main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Parallel SW Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JadeSkywalker, Apr 10, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Come to think of it why don't we send an unbelievable number of PM's to the authers untill they go insane or finish the story?

Well at least I though of SOMETHING I didn't say it would work.

2. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Hee hee! I been seeing this up so much, I am beginning to think that there is a new post everytime I see it! Perhaps one day, though some of the authors have not signed in since last year or since this past January! :(

3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I have felt a tremor in the Force.... (OK, I got a PM from Jeff42, asking me if this story was ever going to be finished.) Sorry I have not written anything in waaaay too long. A lot of things have been going on in real life that have interfered with my fanfic..I won't bore you with the details. Anyway, I'm working on a new post and hope to have it finished by the end of this week.

As a token of my sincerity, please accept these first 2 paragraphs as an advance on the new section

Grovellingly yours,
    Raissa Baiard
    Han regained consciousness by millimeters. When the hazy noise that buzzed insistently through his mind resolved itself into the sound of lightsabers crackling, he realized that he wasn't dead. The discovery surprised him quite a bit. It made sense, though, he hurt too much to be dead--unless, Han thought groggily, one of those religions he never paid much attention to had it right and his various and sundry crimes had earned him unending torture. He contemplated this possibility as much as his pain-numbed mind would allow and decided that he'd never put much stock in hokey religions, and he wasn't going to start now, even if he was dead. He'd prove he was right; all he had to do was open his eyes.

That turned out to be a much more difficult feat than Han had imagined. Each of his eyelids weighed approximately as much as a Star Destroyer full of Hutts. Every attempt to raise them sent fresh temors echoing through Han's head, but finally he forced his eyes open. What he saw very nearly convinced him that he was in hell.

4. Lelila_Vader

Lelila_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    Hallelujah!!! You guys had me scared for a while there. I love Anakin/Vader-Leia father-daughter stories, but so many of them focus on Luke and Vader. Then I stumble on this wonderful story, apparently dead in the water. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reviving it!

5. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Oh YES!!!! Happy DAY! Thank you for putting something up! *sniff* I am so glad you guys are going to try and finish! Thank you SO much :D Made this person VERY happy!!!!

6. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I can't believe I haven't seen this before. I like it! Hope it continues.

7. JWK

Jul 18, 2000
    I can only wish it could finish.

8. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
  9. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Han regained consciousness by millimeters. When the hazy noise that buzzed insistently through his mind resolved itself into the sound of lightsabers crackling, he realized that he wasn't dead. The discovery surprised him quite a bit. It made sense, though, he hurt too much to be dead--unless, Han thought groggily, one of those religions he never paid much attention to had it right and his various and sundry crimes had earned him unending torture. He contemplated this possibility as much as his pain-numbed mind would allow and decided that he'd never put much stock in hokey religions, and he wasn't going to start now, even if he was dead. He'd prove he was right; all he had to do was open his eyes.

That turned out to be a much more difficult feat than Han had imagined. Each of his eyelids weighed approximately as much as a Star Destroyer full of Hutts. Every attempt to raise them sent fresh tremors echoing through Han's head, but finally he forced his eyes open. What he saw very nearly convinced him that he was in hell.

Sprawled on the cold marble floor next to him were the lifeless forms of Lando and Chewbacca. Chewie's fur was badly singed on his chest and face, sizzled down to charred and ragged clumps. Lando had wrapped himself in a tight ball with his chin nearly tucked to his knees. His eyes were open and vacant. Han reached out to them, or tried to. His body still wouldn't obey his commands. After a few twitching attempts that left him drained and shuddering, Han let himself go limp and stared across the throne room and the maelstrom of violence that raged there.

The Emperor was the center of the storm. His cowled form was silhouetted by the eerie glow of the blue lightning that sparked from his fingertips. Two lightsaber-wielding figures, a man and a woman, prowled warily around him. The flash of the woman's magenta blade illuminated her as she swung it to block a fork of lightning. It was Mara, her face contorted in agony as she staggered back from the force of the blow. She was dragging one leg like a gundark wounded in the hunt and she looked ready to collapse with the next step. Beside her, Anakin brought his red saber around to intercept another shaft of the hideous energy storm before it crashed into Mara. He was steadier on his feet than her, but only just. His teeth were clenched with the effort of the fight.

To one side of the Emperor's deadly tempest, twin blue lightsaber blades clashed furiously, bathing the combatants in their ghostly light. Luke and Leia struggled in their duel. It was plain to see that Leia was slowly losing ground, and plainer from the desperate look on her face that she knew she was losing. He had to get to her, had to help her somehow, before Luke could have drive her out of reach. Han raised himself a few centimeters off the floor, struggled towards her, and collapsed in pain again. He panted with the effort. His hand groped towards the blaster that lay just tantalizingly out of reach. If only he could reach it! One shot, one good shot, and he could save Leia. But before he managed to even touch his gun, Leia stopped. She faced Luke and held her lightsaber out away from her. She said something to him that Han couldn't hear and extinguished her blade. "Leia, no!" Han rasped, the words like a flameout poured down his throat.

Luke stood still as a statue in his surprise for the briefest of moments. He raised his own lightsaber and advanced on her; Leia remained where she was. Han wanted to close his eyes but couldn't. He moaned, waiting for the final blow to fall, for the lightsaber to slash Leia's perfect face.

But the lightsaber never found its mark. Instead, an ornate marble statue wrenched itself loose from the alcove where it sat and hurtled towards Leia. It shuddered to a stop a meter in front of her. Han gaped, and looked up in amazement. Brother and sister wore matching expressions of grim determination; the statue wobbled spasmodically in midair between them. Luke scowled and it crashed to the floor. Suddenly, ever

10. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
    Uh oh, this does not look good. You're not really going to kill everybody off, are you? I can't wait for more!

11. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Wow, that was a really intense scene, Raissa. We'll finish this story yet! :)

12. JWK

Jul 18, 2000
    Finish the story please,
    BTW thank YOU!

13. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
  14. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
  15. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
    Once again, up!

16. JWK

Jul 18, 2000
    Up
    UP
    and AWAY!

17. mydred

mydred Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2001
    Nice story, but UP!

18. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
  19. JWK

Jul 18, 2000
    To the front where this story belongs.

20. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    The battle over Had Abbadon had begun as a simple diversion to assist the main mission of rescuing Luke Skywalker from the Emperor's clutches. It had quickly turned into a desperate fight for the very survival of the Rebel Alliance.

As Wedge Antilles piloted his X-wing through the chaotic war zone, a sickening feeling of helplessness ran through him. Looking at the giant capital ships, and the floating wrecks of several Rebel cruisers, he felt tiny in his little snubfighter. This was not like the attack on the Death Star, where a pair of precisely placed torpedoes were enough to take out the entire battle station. No, here there were several major targets to deal with--Imperial Star Destroyers that were blocking off all escape routes while at the same time viciously assaulting the small Rebel fleet. The arrival of the mysterious Dreadnaughts had given the Alliance forces a boost, but they were still outnumbered. And the margin by which they were outnumbered was increasing.

I hope things are going better on the surface, Wedge thought, as he turned his fighter and vectored in toward a Star Destroyer that was moving toward the Rebel flagship. The Phoenix was gunning its engines in an attempt to clear the planet's gravity well, but to do that it would have to get past yet another of the mighty Imperial warships. If the Rebel's Victory-class was caught engaging two ISDs at once, it would be history.

"All right, let's set up for a run on their shield generators," Wedge ordered. His flight group of X-wings, Rogues One through Four, formed up and accelerated toward the enemy Destroyer. Before they were in range, Wedge's sensors beeped to announce incoming enemy fighters. Six TIEs, flying in tight formation, were coming in straight toward the four X-wings. Their green lasers flashed quickly to life. Wedge went through several bobs and weaves, keeping his focus on the lead TIE. Several times his targeting brackets went green, but only for fractions of a second. He fired once, missed--then he connected with a solid hit and the TIE was blown apart.

Two seconds later, the four surviving TIEs had screamed past. None of the Rogues had taken serious damage in the head-to-head run, but now the enemy fighters were looping back around. Wedge shifted his attention briefly to the Star Destroyer he was still aimed at. A pair of Dreadnaughts were harrassing it, but did not appear to be doing significant damage. If the X-wings could manage to knock out the shields, however . . .

"I can't shake him!" Wedge suddenly heard over his comm. It was Porkins.

"Hold on, I'm on it," Beren Luthione's voice replied. Wedge shifted his throttle down to one-third and spun to face the enemy. He picked off one unsuspecting TIE, but another was stuck on Porkins' tail and showed no signs of going away. It opened fire--then another X-wing roared in with weapons blazing. The TIE was destroyed--and then another Imp fighter came out of nowhere, and the second X-wing exploded.

"Four?" Wedge asked, at the same time locking onto the TIE and quickly taking it out.

"He's gone, Lead," came the reply from Porkins, Rogue Three. "Beren . . . I owe him my life."

"Let's make sure his deeds don't go to waste," Wedge said through clenched teeth. "Two and Three, let's hit that Star Destroyer and let's hit it hard."

The three X-wings swooped in toward the Destroyer's top side. Thankfully, there were no TIEs in the immediate vicinity. Bright turbolaser fire lit up the sky, but it was mostly focused on the Rebel capital ships and had little chance of hitting the snubfighters. Before long, Wedge had one of the spherical shield generators in his sights and was zooming toward it. He let loose with a relentless stream of red laserfire. Biggs and Porkins did likewise.

"They're still holding," Biggs muttered.

"Keep it up, Two," Wedge sent back. They went on with their barrage. The sphere Wedge was targeting began to glow--

"I'm hit!"

"Porkins!" Biggs yelled. A turbolaser blast had hit its

21. crackerjack

crackerjack Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2001
    This story just keeps getting better and better. :D

22. rockwilder57

rockwilder57 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2000
    Man, oh, man. Let me get me heart out of my throat.

23. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
  24. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
    Okay, I realize this is probably dead, but I'm just going to cross my fingers and up it a few more times anyway.

25. Lelila_Vader

Aug 20, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.