main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Pair of Star Crossed Jedi-Round Robin!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by BluJediLapis, Jun 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluJediLapis

BluJediLapis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    So, i was reading this book of Shakespeare poetry, and I thought "What if the Jedi Temple did a production of Romeo and Juliet? and Qui-Gon had to direct?" Well, so that led me here. Anyone can post, as long as you follow these guidelines.

1. Qui-Gon must be the director, and Obi-Wan must be Romeo.
    2. Yoda must be involved in some part of the production.

So...i guess I'll start.

-----
    Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat leisurley in his quarters he shared with Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. The sun was shining through the window, and Air-Taxi's lazily shifted through the Coruscant skies. Quietly, he sipped a cup of tea, and leaned back into the sleep couch, picking up data-cards he had been given on their return from their latest mission. Shifting through them, he found different messages from people, an article Depa Billaba had snipped for him from the "Coruscant Times" and a brightly colored datacard. Cheap material too. Had to be from the Temple, he thought wryly.
    Clicking the indcator button, he glanced at the bright holo.
    <i> Master's! </i> it read, and Qui-Gon rolled his eyes, but continued to read. <i> The Jedi Temple is proud to present the production of Jomeo and Ruliet! By Jedi Master Willus Shakespeare (Author note: he had to have been a Jedi!) The timeless story of young love, and tragedy. Open auditions in one week! Encourage your elder Padawan's to audition or join crew! (Age's 15-18 only, please)</i> Qui-Gon shook his head, and sipped his tea, but choked when he read the next part <i> Directed by Jedi Master Mace Windu </i> Smiling, he placed the datacard down, and began to look out the window.
    The quiet was broken, when his 17 year old Apprentice ambled in, smiling.
    "Where have you been, Padawan?" he asked lightly.
    Obi-Wan shrugged, "Bant and I went down to the Jedi Library, to pick up a copy of Jomeo and Ruliet...were going to audition!" Qui-Gon smiled at the irony, but kept his eyes focused on the article Master Billaba had cut for him.
    "Very good, Padawan." Obi-Wan began to amble into the kitchen, before poking his head around the wall.
    "Oh, Master? Master Windu and Master Yoda have asked you to come to the Council chambers. Something important they said." Qui-Gon looked over the edge of the datacard, a bad feeling beginning to dwell in the pit of his stomach.
    "Very well, i will meet them there. I shall return soon Padawan." But Obi-Wan was only furrowed in thought, reading the datacard of the "tragic love story."

-----

Someone else continue please? Please?

Lapis
    "I take my desires for reality, for i believe in the reality of my desires."

2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Teehee...well I have no time to write, but I'll definitely be reading! You should put "Obi-Torture" in the title, since that attracts all kinds of people ;)

aa :)

3. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Hmmm....not a bad idea!
    Post someone, dang it!

Lapis
    "All you need is Looooove!"

4. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Uppage...and if no one's gonna post, well then I will!

BluJediLapis
    "Carpe Lumen"

5. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    I will post. but I don't have enough ideas yet. so you post another part and I may post the one after that. :)

6. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Say, Cherly Kenobi, could you tell me what all your signature means?

(p.s. I will post later.)

7. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    I hate everyone!!!!

No, really i dont...but that got your attention, didn't it! mwahaha...no, just this guy who told me that he loved me, but he doesn't...anyway...getting on with the story

I will post! Right....now!

------------------------

Qui-Gon entered the Jedi Council chambers, he expected to be greeted by the other ten members. Other than Mace and Yoda.
    But that was all who was there.
    He nodded his head in respect, and stood in front of the highest members, feeling a tad more uneasy than he had when he had left his quarters. Yoda was gnawing on his gimer stick, looking a tad nervous, and Mace Windu sat tall, but his eyes focused on everything but Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon took a deep breath, "You asked for me, Master's?"
    Yoda looked up at him. "Yes...matter of importance this is."
    Qui-Gon waited for more, as the diminuitve Master continued.
    "Know you do...of the play going on in the Jedi Temple?"
    Qui-Gon nodded, "Yes Master. Obi-Wan is auditioning for it." He heard a slight snort of laughter from Mace, before it disappeared.
    "Know you do...involved many Master's and Knights are, in the production..." Qui-Gon gave him a quizzical look. Yoda continued slowly..."Mistress Gallia and Master Azal is in charge of set construction...Mistress Yaddle of Costumes, Knight Tahl of Sound, and many other's."
    Qui-Gon smiled wryly, "And Mace of course...director? By the way, I loved the production of "Our Cantina" last year." Mace gave him a dirty look, but Yoda shifted slightly in his seat.
    "Talk about that with you, we must." Qui-Gon felt impending dread grow in him, "What?"
    "Well, know, you do, directed last year's play, Master Windu did. Need a new director we do...and found one we have."
    "Who?"
    "Ah...You, Qui-Gon." Mace Windu said this quietly. It took a moment before Qui-Gon absorbed this, before his eyes widened.
    "What?!"
    "Well...I decided not to do it this year, and well, we voted on who would do the best job, and well...it was you. You know alot about Shakespeare's works, and you have a Padawan!"
    Qui-Gon shook his head, there was absolutley no way he would do this.
    "I don't know anything about directing a play!" Yoda smiled knowingly, "Problem there is not. Master Windu will help you." Qui-Gon looked over to see Mace smiling like a Cheshire Cat.
    "And...Choice in this, there is not." Yoda said slowly, and Qui-Gon felt his heart sink into his stomach. "Know you will do a good job on this, i do. Now, go you must, plan you shall on how to proceed. Accompany you, Master Windu will." Mace stood up, looking a little worried, but pushed the slumped Qui-Gon out of the chamber. Yoda sighed, and shook his head.
    "Have a bad feeling about this, I do..."
    ------------

Lapis
    "But you won't fool, the children of the revolution..."

8. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    So, here I shall up, but not with bag and baggage, but with Scrip and Scrippage!!! Okay, no one probably got that...hehehe.

So...UP! and Somebody post!!

Lapis

9. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Seriously...now I'm considering hating everybody! Post, dang it! p-p-p-please??

Lapis
    "How can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you?"

10. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Alright Lapis... I'll try my hand at this...

Qui-Gon left the chamber slowly has he thought about his "choice".
    "Directing Jomeo and Ruliet... I just don't know! I have too many things to do already like teach my padawan and wash my robes and get my weakly trim... Ah, my hair is getting a bit long," he thought to himself as he paused and looked in a mirror along the corridor.
    He walked to his chambers and sat and read the script he was given by Yoda. Well, it was indeed interesting and he had read it before many years ago. Suddenly, he was propelled in the world of Shakespeare and so many ideas came to him!
    "I can do this!" He cried in relief.

Sorry so short, that's all I could think of!

JediGemini

11. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Yay!!! ::snoopy dance::

Continue, ppplease?!?!

Lapis

12. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    The next day try-outs were held for the characters in the play. Qui-Gon insisted that, since Master Windu and Master Yoda insisted on him directing, that they had to sit through the casting process. So, they arrived at the Coruscant Theatre Complex, were the auditions were being held, together and walked in to find hoards of women, men, humans, aliens, and other things reading scripts, practicing lines and making odd noises... Qui-Gon turned to gaze at his Master's pointedly. They just shrugged, looking innocent.
    "This is going to be a long day," Qui-Gon murmured to himself.

Someone else?

13. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    --------

Obi-Wan stood in line with Bant, and looked around at the other Padawan's who had shown up, either by their own will or the prodding of their Master's. He knew Reeft would have been over to see the Set Lines, and Siri would probably also be over there. After all, Mistress Gallia was her Master, and Obi-Wan couldn't really see Siri acting. You never knew though....
    Bant was standing on her tiptoes, and looking around at the lines of Alien creatures, and trying to find the director, who she thought was Mace Windu. In fact, so did Obi-Wan.
    However, the thought really never crossed his mind, and he was brought out of his reverie by Bant leaning over conspiritorally to talk to him.
    "Umm...Obi-Wan, why are all the aliens here?"
    "They're here to try out, I suppose." Obi-Wan shrugged.
    "But...isn't Jomeo and Ruliet for Bi-Peds, and humanoids? Or are we doing it new and modern?" Obi-Wan gave a derisive snort of laughter.
    "Have you ever thought of Master Windu doing any play's new and modern? I suppose he'll just put them on a crew or make them leave." Bant's eyes widened, and she shook her head. "I feel sorry for him, I wouldn't want the job of getting rid of some of these people." She jestured with a flipper at the Gammoreans, Hutts and rather large creatures in line. Obi-Wan shook his head, he rather agreed with her.

"We will WHAT?" Qui-Gon asked, perplexed. Mace Windu and Yoda nodded their heads.
    "Show away the non-bipeds, we must. Have no room for them in the play, do we! Know this, I do!"
    Qui-Gon shook his head, "What are you talking about?" Mace Windu sighed, gesturing to the flimsy with a finger.
    "Look Qui, have you ever seen a production of Jomeo and Ruliet with a Hutt as Jomeo?" Qui-Gon thought for a moment, but then sighed and threw his hands up in the tiny room he and Mace and Yoda were going to use as a Conference room.
    "Fine, go and tell them." He shook his head in resignation, before falling back into a chair. Mace and Yoda looked at each other, and then Mace shook his head.
    "Actually Qui-Gon..." he let the sentance fall, and Qui-Gon looked up at the Master with slightly angry blue eyes.
    "Actually what?" he growled. Yoda stepped in for a moment, and said in his most Masterly tone.
    "As director, you are Qui-Gon, go out and tell them, you must. Director, we are not."
    "You're helping me cast!!!!!" Qui-Gon cried.
    "Yes, but we are not the director. You must tell them either that they must work on a crew to be involved in the production, or they must leave." Mace did a terrible job hiding the smirk on his face.
    Qui-Gon took a deep breath, but stood up and nodded grimly.
    "Fine....I will." He walked out of the room, "I knew this was a bad idea."

Obi-Wan walked out with Bant from the Theaters vending machine room to see many of the non-biped creatures storming from the auditorium in a huff. Each muttered something in their own language, and Obi-Wan caught a Hutt cursing the director. He watched the man on the stage who had put down his megaphone, and was watching the people leave. Obi-Wan couldn't tell who it was, the man had his back to him but he looked familliar. He watched as a tall centauriform clattered up to him on hooves, and turned him around, throwing a strong fist into his face. Obi-Wan grimaced, knowing the superior strength of the species, as the man went down. The Centauriform muttered something about "We can get plenty of better jobs.." before trotting out of the theatre. Obi and Bant looked quizzically at each other, before Obi-Wan tapped a Codru-Ji in front of him on the shoulder, asking what had happened. The four-armed biped turned, and blinked many lidded eyes at him.
    "Apparently the director turned all non bipeds away." He smirked, and held one of his hands out, and Obi-Wan recognized him from the Temple.
    "I am Zan Evant. You are...?"
    "Obi-Wan Kenobi. You auditioning?" The Codru-Ji nodded, and smiled "Yeah, if the director ever gains consciousness."

As Mace Windu dragged him up, Qui-Gon felt his puffy eye and thought, "I can't do this."

~

Continue plea

14. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Up up up!!!! Someone post, por favor?

Lapis
    "I never meant to cause you trouble"

15. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    I'll give it a whirl...

Qui-Gon and Mace Windu shifted uncomfortably in their seats as they watched a Mon Calamarian do the famous lines,

"What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Ruliet is the Sun..."

He was waving his flippers in all directions, sometimes getting a little slime on the director and assistant director. Qui-Gon couldn't take anymore,

"Thank you! Thank you very much. Next, please?"

And in walked Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan stared at his master and said,

"Master! What are you...?"

"Just get on with the audition, my Padawan. No questions."

Obi-Wan just nodded and began his soliloquy...

16. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Obi-Wan took a deep breath, and thought silently May the Force be with me...

He stepped forward, and began to recite the solliliquy he had chosen, soon forgetting the Master's in the room.

"Ah dear Ruliet, Why art thou yet so fair? Shall I believe that unsubstantial Death is amorous.." He was walking about the room, his voice growing more energetic with each word. He ran towards the table at the other end of the room, almost as if Ruliet herself was sitting dead there.
    "...And that the lean abhorred monster keeps thee here in dark to be his paramour?" He knelt down on the ground, and placed a hand on the table, his voice growing softer, and he gave a bitter laugh, "For fear of that I still wil saty with thee and never from this palace of dim night depart again."

Qui-Gon Jinn was astounded. He had no idea that his Padawan could read this with such passion, that his padawan could act!
    He looked over to Mace Windu who was staring at Obi-Wan, nodding with each of his words with watery eyes, but then back to Yoda who was shaking his head in astonishment. He turned his eyes back to his Padawan who had gotten up and was walking to each of the walls in a frenzy.
    "Here..." he sounded bitter, "Here I will remain with worms that are thy chambermaids. O here will I set up my everlasting rest-," He stood in the middle of the room looking up with passionate eyes.
    "-And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world wearied flesh. Eyes!-" he cried, "Look your last! Arms take your last embarce, and lips O you, the doors of breath seal witha righteous kiss-," His voice had grown soft and wavering "An eternal bargain to engrossing death. Come bitter conduct, come unsavory guide! Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on!" He walked over to the table again, and sank to his knees. " The dashing rock thy seasick weary bark!" He looked up, and yelled "Here's tio my love!" Obi-Wan staggered and fell away from the table, laying his stomach to the floor, as he breathed in heavily.
    "Oh, true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick!" He crawled over, as it seemed with obvious fatigue, "Thus.." he gasped, placing his hand to his mouth and laying it on the table, "Thus with a kiss..I die.." He made his eyes bug out, before he laid against the ground.
    Qui-Gon sat breathless, wide-eyed at the skills of his Padawan. Yoda let the gimer stick fall from his hand in amazement, but Mace began to clap fast and hard. Yoda shook his head, and began to clap also. Qui-Gon nodded, "Padawan...that was amazing..." Obi-Wan opened his eyes and jumped up from the ground, running a hand through his spiky hair.
    "Did you really think so?" He smiled lopsidedly.
    "Very good, you were Obi-Wan. Get back to you, we will." Yoda replied, and thumped his gimer stick against the floor. Obi-Wan nodded, "Thank you Masters." Before exiting the room.
    Qui-Gon whistled in amazement before circling Obi-Wan's name in Red Pen writing "CALL BACK!" Mace Windu sighed, "Who's next?"
    Qui-Gon rolled his eyes, "Not many. A few Lercutios, and Benvolios, Dybalt...and alot of Females hoping for Juliet..." Yoda sighed and just waved the next person in.
    ----
    Stay Tuned for the Callback List, Callback meeting, and trouble with casting!
    (If you have ideas for these, please post them, if I'm too slow!)
    Lapis

17. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    my siggy means, OK if you watch ER, Carter and his med had got stab, by a law student named paul, while picking up a V-day card in a darken room. he was stab with the same knife that they used to cut a blue cake. and three people who knew Carter has died.

I thought it was every funny when I was reading it from a fanfiction on ER.

18. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
  19. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Up up up! You peeps do want me to post the next part right? It'll be up later, I promise.

Lapis
    "Everythings not lost"

20. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Gosh there is a lot of Romeo and julet star wars cross over things going on... there's this one and the one that the newbie Welcome party started and posted.

As soon as i think of something i'll post! :)

21. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    THere will be a post soon. Got inspiration.

On a side note: Stranded, why don't you send some peeps over here to post? Can anyone post in urs, cuz I will then? I need more postings! ;_;!

Lapis
    "You want a second opinion? Your husband is overweight. He needs to stop smoking and drinking. He needs to stop eating the pizza, burgers and french fries, and start excersising, otherwise all the second opinions in the world won't prevent him from dying in the next 2 years!"

22. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Up up up up up...and away!!! Think i should change the topic name? Can I even do that?
    New part tonight, I prom!!!

Lapis
    "It's not so bad, you're only the best i ever had..."

23. BluJediLapis

Dec 9, 2000
    Obi-Wan was leisurley walking back from the male species locker room, freshly clean from a shower after his Kata practice. He ran a hand along his braid, feeling it slick and a tad damp, but then running a hand through his damp spiky hair, releasing extra droplets of water. Abruptly Bant rushed up to him, slightly out of breath, her silvery eyes excited.
    "Obi-Wan! I was looking everywhere for you! How could you forget what today was?" Obi-Wan frantically searched his brain, birthday, holiday, paper due? He could find nothing.
    "Bant, I have no idea what you are talking about. What am I forgetting?" Bant shook her head, and grabbed him with a shiny flipper.
    "It's callback day for Jomeo and Ruliet! We have to check the list!" Obi-Wan mentally hit himself, he shouldv'e known. All of the late night meetings between his Master and Yoda and Mace...the arguing. His Master Pacing the room all of the time.
    "Right...where is it?" Bant was still pulling him down the hall.
    "Qui-Gon hasn't posted it yet! It's going to be in the Cafeteria." ((Author: is that right? Cafeteria?))
    Obi-Wan began to speed up, after all he was quite curious himself, and they ran down the hall to the list. When they entered the cafeteria they found a crowd there that included Siri, Reeft, many girls, and his new aquaintance Zan. They were all peering over each other, trying to view the list. Obi-Wan shrugged and crouched down, trying to squirm his way through the peoples legs, as he looked on the list.
    Callback List
    Remember, this was very hard for us to make, and this does not mean that you will not get the part.
    Obi-Wan snorted derisivley, but kept reading.
    Callbacks Male: He silently crossed his fingers and searched for his name.
    ....Zan Evant....Obi-Wan Kenobi He grinned, and heard a whoop next to him, seeing Zan grinning next to him.
    "Hey! We made it!" He cheered, and slapped Obi-Wan on the back. Obi-Wan nodded, and began to scan the list for Bant's name.
    Callback Females: ....Bant...((I'm sorry, i don't know her last name!!!)) Obi-Wan smiled, and scurried out of the bodies to tell his friend the good news.
    -------
    Qui-Gon Jinn sat tiredly on the couch, staring at his list as a knock was heard. He began to get up to answer it, when a girly mutter was heard, followed by more angry footsteps at his door.
    "Master Qui-Gon!" A girly voice floated to him.
    "We demand to speak to you!" They pounded harder on the door, as the high voices rose. Qui-Gon shuddered, and ran to his sleep quarters.

-------
    Lapis

24. Siri_the_Angel

Siri_the_Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2001
    I just found this, and was wondering why you stopped posting on it. Its really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.