main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Path Of Your Own Choosing - OT AU - L/H, L/M, OB1, Padme, more - On Hiatus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    And don't worry, I'm not Jes wink .
    What's that supposed to mean? :p
    *hugs Tycho*

Let me say again how much I love you inserting Wedge into Luke's ANH role here... :)

?Chewie, get us out of here!? she heard Solo yell as he ran down the corridor, followed by the distinct hissing noise of the ramp shutting.
    Still same old Leia...she's taking charge real quick.

More like a solider than a Sith Apprentice, Luke thought as he blocked another swipe aimed at his mid-section. Their lightsabers became locked at the hilt in a pushing match of defense and offense. More effective too.
    I liked this a lot...
    And, as usual, your fight scenes are wonderful!

?Or bounce too close to a supernova. I know the drill.?
    *loves Wedge* Like that he mouthed back at Han

I loved your writing of Tarkin's thoughts - and his ambitions. He always impressed me in that he could reign Vader in.

I also loved Luke's thoughts...nice job!

Jes

2. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Nice job reworking the scenes where the Falcon leaves Tatooine. I'm also interested to hear more about this Sith you've come up with. Sounds like he has the potential to be a good villain.

Anakin was beginning to come back from the Dark Side, but the ground shook and broke apart. Anakin fell to his death.

Was this woman any different? Obi-Wan had helped raise Anakin and was practically a father to the young man. Luke didn?t even know this stranger.

Luke could practically hear the voice of Obi-Wan lecturing him. What kind of Jedi would one be if they became selective in who they helped?

?Well, Skywalker,? Luke said to himself as he reattached his lightsaber to his belt. ?You wanted to be a Jedi. It?s about time you started acting like one.?

A very Luke moment if that makes any sense. Of course, she's probably going to try and kill him when she comes to in spite of everything.

And if you're taking requests, I'm always up to see Corran popping up. I like that guy. And Yoda. Always want more Yoda.

3. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    WOOHOO!!!!!!

Snags Third Reply!!!!

I printed the update and will take it along on errands and most likely read and analyze in carpool line...and then will 'edit' long and meaningful reply into this space...

But in regards to your little cameo challenge...I'd love to see you try to get Tahiri in here some how. And before you say...'Uh, Preggers, this story takes place too far in the past to squeeze her in...' I'd like to remind you that this is AU and I have not specified an age or form...

Hey...you asked!

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    RedGold: Hey... good job!

So, we have Winter and Leia impersonating Luke and Artoo, Leia acting in a way which strongly suggests she's Kenobi's daughter, a new Sith Lord (who?!), and what sounds a lot like the beginnings of L/M...

I like! :D

And, who do I want to see? Ben Kenobi, for one... hmm... let me see... Padme you have covered... Sabé? Mace? Vergere?! :D

Hmm... entirely up to you. Hum. JABBA! :p :D [face_laugh]

- The Imperial Ewok

5. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Great Chap RG!

6. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Looking good. My favorite scenes have already appeared. The Cantina, I love that scene in the original trilogy. An interesting take on what could have happened. I like it. You know, I've always wondered what would happen if Vader survived ROTJ. Anyone know someone who wrote that?

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! Cameo please??? Please put the Kelownan with the mad learning skills in.

Inside joke: Ah... delicious freon...

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks for the PM. You write wonderful action scenes. Luke and Mara's battle was great. Of course he's not going to be heartless and let her be smeltered.

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hmm [face_thinking]

Interesting chapter ;) Especially liked the way you wrote Luke and Mara's battle.

And talking about the cameos: Well maybe ... Yoda! :D I'd love to see him in here!

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    ?Once we make the jump.? This came from the kid?s sister.

Didn't Wedge say in the Cantina that Leia was his girlfriend. Or was that Winter?

10. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    ?What?s that flashing?? The girl pointed at the console.
    I'm glad you didn't have Wedge say this line. I just can't quite picture it.. although, I suppose he wouldn't have had to say it with quite the farmboy tone.

?No, I don?t buy their story either. No way you?re going to tell me that those two are related. They look nothing alike.?
    [face_laugh] I thought this line was hilarious. You know...because Wedge and Leia look a lot more alike than Luke and Leia.

Great postie, enjoying this fic very much.

Oh...have I mentioned in Jes's fics that I like Hobbie...just thought I'd remind you...no real reason...

11. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    *wipes cookie crumbs from her face* Er...I have no idea what you're talking about. Hey! Look over there! *grabs more cookies and runs*

O:)

Kat

12. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I thought the line about Wedge and Leia looking nothing alike was funny, too. :p I always thought Luke and Leia looked nothing alike... but it was a good thing GL decided to pick an actor who looked a bit like Luke and make Padme resemble Leia a little. :D (maybe Wedge and Leia are cousins! [face_laugh] )

Great post. Wonderful action stuff, too.

13. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!! I really love it Red. You know I don't like the there-is-more-than-one-Hand-thing, but you made Mara special and I like that...
    Oh my stars, Luke is such a noble farmboy... he has to be careful. Mara is beautiful, intelligent and deadly (I can't help it, I love this line)... :p

14. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    BAH! LUKE! What have we told you about picking up random female Imperials up off the side of the road that you knocked them out on!?!

Wait...did we warn him of that? ::looks at checklist:: No! I didn't. ::kicks self::

Oh well. Out of my hands now. ;)

Great post RedGold!

And we're not at War-war...just...bah. It's not war. :p

15. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Jes - What's that supposed to mean? - Um, nothing. :D

Still same old Leia...she's taking charge real quick.
    Yeppers! She's going to be taking a lot after her mother!

And, as usual, your fight scenes are wonderful!
    Aww, thanks! [face_blush]

*loves Wedge* Like that he mouthed back at Han
    It just seemed like the the right thing to write! :D :p

I loved your writing of Tarkin's thoughts - and his ambitions. He always impressed me in that he could reign Vader in.
    Same here. Esp when you watch ANH and Tarkin pretty much does have Vader on a leash.

Jedi BMK - I'm also interested to hear more about this Sith you've come up with. Sounds like he has the potential to be a good villain.
    Oh, don't worry. You will hear more of him! [face_mischief]

A very Luke moment if that makes any sense.
    Makes a lot of sense and was exactly what I was going for! :)

Of course, she's probably going to try and kill him when she comes to in spite of everything.
    Yeah, that's kinda a given, huh. :p

I'm always up to see Corran popping up.
    Let me see what I can do...

preggers - I printed the update and will take it along on errands and most likely read and analyze in carpool line...and then will 'edit' long and meaningful reply into this space...
    Why does that scare me? [face_worried]

I'd love to see you try to get Tahiri in here some how. And before you say...'Uh, Preggers, this story takes place too far in the past to squeeze her in...' I'd like to remind you that this is AU and I have not specified an age or form...
    Um, well... *blinks*
    Let me get back to you on that one.

da Ewok - So, we have Winter and Leia impersonating Luke and Artoo, Leia acting in a way which strongly suggests she's Kenobi's daughter, a new Sith Lord (who?!), and what sounds a lot like the beginnings of L/M...
    I love how you analyze things, no really, I do. :p

Vergere?!
    Oh... I am SO tempted... [face_devil]

StarFighter5 - Great Chap RG! - Thanks! :)

LordInferno - You know, I've always wondered what would happen if Vader survived ROTJ. Anyone know someone who wrote that?
    There are a thousand fics out there like that, but I can't think of one off the top. Go look in the completed stories index for Beyond the Saga.

Ah... delicious freon...
    [face_laugh]

RebelMom - You write wonderful action scenes. Luke and Mara's battle was great.
    Thanks! :)

Of course he's not going to be heartless and let her be smeltered.
    Yeah, that's our Luke. [face_love]

LaYa - Interesting chapter ;)
    You scare me sometimes... [face_worried] :p
    Thanks! :D

Spike2002 - Didn't Wedge say in the Cantina that Leia was his girlfriend. Or was that Winter?
    We've already discussed your lazyiness on AIM so :p :D

SweetPea - I'm glad you didn't have Wedge say this line. I just can't quite picture it.. although, I suppose he wouldn't have had to say it with quite the farmboy tone.
    Yeah, I just couldn't see it either.

I thought this line was hilarious. You know...because Wedge and Leia look a lot more alike than Luke and Leia.
    Keep that in mind for a few chapters down the line... [face_devil]

Oh...have I mentioned in Jes's fics that I like Hobbie...just thought I'd remind you...no real reason...
    No reason at all? Okay. I'll take Hobbie off the list then. [face_devil]

Kat

Yeah... looks like I'm going to be backing cookies all night now...

GreatOne - I thought the line about Wedge and Leia looking nothing alike was funny, too.
    Oh, just wait... [face_devil]

maybe Wedge and Leia are cousins!
    Hey, in SW you never know! :eek:

Jadie - You know I don't like the there-is-more-than-one-Hand-thing, but you made Mara special and I like that...
    Mara is always special! She's the only character I can really write! :(

Oh my stars, Luke is such a noble farmboy... he has to be careful. Mara is beautiful, intelligent and deadly (I can't help it, I love this lin

16. Darth_Neosakid

Darth_Neosakid Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
    great job reddy.....should have been posting on your stuff earlier....but hey...busy updating my website with your stuff :p

17. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    We've already discussed your lazyiness on AIM so :p :D

Meh :p

18. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Neo - great job reddy.....should have been posting on your stuff earlier....but hey...busy updating my website with your stuff :p

Which I do appreciate! Nice to see you back in the writing business!

Spike - *waves* :p

Chapter 3

Mara Jade regained consciousness but didn?t move or open her eyes. Feeling with the Force she knew she wasn?t alone. Skywalker wasn?t very far away. He had beaten her. He pulled a dirty trick, but he had beaten her. So why was she still alive?

But of course, he?s playing the part of the noble Jedi. The idiot.

Taking a quick survey of herself she realized that she had been undressed and laying on her cloak. Her tunic, trousers and boots were gone leaving her in her underclothes, a supportive tank top and shorts. The distinctive healing sensations of bacta patches were dotted along her skin.

He?d regret healing her when she runs him through with her lightsaber.

She could sense the presence of her lightsaber not very far from her, down to the left of her feet. Skywalker was just a couple of meters to her left as well. Trying not to alert him to her waking presence she brushed against him slightly with her mind. It was just enough to see that he had his back to her. If she timed this just right?

Rolling to her feet she drastically cut the distance between her and Skywalker. She called the lightsaber to her as she saw that Skywalker was hunched over a little campfire, messing with something. Not wasting any time that he could use to react she rushed up behind him. Grabbing him around the chest with her left arm she pressed the hilt of the lightsaber against his throat.

?Don?t move, don?t think.? Mara fingered the on-switch.

?Dinner??

?Huh?? Mara managed to keep herself steady, but couldn?t stop from blurting out her confusion.

?I?m making me some dinner.? Skywalker held up a bowl that was in his hand. Mara saw a portable cooking pot on the fire. No wonder his backpack was giving him a rough time if he was carrying all that in it. ?Do you want some??

?I?d rather kill you,? she shot back.

?Then why haven?t you?? he asked as if he was ordering another cup of caf and started to stir the soup in the pot.

?Maybe I like to see the terror in my victim?s eyes before I slaughter them?? she said menacingly.

?No,? he said thoughtfully and poured the liquid into the bowl. ?No, I don?t think that?s it. Soup??

?What is your obsession with the soup?? Mara finally snapped.

?I know your type. You?re not going to just cut me down. You?re too honorable for that.? He shrugged her off to stand and Mara took a step back. ?Instead you?ll try to goad me into a fight so that you can kill me that way.?

Skywalker turned and faced her and she became very annoyed. He was right. Years of quiet assassinations for her master had left her in a strange quandary regarding death. The men she was ordered to kill never got the chance to defend their life. At some point she had made the unconscious decision to give that chance to everyone else she fought. She didn?t know why she made the decision. She only knew that it seemed the right thing to do, or at least the less wrong thing.

A few swipes at him with her lightsaber and he would soon be properly defending himself. She hit the activation switch. Nothing happened.

?It broke in the fall.? He leaned down and picked up a spoon, placing it in the bowl.

?Then I?ll just have to kill you with my bare hands,? Mara growled.

?You?ve been wounded, not properly rested, and I would bet you?re starving too. If you want to fight me, fine, but not in this state.? He held the bowl out to her. ?It can wait.?

Mara didn?t need rest, or food. She could take him in whatever condition she was in. However, she was curious as to what game this Jedi was trying to play. It might prove beneficial for her to play along, for now.

Exaggerating frustration, she snatched the bowl out of his hand and looked for a place to sit. They were tucked back between two older industrial

19. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    He?d regret healing her when she runs him through with her lightsaber.
    So, so, SO Mara

?Maybe I like to see the terror in my victim?s eyes before I slaughter them?? she said menacingly.

?No,? he said thoughtfully and poured the liquid into the bowl. ?No, I don?t think that?s it. Soup??

[face_laugh] Loved this!!

?I will become something more powerful then you could possibly imagine.?

Images of the other Darth?s formed in her mind. Most were more machine now than man, twisted and evil.

You work the movie lines in here so well...even when you're not sticking to the plot direction of the films

Skywalker spoke of the Jedi being weak, even though he claimed himself among them. He fights for the Rebels, something she knew the Jedi High Council was not pleased about. The elder Skywalker had been similarly disobedient to the High Council and Palpatine found him easy to turn to the Dark Side.

Mara grinned and stirred the soup in her bowl. Perhaps two could play this game.

Mara's being bad!!!

?It is when it?s done because of a dare by a prankster of a pilot.?

Wes!! [:D]

Nice!!

Jes

EDIT: First again!

20. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Excellent post. Already on your way to the love/hate relationship between Luke and Mara from the looks of it. And I like how Han isn't stupid and knows just who he is dealing with. Of course, now we have a planet about to go boom.

But of course, he?s playing the part of the noble Jedi. The idiot.

Sounds about right. A noble idiot, but an idiot nonetheless. :p

?And when you do you will loose a part of yourself, either physically, mentally or emotionally.? Grim sadness formed in his eyes. ?You?ll stop being you, and become something? horrible.?

I love this line. Very telling in just how warped someone becomes when they choose to be a Sith.

More soon? :D

21. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    RedGold: a supportive tank top and shorts...

One for the fanboys? :D [face_laugh]

I liked the echoes of Yoda/Luke in Luke/Mara - seemed to me that it was pitched somewhere between there and Westley/Buttercup... :D

Good characterization, though - I could really see them - it felt like a younger Mara and a young Farmboy...

And Tarkin with his "fine point" - just the right frisson of chill...

Still enjoying this... ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

22. Darth_Neosakid

Darth_Neosakid Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm really diggin Leia as the Obi-Wan type of ANH...Luke seems a bit calmer and alot less whiny...definately +

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Excellent job Red. Especially the Mara/Luke interaction.

24. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Mara is efficient, nothing else. If she worked for the Rebels first, she would be efficient too, though maybe a little more compassionate. Just a little more.

I can imagine Mara saying this: Payback's a bitch, and so am I.

25. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    I'll try not to eat too many cookies while I'm here ;)

I like the interplay between the characters. This is really shaping up to be interesting!

Kat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.