main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'A Peculiar Alliance' RE: The 12'th OC Dueling Circle Challenge-- PART 2 Posted 12/15/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Title: A Peculiar Alliance
    Author(s): Meredith_Kenobi
    Timeframe: pre AOTC
    Characters: My OC's, Typo and Claws
    Genre: I dunno...
    Keywords:
    Summary: Part 1:Typo is a farly odd Jedi trainee, until he meets Claws...will Claws accept Typo as his Padawan? Part 2: Is it such a good idea for Typo to fly a starfighter by himself on his very first flight?
    Notes: Written for the 12'th OC Story Dueling Circle Challenges: 1) By some terrible accident or mistake an OC is taken out of their usual environment and is forced to survive in a completely new one. How will they cope? What will they do to get home?
    OR
    2) Going about their daily lives, something happens to an OC that completely changes their view of the world and how they want to live that life.

Hello reader, thanks for clicking on this link! For the the 12'th OC challenge, we were given a choice between two challenges. I was completely unable to decide, so I decided to combine them. 'PART 1' will comply with the 2'nd challenge option, and 'PART 2' will comply with the 1'st option. I hope you enjoy!

PART 1:
    2) Going about their daily lives, something happens to an OC that completely changes their view of the world and how they want to live that life.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Typo hurried down one of the Jedi Temple?s many hallways, forcing himself not to panic. No matter how hard he tried, he could never remember his way through the Temple. He was going to be late for class?again.. And he was going to get detention for being late?again.. He had lived at the Temple all twelve years of his life, but he still got lost in its long hallways, mysterious rooms, and countless stairways. How did everyone else find their way around so easily? To him everything looked the same?all the hallways looked exactly alike, all of the rooms were indistinguishable, and all of the stairways seemed to all lead to the same exact place?but perhaps that was due to his having epilepsy. He had been diagnosed with epilepsy at just one year of age. To others he seemed absent-minded, easily distracted, impulsive, edgy, forgetful. He had even heard kids whispering about him behind his back calling him stupid, and calling him?a freak. It just wasn?t fair. It wasn?t his fault he was epileptic!

Of course, to Typo it seemed that nothing that happened to him was fair. He fancied he was an odd looking kid with long, unruly blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes magnified twofold by his round, silver rimmed glasses. What?s up with that anyway? Blonde kids are supposed to have blue eyes, not brown. But the most annoying thing was, that his glasses made him look about four years younger then he really was because they magnified his eyes so much, making him look younger, naïve, innocent. He wasn?t particularly small for his age, but despite this most beings he met still mistook him for being about eight years old, instead of twelve. That had gotten old really quick. He would go into class, and the Jedi teacher would look at him oddly and say, ?Are you lost, little boy??

Not to mention the fact that his name was Typo. I mean really! What kind of a name is ?Typo?? What had his parents been thinking when they gave him such a name? It wasn?t exactly a name that could possibly bolster his self-esteem. A typo, essentially, is a mistake. Did that mean he was a mistake?

Typo took a deep breath, attempting to calm himself. It wouldn?t do anyone any good if he got upset over his whole extremely frustrating situation. But he couldn?t help but get upset! He felt so?so secluded from all of the other Jedi; he felt so alone, so?lonely.

All of the other Jedi students were nervous of him, they avoided him?perhaps he was just too strange for their taste, too different. Or maybe they were just afraid of his illness; perhaps they were afraid that while they were talking to him he would go into an epileptic seizure. Or maybe it was both reasons. Eit

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I like Typo! He's a mess.
    And as far as Claws goes I'm getting an image of Bernie Mac the Jedi--probably not what you're going for, but that's what got stuck in my head.

Looking forward to part 2, shoot me a PM please.

3. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    That's hilarious. I like your characters.

Finally! Two Jedi who aren't the perfectly-aloof-from-and-better-than-the-rest-of-the-Galaxy! That's why I don't like Jedi. They think they're better than everyone else.

Anyway...goood job.

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    oqidaun: [face_laugh] Bernie Mac the Jedi? That's hilarious... Glad you liked my story! I will most certainly send you a PM!

Rogue_Pilot_2347: Thanks very vert much! I'm very glad I came up with some Jedi you can like! [:D] Thanks for reading!

PART 2: 1) By some terrible accident or mistake an OC is taken out of their usual environment and is forced to survive in a completely new one. How will they cope? What will they do to get home?

Two years later?

?Please, Master??

?No.?

?Please??

?I said no! No, don?t you?stop it, Ty! St?stop it! Stop giving me that look, you know I can?t deny you anything when you give me that pitiful look.?

?So I can do it??

?Ty, all you?ve ever flown before is a flight simulator. I do not think it?s a good idea for the first time you pilot a real ship to be in a one-person starfighter all by yourself!?

?But I fly the flight sim better than all of the other Padawans?well, except for Anakin Skywalker, but he doesn?t count. Oh, and Tedde Skein, but he doesn?t count either. Neither does Nee-La Di-Jea.?

?And why don?t they count??

?Because if I say I?m only the fourth best, my argument doesn?t sound nearly as convincing.?

Claws cracked a smile, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. ?Can?t you fly a two-person fighter with me by your side? This is your first time flying, after all.?

?But in the sim, I fly a snub fighter tons better than a bigger ship. Please, Master??

?But?what if you have an epileptic fit while you?re flying all on your onsie, eh? What then??

?Master, I haven?t had a fit in ages, you know that. I?ll be fine. I won?t fly too far away, only a couple hundred kilometers or so from the Temple. That?s all, I promise.?

?I?m going to regret this, I know it.? Claws sighed.

?So I can do it? Yippee!? Typo cried punching the air with his fist.

?Yeah yeah, it?s all fine and dandy for you, but if the Council hears even a word of this they?ll shave my head, spin my hair into yarn, knit up a tiny sweater, and Yoda?ll wear it to mock me.?

?Master, you are so weird.? Typo laughed.

?Oh I?m weird? Talk about the protocol droid calling the astromech annoying! You?re the one your parents should have named ?recluse?.?

Typo laughed. ?Well you?re the one your parents should have named ?Bernie Mac?!?

?What? What are you talking about, kid? Who?s this ?Bernie Mac?? You should be more respectful to your elders. This ?Bernie Mac? better not be some bounty hunter or some such person?what you laughing about, boy? Don?t turn your back to me?come back here! I?m not through talking to you!?

Typo climbed into the Jedi starfighter?s cockpit as if he had done it thousands of times before?and indeed, it felt to him as if he had done it thousands of times before. He settled down in the cockpit, running his hands tenderly on the controls. They were worn out, rubbed smooth by the many hands and other appendages that had gripped, pushed, and controlled them, but to Typo they were absolutely perfect.

?Are you sure you know how to pilot this??

?Yes Master, 100% sure. Don?t worry, I?ll be fine!?

Claws sighed, folding his arms. ?I liked you better when you were a weird, timid little kid admiring every thing I did, and every word I said. Now you?re just annoying.?

Typo laughed. ?Thanks very much. I feel lots better now.?

?You know I?m just kidding??

?Only partly!?

Claws chuckled ?Yeah?hey, do you have your comlink??

?Yessir. It?s right here on my belt.?

?Good, good?just be careful, alright??

?Alright.? Typo pushed his glasses farther up on his nose, and closed the cockpit. Performing the task like an expert, Typo piloted the ship off the Temple?s landing bay.

When the starfighter had completely disappeared from view, a cold shiver ran down Claw?s spine. ?I?ve got a bad feeling about this.?

Jarrak Hallon, Jedi Knight, ducked through the dark doorway of one of Coruscant?s lower level?s many cantinas. His face was calm, the scar over his right eye

5. Jarrak_Hallon

Jarrak_Hallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

well done!!!!

6. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm honored...

?Yeah yeah, it?s all fine and dandy for you, but if the Council hears even a word of this they?ll shave my head, spin my hair into yarn, knit up a tiny sweater, and Yoda?ll wear it to mock me.?

?Master, you are so weird.? Typo laughed.

?Oh I?m weird? Talk about the protocol droid calling the astromech annoying! You?re the one your parents should have named ?recluse?.?

Typo laughed. ?Well you?re the one your parents should have named ?Bernie Mac?!?

?What? What are you talking about, kid? Who?s this ?Bernie Mac?? You should be more respectful to your elders. This ?Bernie Mac? better not be some bounty hunter or some such person?what you laughing about, boy? Don?t turn your back to me?come back here! I?m not through talking to you!?

:D

This was cool:
    ?Give heed to the plight of the poor and children.? Jarrak said to the R2 unit sitting in the starfighter?s socket, giving it the emergency clearance code for opening the cockpit.

Nice submission to the Dueling Circle

BRAVO!!

7. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    I enjoyed that. =D=

Nice characters, good story, all around I'd give it a 7 out of 10. :)

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Jarrak_Hallon- ;) Thanks Jarrak!!! Couldn't have done it without you. [:D]
    oqidaun- Thanks very VERY much! (I couldn't resist using the 'Bernie Mac' thing [face_mischief] hee hee)
    BrentusofGath- Cool, a 7?[face_dancing] That's not bad. [face_dancing] Nobody's ever rated one of my stories before--THANKS!

This fic was really fun to write. I'd just like to once more thank everyone who replied to my little OC Challenge response...T H A N K S ! ! !

9. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Excellent response to the challenge! I love your OC's - quite the pair and definitely not your typical Jedi.

The young Padawan had a weapon far stronger than anything the Ghar-eg could deal out?fear, and the fierce will to survive.

Loved this, but doesn't fear lead to anger, anger lead to hate...well, whatever.

Great job!

10. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    ?Oh I?m weird? Talk about the protocol droid calling the astromech annoying! Hee! This is a really fun story. Typo and Claws were great. :D

11. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    PadwanKayla- Thanks very much, PadwanKayla! And I think sometimes maybe Jedi do feel fear every now and then, don't you? :D Thanks again, Kayla!
    Lovely-in-Orange: Thanks, glad you liked it!!! [:D] Thanks for reading!

12. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Jarrak watched in amazement as Typo fought off a creature two times taller and stronger than himself. The young Padawan had a weapon far stronger than anything the Ghar-eg could deal out?fear, and the fierce will to survive.

Yeah, to blazes with that jedi nonsense about being at peace within oneslf...yada,yada,yada...hippie nonsense...

=D= =D=

I do likey!
    Do some more on Bernie Mac & Jordan, err...Claws & Typo!
    I agree with the Bernie Mac comparison, and by default the big eyed glasses reminded me of his t.v. nephew Jordan.

Great viggie Mere_K!

13. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    corellian_ale: Thanks very very much, c_ale! Now, about making more stories with Claws and Typo...[face_thinking] hmm...I just might do that. [face_mischief] Glad ya' liked my story, thanks for reading!!

14. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Very nice M_K. Very nice indeed.

?Because if I say I?m only the fourth best, my argument doesn?t sound nearly as convincing.?

I'm going to use that line...[face_laugh]

Yoda wearing a sweater is too funny. But a hair knitted one? ROFLOL[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Talk about the protocol droid calling the astromech annoying!

Anyone we know?

Great job and superb entry in the challenge.

15. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Lola64: Thanks so much, Lola! Wow, you're gonna use one of MY lines in one of your stories?! Wow. [face_blush] I'm quite honored. :D
    Thanks for reading, and for taking the time to review my fic! [:D] to you! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.