main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A(nother) thought on the Kyp situation

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MaceWinducannotdie, Nov 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    OK, put on your hypothetical situation caps. Now, there are two candidates running for President/Prime Minister/Whatever. Candidate A is just getting whupped in the polls, so he gets some acquaintances to forge some pictures of the other guy doing some very bad things. These pictures find their way to the press, and voila, instant sex/murder/whatever scandal for Candidate B, who not only is handily defeated at the polls, but finds himself in jail shortly thereafter. Now eventually word gets out that B was framed, so President/Prime Minister/Whatever A gets up before national television and says "Alright, you caught me. But I didn't do it for me. I did it because I love this great nation. That lousy so-and-so would've ruined this country..." etc. I would not accept that for one minute, and I ask the people who rally behind Kyp Durron whether they would. If so, why? If not, what makes this situation and the one surrounding Kyp so different?

2. MaceWinducannotdie

Aug 31, 2001
    Wow. I can't even get a Kyp debate started. How sad is that?

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    sorry Mace. I'm just kinda sick of it. Kyp hasn't done anything new and annoying in Sbs that warrants debating. Now Rebirth was a different story ;)

Argh! I have homework to do and I'm still on these evil message boards! Someone come and save me from my computer!!!!

Jae Angel

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yes, unfortunately it seems as if Kyp's character isnt as important as he once may have been. Although, all that could change in Dark Journey...

5. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I hope so, just because I think he adds spice to the NJO with his very presence. Whether you like him or not, he still makes things interesting :D

Jae Angel

PS- SAAAAAAAAAAAVE ME! NEEEEEEEED to do homework!!!

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Sorry, but this seems more like a rehash of what we got from Kyp in Rebirth, only in the form of a political campaign. We've been over those scenes time and again. Not intrested in going over them in a political theme.

7. MaceWinducannotdie

Aug 31, 2001
    I've gotta get SbS. Damn two-hour drive to nearest bookstore...

8. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    So... Kyp is a cheater, like George W.? :confused:

9. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    NarundiJedi, get off the computer and do your homework. Then get back on it so you can keep posting.

10. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    You mean Al Gore, who wanted to throw out the Florida votes that weren't for him?

11. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    No, I mean like Darth Bush, whose minions - um, supporters - suceeded in cancelleling all absentee ballots that arrived past due date that were for his opponent, and managed to have all the ones past due date that were for him illegally ratified in the biigest election scam since the days of a certain Good 'ol Boy president from a long time before I was born.

But I'm not here to argue politics - just talk Star Wars.

And it's okay; everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion. :D

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I dunno, I'm starting to like ol' Dubya. He's good fodder for SNL. But lets not talk politics. I hate politics. I also hate studying the stupid Myers Briggs Personality Inventory because I can't remember everything I have to remember. Oh well, I'll probably remember enough to do decently on my quiz tomorrow, so it's back to the posting! :D

Jae Angel

13. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    No, that was Al Gore and his minions. First let me say that I voted for neither one, but for someone I had never heard of. And that I should have voted for Snoopy with Woodstock as his VP. Second, Gore was the one who pushed for numerous recounts, and who did not want the absente ballots at first because the majority were going to be from the military, which was seemingly heavily Bush. And the first couple of recounts still showed Bush would have beaten Gore in Florida. It was only with the third that it began to appear that things would be close. And not only that, but proof did come that Gore supporters were removing ballots that were not for him so that he would come out on top.

Gore wanted the presidency. When it looked like Clinton was going to be impeached and kicked out from office, he got as far away from him as he could because he knew he'd get it. Then when Clinton stayed in, he was suddenly buddy buddy with him. And it was only late in the campign that he started letting Clinton speak on his behalf, when the polls showed he was trailing. When Clinton did start speaking on his behalf, Gore started doing much better in the polls.

Al Gore could care less about this country. So could Bush, for that matter. But it comes down to which evil was greater.

14. Keyan_Stele

Keyan_Stele Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    If anyone thinks they'll ever actually know what happened it that election....I feel sorry for that someone.
    It'll be like the JFK assassination and get way bigger than it ever was.
    Quite simply Reps. will say Gore cheated and Dems. will say Bush cheated and both candidates would've done exacltly as the other did if their positions were reversed.
    You'll never convince me that either of those men has a heart of gold and a pure white soul. If that election doesn't convince Americans that our system needs a little dusting off at the very least, then I don't know what will.
    So here in SW, I say lay you're politics aside. Leave Dems. vs. Reps. at the door and grab a 'dew or a beer depending on your preference; pull up a chair and talk lightsabers.

15. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Since I'm neither Republican or Democrat (I'm actually anti-politician and did a stupid thing last year, I voted) my saying one or the other cheated doesn't actually put me in their camp. I may agree with one side over the other, yes. But I didn't want either in office. However, I did pay attention to the news, and it was clear who was pushing for recounts to go their way.

16. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Knight... let it go. Just... let it go. I'd argue, but, well, there's really no point. Nobody knows what the freak happened, and we ain't gonna figure it out in the literature forum of a Star Wars site. If I had it my way, we'd all have a government more like the NR, where no one person is in total control... but that just isn't going to happen.

Anyway, if anyone still wants to talk about SW in this thread, let's all get back to that, shall we? :D

17. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    KYP ROCKS!!!!!! :D

There, Star Wars enough for ya?

Jae Angel

18. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    You mean like what we have now, with the three branches of government, executive, legislative, and judical. While their suppose to be able to balance out, seems they don't really. The president can veto or pas a bill congress puts before him, but if congress really wants to pass the bill, they can vote to override the veto. If a certain number votes yes, then the veto doesn't matter. If they vote no, then it's the same as if they didn't try to override the veto. They have to either forget about it or rework it and then try to get it passed.

19. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I don't get it.

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough with the politics!!!!

STAR WARS, People! Lets stay on topic.

Oh, thanks a lot Mace for making the Kyp situation political now! Don't you know you're not supposed to talk politics? :p

Jae Angel

21. MaceWinducannotdie

Aug 31, 2001
    Guess I'm just a troublemaker (one bad mother...)

22. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Shut yo mouth!

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    hehehe :D

You guys crack me up ;)

Jae Angel

24. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
  25. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Okay, do we say he was just talking about Shaft or Mace? I'm a little fuzzy there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.