main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Well I thnk one amputee in the family is enough. Mara will keep her hand. Oh I also thnk they will get Jania back, but don't know if Leia will still be with child at the end of the story. About the new possession, Exar can take over a child can't he?

2. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Hush! Don't give her any ideas! [face_worried]

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Finally back from NC and wow, you've been busy. Lots of action-packed posts to catch up on. But what scares me is that this story is winding down and now Jaina and Mara are in big trouble... [face_worried]

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    You know, if Gabri hasn't killed me yet for what I did to her--I mean, to Mara--I fear no one else's wrath!

Gabri loves you enough to give you the benefit of the doubt until she sees the next post. If Mara is really missing any limbs then, watch out! [face_devil] Evil, evil Jieh. [face_devil] :p

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

A-Windsor: You're welcome!

AvenKiel: It'd take a lot more death and destruction to look like a Kill Bill sequel! I haven't taken out anyone's eye for real...yet!

Solo_Fan: But I don't have the three from the EU... :p

MaraAkaRED: Hope you had a good time over the weekend!

Webogirl: * sends some cyber sedatives *

padawan_lunetta: I was just teasing, although there were some elements in there I'd like...

maramijade: Yeah, and they could see whose cybernetic hand could outdo the other in an arm wrestling match :p

Calgary: We'll see how your guesses pan out...

flowerbee: * grins * The story is finished. All my ideas are already set, but...

HanSolo29: Isn't it more fun this way?

Gabri_Jade: I don't fear you. I know that deep down inside you're just a big softie... :p

More right away.

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Eighty-Two

?Mama!? Jaina?s voice pierced into Leia?s heart. Her own wound was forgotten as she scrambled to her feet

?Don?t hurt her!? Leia pleaded.

?Give us the others,? the stormtrooper demanded.

Leia assessed the situation quickly. She, Han, Chewbacca and six of her guards were facing at least twenty stormtroopers, and the one nearest them was holding Jaina with a blaster to the child?s head. The other children were in the room behind Leia and she could feel their fear and exhaustion. Without the children present, Leia would never have given up the fight, but she couldn?t risk any harm to her daughter.

Leia tried to stay calm. She glanced into Han?s eyes and drew strength from the love and the courage she saw there. And then she saw something else.

Standing partially hidden in one of the recessed alcoves behind the stormtroopers was Artoo. The little astromech had not been able to navigate the stairs; instead, he had taken a longer route around the temple building finding a series of ramps that led him down to the lowest level, and had arrived after the fighting had begun. Now, the astromech droid was stealthily rolling up behind the stormtroopers. Artoo extended his utility arm and swiftly zapped the nearest stormtrooper in the back with an electric shock.

The zap, plus the stormtrooper?s anguished howl momentarily distracted all the troopers, and one of them fired on the astromech droid as the others turned to see the source of the distraction. In the melee, Han fired on the stormtrooper holding Jaina, while Leia created a Force shield to hold off the stormtroopers on the other side of the hallway.

Han grabbed his daughter away from the fallen stormtrooper and pushed her toward Leia, who quickly pulled the little girl into the room behind her. There, the other children rushed around the traumatized little girl to offer her comfort while the adults fought off the rest of the stormtroopers.

But with the loss of their hostage, the stormtroopers? fight became a rout. Han, Leia and Chewbacca all fought with the ferocity of a vornskr protecting its cubs and within minutes, the stormtroopers had all been cut down.

?Let?s seal this room off and keep the children safe,? Leia said wearily, wincing from the pain in her side?the wound now making itself felt again now that the danger had passed. ?I?ll stay with them and check on Jaina. You see if you can try to get contact with the others.?

As Han headed down the corridor to the stairwell, he passed Threepio who was a blubbering collection of metal, bemoaning his downed counterpart. ?Artoo! Say something! Anything! You can?t die on me now!?

Mara pulled her right arm back, but the damage had already been done. The lightsaber had sliced deeply into her forearm and had severed several of her tendons and muscles along the way.

Her lightsaber clattered uselessly to the floor of the room and she fell to the ground in agony.

Jen raised her lightsaber again as Luke shouted, ?No!? He hadn?t actually seen Jen injure Mara, but he had felt his fiancee?s pain as clearly as if the injury had been to himself. Around him, a maelstrom was building as the gleefully malignant spirit began dislodging larger objects and throwing them around them room, and through Jen, Exar Kun ordered: ?Hold the male Jedi!?

Luke was forced to duck and dodge these missiles even as he tried to pull away from Xan?s attack, but Xan was relentless in attacking him. Finally, in desperation, Luke called on the Force to wrench one of the heavy and ornately carved obsidian benches from its place along the wall. The bench flew toward Xan, who swiftly dodged the missile, but the extra seconds allowed Luke to reach Mara?s side and pull her away just before Jen?s lightsaber came down. The red saber slashed into the floor in a shower of sparks as Jen?or Exar Kun?let out a howl of frustration.

Enraged, Exar Kun intensified his call on the Force, and suddenly, there was a tremendous cracking noise as the roof began to break in two. Bright sunlight streamed into

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    YEAH!!! Jaina's OK! Leia's OK! Even Mara has her hand!! :D :D :D

All's well that ends well, except for the missing Jen problem. :eek: ;)

8. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    One more to go!
    Whoa..that was fast...i hadn't even been counting down....

Do you think Jen is of the Dark Side still? (Yea probably) Her poor child....so disturbed will he be...

9. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Jen being missing is going to be a problem, she's going to raise the child to be a Sith, and then the child will be the problem that Rydor, Jacen and Jaina have to worry about .. .

Jaina falls in love with Jen's son.. . knowing skywalker/solo's that would happen. . .

btw. . . the whole mechanical arm wrestling thing would sooooo totally happen. . .

10. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Artoo to the rescue. Again. :p

No more limbs lost, and one Sith down. But only one more post, and Jen is still missing? I smell another sequel. :D

11. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Hi, my lady, everybody! I am back! :)
    Hope everybody had a great time! [:D]

Three chapters for me! And what chapters! Great fight and duel scenes, lot of angst and cliffies, but lucky me to read them all together... ;)
    It would have killed me to have to wait to see what will happen to Jaina, poor kid and Mara's hand...

But all have ended well. Nobady died, kids are okay, the Solo kids have come close again to their parents, poor Leia had deserved this, after all the pain, the angst you put her through, Leia hadn't loose another child!!! [face_dancing] (I was [face_worried] knowing you...) Mara didn't loose her hand, yet she'll need a long time treatment, a payment for what she did to Han, while started to feel belonging to a family -aunt Mara! :) While the bad guys... Xan killed by Jen! I have seen it! Good riddance! [face_dancing]

And one more chapter? Only? :( So this has come to end? :_|

Just a minute... [face_thinking] Jen is alive! And what about Kun? Is that means that there will be a sequel? [-o|

12. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Good, Jen did know all along who killed Daddy, and was just using Xan.

Artoo, you just have to love that little droid, he always finds a way to be helpful at the most critical moments. He saved them all! GO ARTOO!!!!

It's been a difficult, but fun ride, LP. We'll see what the last post brings. Let us know about any sequels!

13. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Hey, I was 50% right! Mara gets to keep her hand and Leia gets to keep her daughter....and Jen gets to keep Exar (sort of...or the other way around) Either way her child will be rather...err interesting to say the least. Glad you decided not to knock off Jen. I DID something would happen to Leia's child....but very happy I was wrong.

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Even if it's not "good", isn't it fun? - lol can I tell the truth? :p

Yes, it's fun.

About the chapter... :D :D everything is all right! :D :D Well, except that they don't know where Jen is... hmm [face_thinking]

I can't believe this was the penultimate chapter of this story.. :(

15. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Good. Mara's still intact.

Jen's still out there. Is this where that whole phoenix thing comes in? I'm still worried and there's only one post left. Is there something wrong with me?

16. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Happy?

Happy!

Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!Happy!

YAY!

Beautiful work, LadyPadme! Fantastic depiction of battle scenes that can sometimes be cluttered and unnecessarily detailed. This was absolutely not the case here. And no subtlty for you when it comes to your chapter titles, eh?

*KR*

17. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Leia's got all of her babies, Mara's got her hand!! *dances s'more*

Beautiful, awesome! *eye glint at all the talk of sequels*

18. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *puts the Sun Crusher away* Yea!! :D :D :D :D

Jan's still alive. I believe what Mirax said in the X-Wing series, if there's no body, don't give up hope (or something like that).

But everyone's ok!!!!!! :D *does cartwheels*

19. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Mara's fine and has her hand. Yippee!!!!

Jaina's fine and all the kids are now closer to their mom and dad. Whoohoo!!!!!

I loved that the kids got Leia and Mara some flowers and that Rydor called her 'Aunt Mara'. That was so sweet.

Hehe, so miss Sith-lady wannabe knew all along who killed her father and strung the killer along. *snickers*

I do wanna know what happened to Exar and Jen. I'm guessing the Force-lighting was what happened to Exar and the Imperial shuttle leaving was Jen?

One post? :( It's always a bittersweet moment when a great story ends. On one hand you're glad to know what finally happens and to know the ending and on the other you're wishing it could go on forever cause it is so good.

20. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    Jedi_BMK, I'm with you. I'm still worried, too. You never know with LadyPadme. ;)

So Artoo saves the day once more. And yet, the Big Three and Co. get all the credit. How typical.:p

Awesome post, LP! I look forward to the next (and, sadly, last).

21. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    :D I was right.... :D

Wow, that was very unexpected, though! After your comment and the previous chapter, I thought I'd been wrong about those tough little Solo kids... and to find out I was right after all... yay!

Jen killing Xan was extremely unexpected as well. And Jen escaped... is this a sequel in the making? ;) ;)

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Whew...things seemed to have wrapped up nicely anyway. Although, the only thing that bothers me is how Jen just seemed to have disappeared.

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Jen is one scary Sith. At least she knew who killed her father. I feel sorry for that baby. Talk about your bad seed. *shiver*

I really thought Mara was going to get a matching prostetic to Luke's. OH well.

24. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::scuffs feet::

Well maybe not so evil.

::pounce!hug::

25. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ch81 - Very tense, LP

82- The victory was no cop out LP. Well done.

One chapter? Nooo!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.