Saga A Path Of Your Own Choosing - OT AU - L/H, L/M, OB1, Padme, more - On Hiatus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
  2. DRS Jedi Knight

star 1
    And here's a fifth vote! *Grins*

Seriously, please update soon!

.:}\DRS/{:.
  3. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    AG88 - I think my readers liked your version more than mine! :(
    Oh well, I thought it was pretty funny myself... maybe in a different story? ooo... plot bunnies!

Kidan - Thanks! One thing I love about ROTJ is the emotional aspect of it, and it all hinges on this moment in ESB.

Jade_eyes - I needed Luke to loose his hand... because I'm evil and vindictive... ;)
    As for L/M's next meeting... well... it's gonna be canon.. i can tell you that much... so which part of ROTJ? [face_whistling]

RebelMom - You'd be surprised what Mara can offer atm, she's a sneaky one that... and so is Palpatine... but yeah, AG88 had it right :D

TnTornado - Woah, you think I don't update that often... oh... wait... [face_blush]
    One more movie left to go!

SWpants666 - Well, in this, Luke has had more training than Canon!Luke, so I figure a few fancy moves and Vrees gets what everyone has been hoping for ;)

Spike2002 - But of course... and the question is... will I ever reveal?? MMUUWWWAAAHAHAHAHA [face_devil]

ginchy - Thanks!!! Though sorry, no moment of ginchy-shine, unless you want to AU my AU and he accepts? hhmmmmmm

AvenKiel - Oh, that's a bad pun... but I laughed anyway. [face_laugh] I'm a bad person. :p
    And yeah, that would be cool, but unfortunately I have to stick to canon for this AU... ;)

JEDIFLYSWATTER - Thanks! I wasn't sure if this would work without the Father revealing, but Mara is always up for some angst! And as for Mara, I'm sure she can handle herself around those Dark Sith... she's got a few things up her sleeve. ;)

tasujad - bad guys always do talk to much... and it's not the writers fault... they just can't get them to shut up! :p
    as for your kissing comment... [face_laugh]
    and yes... lots and lots of explaining to do...

riansage - I'm sure Luke will remember... but that doesn't really make up for everything that Mara has done recently. :(

Golden_Jedi - Hey, it's me! :p

DaenaBenjen42 - I like your reasoning there, but unfortunately it will be some time till we know for sure.

jade51999 - I always wondered why Luke walked into an obvious trap with only himself and a droid, it makes no sense! So I've kinda fixed that here... ;)

JediFalcon - Thanks!! :D

StarFighter5 - Thank you! I was hoping to keep you guys hanging, but still let Luke drop ;)

JadeLotus - Mara is definately a woman scorned, but then Luke was also burned here as well.. what a way to start a relationship?? About usual for those two... :p

penpadme - Thanks! I will PM you, sorry for my tardiness is posting posts, I'm sorry, but the muse is a bit of a nutter, she runs around wanting to write everything but what I should write.. I think I need to outsource :p

Feng_Huang - Thanks! Paths and those taken are a reoccuring theme as you've noticed... and they won't stop here... let's see if Mara and them are going to choose the right ones!

MirandaFair - Sokay, I'm the last person who sould talk about tardiness... [face_whistling]
    Leia is definately going to want some answers, but then she's the last person to talk at the moment as well... ;)
    as for Mara, there will be a next time... oh yes... [face_devil]

jade5199 - Yes you did say something... but a little up never hurts! I point it out to my muse... and then she just shrugs and goes back to doing her nails... :(

maramijade - Luke goes down the hole... [/young plucky duck]

Darth_Kripp - Thanks! Will do!

Jade_eyes - This is a crucial point? *looks over to see Luke stalling in free fall* oh... yeah... [face_blush]

jaina_clan_solo - Thanks! And sure thing, PM it is!

-DarkScorpion- - Uber reading session, and we still have one movie left to go! Glad you liked!

Jaded_Rose - Two hours! WOW! Awesome! I hope the rest is just as captivating!! :D :)

Jade_eyes - You think the sexual tension is killing YOU, what about L/M? :p

TnTornado - I went to Oklahoma... I know... nothi
  4. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    So here we have the end of ESB... up next, the start of ROTJ. Just one movie left to go!

Chapter 29

Fett stood watch as the Imperials loaded Han Solo's encased body into the cargo hold of his ship.

Just another bounty, just another day.

"Through here," Lando lead them down another hallway, and while Leia still wasn't sure if she should be trusting this man, the fact that she just new that she was getting close to Han, even with the suppression collar still on her neck, was enough for her to follow him, for now.

A familiar beeping noise came from behind and she glanced back to see Artoo now trailing along.

"Artoo! Artoo!" Threepio yelled, "Where have you been?"

Another set of whistles were rattled off by the astromech, but Leia ignored it, Luke was okay, that much she could feel. If Luke died, she would know, Force or no.

"Here we go," the administrator lead them into a lift and after what seemed like forever, the door slid open to a small entrance way to an upper level landing platform.

On the platform was the Slave 1, Boba Fett's ship, and he was firing his repulsor lifts for take off.

Rushing forward they opened fire, but against a Firespray it wasn't likely to do any good, and without the Force she couldn't even attempt to hold the ship. All she could do was watch as it fired its main thrusters and took off against the fading light of day, taking Han with it.

Luke fell until he could fall no longer, his body simply waiting to hit the bottom of the open chamber. He could suppress the pain in his arm, but why, it was going to be over soon, he had failed everyone.

Yoda had been right, he was reckless and went right into a trap knowing full well it was a trap.

He even considered the Dark Side in order to win the fight.

This was yet another test he had failed...

The chamber surface came up fast on him and he hit the side of the curved wall and slid along till he came to a hole in the floor that led him down a tube. He twisted and turned till finally coming to a level area where his inertia slowed to a stop.

Before he had a chance to get his bearings, the floor opened up beneath him and he fell down yet another shaft, this one opening up to the outside elements. His body screamed as he hit the thin metal of an antenna, his legs catching him.

When he opened his eyes moments later, he was hanging upside down like some nocturnal creature sleeping away the day. Pain radiated through his body and he let it. He had failed.

He hadn't fallen to the Dark Side, even though the opportunity had been there, but he still failed to help his sister or friends, and even disobeyed a Master. He rushed in without thinking and now he was about to die a pathetic death...

"Father," he whispered, "help me..."

No answering call came.

"What are you talking about?" Threepio scolded the little droid, "We're not interested in the hyperdrive on the Millennium Falcon. Just open the door, you stupid lump."

Leia kept focused on the line of Stormtroopers that were heading their way. She had no idea where Luke was now, though an ill feeling had overtaken her only moments ago. Luke was alive, that much she knew for sure.

The door behind her slid open to reveal the landing pad for the Millennium Falcon, to which Threepio commented, "I never doubted you for a second. Wonderful!"

Rolling her eyes, they all made for the ship, shooting behind themselves to keep the Stormtroopers at bay. Lando got to the ramp and took position, firing into the doorway as Chewie worked the ramp controls. Leia started to send her own shots into the fray but before the ramp was even fully down, the Wookie grabbed her and hauled her onboard.

"Chewie!" she yelled but he just growled at her and headed towards the cockpit, dropping Threepio along the way. Within seconds they had the repulsor's working enough to get them off the landing pad and away from the immediate threat.

Lando came into the cockpit, she had wondered if he managed
  5. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, so you've hit your angst quotient, right? :p

I mean... eeeeek! Full of angst here!

Luke... she sent out to Jedi, wondering if he would even hear her after everything that had happened.

Mara... was the return, but it was so laced with pain and distrust that she closed her eyes and any connection she may have made with him.

:_| :_|

And Luke comparing himself to Anakin... So painful. I really can't wait to see where you're heading with this, lady!
  6. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Poor Luke. He is really a lot like his father, but he's lucky to have a lot of his mother's genes.

7. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Great update Red. Will post a more detailed reply later [:D]
  8. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Luke - poor Leia - poor Padme! agh!
  9. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh my. Very well done, RedGold. Wow. Loved this part and can't wait for more.
  10. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oooh very nice!

Such a mirroring of the OT but so different at the same time. How diffrent will this final chapter be now that there is this support system? Will Luke go up to the second death star for Mara's sake?

I can't wait to find out!
  11. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    great post! Can't wait to see how things are changed in RotJ.....
  12. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Brilliant!! Loved the Luke and Leia conversation. :D So honest, full of vulnerability, trying to be encouraging to each other, but not feeling very hopeful for their own romantic situations. :(
  13. JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master

star 3
    That was a heartbreaker. I think Luke is also alittle disapointed at Mara and his own feelings. Great job and can not wait for ROTJ.@};-
  14. Jaded_Rose Jedi Knight

star 3
    YAY!!! I am so glad you got back to this, and with such lovely angst, too. :D

I fear for our heroes (and Hands), and it will be very interesting to see how the dynamic changes at Jabba's palace. Luke, if he is present, would certainly spot Mara. Then again, he has been remarkably thick when it comes to her... :p

J_Ro
  15. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    I feel so bad for Luke :( But Leia's right. At least he realized his mistake and can fix it whereas Anakin was blind.
  16. MagnusPrimal Jedi Knight

star 1
    An update! Fantastic!
    Well, this seems to be more of a 'bridging' chapter than anything else. Not a great deal of action here, but everything that happens is important, Fett leaving with Han, the escape of the Falcon, the rescue of Luke. Nice to the moment in ESB with Vader mirrored here with Mara: Luke... Mara...
    Liked Leia's apparent growing discomfort with the 'Jedi shall not know love' nonsense. Although as it has been hinted at in this story, her path may diverge from that of the Jedi Order.
    Can't wait for the next update, and to see what happens next! I'm especially looking forward to Luke and Mara interacting, and conversing, again. I'd like to see where they're at now, regarding each other.
    Thanks for the update pm, RedGold!
  17. tasujad Force Ghost

star 1
    Yay an update at least =D=

Luke... she sent out to Jedi, wondering if he would even hear her after everything that had happened.
    Mara... was the return, but it was so laced with pain and distrust that she closed her eyes and any connection she may have made with him.

and everybody thinks that Luke is thick when it comes to Mara...:rolleyes:
    she cut his hand of and now hopes that everything will be OK ...:rolleyes:... i would be sending A-bomb to her direction, but hey i am no Jedi (but i would make a good Sith :cool: )

and for Luke, acknowledging mistake is one of the steps to the learning..... right RG:confused:
  18. DRS Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, yay, an update!

That was so good. Please update soon!

.:}\DRS/{:.
  19. MistiWhitesun Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the PM! I'm glad to be back! :D (I do intend to finish my locked stories at some point, btw.)

Um, what happened with the hyperdrive? R2 mentions it, but then? nothing happens. :?

Oh, and in the "Jedi don't marry" paragraph, Leia's staring out the window, not starring. ;)

:D

-Misti
  20. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent chapter! Can't wait for the next! :)
  21. Darth_Kripp Jedi Master

star 3
    Good post. ESB is over by now, is it not?
    Now, who will be the Jedi to return, since Darth Vader is dead? Hmmm, perhaps that will just be a birth of a Jedi, not his or her return. [face_mischief]
    I think the Emperor will serve us some of his highest unpleasant traits quite soon. [face_devil] The two Darths who have so miserably fail will certainly suffer the consequences...
  22. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice angst. I like how things subtlely changed from ESB here.
  23. StarFighter5 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay an update. Things are so uncertain for everyone, but I'm sure there will be a happy resolution... eventually.:p
  24. MirandaFair Jedi Master

star 4
    Hurrah for an update! Glad to see your muse is back. =D=

Really enjoyed your descriptions of Luke's plummet down the air shaft. You tie everything that takes place in your AU ESB together very nicely. The end part with Padmé had me getting a little teary-eyed. Very poignant way to set things off for ROTJ. We see just how much at stake things are for our beloved characters.

Yes, they were both so much like their father, but she had faith in them, she knew they would succeed where her Ani had failed... they had too for her heart couldn't take breaking a second time...

Uh! You're going to put us through the ringer, with what's to come. I know you, Master. ;)
    Can't wait!
    [face_dancing]

25. MagnusPrimal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mara didn't cut off his hand.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.