main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A pass around Star Wars meets Earth (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by I love Sci Fi, Aug 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_High_Admiral

Grand_High_Admiral Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    Having problems with my latest post showing up, it may be neccessary to reload the page.
    Thank You
    GHA RPZ

2. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    thanks for the heads up....hmm.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark approached the capital building just in time to see them loading Amanda onto the shuttle. "Blast!"

Pulling out his comlink he dialed over to New Republic frequency. "Paul you there."

"Yup, You got news Master Skywalker?"

"It's not Luke it's Mark." Mark said with a chuckle. "But we've got a problem."

"Don't tell me Amanda's got herself arrested."

"Worse, she's got herself caught. Look there's going to be a shuttle launching here in a few minutes. It's your choice, you can try to force it down or not, but I thought I'd give you the heads up."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Obi-wan watched the peace conference with a kind of peaceful discust. He didn't trust politicians, but here were people who lived on a world seperated in a hundred different ways and yet they were willing to sit together and talk...

'Alright,' He conceeded to himself 'Maybe not willingly.' But it was their choice to come.

"Padawan." Qui-gon said behind him.

"Yes Master." Obi-wan said turning.

"It is a great event even though we won't remember."

Obi-wan sighed he wasn't sure he really like the idea of voluntarily blocking his memories of this place, but that was the deal. These people would help them wipe their memories and then tranqualize them. While they were asleep they would be transported to just outside of the Coruscant system and left with their distress call running. This Mara person had assured them she could do enough superfiscial damage to their ship to make it look like they'd mearly run into a solar storm or something and had hyperdrive damage.

"Master, why can't we just swear to secrecy why do we have to go through all this."

"It is a safety precaution only." Qui-gon said quietly. Obi-wan could see that his Master really didn't like it anymore than he did although he'd never say so.

"Still this is what being a Jedi is all about, isn't it." Obi-wan said turning back to the balcony to look down. "Bringing peace to planets, I mean."

"That it is my young padawan, that it is." Qui-gon said and joined him in watching the proceedings.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Luke entered the bay and looked around. "Mara?" He called walking to the Jedi transport that had been moved to the base for Mara's 'touchups'.

"Yea." Mara said droping down from on top of the ship.

"How's it going."

"Interesting."

Luke laughed. "Interesting?"

"This ship is like nothing I've seen before. It must be a true Jedi ship or there would have at least been a few old ones flying around, this thing would last practically forever unless it was intentionally destroyed. You outfit this thing with some weapons and a good pair of shields and..."

"Mara, calm down." Luke said pulling her into an embrace. "The Jedi ships weren't designed for warfare, they didn't need weapons." Luke reminded her.

"Yea, but still, I'm telling you, the Emperor had these destroyed, they didn't fall into disrepair. This ship here, for instance, from what I can get from the computer its nearly 20 years old...and running like new."

Luke couldn't help but laughing again. "I guess its a good thing that Han isn't doing this job." Mara punched him playfully and then motioned for him to follow her into the ship.

3. Grand_High_Admiral

Aug 12, 2002
    Interesting...very interesting you have whet my appetite I will take great pleasure in my next moves.
    GHA RPZ

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :: roll eyes::
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The screen went blank a moment and soon the channel 12 logo appeared.

"We interupt this regularly scheduled program with a 12 news special report"

The anouncer looked directly into the camera with a expression whose serious nature was only matched by that he wore durring the 9-11 tradgedy years before. Mrs. Unakorn remembered because she taped everything from that day through the next week.

"Word just confirmed from our Washington associates that a strange event is taking place outside the White house." As he spoke the view changed to a large Space ship parked above the building and men in white armored plating outside with numerous Large metal contraptions moving slowly around the perimiter. "This apparation appeared about a half an hour after the first troups landed in what appears to have been drop ships." The view changed again to the front of the Whitehouse where everyone could see that the door was broken down. "On a brighter note the president was away at an undisclosed meeting while this happened. The VP has been taken to an undisclosed location."

Mrs. Unakorn sat in the chair directly across the T.V. She vageuely knew what it was, it looked like something she had seen on Jackie's book covers and on those movies she watched so often. She rushed over to the bookcase and pulled out a blank tape. Maybe after so long she would be able to see her daughters again. There was no chance she was going to miss this.

Peeling off the wrapping and placing the tape in the slot, Mrs. Unakorn sat back and pressed record. Not a moment too soon either, the view soon changed to the Today Show's political analyst.

"This Grand High Admiral Ryan P. Zaylar, or whatever he called himself is useing some very unconventional tactics. This maniac is trying to take over the world with his crazed Star Wars fandom. He breaks down the doors to the White House, drops ships and troups all over the place, and expects us to believe that he is just here for peace talks?! Katie, He makes it very clear that is not the reason he is here."

"Have you any idea what the government plans to do about this?" Katie asked him.

"With the president away and the Vice President in hiding, the military seems to be at a loss for what to do about these neverbefore seen ships."

"What about the rumors that they may be something out of star wars? Do you think Lucas has something to do with this?"

"I wouldn't know, but now that you mention it, yeah those guys do look like stormtroupers, and I think those are the big metal walking things that got smashed by the teddy bears in the. .. third movie I think. .. "

5. Grand_High_Admiral

Aug 12, 2002
    There was a low thrum as the repulsorlifts engines turned on and the shuttle slowly lifted off into the air.After ascending for a few more minutes it halted and the wings rotated and locked into the flight position.The Admiral gazed out the forward viewport as the shuttle slowly rose in time to see sever chaff rockets fly out of BELIAR and erupt in the sky dispensing their cargo to prevent any who may dare follow the Admiral.Several T.I.E fighters appeared through the clouds of smoke and took up flanking positions around the Admiral's shuttles.

"Excellent Captain, take us to BELIAR at top possible speed."

"Yes sir."

The shuttle gradually picked up velocity and rocketed towards the waiting Landing Bay of BELIAR where the Admiral's safe haven would be for the next twenty-four hours until he returned for the conference.The shuttle rocketed upwards until it was finally in the range of Landing Bay control...

"Landing Bay control to shuttle, please transmit you Imperial Identification codes now."

The pilot's fingers danced across the controls and began the transmission that would give the Landing technician the access code to admit the shuttle.

"Shuttle XI456 you are cleared for landing in the main hangar area."

"Thank you Landing Control we have the Grand High Admiral onboard as well as one Jedi please notify the proper authorities of you would."

"Roger that shuttle XI456."

For the rest of the trip to BELIAR's main hangar it was a quiet trip the Admiral's guards sat quietly at attention until the shuttle had docked completely and then they all disembarked to be greeted by Grand Admiral Thrawn and Ms.Unakorn...

6. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    I'm doing a summer program at college and I won't have a computer until fall, so I may not be on as much. Just FYI.

7. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Just a short reply!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amanda felt her head swim as two of the stormtroopers half led half dragged her off the shuttle. Blinking quickly she tried to focus on the two blobs in front of her.

"Jackie?" She gasped seeing her friend next to who she assumed what the Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Shaking her head she looked again, sure enough Jackie was standing next to the famous grand admiral.

"Together again huh." Amanda mouthed in Jackie's dirrection and smiled she was glad when she saw Jackie smile too and nodd. "Wouldn't miss it." Amanda saw her mouth silently.

At least she knew this was no trick. Only an Earthling would know those lines, with the exception of the Jedi from the 'future' time. All of which were currently on the surface.

"So admiral..." Amanda said turning to him. "What happens now?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    On the surface Qui-gon and Obi-wan had become involved in a heated discussion.

"I'm just saying that we should help them." Obi-wan insisted. "What harm can it do?"

"They have not asked for our help in these negotiations."

"Jackie did, and Amanda, and Mark, and many of the others."

"Military, my young padawan, military who have declined to tell the rest of this planets population about this meeting."

"Master, I understand that, but don't you think they might have their reasons? Does the council tell us everything they know and do?"

Qui-gon looked sharply at his padawan. "The council is not answerable to us."

"And the military should be answerable to the people?" Obi-wan retorted trying to keep his anger in control.

"Calm yourself padawan, this is neither the time nor the place for anger, something is..." His sentence was cut off by a knock on the door.

Closing his eyes and bringing his anger into check Obi-wan walked over and opened the door. "Mika? What are you doing here?" He asked startled to see the boy.

"I was sent to get you by Master Skywalker. He says to tell you they might need your help after all and that you are to follow me to the control room."

"After all?" Obi-wan asked in shock and turned to his master.

Qui-gon didn't say a word but simply waved the boy ahead. "Very well, show us the way."
    Mara looked up as the door to the control room opened. She was about to say something when she realize the figure in the door wasn't Qui-gon. "Tahiri?" She said after a moment. "What are you doing here?"

"Intelligence said you had a psychopath on your hands and sent me down. They thought I might be able to help." She smiled. "After all, if anyone knows what its like being crazy, it's me."

Luke put his hand on the girl's shoulder and smiled. "We're glad to have you here Tahiri. I don't know about psychopaths, but you might be able to help with some of the negotiations and the press when the time for action comes."

8. Grand_High_Admiral

Aug 12, 2002
    The Admiral had sealed himself in his grand chamber where his massive organ laid,he had several one on each of his vessels and now seemed like that ideal time to play.For it was to be a celebration within twenty four hours the conference would begin all the he had to do was to keep control of the skies over Washington and then he would move in and that would begin the new "Golden Age" for the galaxy...or at least he hoped.Up to this point the actions of the Rebels had been rather straightforward it was the other Jedi that concerned him...he had a score to settle with Mara Jade and he was not quite sure how he could fare in combat against Luke Skywalker.As for the other two Jedi there was very little information he could find all that he knew was the Jedi Knight known as Obi Wan had been killed by Lord Vader pn the first Death Star as for the other Jedi Master the one called Qui Gon Jinn had somehow been expunged from the Imperial Records on order of the Emperor himself having something to do with a battle on a Planet called Naboo.But for the time being there was very little that concerned him DAMACLESE was orbitting the planet he had ordered two Super Star Destroyers to join BELIAR over Washington in a high orbit path.The Admiral gazed at the chronometer on the wall as he played the keys of the organ as skillfully as ever and let them lead him on a symphony that he had not emabarked upon since he began this mission.There was a call on the comm in his helmet as he played the organ...

"Sir we are informing you the the MACBTs (Military Armored Command Battle Trains) are ready for your return to Earth."

"Excellent...we will leave ahead of schedule make sure my personal train is ready load the special cargo and the Jedi but sedate Amanda first let Ms. Unakorn go of her own volition and order Thrawn that for the time being are forces will be commanded by Vice Fleet Admiral Palleon, Thrawn is to accompany me to the conference immediately."

"Yes sir we shall see that the neccessary preperations are made and that we are ready to leave ahead of schedule."

"Very good."And with that the Admiral shut the comm off in his helmet and began to bring his music to a climactic end as his fingers danced across the keys of his thundering organ deep in the bowels of this ship.

All was as he had willed soon Earth would be an orderd part of the galaxy and that would move the galaxy forward.The truth was that for the majority of his life he had lived in the shadow of others and now would be his moment of galactic glory.The years fo combat hadtaken their toll he was soon if the course of events not to change would become more machine than man and then would he truly be capable of anything more than a mindless drone bent on killing?The answer was still unsure.His path was one of great uncertainty but there was one thing he knew there was no forgiveness for him he had the blood of millions if not billions on his hands and for those lives he had taken personally or for those he had ordered he knew there was no forgiveness for him no matter how much retribution he sought.All he knew as that the only thing hoe could od would be to try and usher in a new age for the galaxy one of peace and order and that was what he would try to do now...

9. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    good post...

just one thing though, the conference was already going on. You attacked in like the 2nd day of it. ;) we'll work around it though.

10. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
  11. Grand_High_Admiral

Aug 12, 2002
    There was a low thud as the transport carrying the four MACBTs lifted itself off the deck and slid into the cold grasp of space. The Admiral sat quietly at his desk in his own prviate car until he rose and began to give a speech...

"Every aspect of our lives...past,present and future are forged out of singular decisions. This is no different for me, the decisions I have made have lead me to this day and the decisions I make today will lead to the events of tomorrow that is the inevitable cosmic way."

The Admiral stopped pacing a flipped a switch underneath his desk and watched as a holo display of the planet Earth appeared in the center of the room.

"Somewhere the decisions of these people decided they should be isolated from the galaxy, and somewhere in my life a decision was made that it shall be I a Grand High Admiral who shall break this isolation. I will bring them into a Golden Age of prosperity and peace under Imperial Protection. This is to be my greateast legacy...this is what fate has had in store for me."

The Admiral hit the toggle switch and the image of Earth disappeared from the room leaving it empty to only the sounds of the Admiral's boots pacing back on the cold floors of the car and the sound of the speakers in his mask booming to the voice that lay behind it.

"The future is an uncertain shroud any Jedi worth his skills with a lightsaber will tell you that. So why is it that we wonder so much about the events that are yet to be made for if we know the future all we have done is set in motion another eventuality of events that MAY be. This is too uncertain a science to merit any thought. Yes, I admit I have peered into my own future as well as those of several others and much to my dismay I have seen these possibilities disappear when another decision was made that contradicted them. But what is it now that I see before me? A future of my creation and my one decision shall be poised to alter the lives of millions, my actions to date have already exposed these beings to the fact that there is life in the universe and has shattered their provincial views to the extent that they question their very being. My future is as uncertain as my past, certainly I have bore witness to the former but there are certain actions in that past that I am not proud of and have therefore blocked them out as any person would have done."

The Admiral slowly slid into his chair and fastened the safety harnesses as the transport came nearer the surface and prepared to unleash the MACBTs so that they could proceed to the location that the Admiral had deemed for the conference...his conference.

"The future is to be made today...and I shall be the one to forge it." The Admiral said as the transport touched down and the outer hatch opened and his MACBT prepared to disembark.

12. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    nice post

Will post this weekend.

13. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Or soon.

Sorry about that....

14. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    nice gha. .. .

must think of something. . .

15. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I have an idea for a post, but I haven't had time to write it during my little amount of online time at the library. I'll try to post it next week, but no guarantees.

16. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Catalina brought her ship out of hyperspace. 'There it is.' she thought silently looking at the orb of blue and green orbiting below her.

"C4." Catalina called back to the droid. "Shut down everything but life support and put us into a fall toward the planet at these coordinates." She instructed the droid. "Then get the engines ready for a quick start once we're through the atmosphere."

Sitting back in the cockpit of her ship she closed her eyes sighed, this was it. She'd past the turning point. She'd stolen a ship and returned to Earth...or rather to a particular time in Earth's history, or so she hoped. Sitting in the cockpit the last 6 months flooded through her mind...Her mothers death, joining the imperial navy...finding out how to prevent the whole thing...

She looked down as a consol beeped. She'd lost track of time, she was nearing the coordinates.

"This is Hope Base to the unidentified ship please identify yourself." The voice that came over her comm was neither cold nor evil, but it was strick and Catalina knew she'd be shot down if she disobeyed.

"Hope Base, this is E159 requesting permission to land..." She paused. "I have some information you might find useful."
    Qui-gon looked at the controls in front of him. It had been a long time since he'd piloted a fighter craft, not since he had been a padawan. But there were no other craft to spare and he and Obi-wan had been asked to meet up with Paul.

And to top it off the only weapons they'd have were something called 'machine guns' apparently the soldiers sent out had done their jobs and every city with a radio station was blaster and laser cannon safe. At least that part of Amanda and Mark's plan had worked.

"Obi-wan?" Qui-gon said over the comm.

"Yes Master."

"You ready?"

Obi-wan smiled and looked toward the fighter his master was in. The tall jedi looked comical in the fighter designed for much smaller people, and Obi-wan found himself smiling. He found it even more interesting that his master was nervous about this flight. "Ready and waiting master."

"You are clear of the base. Good luck Master Jinn, Padawan Kenobi." The voice of Mara came over the comm. "And may the force be with you."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Edit: fixing some continuity, forgot we named the base

17. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    nice post hmmmm what interesting things will catalina tell us . .

ummm do you know that her droid has a highly explosive personality?

18. Grand_High_Admiral

Aug 12, 2002
    The transport carrying the MACBTs set down in front of the capital building and opened its massive forward hangar doors. There was a low thrum as four long metal rods extended from above and below the four massive trains. Even though they ran off of internal reactors they were launched from the transport so as to maintain a high velocity until a point their repulsor drives kicked in and then propelled them forward. The high veloctiy magnetic rail slowly built up its massive electrical charge and then with one massive thud, the first of the four MACBTs rocketed out of the hangar and off towards the conference zone somewhere named Arizona.

For the most part the Admiral was pleased with the tactical data he was recieving for the third time he had broacasted a message this one stating that after his trains were away the Imperial Forces would be recalled and the space over Washigton would be free of any Imperial prescence. However there was one stipulatio during his entire operation including the conference there was to be NO REBEL or MILITARY action taken against the Imperial prescence. IF action was reported all ships and the DAMACLESE cannoe had orders to open fire and level the city while the troops and walkers retreated.

There was another low thud as the second train rocketed out of the hangar and went on to meet the other one. The Admiral leaned back in his chair and fastened the harness. Then flipped a switch on his desk...

"All personnel prepare for disembarkment.Fasten and secure all passengers an cargo deployment in T-minus 30 and counting."

A large chronomete on the wall flashed red as the time clicked backwards. There was a thrum as the the magnets powered up and then suddenly launched the Admiral's MACBT forward and out on it's course for the conference.

So far the plan was going as it should be the time all the MACBTs had been launched the walkers and stormtroopers would be ready to head back the BELIAR and then they would move onto the conference zone and drop the Admiral's fortress where the actual meeting would take place. The Admiral had already sent communications to ALL world leaders that in twenty-four hours they were to depart their respective countries and head for the conference failure to do so would result in immediate removal from any conference proceedings and the immediate occupation of their country and their government being replaced by a temporary Imperial governor. This was to remain in place until the conference had been concluded and the issues resolved. But for the time being the Admiral planned on enjoying a leisurely trip to the conference. Truly the MACBT was a military marvel consisting of over one hundred and sixty cars each over eighty feet long and two stories high ecquipped with advanced communication and weapons systems and armed by the Admiral's personal guards and shock troops they were truly marvels of engineering. Each train was pulled by a massive one hundred and twenty foot long engine at either end so as to provide maximum mobility without long turn around they were truly worthy of this purpose.For the time being there was little to worry about Washington secure by land and air and not one person on Earth who would dare not see peace...or so...he thought....

19. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    "All personnel prepare for disembarkment.Fasten and secure all passengers an cargo deployment in T-minus 30 and counting."

does anyone else see that scene from the end of spaceballs?

20. Grand_High_Admiral

Aug 12, 2002
    Oh....poo on you

21. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    pthhhhhhh

22. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    will put an Earth conferrence post and a Catalina post up tommorrow

for now just upping

23. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Edited to continuity sake
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gillian surveyed the ambassadors in front of her. They appeared on the brink of a riot. Not that she blamed them, what with Earth being invaded and the newest ultimatum from this crazed attacker.

Stepping up to the podium she looked around at the ambassadors again. "Ambassadors, if I might have your attention!" She said strongly into the microphone in front of her.

The noise dropped some, but not as much as she would have hoped. "I understand that you are concerned about your people, but I assure you steps are already being taken to insure the security of our world."

"To ensure our security!" One of the ambassadors called out. "How can you fight this?"

Gillian sighed wishing that she were anywhere but here. She'd been left out of the loop nearly as much as these ambassadors and she wished she could tell them that without raising a panic.
    Catalina was not surprised when she was greeted by two armed security officers. Dropping out of her ship she raised her hands.

"I'm not armed." She said waiting for them to come over and search her.

"I have orders to take you to the control center." The first officer said. "You will not touch anything or make any attempt to run or I will shoot you."

"Lead on." Catalina said nodding.
    "Ah, you must be our mysterious pilot." A man said stopping in front of her and looking her up and down.

Catalina's jaw dropped. "Mark? Am I glad to see you."

Mark narrowed his eyes, while the girl looked vaugly familiar he knew he'd never met her before. "I'm afraid I don't remember you."

Catalina mentally kicked herself. "Of course not, I'm sorry, my name is Catalina...and we haven't met...Not yet."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Catalina looked across the table at Mark and the three Jedi, Luke and Mara Skywalker and Tahiri. She had been told that two more Jedi would be joining them eventually, having been called back with the event of the attack on the shuttle and the subsequent rescueing of Jackie and Amanda.

"So what is this information that you think we might find useful." Mark asked breaking the silence.

"The Grand High Admiral is from Earth. He left about 8 years ago. I know the date and the coordinates, and I have a plan. I think you might be able to prevent this whole thing from happening if you can use your technology to go back in time and shoot him down."

"If this is true then why don't you just go and do it?" Mark asked.

"Well, its not that simple." Catalina said. "If I went back then I might very well prevent my own existence. That's why one of you...I'd recommend either Amanda or Mark...has to be the one to go back. I've done all the research. The only thing they would undo in their lives is this latest battle, and perhaps the battle that took place a few years ago. You would still go back with Luke and Mara, however, and you would still become Jedi." Catalina paused as the four jedi looked at each other doubtfully.

"Look, i've downloaded all of the information into my droid, at least you can look at it."
    Mark looked at the data contained in Catalina's droid. It certainly seemed to make since, just a short trip throught hyperspace, go back and blow up the admiral's shuttle before he could leave Earth.

"So, what do you think?" Catalina's voice interupted his thoughts.

"I'm going to do it." Mark said turning to her. Standing up he looked at the other jedi in the room. "I'll leave now. With this ultimatum and this attack I should be able to sneak out of orbit by flying low. I'll go south and east to avoid his ships and then clear the atmosphere when I've reached the other side of the planet."

Luke looked the man over. "I guess all I can say is...May the force be with you."

Mark nodded and headed to his fighter.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark watched help his hand ready on the flight stick as he crept further and further away from the base

24. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'll try to get a post up tonight or tomorrow. Watch this space ;)

25. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    I'd say that list is quite long. . .

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.