the Jedi from the Imps? o_O Maybe it's time for another Truce-Fest? I see that rain is in the forecast...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.