main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Passing Moment (Birthday Viggie for Stella_Ripple, unadulterated Qui/Obi mush)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jennifer_Lyn, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Title: A Passing Moment
    Author(s): Jennifer_Lyn
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Characters: Obi and Qui
    Genre: Mush, AU
    Summary: Obi and Qui spend a quiet morning together.
    Notes: This was written for my Padawan, Stella_Ripple's birthday. Hope it's a good one, kiddo!
    Disclaimer: Hi Uncle George! This is not the author you're looking for, move along!

Qui-Gon peeked into the room of his sleeping Padawan and smiled in the dim, early morning light. Spiky reddish hair stuck out of a cocoon of fabric that entangled pairs of arms and legs at odd angles. Quietly approaching the sleeping form, Qui-Gon pulled himself up short as the slumbering mass emitted a sudden moan, flailed its arms about briefly and turned over.

The large man with the long, chestnut hair chuckled softly and began to gently untangle his young charge from his self-imposed prison. Not once did the boy wake and when the task was finally complete Qui-Gon smoothed the youngster?s Padawan braid down and crept quietly out of the room.

The sun was just beginning to rise over the horizon of Coruscant, the lines of traffic still thin and scattered as the daily rush of aircars slowly got up to its usual frantic pace. Qui-Gon sat down in front of the large window in the common room of the apartment he shared with Obi-Wan. Large pillows had been placed on the floor in front of it for morning and evening meditations, their centers indented from hours upon hours of sitting.

Qui-Gon?s large, dark green cushion had been a gift from Tahl when he took Obi-Wan as his Padawan a decade before. It was well broken in and facilitated Qui-Gon?s ease in meditation with it?s comfortable familiarity. Next to it sat a smaller blue cushion. It was in much better condition than his own despite the fact that two seats were the same age. Ratty edges were neatly and regularly repaired where he had allowed his to grow thread bare and ragged.

Closing his eyes, Qui-Gon reached into the Living Force and lost himself in the beauty of each moment, as he had been led to do his entire life. After a little while, he heard a rustle of fabric and felt a presence join him in the ebb and flow of the Force. It was fuzzy around the edges and reached toward him through a silvery thread that connected him to it. It slowly began to clarify and strengthen as time passed and the meditation grew deeper.

The sun had risen above the horizon when Qui-Gon opened his eyes and met the ocean blue spheres that now sought his own.

?Good morning, Padawan.? He said softly.

?Good morning, Master? Came the warm reply.

?It?s good to be home, isn?t it?? Qui-Gon asked as he stretched his long legs before him.

?Yes, it most definitely is!? The boy?s voice was enthusiastic and bright.

Obi-Wan rose from his neat, blue cushion and padded softly into the kitchenette he shared with his Master. Qui-Gon sighed warmly as he listened to the familiar song his Padawan hummed while preparing their morning tea. There was more rustling about in the panty than usual and after a while it finally piqued Qui-Gon?s interest.

?Obi-Wan, is everything alright in there?? he called out, concern in his voice.

?Yes, Master, just fine. I?ll be there in a moment.? Obi-Wan replied a bit too quickly, his voice pitched a bit high. The boy was obviously up to something.

After a bit more noise from the kitchenette, the boy?s gingery head appeared. He carried a large tray in his hands. Besides the usual pot of tea and cups, there were lovely, flaky pastries, thick slices of bread and a jar of jam.

?Obi-wan, what is all of this? Have I forgotten my Lifeday again?? The Jedi Master asked, a laugh in his voice.

?No, Master.? He smiled sheepishly. ?I just felt like doing something a little different. We?ve been so busy away on missions that I though we might just start the day off a little slower than usual.?

Qui-Gon beamed at his Padawan. It had been quite some time since they?d had a chance to work together and play together without the pressure of a mission over their heads. Obi-wan was becoming a promising young kni

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Awwww.... that was so sweet. Loved Qui calling Obi his 'youngling'. Got my mush fi(x)c for the day! [face_love]

Lovely work, J_Lyn!

3. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Yay! Master, you posted it! Thanks again, for the mushiful present! [:D]

4. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful! :) The ending was just perfect and I liked that Yoda didn't wish to disturb them, especially since it was the Council that worked them so hard. :p

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great work!! *warm fuzzy feelings* toatally enjoyed that! Now if only I could catch some zzzz's that'd be sweet! Where's me a couch to cuddle up on? [face_laugh] Though I don't think my boss would be too happy to catch me snoozing instead of working! [face_laugh]

Wonderful job! :D

6. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Princess_Arulmozhi: Thanks! It was sugary sweet on purpose, just like a birthday cake! I just love the word youngling. I use it on my cats.

Stella_Ripple: You're welcome, m'dear. So glad you liked it.

bek: That darned Council. The need to give these two break!

Kynstar: Glad you liked it. I wouldn't mind cuddling up with Qui-Gon myself. [face_love] Don't know how much sleeping there'd be though. Great, now I sound like Leona!

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....that was so sweet

@};- @};- @};-

I loved it!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Very sweet! I wubs it!

Happy B-day, birthday girl!

9. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    A wonderful piece of work Master! =D=

And Happy Birthday Stella! [:D]

10. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Wonderful. [face_love] So adorable... I'm sorry this review isn't very coherent. The mush was mmmhmm, mushy! :D Well done.

Happy birthday, Stella_Ripple![face_dancing]

11. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    =D= Exquisitely done.=D=

Tranquility, serenity, and peace, just what these two very busy jedi need.

Gave me the warm fuzzies. [:D]

This is one I'll re-read periodically.

12. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    *melts*

This was absolutely wonderful! [face_love]

There's nothing better than Qui/Obi mush...

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Such sweetness! [face_love] Awww....

**cough**my birthday is March 2nd if you want to mark your calendar**cough**I like Obi/Ani mush**cough**

14. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] I just love Qui/Obi mush! :* :* :*

15. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    This fic is absolutely wonderful and so sweet!! [face_love] I haven't had my daily dose of mush for almost a week :p, I'm so glad I read this fic! Thanks for posting! [:D] [:D] Obi and Qui mush is my favorite [face_love]

16. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Yep, wonderful mush fix, that was indeed. [face_love]

I liked the contrast between Qui and Obi, how Qui is so disorderly, and Obi is so fastidious and careful, and how it was demonstrated by their meditation cushions: Qui's was threadbare, and Obi kept repairing his. I can very much see them acting that way. [face_love]

And then I loved how Yoda came in and called them both younglings, then covered them with that blanket. Great mental image, that part. [face_love]

Great story! :D

17. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Awww, so adorable, J_L! [face_love] I loved the part at the end, with Yoda finding the two of them fast asleep. *girlie squeals are heard as she huggles her own Obi-clone*

Lucky birthday girl, getting such a wonderful present! It's such a cute story, J_L. You should write mush more often! *hopeful grin*

Stormqueen

18. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    OMG! I love you people! [face_blush] There's going to be a lot of "thank yous" I'm just too overwhelmed to say much!

KELIA: Thank you! I need some insulin to balance myself out!

Maychorian: May the Great liked my mush! Thank you!

Kestrel_Kenobi: A Padawan! You need to tell me when your birthday is and your favorite kind of mush!

corellian-jedi: Thank you, you're plent coherent from my end!

Aya-Na_Bashu: I'm honored you think this is worth a reread!

Qui-Gina-Jinn: Thank you. I'm with ya on the Qui/Obi mush. It's the best!

VaderLVR: Oh, very subtle Master. I almost missed it, it was so slick. You're on my calendar! :p

LilQui-Gon: I love it, too! It's just as fun to write as to read!

lost_jedii: So glad I could fill that need! The world is a better place with more mush.

Bastet: Glad you liked the Yoda part, that and the cushions were my fav moments, too.

SQ: Hi hon! I write plenty of mush! Just because I'm an evil padawan doesn't mean I can't write mush. I know it's been a while. I'll write more soon.

19. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    obi is such a good padawan! very thoughtful to bring his Master breakfast!
    and then the nap at the end was perfect! worn out Jedi's from all their adventuring!
    AWESOME "VIGGIE"!:)
    never can have too much mush, that's what i always say...(well, i don't ALWAYS say that, but if i read more good mush like that perhaps i would! ;)

20. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Very sweet[face_blush]
    But, we all know that Kynstar would rather cuddle on a couch with Dooku;) [face_love]
    Great story...
    Really enjoyed it.

21. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    After a bit more noise from the kitchenette, the boy?s gingery head appeared. He carried a large tray in his hands. Besides the usual pot of tea and cups, there were lovely, flaky pastries, thick slices of bread and a jar of jam.

?Obi-wan, what is all of this? Have I forgotten my Lifeday again?? The Jedi Master asked, a laugh in his voice.

[face_laugh] Can I sneak in and share? [face_mischief]

We can all use a little "mush" in our lives! ;)

Thank you for this wonderful "bowl full". [:D]

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I thought I had replied to this already! I know I read it. It was beautiful JL -- such wonderful Qui/Obi mush, just what I needed :)

23. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    =D= Awww, wonderful!
    If I smile any wider my cheeks will explode.:D
    Happy Birthday!!! *throws confetti in the air*
    Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you![face_dancing]
    Kind Regards,
    K.Elessar

24. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    Whew! Caught this before I got any more and ran out of the "show last 5 replies" space! [face_laugh]

Thanks all, I feel really loved! [:D] Look at all the new faces! [face_blush]

obi_webb: Well he's only the best padawan EVER!

hyperspace_police: Glad you liked it!

Star_Drifter: Sure, but you'll have to fight Qui for it! You're very welcome for the bowl-full!

Layren: There will be more mush someday, don't you fret! So glad to provide a needed service!

Katieelessar: Be careful! Your face could get stuck like that! Thanks for reading!

25. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awesome cuteness there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.