main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Perfect Revenge - creepy little AU Obi/Xan one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediNemesis, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hehe. :) This is my first shot at writing a) young Obi and b) Xan, so don't kill me if you hate it. :p Feel free to abuse me if I give you nightmares, though . . . [face_devil]

Title A Perfect Revenge
    Genre Er. . . creepy AU
    Timeline A few years after Xan's death (Yes, you did read that right)
    Characters Obi-Wan Kenobi; Xanatos
    Summary There's dead . . . and there's dead . . .

[b]DISCLAIMER[/b] To quote, I think, Shaindl: George Lucas = Man of the hour :D

[hr]

Obi-Wan woke gasping for breath, a drowning swimmer breaking the surface after an eternity underneath.

He sat up, the sheets tangled around him, and looked wildly around the room. The white walls and the simple furnishings were there as they had always been, solid and functional, comforting in their familiarity. From the mirror on the opposite wall his reflection looked back at him, pale-faced, with dark rings under his eyes. The slatted blind over the window threw bars of light across the floor, and from outside came the familiar hum of Coruscant at night.

Only a dream.

He found himself smiling inanely, grinning with relief and mentally chiding himself for being such an idiot. Only a dream . . . well, a nightmare. Everyone had nightmares occasionally, and they could be unpleasantly real, but they were only nightmares nevertheless.

Xanatos was a nightmare on his own. Even thinking about him during the day brought the horrible heavy feeling in the pit of Obi-Wan's stomach, and the creeping premonition like cold water seeping down his spine that something too terrible to contemplate was skulking in the shadows, waiting to happen . . . Dreaming about him was worse, though, because in the dreams Obi-Wan was alone and mute, unable to speak or to plead or even to scream.

Obi-Wan unconsciously ran his right hand along his left arm, shivering at the recollection of the dream, of the Dark Jedi's touch. It had felt cold, cold as ice, and slimy damp, like one of the white pulpy worms that lived on Astray V, oozing blindly through caves in search of warm-blooded prey.

A shiver ran down the Jedi?s spine as he remembered Xanatos? death. The water had been freezing, colder than freezing, enough to chill blood. The shock of the cold would have killed Xanatos near-instantly, before the acid or the radioactive dregs in the water had time to act. Obi-Wan shivered, feeling almost sorry for the man who had tried to kill him. It was not a pleasant way to die, but at least it would have been quick.

Xanatos would be nearly forty now, if he had lived. In Obi-Wan's nightmares he was still as he had once been, not yet out of his twenties, still young. Handsome, aristocratic in his bearing, viciously unpredictable and icily cruel. That was Xanatos. And proud, to the point where he had chosen to take his own life rather than submit to the Jedi.

There was a soft noise, and a single drop of water landed on the bed beside him.

Another drop fell, and this time Obi-Wan was watching as it hit. He could have sworn that there was a soft hiss as it landed, and a tiny tendril of white smoke that vanished instantly, as if the liquid had eaten away at the cloth. When Obi-Wan shook his head to clear it, there was nothing there untoward, merely a round, damp grey patch on the white sheet.

Obi-Wan prodded the wet stain with one finger, sighing. The ceiling was leaking again. There was a crack in the casing of one of the showers in the 'fresher on the floor above, and the Temple technicians had said they'd fixed it. They obviously hadn't quite done it, though.

He seemed to hear a whispering sound in the air as he looked up, eyes searching for the hairline crack in the ceiling . . . finding the long white smear of fresh plast that covered the crack over, dried hard and impermeable.

As he stared at the white mark the blind rustled in the breeze, its slats automatically tilting shut against the cold air. The bars of light it had cast on the floor narrowed to almost nothing.

The shadows seemed to ripple,

2. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Interesting story. When will it be continued lol. I believe that was well written and give you some praise though how Xanotos came back to life is still a mistery.

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Holy flying banthas! I thought that I just had to read a new Nemesis story before going to bed, but maybe I shouldn't have. Talk about creepy! The single drop of 'water' on the sheets was making my skin crawl! Well done!

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, Nem, this was so freaking creepy. Still giving me shivers - especially the water tie-ins - dripping off the ceiling and all. Great job. Loved that the sweetest revenge would be to drive Obi-Wan mad with having a madman in his mind!

Great job. Glad I didn't read this before I went to bed!

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh sweeeeet! This was sooooo coooool! Totally great! :D :D Would be a challenging sotry for sure if ya made it into one!!!

Totally awesome!

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
  7. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Holy smokes that was creepy! :eek: Great job, Nem. :D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Nem- that was great. You have to continue it!

9. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Interesting! :) After driving Obi-Wan mad and getting his revenge, I guess that leaves Xan with a body to be able to live again.

I agree with PK, this should definitely be continued.

~Bek

10. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Totally creepy, Nem, but totally great! You did a great job with Xan and Obi-Wan. Hope to see more like this soon!

Shaindl

PS: Wasn't me who said that! :)

11. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    That. Was. Extremely. Creepy. So very disturbing, and the perfect revenge. Well written!

12. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    Hey there :)

TraxxasJedi I believe that was well written and give you some praise though how Xanotos came back to life is still a mistery. Yup. :) I don't know how he came back either . . . but he makes for a pretty cool undead, doesn't he? :D Thanks!

Jane Jinn Holy flying banthas! I thought that I just had to read a new Nemesis story before going to bed, but maybe I shouldn't have. Talk about creepy! [face_laugh] Holy flying banthas - must remember that one. :p Glad you felt you 'just had' to read one of mine - I'm honoured. [face_blush] The single drop of 'water' on the sheets was making my skin crawl! Well done! Thanks! :) I had great fun, glad you liked it. :)

dianethx Oh, Nem, this was so freaking creepy. Still giving me shivers - especially the water tie-ins - dripping off the ceiling and all. Great job. I liked the water. And it can be incredibly scary in the right (wrong?) place. Loved that the sweetest revenge would be to drive Obi-Wan mad with having a madman in his mind!. . . Great job. Glad I didn't read this before I went to bed! :D Hey, I wouldn't want to give you nightmares. . . or maybe I would. [face_devil]

Kynstar Ahhh sweeeeet! This was sooooo coooool! Totally great! Hey thanks, dude. :p Would be a challenging sotry for sure if ya made it into one!!! . . .Totally awesome! No! When I finish a viggie, it stays finished! I refuse to continue!

obi_ew " :eek: " Glad you liked it, OE. :p

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Holy smokes that was creepy! Great job, Nem. Thanks! I like creepy. :)

Padawan_Kitara Nem- that was great. You have to continue it! Listen, the last time I let a viggie run away with me it became . . . well, let's say it was a year ago now and I still haven't finished the thing. [face_plain] No!

Bekah_K After driving Obi-Wan mad and getting his revenge, I guess that leaves Xan with a body to be able to live again. [voice=VanHelsing] Pretty much. [/voice] :D It's an interesting idea, no? :) I agree with PK, this should definitely be continued. No! NO!

Shaindl Totally creepy, Nem, but totally great! You did a great job with Xan and Obi-Wan. Hope to see more like this soon! Hey, there you are. :) Thanks for reading through it and reassuring me it wasn't rubbish after all. :p I may write more like this . . . but not a continuation, OK?

Obi-Wan21 That. Was. Extremely. Creepy. So very disturbing, and the perfect revenge. Well written! Thanks for reading! Glad you liked it. :)

Well, everyone, mucho thanks for reading this. And no, I won't continue it . . . I won't . . . I haven't the time . . .

//fights off rabid plot bunnies

Ahem.

Nem [face_skull]

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    let's say it was a year ago now and I still haven't finished the thing. No!

YES YES YES

14. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003
    *must* *not* *give* *in* . . .

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh come on! Sometimes it is rewarding to give in to temptations! ;)

But one can understand if you are not up to the challenge! ;) Juz kidding with ya! hehehe If ya don't wanna I'm sure we'll live with it... though perchance not happily ;) but we'll survive! It was a great little one-shotter! Most definitely!!

16. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    two words dude: wow!
    that was creepy. and please continue.

[face_chicken]

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! Okay, I'm officially creeped out now. YIKES! That one hurt a little.

Obi-Wan flinched as Xanatos took his head in both hands, his fingers a vice around the Jedi?s skull. The jolt was almost electric as Xanatos? gaze locked onto his, and Obi-Wan could see himself reflected in the depths of the Dark Jedi?s mad eyes. Then Xanatos began to probe his mind again, gently, almost lovingly.

Obi-Wan envisioned blast doors slamming down inside his skull, and saw Xanatos briefly grimace in pain as his probes rebounded. ?Get out of my mind.?

Xanatos? grimace turned into a smile, showing white teeth. ?Oh, I?m sure there?s room for two.?

The Jedi froze in horror, staring at the one who had risen from the dead. ?You can?t . . . you couldn?t . . .?

Xanatos? smile did not disappear as he contemplated his victim. His final words to Obi-Wan were ?Oh, but I can. And you have to admit . . . it is the perfect revenge.?

This will release an entire population of plot bunnies, I'm sure!

18. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003

Kynstar Stop trying to blackmail me. :p

In_Luv_wit_kenobi two words dude: wow!
    that was creepy. and please continue.
    Thanks, glad you liked it. :) I'm not planning on continuing though. :)

VaderLVR64 WOW! Okay, I'm officially creeped out now. YIKES! That one hurt a little. This is me indulging my evil side. No, make that my REALLY evil side. :p Glad you liked it! :D This will release an entire population of plot bunnies, I'm sure! It already has. Trust me. [face_plain]

Thanks for reading people :)

Nem [face_skull]

19. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I should be working on the stories in progress I've got going on, and instead I'm nosing around here.

Ehh, it's an addiction...*chuckles*

I really liked this one, but then, I'm always one for the darker toned stuff. :D

It just makes me think of that one line that Fred Gwynne's character in Pet Semetary says: Sometimes, dead is better.

20. JediNemesis

Mar 27, 2003

Vampi_Digitalwytch really liked this one, but then, I'm always one for the darker toned stuff. Good for you. :) I read it when I can, but don't write it so often - it's tricky, what with the PG-13 limit. *shrug* It just makes me think of that one line that Fred Gwynne's character in Pet Semetary says: Sometimes, dead is better. Er . . . how dead are we talking here? Very dead, or only slightly dead? :p BTW, I agree. :D

To everyone out there hoping for a continuation, I'm revising 'no' to 'maybe' under the combined assault of an entire breeding colony of mutant rabid killer plot bunnies. Go figure. [face_sick]

Nem [face_skull]

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Ears perk up* Did you say maybe??? *GRIN*

Ahhh temptation! For once give in! ;) It ain't like ya joining the Dark Side or something! ;) *snrk* hehehe

Glad to hear it, but if you do decide not to... we'll understand *grins & bears it* ;) hehehe

22. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    but if you do decide not to... we'll understand

SAYS WHO?????? lol.

23. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Ah...killer plot bunnies...I'm trying to wrangle approximately eight of the sharp pointy toothed buggers at the moment. *bangs head on desk*

I do hear ya about the it's hard to keep things under the rating rule here with the darker fics. I've been in that boat so often, ooh, it's a most evil thing but an interesting challenge to wrap the mind around.

Considering Pet Sematary had folks coming back from the dead when buried in a certain spot, I'd take the line as true dead is better compared to the not quite living option.

24. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    WOWZERS! Creepo RAMA. Okay, I'm now reduced to the language of sixth graders, or perpahs sophisticated second graders. Excellent work! But I feel like someone's watching me now...I better go close that closet door just in case.

25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Ewwwwwww, slimy creepy gross undead Xan! :eek: [face_worried] Disturbing little zombie apparation!

I loved the way you wrote this, but I like it as a one-shot deal - adds mystery. :D Although, if you were to throw some more creepy undead Xan descriptions my way, my twisted mind certainly wouldn't complain. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.