main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WAHHH! MARA! JAINA! NOOOO! Yeah, i thought we might be done with the amputations! another awesome postie!

LP: he and my aunt live in the house with me and my grandparents, so, when she is not home, i must take care of him

2. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh my... And yes, BB is quite the chicken... He got it from me....
    You're going to give me an ulcer, M'Lady...

A. Windsor

3. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Quite a pickle you have our heroes in...one without a hand, one shot in the side and one child kidnapped. I'd say that's about right for you! Are you going for the happy ending or the terribly depressing cliffhanger to be continued ending? I know you won't actually tell me, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Good, but depressing, post.

4. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Just how long did it take you to do all those

I think they disable the five faces rule. All I did was cut and paste. :p

*starts shaking LP* DO NOT KILL JAINA!!!!! :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_|

MARA!!! :eek: Bad Sith! *whacks Exar Kun*

5. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ouch.

That's all i can say.
    Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Poor Mara.
    And I don't think you'll do anything to Jaina. (yes, I dare you!)

Good battles!
    jade

6. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    At this point, I don't know how our heroes are going to get out of this one. Exar Kun is being his evil old self. Mara is now without a hand, Jaina is in the clutches of the stormtroopers, and Leia is injured. I just hope Leia doesn't lose a child, because I'm getting frustrated with all the authors who tempt us with that elusive fourth Solo child, then cop out at the end.

7. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Now Mara's a true Skywalker!

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I have faith that Han, Leia, and Chewie can get Jaina back. Luke & Mara's dilemna is another matter. :eek:

9. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    *note to self: do not even glance at other reviews before reading story!*

Ahem.

You cut of Mara's hand! :eek: How could you? :_|

*gets out baseball bat, begins pounding on Sithy*

10. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    Holy cow, LadyPadme, I've been away for a few weeks but I never expected to come back and find things going like this! :eek: Not good, not good at all!

I have no idea how you're going to fix all this, but I have faith that you will (and hopefully in the remaining chapters!)

Keep up the good work!

Kaylle

11. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great, wonderful, Mara's lost her hand, or at least it seems that way, and Jaina's in the hands of a stormtrooper. [face_worried] *whimpers, then growls and sends Saber and his friends after the stormtrooper with an order to get Jaina back and then goes after Exar Kun*

You are going down, Sith vaporman.

12. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::scoots farther back under desk::

YOU EVIIIIIL WOMAN!

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh very good, the suspense in these last posts are killing me. Especially they end of this one, though I loved how Mara was trying to help Jen in turning Xan. Good to see Jen has concern for herself and her son too. I like that. :)

But cutting Mara's hand off! :( Ouch...*shudders* Me thinks my dear sweet Lukie won't be very happy. ;)

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    When you go sithly, you go really sithly. At least Jen didn't kill Mara, yet. I like the glimpses we are getting into Jen's thoughts. I wouldn't want to be possessed by a sith either.

15. Izzie

Izzie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    Catching up again...

Heh - nice action! But don't hurt Jaina or i'll, i'll...hav you!

On a more sombre note - hope no-one has family or friends in the Asia disaster.
    God help them all...

I was in Indonesia in August and it's a terrifying thought.

Izzie

16. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Well Happy New Year everyone.

Great series of posts.

Things look pretty grim.

Question abour Mara's hand: can a limb severed by a lightsaber be re-attached surgically if a doctor gets to it in time?

Looks like Leia's wounded too. How long until reinforcements arrive?

BTW, I got the Original Trilogy on DVD for Christmas. I watched ANH on New Year's Eve. I love that documentary Empire of Dreams, One thing I found interesting. It was an early trailer for ROTJ. In the trailer, Luke's lightsaber is blue. I remember seeing that in the theatres was back in the winter of 1983. I thought I'd imagined it. Really ticks me off that they changed the saber colour to green for the film.

Anyone else get the DVD Trilogy and check out the Bonus Material?

17. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    LP-After reading and re-reading your last post, I've been overcome with the morbid desire to see Luke go dark in revenge for Mara. *takes deep breath and counts to ten, slowly unclenching fists* Great post by the way, if I haven't said so already. You've made Winter Break a lot less boring for me!

18. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

LaYa_: Even if it's not "good", isn't it fun? :p

GreatOne: Who says I want to undo the evil messiness?

Jedi-BMK: You know, if Gabri hasn't killed me yet for what I did to her--I mean, to Mara--I fear no one else's wrath! :p

Leia: Exar Kun isn't through with his possession work...

JAGSGURL15: Gotcha about toilet training your cousin. And it's really no more fun when it's your own kid :)

A-Windsor: Here, have some cyber Nexium. Maybe that will help your ulcer.

QueenofAces: There are 2 more posts left in this story and then I'm done. Really done. With no plans for a sequel. So...make what you will of that :p

JSM: I can't kill Jaina? Why not? You gonna aim your Suncrusher at me? ;)

jade51999: Hmmm....you only feel safe daring me because you know I've already finished the story...otherwise [face_thinking]

SoloFan: Who else has tempted you with the elusive fourth Solo child and then yanked him away?

AvenKiel: So...does that mean Leia also needs to lose her hand somewhere down the line? And...glad to make your X-mas break more interesting ;)

Jedi-2B: Ah...ye of little faith...

flowerbee: Yes, reading others' posts can definitely cause problems with spoilers. And d'you think a bat will work on Sithy? :p

Kaylle: Thanks! And...are you back at school for IAP? I have fond memories of IAP.... * sigh *

BA: You really think Exar Kun is going down? I'll tell you this...he's not the one to die...

Mirax-Jade: Evil sounds about right for me!

padawan_lunetta: Jen's primary concern is her son...which is actually a scary thing... (Anyone seen the Manchurian Candidate? Just saw the remake on Saturday...Why did I mention this? Oh, no reason...)

RebelMom: Well, I had to make the final showdown something spectacular, didn't I?

Izzie: I agree...the tragedy in SE Asia is terrible, and wish the best for them.

TorontoJediMaster: I agree that the extras DVD makes the whole DVD set really worth it. The Empire of Dreams bit was a lot of fun, and I loved Carrie Fisher's mouthy remarks.

More tomorrow!

19. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Thanks, doc. ;)

A. Windsor

20. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    " So...does that mean Leia also needs to lose her hand somewhere down the line? And...glad to make your X-mas break more interesting "

I don't know, any more amputations and this fic will start to look like a Kill Bill sequel! Can't wait for more!!

21. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Who else has tempted you with the elusive fourth Solo child and then yanked him away?

GreatOne was the most recent one to tempt me with that elusive fourth Solo child, but you also did it in "The Jade Prophecy" by having Ralia die. I don't remember all the stories that have done it, but my main point is that for all the griping people do about the EU, when it comes to Han and Leia's kids, most fanfic authors stick with the three from the EU.

22. MaraAkaRED

MaraAkaRED Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2004
    "A Hand for a Hand"

Wow

Oh I am back went up north for the weekend. Sorry. I can not wait till tomorrow. Wow.
    Great post by the way.
    Sorry this reply was not longer but I need to get ready for work.

*RED*

23. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    :eek:

Must compose myself before I repond....

24. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh I've seen the Manchurian Candidate...why DID you mention that? ;) *slightly worried* ;)

25. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hrmmm,

so Luke won't be the only one with a mechanical hand . .

LOL I can just see it . .

Matching hands for the whole family. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.