main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Past Unknown (OC and guest stars) I know I know pick your jaw up off the ground he posted 8/23/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi_Wans_love_child, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yay, a new post! :D

Speaking of new post, you've been back for a few days now and you haven't had a new post for your beta to read. [face_mischief] *pokes OWLC*

Jae Angel

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Where's this post? ;)

3. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    And here it is :D

This post is dedicated to my super sexy beta. We have much work to do my petite friend. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alec stood on the ship, a haunting look in his eyes. Ophalia was now speaking as the crew held its quiet memorial. Leanna Rianni?s body lay in an urn on a case. Alec had been putting on a front for a few days now. The talk Tia had with him helped a little, but he still was hurting. He knew Quessk and Ophalia could tell, but he believed no one else knew. Alec of course had spoken first during the memorial. His voice had been steady as he recalled some of his most wonderful memories of his mother. Then he had arrived at a story where he brought up his first attempt at cooking for his mother. When Alec had gotten to his mother laughing out loud he suddenly quieted. The lump in his throat prevented anymore. Ophalia had picked up the story as Alec moved back. Now Alec watched as Ophalia quieted and Carina stepped forward. Carina spoke of how Leanna had given her a chance not many had wished to give her. Leanna had helped Carina step out of a shadow she did not deserve and she would always be thankful for that.

The stories continued, many of the crew stepped forward to talk. Alec almost smiled hearing Asa?s voice coming through speakers mounted in the room. Asa had even designed the Urn the night before. It was pristine and Asa had told Alec it would never break. Alec did not know what material it was made from, but it looked like moving water. Again Alec?s heart became cold, but it was not because he had thought of his mother laughing. He did not know why and was not paying attention to who was speaking now. Alec?s mind drifted to the little he knew of how his mother had died. He kept wondering what the Tanaab flimsy and the possible pirate pin meant. The crew had been on Tanaab just prior to their trip to Kessel, but nothing had happened on Tanaab. The pirate group was the same group who had attempted a theft at Bilbringi, but Alec was not even sure the group knew who had foiled the attempt. Quessk had broadcast that they were New Republic and not many knew of the Nova Ray and its compliment of fighters and crew yet.

Alec lost his train of thought as he heard someone clear their throat. Alec looked up and saw Holter finishing his story, his voice was cracking and he looked tired. Alec?s stomach turned a tiny bit. He had never liked Holter and now seeing the man mourning Leanna made Alec dislike him even more. Alec had no idea why. Holter stepped back and everyone looked to Alec. Alec pressed a button on a remote and the urn sunk down into the case it had been resting on. Alec watched as the case grew in light and the urn began to look more and more like water flowing. Alec again smiled lightly. Asa can do some amazing things.

Alec pushed another button and Correllian Jazz filled the air. It was pure and moving and it signaled the end of the stories. Chen brought out bowls of food and Alec moved to talk with Quessk. Alec still had trouble reading the emotions from Quessk, but he could tell that the Quarren was tired.

?Alec, you picked wonderful music.? Quessk touched Alec?s shoulder.

Alec smiled. ?Mom got me hooked on Jazz early on. I think she may have put head phones on her stomach when she was carrying me.?

?I hate to ask you this on this day, but we will need to get going soon. How do you want to handle things??

Alec?s thoughts had been on this, just this morning. ?When we lift, we are returning to Tanaab. I canceled the few jobs we had and sent apologies to everyone.? Alec waited for Quessk to object. ?I learned a few things yesterday and I think we should follow up on them.?

?You mean the circumstances surrounding how the mine car went off course??

Alec frowned. ?How did you??

?Nein Numb talked to me last night.? Quessk said. ?He knew you were upset and wanted to make sure someone else knew, just in case.?

Alec found himself angry, but the logical part of his brain understood why the administrator had done what he had done. ?I want to know who did this.?

4. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Awwwwww, he dedicated a post to me! :D Lub u OWLC [face_love] Merry Christmas! :D

I can't wait for what happens on Tanaab. ;) [face_devil]

Jae Angel

5. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Ohh nice, love how Alec is becoming a man, or is forced into it. So it begins on Tanaab...why am I worried? ;)

6. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great post. The service seemed so perfect, everybody recalling their memories.

Alec's attitude bothers me. Suspicion seems dangerously close to the Dark Side, and he does have his heritage to consider.

But at least he's willing to move on, and not spend too much time brooding, or blaming somebody who couldn't have been involved (as Anakin Skywalker did when his mother died).

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

7. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    hey i just found this fic it looks really great.:D looking forward to starting it

MJSLSBS :D

8. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    whoa. finally i got away from the family, not that family is a bad thing. it's just a comforting thought that i don't live at my parents house anymore.

excellent post owlc and i swear i will not disapear like this when i'm back at school.

Jez

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Just another up for my pal! :D

Jae Angel

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Dude, where are you? And do we get another post soon? :p

Jae Angel

11. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Ok folks, here it is.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alec felt the Nova Ray slow as it reverted from hyperspace. His eyes opened and he lifted his head from the pillow. He looked around his mother?s room and sat up. Even as he sat up he could feel the book slipping from his chest and caught it. Exhaustion had taken him once more in these past few days. He had fallen asleep reading the pages again. Closing the book and he placed it in the drawer next to the bed. Slipping on his tunic on and he walked towards the door. The Ray had arrived at Tanaab.

Entering the hall he felt the Ray shift course. It was probably pulling into orbit and awaiting landing instructions. Alec moved forward towards the bridge his mind going through the mental checklist of things they needed to do once they landed. The Ray needed to take on supplies and he needed to contact some people. Alec also needed to pick up a few odds and ends.

As Alec entered the bridge he noticed the crew sitting at their stations in a somewhat somber mood. Since the death of his mother the crew had smiled little and the usual conversation on the bridge had come to a halt. Alec moved towards the captain?s chair and sat. He still felt uncomfortable sitting in the chair that was his mother?s, but he knew he needed to sit there. It was the proper place for him.

?We will be landing in 20 minutes.?

Alec turned towards Sai?ashia. ?Thanks Sai.? Alec turned the other way. ?How are things running Quessk??

?We arrived on schedule and Asa tells me everything is running smoothly.?

Alec stood from the chair. ?Ok folks, here is the deal. We will be on Tanaab for at least a day, maybe longer. If you have business you need to take care of, let Quessk know and then go take care of it. Ophalia, you are taking care of the supply pick up. Asa will be handling the sensor grid upgrade. Holter, you mentioned you needed to go catch up with someone.?

Holter nodded. ?I do. Alec, I know this won?t be the most popular topic to bring up, but with you now Captain some reorganization needs to occur.?

Alec had known the question would be coming. He had been taking care of duties his mother would normally do and trying to keep up with his own work also, but he was having trouble. ?You are talking about bringing on new crew, aren?t you??

Holter again nodded. ?Just one, if you approve. I am meeting him on Tanaab and he has a lot of shipping experience.?

Alec sighed. He looked to Quessk who looked back and nodded slightly. ?Let?s discuss it tonight Holter. I am pretty sure we will be here tomorrow morning. If we are I will meet with your guy tomorrow.?

?I will prepare a file on him for your review tonight.?

Alec nodded and sat back down in the chair. ?Let?s get down on the ground folks.?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alec sat in the comm room alone. He typed in the comm address and waited.

?Hello?? The man?s face was youthful, even though Alec knew him to be in his mid 30s.

?Major Janson, this is Alec Rianni.?

?I remember you. How are all your lovely female crew members??

Alec rolled his eyes and did not respond to the question. ?Major, my crew and I are back on Tanaab and I need to ask a favor.?

?What can I do for you, my young man? An autographed holo perhaps??

?Major Janson, my mother was killed four days ago and I have reason to believe her death was not by accident.?

The man?s face changed from jovial to sad. Alec would have sworn the man not capable of the look, but Wes Janson had just lost his smile. ?I am sorry to hear that Alec. What can I do to help??

?Major Janson, I believe a pirate group had something to do with my mother?s death. I was wondering if there are any particular pirate groups that work in this region of space??

?First off, call me Wes. Second, I wouldn?t know too much, but I still have some pull around here. Let me ask some questions and perhaps we can meet later on.?

Alec nodded. ?We are docked at the Raliquit Landing Bay. How long do you need to ask your questions??

Wes thought for a moment. ?I need about two hours. There is a caf

12. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Ohh good post, loved Wes and Hobbie in it. NRI...hmm, Iella maybe? Winter? (least I THINK they were in it ;))

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I know who's coming next. ;) Yay for Wes and Hobbie! :D That's funny how Wes isn't allowed to drive the speeder. ;) Poor guy. :p

Jae Angel

14. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Things seem slow. Guess I gotta up this.

OWLC

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    This needs another up. ;) :D

Jae Angel

16. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    I love it when she ups me. :D

OWLC

17. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    *pokes* Up again? ;)

Jae Angel

18. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    She just ups me in the right spot. Gotta love a woman with experience. :D

OWLC

19. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Whew! *wipes sweat from forehead* Finally got myself all caught up :p ;)

Great work OWlc! I can't wait for the next update (especially since it looks like w/ the bad weather on the way I will have free time this week! Yay!) :D

~JPS~

20. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    *opens door and takes a peek* No post *starts crying* :_|

UP!

21. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    *wipes away tears*

I've caught up, OWLC! :D Please don't spank me. :p

I love how Alec is taking on responsibility and finally becoming a man. And now he knows about his daddy; hopefully, he'll follow in his footsteps. Wes and Hobbie sound like they could be the cause of some troubles...and I want to smack Holter so bad! *smacks*

So, when's the next post, dear OWLC? ;)

22. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    I appologize profusely for how late this is. Let's just say real life got in the way. But I am writing again and have time to get this story moving again.

This post goes out to my awesome Beta. You may not be the debauchery queen anymore, but you are a queen in my book hun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alec stood just off of the landing pad, watching the freighter land. It looked dilapidated and yet never wavered as it set down. The engines were strong, and though it had spots of rust, it was merely cosmetic. He looked over at Wes, who was almost hopping with glee. Wes claimed not to know who would be showing up from the NRI, but somehow Alec knew Wes had a good idea just who was on that ship.

?If you keep moving like that, someone is going to think you need to use the fresher.?

?One of the people on that ship is supposed to have a present for me.? The glint in Wes? eyes had Alec wondering what trouble was ensuing.

?Well, the ramp is lowering. I'm sure you will have it soon enough.?

Alec watched the ramp as it struck the ground and saw two very large feet marching down it. The man connected to those feet was as tall as Alec and a bit broader in the shoulders. He could easily be the definition most women would use to describe tall, dark, and handsome. The man walking down behind him was shorter with a goatee and shaved head. He held a case in his hands with a bright pink bow attached.

?Yes! It?s here.? Wes looked like he was about to run at the two men.

The smaller man walked up to Wes and handed him the case. ?I had to burn a few favors for this. My slicer told me if I ever had him break into Wedge?s office again, there would be hell to pay.?

Alec looked confused as Wes opened the case and a ratty old stuffed animal was brought out. ?I'm gonna put this in Hobbie?s bed tonight!? Wes cackled as he danced around.

Alec looked at the taller man as he approached. ?Is he going insane?? he asked.

?No more insane than he already is,? the taller man said as he stood in front of Alec. ?Wes, put that thing away and introduce us.?

Wes reluctantly stopped dancing, but did not put the stuffed animal away. ?Alec, the tall one here is named Kell Tainer and the shorter one over there is Garik Loran.?

The taller man nodded, while the shorter man bowed in a flourish like he had just finished a play. Alec was about to grasp the hand of Kell when he recognized the name Wes had just said. ?The Face??

Garik ?Face? Loran nodded and smiled. ?I'm surprised someone of your age knows my name.?

?My mother often told me how sad she found it that you never had a chance to make any holos that could truly show your acting talents.?

Face reached up, touching a spot on his face. ?Something I realized a bit too late.?

Alec finally reached out and grasped Kell?s hand. ?Thank you for coming.?

?When Wes Janson calls, one always comes running.? Kell stated as he looked over at Wes. ?Or sometimes runs as far away as possible.?

Wes looked at Kell. ?I will get you back for that one, but introductions are not done yet.?

Alec looked around wondering who else he was going to be introduced too. ?Is there a third NRI agent here, under cloaking??

?Oh no, but you must meet Lieutenant Kettch.? Wes held out what Alec realized was a stuffed Ewok wearing a Republic uniform and Lieutenant Insignia. ?Huh.? Wes said. ?I would have figured Wedge would have promoted him by now.?

Alec shook his head. ?Now I know you're mad.?

Kell smiled and put his arm around Alec?s shoulders. ?You would have to be, to do what we do.?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

?So, you have returned.?

Spenrath felt his skin crawl and yet tingle at the same time. If he could he would describe the woman?s voice as both pleasing and yet scary. ?I told you I would.?

?I see you have obtained everything we agreed upon. When will my ships be fully equipped??

Spenrath smiled as he moved towards her. The hue of her skin was slowly becoming pink. ?Within four days you will have enough ships to raid any ship you want and take what i

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Aye, sorry for not popping in here sooner! [face_blush] Of course, you already know what I think. ;) Yay for brawls, even if they don't solve anything! :D

Jae Angel

24. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Yay! A post, OWLC! :D I like Kettch. Heheh! ;)

And Alex is still learning. Brawls aren't the best. Although I found Alex fighting and being insulted slightly humorous (I am in a silly mood). :p When's more?

25. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    I hope to post again by friday. I also hope to really get this story going. Thanks for the happy you two i needed it tonight.

OWLC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.