main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Path Of Your Own Choosing - OT AU - L/H, L/M, OB1, Padme, more - On Hiatus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I wonder what sort of role Mara will play in the battle...

2. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    whew!! This is so exciting, can't wait to see the rest!

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Ok RedGold, I'm glad you mentioned that you were posting this story here, and I'd really like it if you'd update this, pretty please? This is quite a gripping story you have going here!

4. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Dang this is so tense JayCee!!! You gotta update please!

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat and really want to know what happens!

Please add me to the pm list too!

TnTornado

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I wonder what will happen if Mara and Luke meet up. . .

and AWESOME that Mara stopped Vree's like that. . .

6. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    tasujad - You know, I considered a job in television... :p
    And sure thing, I should start Union soon!

Feng_Huang - Thanks! I like the original but there often the problem with tv/film that you can't see the thoughts of the characters. As for Mara, well, maybe there is a little hope for her yet? O:) nah [face_devil]

AG88 - Thanks, but now the question is why did she? [face_thinking] And yes, the fight should be fun!

Kidan - Thanks! And more soon, probably a day or two!

ccp - Thanks! :D

riansage - As I told Feng, sometimes I wish we could see a person's thoughts while the scene is playing out. And thanks, I always thought Carbon!Han was very artistic...

Jade_eyes - Thanks, and it should be fun when Luke shows up... can he take on all four?

ginchy - Let's just say... there will be sparks... [face_devil]

Spike - Thanks! And yes, it is someone you know... [face_devil] and I won't tell... yet... :D :p

DaenaBenjen42 - At least he learns his lesson... abeit the hard way... ;)

JediFalcon - Thanks!! Should update this week!

Golden_Jedi - Yes, but I'm sticking to canon, so you don't have to worry too much... but then, this is me... [face_devil]

MirandaFair - Thank you! I wanted to go into the feelings rather than just doing a rehash of the scene, you don't get enough of the feelings in the movie, but such is the medium. And yes, fireworks ahead!

SWpants666 - I always wondered why she elected to give him that snog then when she was so admament about not giving any except for that moment on the falcon, so this is why my romantic mind came up... what George or the director was actually thinking... who knows.

jade51999 - Yes, I always said I'd make a sequel... and here it comes! As for this story, I hope it lives up to the expectation. On second though, I hope both stories do!

JadeLotus - There is definately going to be a little shaking going on... and fighting... and wounds... and lost limbs... [face_whistling]

Davedrag - You want look frozen? :eek: hhhmmm [face_thinking]

Katarina42 - Hansicle, I love that term!! And who says Luke only fights one of them?

SpiritofEowyn - Mara being good... maybe... could just be a ploy... depends on how evil i'm feeling... :D

Peagis - Thanks, and what Spike said. :p

JEDIFLYSWATTER - This battle I hope will be interesting, and mara will have her role to play... ;)

StarFighter5 - All I can say is that Mara will not say "We can rule together as husband and wife." [face_whistling]

AvenKiel - That's what I want to hear! New post soon!

MagnusPrimal - Cheater! :p Glad your are still enjoying it. I'll update soon!

TnTornado - Dont' fall off your seat! I'll be updating really soon, hopefully we can release some of this tension!

maramijade - They will meet at one point... now which one will it be? hhhmmm...

Okay, I got half this done, I kinda got stuck at the action scene once the fighting actually starts. I've just not been in a mood to write action, instead fluff and romance, so at least you know I have worked on Union's Shadow but that doesn't help much... :( sorry. Anyway, I should be able to get some work tonight and have it finished... I got a bit of the itch this afternoon but I'm at work. Let's hope it holds!

But you do realize no writing till after tonight's new episode of 'A Town Called Eureka' or just 'Eureka' to you US folks... :p

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    lol

Television does put a bit of hindrance on the writing time ;) no worries i'm anticipating the new tv season...so i'm trying to get my latest piece done and out of the way :)

Looking forward to more!

8. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    jade51999 - Well, none of my shows except Eureka have started... but come October... i'll be glued... :p

Well, here is it, the scene most of you have been waiting for... I hope it's worth the wait!

Chapter 28

After Luke was allowed to land, he quickly powered down and ejected Artoo from its compartment, using the Force to quickly get both to the ground and on their way across the landing platform. No one had come to greet them, in fact, the whole city seemed overly quiet.

What worried him was the fact that Leia's Force presence was muted, not gone, not masked, just muted. She wasn't hurt, he could tell that much, thankfully.

Walking through the first set of hallways it was bluntly apparent that if there was normally traffic through the area, it had been cleared for him. Basically he was set up, by who, he had his guesses. He unclasped his blaster for easy draw, and unhooked his lightsaber from his belt.

"Come on, Artoo," he waved at his little droid, a small tweet his reply. "This is where the fun begins."

Leia was trying to form a plan, but thanks to the collar, she wasn't sure how to take on armed guards and a dark side user while cuffed and her abilities muted. The bounty hunter was leading the group, Han being floated behind him on repulsors like some captured prize, and he would prove as difficult to stop as well as a Dark Side user.

Glancing over at Jade, Leia tried to figure the woman out. This was a female Hand of Palpatine, one who was obviously skilled and there was a report between her and the others, showing that she had been around for some time. Yet no one had ever heard of her, or of any female Hands in general.

She wanted to reach out and gauge Jade's own Force presence, but with the collar, she had to go by what she saw. The woman had the most vivid green eyes she had ever seen, despite the fact that most dark users? eyes and features had a tendency to dull or yellow. Jade had also defended her against Vrees, but it could have just been from her own fear of a mass reprisal by Palpatine.

If this was true, how did the woman know Vrees had entered her cell? She was there for no reason, not like Elu who was returning Han. A part of her wondered if the woman was watching out, knowing what Vrees is like, but she doubted Jade would be very forthcoming if she broached the subject with her.

After they passed the same hallways for a second time, Leia came to a revelation. ?We?re going around in circles.?

?Yes,? Lando, who had quietly been part of the procession, answered.

?How else are we to lead Skywalker?? Jade added.

?You underestimate him,? Leia shot back.

?Probably,? the woman laughed, ?but he is still predictable.?

?Maybe not as predictable as you think,? she retorted.

Jade looked over at her, ?Perhaps you overestimate him??

?He?s my brother,? Leia held her chin up.

?And yet,? Jade replied sadly, ?you know him so little.?

Had Leia not been being pushed along by the guards, she would have stopped dead at the severity of the other woman?s words. There was something she was missing here, something important that begged her to take notice, but she just couldn?t focus on it.

As they passed through an open area of hallway, Leia felt her brother more clearly than ever, and glanced over to her left only seconds before he was noticed by the other guards and Stormtroopers who started to fire. She could see her brother duck behind the door frame just in time.

?Luke!? she yelled, starting to make a move, but found her body being dragged across the hall by Jade, Chewie being dragged by several troopers himself. Left with nothing else to do, she yelled, ?Luke, don?t, it?s a trap! It?s a trap!?

They quickly passed through a split hallway and were pushed through a door, which Jade had Lando seal, presumably to cause Luke to be herded to the other door which led towards the Carbon Freezing Chamber.

?We?ll have to take the long way around to the shuttles,? Jade informed the guards, then turned to t

9. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Excellent update! That was action packed.

Mara really used the wrong argument with Luke. I mean, he is so pure and good, offering him power is not going to sway my Farmboy. This is what she should have said:

[i]?Luke, join me and we can rule the galaxy as husband and wife!?

?Wife,? Luke gasps. He gazes longingly at the sultry Emperor?s Hand with the luscious red-gold hair framing her beautiful face with the deepest, greenest, emerald eyes he has ever laid eyes on. His gaze goes down and follows the sensuous curves of her incredible body seductively wrapped in a skin tight leather body suit.

He gulped. ?Did you say, wife??

Mara nodded yes.

?Alright!? Luke exclaims as he grabs her hand.

Then the Force ghost of his father shows up. ?Luke! She?s Sith!?

Luke turns to the apparition of Anakin Skywalker. ?But Dad, she?s HOT!?

?Luke, my head was once turned by a beautiful woman and what did it get me? A lava bath, that?s what. Now that?s HOT.?

Then the shimmering image of Yoda appeared. ?With the Sith, you must not go!? Yoda warned.

Luke cocked his head in confusion. ?Wait, you?re not dead.? He shook his head, ?Whatever? just look at her Yoda. How can I turn that down.?

Yoda gazes at the incredibly beautiful Mara Jade.

?Hmmm powerfully sexy she is, powerfully sexy." Yoda admits.

?Okay, it is settled,? Luke says as he takes Mara?s hand and they go off kill the emperor and live happily ever after.[/i]
    :p

You know me, I just want them getting together as quickly as possible. ;)

Very nice work!!

AG88

10. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    That was a great post RedGold!

powerful emotions, and lots an lots of fun.

AG88 - [face_laugh]=D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was great!!! Luke handled himself well against all the Sithly crew. Too bad he lost his hand anyway. :(
    Very interesting to see this play out without a startling revelation ("I am your father" ;) ) [face_laugh]
    So ... Luke turned down Mara's offer. Not surprised.
    Now, if she'd phrased things like AG88 phrased in her reply, then what? Heee!
    I hope Luke makes it, though Leia's Force potency is being stifled and that makes a rescue kinda tricky. [face_worried]
    So ... I wonder what L/M's next meeting will be like?
    This is OT, but when Union's Shadow starts, could I get a PM? @};- :D

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I loved Luke's little switch in the carbonite chamber. Mara's little offer just wasn't the right one... I think AG88's would have had a better impact :p Still, Mara isn't ready to make that kind of offer.

Let's hope Leia gets the collar off so she can find Luke.

13. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    JayCee,

FINALLY!!!! Awesome update!!!

I've been waiting for this for a while, I can't wait for you to post more, this is one of my favorite storys, and I can't wait to find out the rest!

TnTornado

14. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I love how Mara was confusing Leia :D

Gathering the Force inside him, he pushed away from the ground to summersault out of the hole, right over Vrees head. The Sith had no time to react as Luke came down behind him, throwing out his leg to kick the man square in the back, sending him into the hole. There was a loud hiss as smoke started to fill the chamber.

:) It's good to see a Luke who knows what he's doing

And I agree with AG88's version ;)

Though, I'm very interested to see how you lead this through

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Oooh, great fight Red :D

But gah! You're still keeping the mystery as to who Elu and Vrees are :(

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    ?Luke,? Mara pleaded, ?please.?

He looked up into her eyes, the lust for power evident just behind the beauty. With a sigh, he could only hope his sister was strong enough to survive his mistakes. ?It?s a path I can?t follow??

:eek:

That is just perfection, gal! Excellent tie-in to the title, and a moment we've all been waiting for! Love how Mara tried to pull him back in... Wow! Great, excellent work, lady!

And, AG88--too funny! [face_laugh]

17. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Aww damnit. On the one hand, go Luke for not giving in. On the other hand- uh... haha, on the other side of things, I would have liked to see Luke go a little crazy and then have Leia and Han rescue him!!

18. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Wonderful job of taking the events of ESB and combining your characters and plot into a tale that keeps the reader interested. That can be a very difficult task to acheive. That Mara sure threw a little bone to Leia and maybe did not even realize what she did. Knowing dear Mara and how she loves to keep everyone off balanced, she did it out of cruelity for Leia plus deep feelings for Luke.[face_mischief] She also needs to watch her back with those nasty Dark Jedi around. Good job and thanks!=D= @};-

19. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    ?He?s my brother,? Leia held her chin up.
    ?And yet,? Jade replied sadly, ?you know him so little.?
    Had Leia not been being pushed along by the guards, she would have stopped dead at the severity of the other woman?s words. There was something she was missing here, something important that begged her to take notice, but she just couldn?t focus on it.

Luke got some serious explainig to do [face_laugh]

Or maybe not all was lost, he just needed to have faith in her.

Thing aren't always easy [face_shame_on_you]

"Nice to see you too," Vrees ignited his own red saber, a feral grin on his face, "but not as nice as seeing your sister again."

bad guys always talk to much [face_laugh]

Gathering the Force inside him, he pushed away from the ground to summersault out of the hole, right over Vrees head. The Sith had no time to react as Luke came down behind him, throwing out his leg to kick the man square in the back, sending him into the hole. There was a loud hiss as smoke started to fill the chamber.
    ?Impressive,? a voice came from behind him and he turned around, saber at the ready.
    ?Katarn,? Luke grumbled, knowing that the man was a better fighter than Vrees.
    ?It?s Darth Nitirus now,? the older man gritted his teeth, ?and for doing that to Vrees I think I owe you a favor, so I?ll make this as painless as possible.?

Doing good deeds to Sith?? [face_laugh] Well be nice to the people even if they are Sith [face_laugh]

Without waiting for confirmation, the Hand left, her strides quick and forced down the hall. Could she really be the woman that Luke had been dreaming about? If it was, what was Luke doing with one of Palpatine?s Hands, kissing her no less? The implications varied from the benign to the horrific.

Kissing ain't so bad, she's hot??:confused: Man got to do what man got to do [face_laugh][face_laugh]

The searing pain shot through his body before natural numbness settled in as he looked over to see the stump that used to be his hand.

Nice to see that you used cannon a lot, makes better reading=D=

His tear stained eyes fluttered open, blurred against the light but the unmistakable image of Mara Jade floated in front of him until he blinked a few times. She was leaning under the railing, one hand gripping the support, the other reaching out for him. ?Here, take my hand.?
    ?No,? Luke shook his head and pouted almost like a child. She was the enemy, and she had rejected him completely, they weren?t even friends anymore.

You can't dump a guy in love and then ask him to trust to help him[face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you]

?You could be Emperor, Skywalker,? she almost shouted, ?you could rule, bring peace to the Empire, rule it the way it should be ruled.?
    With just as iron a fist as Palpatine,? he spat.
    ?The power is there for you,? she pleaded, stretching her hand farther out for him to be able to grasp, ?you only need to take it. It?s so easy for you.?
    ?Too easy,? he sighed, knowing that to take her up on her offer would be to surrender to the Dark Side.
    Perhaps if he did this, just enough to get himself out of the situation, and protect his sister, then he could take care of the Emperor. He was strong, as strong as his father. Perhaps being Emperor wouldn?t be a bad thing. All the changes he could make, he could make things right, they way they should be.
    ?Luke,? Mara pleaded, ?please.?
    He looked up into her eyes, the lust for power evident just behind the beauty. With a sigh, he could only hope his sister was strong enough to survive his mistakes. ?It?s a path I can?t follow??
    With those words he let go of tower and let his body plummet, Mara?s screaming following him as he paid the price for failure.

Jep i liked AG88 version a LOT better [face_worried]
    [face_worried]

anyway nice update JC, IF Leia gonna save Luke then his gotta helluva explaining to do Leia, Padme, obiwan and so on...

Hormones

20. riansage

riansage Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    I loved how Leia found out. Now, if she does rescue Luke per canon, he'll have a lot of explaining to do. I wonder if he'll remember Mara's screaming as he fell as a sign that she does care for him. Great update! Can you add me to the PM list? Thanks.

21. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Four against one? Not fair! :_|

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    :eek: Oh wow... really, wow.

Mara: pretty sure she loves him, yes, or she wouldn't have said "husband and wife" as a bargaining chip ([face_praying] get them together get them together get them together [face_praying] ) when trying to convince him to come with her.

Well done, RedGold. :)

23. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    The alternate version was cute ;)

As for the real post--excellent. Still lost the hand, and the betrayal was still by someone he was growing to love...

My favorite lines?

"It's a trap," she had yelled, and his only mental reply had been 'you think?'

LOL I'm glad you made this Luke actually acknowledge that...

I also like the Luke, Why didn't you tell me part--b/c its very similar to the Ben, Why didn't you tell me from the OT!

Awesome!

:)

24. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    "Powerfully sexy she is!"

LMAO! [face_laugh]

25. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    that was a powerful post and I can't wait for more

Thread Status: