main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI A part of R2-Detroit history closes its doors

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by c3500BC, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    Blame it on the struggling economy,bad management or a single shot from an armored space station,but this past weekend I was out at Great Lakes Crossing and I was surprised and a little sad to see that Gameworks has closed.For those of you who do not know,Gameworks was where the very R2-Detroit meeting was held about 100 years ago. :p

2. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    Wow I'm suprised that it closed. I always belived that the first meeting was at a Target or something. Other then Steve and Barry's that has to be the only other store to close at GLC.

3. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Gameworks closed up shop? That just sucks. Aside from just the very first meeting, we ended up doing a lot of things there. Hell, one of the members helped build it. :p Definitely a sad day.

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't believe its been 8 1/2 years since the first meeting in 2002. I was at the second meeting and everyone there after. I remember the second meeting was at the Boarders books at Great Lakes Crossing. Then we moved to 12 Oaks mall for a couple of meetings. Then we moved across the road to the Barnes and Noble. Great times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.