main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Perfect Promise for the Future- K/J

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Disclaimer: I do not own anything, so don't sue me.

Author's Notes: This was actually hard to write. Basically it's 5 small vignettes within a one ficlet that depict different periods of time between Kyp and Jaina. The first is when they are 20 and 4, ending with them at 39 and 23. I'm not sure how good it is, but I'll let my readers be the judges. Also!!!! Technically this has spoilers for some scenes in TUF (not the scenes themselves, but aftermaths and reactions), if you have not read it, turn back now. However I do not go into specifics.

~~

Kyp Durron looked up and sighed heavily. The bright lights of Coruscant dazzled in the night air, winking at where he sat outside of the Chief of State's personal quarters. The party was going on inside, and even though he was the honoree, he was still out here.

"Kyppie?" a tiny voice said from behind him. "Why you outside?"

Kyp turned to see Jaina Solo looking up at him, her trusting brown eyes staring. "Just thinking, squirt," Kyp said to the four year old.

"Can Jaya sit with you?" Jaina asked, scooting a bit closer.

Kyp turned and bestowed a gentle smile on her. "Sure," he said. He leaned down and swung her up to sit beside him. "Up you go!"

Jaina pushed her dark hair out of her face then crawled closer to him and sat in his lap, trustingly wrapping her arms around his neck. She leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"What was that for?" Kyp questioned, looking down at her, his dark eyes showing his surprise.

"My pressie for you for your birthday," Jaina said, her big eyes so trusting and shining with an emotion that Kyp was not used to seeing coming from anyone.

"But you gave me something earlier," Kyp pointed out.

"But I shared that pressie with Jasa, this was my pressie alone," Jaina said, as if it explained it all. She beamed at Kyp.

"Thank you," Kyp said softly.

"Why so sad Kyppie?" Jaina questioned, toying with the ends of his hair along his neck.

"Well, squirt, I feel funny," Kyp asked.

"Funny how?" Jaina asked, tilting her head.

"You are too young to understand," Kyp said.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Kyppie?" Jaina asked. "Or someone like mama is to daddy?"

Kyp looked incredibly sad when she spoke. "No," he mumbled. "No there is no one like that for me."

"You have me Kyppie," Jaina said after a moment. "I wuv you Kyppie, and I'll marry you."

Kyp chuckled. "I'll tell ya what, kiddo," he said. "If you are still single when you turn 18, then we'll see. And if I'm not too old."

"You never too old for me Kyppie," Jaina said with such a child-like innocence, that all Kyp could do was hug her close.

~~

"Kyp!" nine year old Jaina cried out as she ran over to the door where the dark haired Jedi stood. He easily caught the tiny girl in his embrace.

"You've grown kid," Kyp said with a grin.

"You stayed away so long this time," Jaina said. "We missed your birthday."

"That's okay though, I made it back in time for yours," Kyp said with a smile.

"But I share it with Jasa," Jaina said incredulously as if it was a burden to mention her younger twin.

"I'm sure that Jacen feels the same way, sweetheart," Han said from where he stood, grinning. "And we'll celebrate Kyp's too, just like we have every other year."

"You don't have to, Han," Kyp said.

"Nonsense," Han said with a wave of his hand. "Now set your things in the spare room and get ready for dinner before Leia has a fit."

"Yeah, you need to wash your hands," Jaina said, wrinkling her nose at the Jedi's dirty hands.

"Yeah I should, I have Jaya germs all over me," Kyp said, sticking his tongue out at her. Jaina smacked him and squealed in protest when Kyp threw her over his shoulder.

The celebration for both the twins as well as Kyp was fantastic, but just as he did every year, Kyp found himself staring at the Coruscant horizon, musing over the loneliness that swept through him.

"Kyp, why do you always sit here?" Jaina asked from behind him.

"Just thinking, Jaina," Kyp said. He turn

2. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    *jumps around thread* SOOOO good!!! That was great, awsome, stupendious, fantastic....*FF countinues on and on only to be met with the stairs of JD and the lurkers* [face_blush] guess i got carried away. It was really good JD! Very sweet.

Fireyforce

3. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Awesome!! I love it!! :D It was so cute. I like the way all the parts link together. *hugs* Kyp is so cute. ;-;

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuh-weet! :) I knew this was coming and now that it's here, all I can say is...

Wow!

I loved the way it was broken down into 5 different viggies. :)

5. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
  6. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Jilly
    That was great. Just what i need after reading TUF. Huggles and thanks.
    keep up the good work by bring us lot more k/j.

Thanks again
    TS 10

7. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    AWWWWW

That was so suh-weet!!

8. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Darn! I didn't get to read this sooner!

But oh well, I still lvoe it anyways. :D

Well, actually, that's quite an understatement. That was one of the BEST viggies I have EVER read. I think I love it so much that I'm off to read it again!

Now, before I go, will we by any chance be seeing a sequel of some sort to this? *nudge nudge*

:D

--Den

9. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Now, before I go, will we by any chance be seeing a sequel of some sort to this? *nudge nudge*

Hmm, maybe, with the right persuasion... ;)

~~Jilly

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Ack! I added this to the index, but I forgot to say anything!

Wonderful story, Jilly! I love it!

Dana

11. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    I love it. i love it. I Love It!!!!

Jez

12. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Aw......... I love fluff. Great job!

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    [face_love] :D as always JD ;)

~TJF

14. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Jilly,
    please make a sequel..Sequel would be really nice in the sad times that have come down on us now that the NJO is all over with for the time being.
    Sequel would be a nice pick me up.

Huggles and keep up the good work.
    TS10

15. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Hmm, maybe, with the right persuasion...

*waves hands* You will write a sequel to this... you WILL right a sequel to this...

Etc, etc.

You get the drift, right?

--Den

16. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    OMG Jilly what have you done? :eek:
    You've gone and written the best set of viggies I've read EVER plain and simple! :D

That was simply beautiful, the promise, and the "happy birthday" kiss at the end, sooooo adoreable!

And I agree with everyone else....write a sequel NOW. Its not a request! :p :D

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Lovely fairytale story, Jilly! :)

You?re right; it is truly a ?perfect promise?.

Am [face_love]

18. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Wow, Jilly, just...Wow. That was fantastic. And different from the usual K/J fare...great stuff, darling. Keep it up!

-JSD

19. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Most excellent!

Sequel? Please?

-Saber

20. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    A sequel huh? Hmm........... :D

~~Jilly

21. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  22. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Very potent. Also very mushy. Almost as mcuh viscosity as oatmeal. (Exasperated sigh.) Okay... I thought 4-yr-old Jaina was cute.

23. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    KnightHawk: Very potent. Also very mushy. Almost as mcuh viscosity as oatmeal. (Exasperated sigh.) Okay... I thought 4-yr-old Jaina was cute. LOL! THanks so much. :)

24. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Up! Still thinking about that sequel ;) Though I'd like to know, how do you think I should continue this?

25. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.