main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions A Petition to Disney

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Husker98, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husker98

Husker98 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2014
    Hello all, the thread says it all but here is a quick disclaimer. I in no way believe or am saying the new movies are going to automatically suck and that we should head them off before it gets going.

The aim here is to try and respectfully ask what Disney and lucas should have done for the Fans before purging all this canon to make it easier to make their movies.

And finally what i am asking here is that all our voices be heard, and to be given a choice.

The proposal
    As such what I am proposing is an international referendum regarding the canon status of all Expanded universe material from the dawn of the Jedi series up to and including the clone wars period.

This is a petition aimed at protecting and expanding great stories like the great hyperspace war, The knights of the old republic, Star wars the old republic, The Bane trilogy, The Clone Commando Triliogy, from certain negligence and obscurity with the hope that maybe Disney will make movies and expanded the content of this colorful era.

The reason for just this period
    As much as i would have like to seen post ROTS material included in a vote i doubt Disney would accept such a request as it would or could interfere with their movies. However this period will not interfere all that much with the new movies, as the material is written to conform with the origional saga as the new movies will as well, which give it the best chance to survive, and also has the best chance for screen adaptation and further expansion.

The goal ultimately

The goal is to save material that is beloved but is also profitable to Disney. To keep a little of the past if we can. To keep a period that is largely very well written and put together.

Ultimately if we can get enough signatures I or perhaps a more influential user here will send this to as many people up at Lucas film and hope it is given consideration.

Other wise if we don't get enough signatures we let this matter die, and the EU we loved so much goes will follow it into obscurity.

In closing i want to extend a premature thanks to any and all participants, i have followed the force.net for some time but never felt compelled to join the discussion till now. I hope we can keep this thread clean and limit it to signed responses.

Thanks,

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    We already have an ongoing discussion regarding the state of Disney/The EU/Legends. Locking now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.