main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Path Of Your Own Choosing - OT AU - L/H, L/M, OB1, Padme, more - On Hiatus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    oh my gosh!

Red!

That is great! I am glad that i found the time to read further on this :D

I hope you keep pming me that i will not miss an up even I don?t review after it and it takes some time...
    life is currently catching up with me and I have not much spare time.

I love how you work the orginal film conversation into it with changed persons...

as I already said I love it

[:D]

~Mag~

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    You're doing an amazing job, Red. Keep up your great work! :D I await the future posts, my great authoress. ;)

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Maggy - Thanks! I'm glad to know you're still enjoying!

Elu - my great authoress.
    [face_blush] You're just saying that because of you know what! :p

Sorry this took so long. I kinda got a stint of writers block thanks to Ag88. Okay, so it's not really her fault, but I'm going to blame her anyway. :p

Chapter 5

?Why are we still moving towards it?? Leia stared out at the ever-growing mass that was the Death Star. The information that Winter had procured said it wouldn?t be operational for another standard month. The scattered remains of Alderaan proved otherwise.

?We're caught in a tractor beam.? Captain Solo worked at the controls of the Falcon. ?It's pulling us in.?

?There's got to be something you can do.? Wedge was on the edge of his seat.

?There is nothing I can do about it, kid. I?m at full power. I can?t win.? Solo hit some controls and the ship quit resisting the tractor beam.

?You?re going to let them get you without putting up a fight??

?There are alternatives to fighting.? Solo stood and made his way past them. ?Come on, Chewie.?

Leia met Wedge?s eyes. They were both thinking the same thing. Solo had made his position perfectly clear earlier.

?Solo!? Leia ran after him. ?You can?t do this!?

Solo was arguing with Chewbacca in the corridor. He turned to her with mild confusion. ?Do what??

?You can?t turn us over to the Imperials. We have to see that R2 unit safely back to the Alliance.? She had just given herself away, but it didn?t really matter now.

?What?s so important?? he said with a wide gesture of his hands. ?What?s he carrying??

?The technical read-outs of that battle station.? Solo had a good Sabacc face but Leia could sense the sudden jump in emotions. ?We only hope that once it?s analyzed a weakness can be found.?

?Well then,? he flashed a lop-sided grin, ?good thing I have a plan.?

?You do?? Leia?s jaw dropped for a fraction of a second. Did she really underestimate this man that much?

?Hey, it?s me,? he winked. Chewbacca roared out and Solo turned to him, ?It?ll work!?

?What will work??

?This.? Solo and the Wookiee leaned down and hit some invisible catches on the floor. The floor panel popped up and they slid it to the side revealing a hole.

?Hidden compartment?? Leia asked.

?I use them for smuggling. I never thought I'd be smuggling people in them.? Solo opened up another compartment. ?Once we land we can hide but if we take off again we won?t make it past that tractor beam.?

?Leave that to me.?

?I knew you were going to say that.? Solo grinned.

Leia returned the grin and headed back to the cockpit where Wedge and Winter were talking, the Death Star looming larger in the view port.

?Well?? Wedge said as Leia entered.

?He?s not turning us over to the Empire.?

?Are you sure?? Winter was still pale but she was strong and a professional.

?Yes, I?m sure. We have a plan.?

Leia filled the two in as they fetched the droids. Artoo was easy to sit inside the compartment because of his small size but Threepio, with his stiff humanoid body, put up a fuss. Leia eventually turned him off.

?Thank you,? Solo said after she switched off the droid.

?You?re welcome.? Leia let Winter slide down into the compartment. Wedge, Chewbacca and Artoo were already in the other one. ?Is there going to be room for you??

?I?m staying out here.?

Leia turned to him. ?What??

?If they don?t find anyone on this ship they are going to start tearing her apart looking for someone and I ain?t gonna let that happen.?

?But they?ll arrest you! Throw you into a detention block.?

?Probably,? he shrugged. ?You?ll just have to get me out.?

?How??

?You?re the brains, sweetheart. You?ll think of something,? he grinned. ?Chewie won?t let you leave without me.?

Leia looked at Solo for a long moment. He knew that there was a strong chance that they would not be able to get him out. That?s what the argument with the Wookiee was all abou

4. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    First!

*bounces at seeing more Wedge* :D

I love how you've weaved them into this...but I think I've said that before :p

You're doing well with Leia getting to understand Han more :)

I sympathize w/ Tarkin...I'm not a big fan of Vrees either...he seems like an idiot.

Perhaps Corellia?
    NOOOO!!! Not Corellia!! Don't hurt Corellia! Are you stupid, Tarkin?!

However, the Corellians where, well, Corellians. The backlash from them might prove too much of a nuisance.
    Oh, okay. [face_blush] I KNEW you were smarter than that...

*likes ?Olo, Hanz Olo.?*

*shoots Vrees*

*runs Vrees through with a lightsaber*

?You know,? Winter hit the locking mechanism for the blast-door to the command office they had snuck into, ?between his howling and your blasting everything in sight, it's a wonder the whole station doesn't know we're here.?

?Bring them on.? Wedge turned to her. ?I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around.?

?Pilots have no subtlety. Just aim and shoot at everything that moves.?

Hey, be nice to pilots! And especially Wedge!
    Winter seems to be flirting.... :p ;)

Winter taking Luke's role, Wedge taking Han's role, Han taking Leia's role, Leia taking Ben's role...

And then I think I've figured out where everyone's going, you shake up the lines again. ;) :p

Now Wedge is taking Luke's role... 8-}

Winter and Wedge are flirting... :D How cute!

And now Vrees is in Tarkin's role...kind of. [face_hypnotized]

Jes

5. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    A well done take on the classic Death Star rescue and escape plans. You're doing a great job twisting the original dialogue and situations and keeping true to the spirit of the movie while making something all your own. Great work.

However, the Corellians where, well, Corellians. The backlash from them might prove too much of a nuisance.

A wonderful line of logic there and so, so true.

6. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Very nice! =D=

Kat

7. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    ?Please be a good little minion and go check on it for me.?
    Hehehehe. Tarkin's funny.

?Olo, Hanz Olo.?
    Hey! I saw that episode! :p

?I?ll take care of that.? Leia moved her lightsaber to her belt where it was more easily accessible.
    Oh no! I hope what happened to the last person who took care of that doesn't happen to her...

You never turn for one last look. That way you knew there would always be another.
    Oh, I like this line.

Yay, I loved the update. I am continually amazed by your ability to weave in the original trilogy.

8. Darth_Neosakid

Darth_Neosakid Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
    If Han Solo is lying down sidways with a white dress on, when wedge goes to rescue him, i'm boycotting the story :p lol

9. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Great job of taking everything and twisting it all around! :D :D

But..... POOR HAN! Now he's stuck in the dentention cell? With Winter and Wedge off to rescue him? *sighs* My poor Hanny-bear! ;)

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    all the misplaced dialogue was great. Luke and Leia seem to know all the Sith. I certainly hope Leia doesn't follow canon Obi in this scene. It'd put a damper on the H/L romance.

11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    RedGold: great stuff - I really like the juggling of ANH echoes and original ideas, you know... Han, Leia, Wedge and Winter make a great team, and the Tarkin dialogue cracks like a whip...

Keep this up! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

12. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Good job, Red! This is great! :D
    Thanks for the PM!
    I have a question: where are Lukie and Mara? You write them so well... I just want more Lukie and Mara scenes!!! [face_mischief]

13. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Sorry I got so far behind. I like the twists you're putting into this, especially Mara's "Meet me on Corellia in a month. I'll kill you then." :D

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Brilliant twist, putting Han in the detention block. This could be a brilliant official Infinities comic :D

15. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    You know I started reading this a bit ago...and am loving it! Leia Wedge and Han are great... as well as how you're setting up Lukie and Mara! Loved him saving her there, and being SO proud of his soup and her just saying it's all right. lol! Can't wait for more!

16. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    I love the way you're fitting people into other roles :D I really like how it's Han that has to be rescued now, lol ;) =D=

17. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ah RG, even in Au Han is the same, no. And Vrees is kinda cool, but still evil.:p:cool:

18. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Olo. Hans Olo. *snicker.

Yes, the spit on the visor! mod points for you. Now everyone knows where all my weird comments come from.

19. Darth_Neosakid

Feb 8, 2005
    Wha-wait...who spit on my visor?- sarge

20. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    You're just saying that because of you know what!

I am not! :p You're a great author and it is quite evident here, especially in yet another good addition. :D

21. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Jes - *bounces at seeing more Wedge* - well, you're easily satisfied... :D :p

You're doing well with Leia getting to understand Han more
    Thanks! I can't have her falling for him just yet... [face_mischief]

I sympathize w/ Tarkin...I'm not a big fan of Vrees either...he seems like an idiot.
    You realize you just said you sympathized with Tarkin... [face_devil] :D :p

Hey, be nice to pilots! And especially Wedge! - WHY?!?!? :p

Winter seems to be flirting.... - Um, yeah, well... just wait. [face_mischief]

Winter taking Luke's role, Wedge taking Han's role, Han taking Leia's role, Leia taking Ben's role...
    And then I think I've figured out where everyone's going, you shake up the lines again.
    Now Wedge is taking Luke's role...
    And now Vrees is in Tarkin's role...kind of.

Confused yet? Good. :D

Jedi BMK - A well done take on the classic Death Star rescue and escape plans. You're doing a great job twisting the original dialogue and situations and keeping true to the spirit of the movie while making something all your own. Great work.
    Thanks! [face_blush] I'm glad you're enjoying my little twists and turns.

A wonderful line of logic there and so, so true.
    This is war...

Kat - Very nice! - Thanks!! :D

Sweet - Hehehehe. Tarkin's funny. - Um, okay, not exactly what I was going for... [face_shrugs]

Hey! I saw that episode! - Great episode, wasn't it!! :D

Oh no! I hope what happened to the last person who took care of that doesn't happen to her... - [face_devil]

Yay, I loved the update. I am continually amazed by your ability to weave in the original trilogy. - Aww, thanks! [face_blush]

Neo - If Han Solo is lying down sidways with a white dress on, when wedge goes to rescue him, i'm boycotting the story
    Fair enough. :D :p

GreatOne - But..... POOR HAN! Now he's stuck in the dentention cell? With Winter and Wedge off to rescue him? *sighs* My poor Hanny-bear!
    Don't worry... he's in good hands! :D

That and I don't want your wraith upon me... [face_worried]

RebelMom - Luke and Leia seem to know all the Sith. - Yeah, well, they do end up fighting each other a lot.

I certainly hope Leia doesn't follow canon Obi in this scene. It'd put a damper on the H/L romance.
    Um, yeah... it would be interesting though... [face_thinking]

Ewok - great stuff - I really like the juggling of ANH echoes and original ideas, you know... Han, Leia, Wedge and Winter make a great team, and the Tarkin dialogue cracks like a whip...
    Thanks! You always have such nice encouraging things to say! [:D]

Jadie - I have a question: where are Lukie and Mara? You write them so well... I just want more Lukie and Mara scenes!!!
    They will be back, I promise. This is not an exclusive L/M fic although I am getting tempted to write one... I'm turning into a sucker for romance. [face_love]

Jedi-2B - Sorry I got so far behind. - Hey, happens. I'm glad you're still enjoying it!

Spikey - Brilliant twist, putting Han in the detention block. This could be a brilliant official Infinities comic - Really?? You think so?? :D

Luney - You know I started reading this a bit ago...and am loving it! - Thanks!! :D

Leia Wedge and Han are great... as well as how you're setting up Lukie and Mara! Loved him saving her there, and being SO proud of his soup and her just saying it's all right.
    Yes, well, remember the soup... [face_devil]

Mara - I really like how it's Han that has to be rescued now, lol - I just couldn't help myself with that one... glad you approve!! :D

StarFighter5 - Ah RG, even in Au Han is the same, no. - Han is so cool... I couldn't change him!! Kiss him sure... :p

And Vrees is kinda cool, but still evil. - Ah, yes, Vrees... I have plans for my dark minion... you shall see the depths of his evil...

LordInferno - Yes, the spit on the visor! mod points for you. Now

22. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Chapter 6

?Did you miss me?? Vrees parried away her attack. He then came at her with a side slash of his red lightsaber. Leia jumped back and deflected it with her blue one.

?If you held still I wouldn?t!? Leia spat out. She didn?t have time for this. Wedge and Winter should be at the detention block by now getting Solo.

?Come on Leia,? Vrees licked his lips and Leia thought she was going to throw up. ?You know you belong in a royal palace among refinery instead of the refuse of the rebellion. It?s in your blood.?

?Funny,? Leia blocked a downward cut that left her locked under the Darth?s gaze for a moment. ?I thought that was just midichlorians.?

Vrees? retort was interrupted by a kick to his leg, the real one, and then Leia jumped back again. She knew he was stronger then she was, the Dark Side fueling his anger and rage. He was only toying with her at the moment.

Well, she was just going to have to toy back.

?Black really isn?t my color,? Leia said as she blocked another attack, spinning out of the way, getting that much closer to one of the many open blast doors that dotted the corridor.

Vrees followed her steps and swiped at her again. ?Is that the only reason??

?Well, you know, there is the whole Dark Side eternally corrupts your soul turning you into an evil sadistic monster bent on galactic domination that really doesn?t appeal to me.? Leia used the distractive talk to back closer to the threshold of the doors. The Hands always did talk too much.

?What? You don?t believe in the salvation that the crazy old man you call your master always babbles on about?? Vrees taunted her with his lightsaber, pretending to attack.

?Crazy old man?? Leia watched him carefully, stepping back over the threshold. ?That would be Palpatine right??

Vrees grimaced, ?Come on, don?t you want to save me??

?No.? There was no good in him that she could sense. Reaching out with the Force, Leia found the release button for the blast doors. ?I?d rather you rot in your self-made hell.?

Leia hit the door release then put all her energy into giving Vrees a Force-push that sent him reeling backwards. Not bothering to wait and see what happened, she turned on her heels and ran down corridor towards the hangar bay. She needed to put as much space between her and Vrees as possible and hope he was vain enough not to alert the whole station to her presence.

?Is this going to work?? Wedge asked as Winter tapped the controls to open the doors to the Level 3 detention bay where Captain Solo was being held.

?I think I?ll have to go with a ?probably not? on that one.?

?Wonderful,? Wedge mumbled as the doors slid open and he stepped through, pushing the Wookie along. Winter told him he was going to have to do the talking in case she sounded too much like a female through the Stormtrooper helmet.

As they approached the center command console an officer approached. ?What are you doing with this? thing??

Chewbacca growled out something that sounded like an insult regarding the officer?s parentage but Wedge?s Shyriiwook wasn?t good enough to know for sure. He nudged the Wookiee into ?submission? then addressed the officer. ?Prisoner transfer from cell block A-A-twenty-three.?

?I wasn?t notified.? The officer looked them up and down then went back to the console where two other guards were stationed. ?I?ll have to clear it.?

One of the guards moved forward, his hand moving to pull his sidearm out of its holster. Chewbacca let out a roar and threw off the shackles, instantly causing the guard to freeze in panic.

?Watch out!? Wedge said as he practically handed his blaster over to the Wookiee. ?He?s loose!?

It didn?t take long for Chewbacca to shoot down all the guards while Winter took out all the cameras. At least there were no wall-mounted lasers to deal with.

Wedge moved over to the command console and pulled one of the guard?s bodies off of it. He then called up Solo?s specific cell number. ?Cell twenty-one-eight-seven. You go get him.

23. Darth_Neosakid

Feb 8, 2005
    i was afraid that you'd kill off leia in that duel like obi wan got snuffed with his duel with darth...thank god...lol

24. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I have to agree... I was worried about Leia in that scene too! *whew* Poor Han would have lost his soul-mate before he ever knew she was!

25. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I loved Leia's sarcasm throughout her duel as well as the way they managed to get out of the cell bay a little more inconspicuously than usual. You're doing a great job turning the classic elements into something new.

?Black really isn?t my color,? Leia said as she blocked another attack, spinning out of the way, getting that much closer to one of the many open blast doors that dotted the corridor.

Vrees followed her steps and swiped at her again. ?Is that the only reason??

?Well, you know, there is the whole Dark Side eternally corrupts your soul turning you into an evil sadistic monster bent on galactic domination that really doesn?t appeal to me.? Leia used the distractive talk to back closer to the threshold of the doors. The Hands always did talk too much.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's hilarious.

Looking forward to seeing who you incorporate those scenes you skipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.