main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV A Online RPG is here!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Toku_Blint, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toku_Blint

Toku_Blint Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    For a while I have been wanting to do an online RPG, and now I have finally found the time to set everything up. I will welcome everyone who wants to play.

I would like to keep the campaigns small (5 people seems to be what everyone wants), so I will be in need of GM's. If you have GM experience or want to learn and have the rulebook, then send me an email!

The address for the site is:
    http://members.cox.net/swrpg/index.html

Note: This is something I am doing myself and is not associated with the game that Talon is putting together. You can play in both if you so desire (as I have no idea who is playing in Talon's game).

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Is this a serious rpg or more silly? If serious I'm in!

3. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I want in!!!!!!!!!! I need something to keep me busy at work otherwise I might have to start working. and that would be bad.

4. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    i'm so down to play.... count me in

5. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    We're going to do multiple campaigns.

Acthar wants to do a "less than serious" campaign, which is great for those who want a good laugh (he's really funny! I'm sure that we'll see some rather 'unique' things from that...)

I'm going to do a serious campaign, and if anyone else wants to GM anything, we'll add that to the list as well.

For now, everyone who is interested should send me a user name and password so they can begin posting on the board. You can PM me or email me at Krunk79@sabermail.com . I appologize for not allowing you to register yourself, but I don't want any bum searching the net posting on our game board

I'm posting all this information on the site also, but send either myself or Acthar a description of the type of character you'd like to play (depending on which campaign you want to play in) and we'll respond with the specifics for creating your character.

6. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Awesome!!! You guys are going to do a great job. Will there be a way for 'outsiders' or those not playing to read along to follow the story?

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    i went over there this morning, and Toku and I talked about it last night, and yes, you can view the entire series of posts without being registered, you just can't post. This should help keep the game from going off topic too much :). Also, I don't know if you guys want to get a birthday present or not (hint) but I need the revised rulebook (seeing as I still have Talon's copy of the 1st edition rules which i've been using). Just a thought. A big thought. because that would be cool. Really cool.

8. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    If anyone wants to purchase the revised book, it can be found much cheaper than at the bookstore at Amazon.com ($27 instead of the usual $39). However, expect an extremely LONG delivery time. Mine took almost 3 weeks to get here. Ebay might be a better place to look as most people send their stuff out within a day or two.

9. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I made my first post on the RPG board, if you want to join my game head over to it and check the post, or just email me at mkd@emuhelp.com. Mind you, my game is not serious, its a fun, crazy go nuts game. We will be playing by the rules, but it will be more of a spaceballs game than star wars. When you email me, tell me why you want to play my game and what kind of character you want to be. After I get all 4 or 5 entries, the game will begin. i will try to post at least once a day, or i'll do it more, but at least once a day to keep everyone moving.

10. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    Okay, sorry to do this to everyone, but.....

Acthar found a message board with a FAR superior format for our needs. So, we have registered everyone who requested user names/passwords on the new board, but for those of you who who haven't signed up yet but want to, you only need to send us your requested user name and email address (we no longer need a password). You will receive an email with a temporary password that you can change yourself.

Petra and Darkstar, you have received emails with temp passwords that you can change when you log in.

For the rest of you who already signed up, we registered you using our email addresses, so when you log on, you only need to change the email address in your profile.

Zooth's game has enough people to start, so if you haven't already done so, send a description of your character and visit the character creation page: http://members.cox.net/swrpg/char.html

I will be bringing a scanner with my laptop on Saturday night, so if everyone who wants to play (for both mine and Acthar's games)could get their character sheet at least partially finished before then, we can start the game Sunday.

I hope everyone else is as excited as me and Acthar! We're almost ready to start!

11. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    I want to play too! Where exactly do you want us to go? I got confused there for a minute, or it could be a lack of sleep.

12. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Well the forums are here but to post you have to send a name/pass that you would like to toku so he can register you, then you can post :)

13. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    Protoss is correct. If you want to play, just send me the user name you'd like to have and your email address.

I don't know if everyone else has noticed, but the RPG message board likes to use those extremely annoying pop up ads (it's the price for a free board). If you go here: http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3001-2366-7903554.html

you can download a free popup killer that will eliminate this annoyance.

14. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I noticed that the website for this thing is http://members.cox.net/swrpg/index.html why dont we get you on our official site www.twinsunssyndicate.com and post the information there? Talon what do you think?

C

P.S. I want to play as well.

15. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    Talon and I already talked about that... We will probably do that in the future after you set it up so I can do that :)

16. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Its ready to go now so let me know.

C

17. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I will talk to C, and he or I will PM you what you need to know to set up the online stuff at TwinSunsSyndicate.com

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Jaded, You have until 5pm to email me your character sheet or your space is being forfeited to Axia. Just to let you know.

19. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I just asked if I could play. It's not my fault!

20. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    axia said "you should kick Jaded out and let me play." its true, he did.

EDIT: I forgot the word "Kick." Lesson here is verbs are important.

21. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Jaded's been in Cali all weekend..... i would have thought you would know that Acthar...

22. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I do know that, but, I said the sheets were due to me by tuesday of last week, so thats no excuse. Toku also said its just sitting on her desk, so the deadline stands.

23. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Toku, is there any way I'd be able to join this late?

24. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    Okay people, this whole topic is really making me angry. First off, Acthar. You know that Jaded was out of town with me and that she was in the middle of a interviewing for jobs last week. Don't be a jerk about it.

Axia, you have no room to say anything. You were given TWO deadlines. One on Wednesday and one on Friday. When I left on Friday, I STILL had nto receieved anything from you except the sentence "I'm not a twi'lek, I'm a human." So by your own philosophy, your spot should be given to somone else (and I do have other people such has MoronDude who would like to play). Also, you had the opprotunity to play in Acthar's game before it all started and you said you didn't want to.

Now, this is the way it's going to be. I don't want to hear another word about people taking other people's places. If Acthar want's to intruduce you (Axia) into his game, he will. If he wants to set a limit on the number of players in the campaign, you will have to wait until the next one. Nobody is getting kicked out unless they are continuously cheating.

To answer your question MoronDude, yes you can still play, but you'll have to wait for a better time for me to introduce you into the game. In the meantine, let me know what type of character you want to play and we can get you started making a character sheet.

25. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, thanks. Anytime you could work me in would be great. Should I PM you, post details here, or e-mail you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.