main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Although Mon Mothma respected Leia?s skills, she also feared Leia?s innate morality and incorruptibility.

Excuse me? What may I ask is wrong with that?

I always liked Mothma, I don't know why people hate her. Sure she keeps Leia from Jedi training, but what's she to do: Leia's a politions!

*directs army of Death Stars and Sun Crushers to protect her from any anti-Mothma poster*

*takes Haruko's guitar and proceeds to bash the evil people* [face_devil]

Oh, and please, for the sake of the galaxy, don't let the evil Bothan become leader of the Republic! :(

2. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    An excellent funeral speech for Mon, my lady! =D= A well known character among politicians and here on earth. Yet not the worst example! There are a lot more of them like that filthy Borsk Fey?lya and the disturbing thing is that they usually won the elections... Which brings a disturbing question about the functionality of our Republics...
    Which brings us to the important question, will people in GFFA have more common sense than people in this galaxy? And although if they know what is good for them they?ll choose Leia, I strongly doubt that the good for the people in GFFA is the same as the good for H/L.
    We?ll wait and see! It depends on how much you want to torment H/L... ;)

And when we?ll have Mara? [face_love] Not forgetting the boys, a Corellian and a farmboy all alone in war. [face_love] [face_love]

PS
    Sorry, the day starts later for us here in the US
    I know! Time zones is a really very disturbing matter which me and Lex have already discussed a lot of times! :D

3. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    You know, that summary was almost enough to make me like Mon Mothma. Almost. :p

Still, I can understand Leia's fears now that Mon Mothma is dead... It could hurt the war effort a lot, and the instability alone could be bad. Not to mention what could happen if Borsk gets elected... *shudders* (Which leads me to suspect that's exactly what you'll do. [face_mischief] )

It's good to see Leia misses Han, though. [face_love] Now she justs needs to get off her rear end, contact him, and tell him. (Like that'll happen! [face_not_talking] )

Great post! :D

4. bladex2

bladex2 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Good post :D

5. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Woo. Those first chapters were intense. And I missed the first chapter! :eek: [face_blush] I feel even more terrible because it was written on my diary! [face_blush]

Mon Mothma? Assassinated? That was quite unexpected. And your writing it from your first post,... well I don't think that it's a good sign. ;)
    Unless, it is my reading of all your evil stories that make me the worst in future?? :p

Well, now that Mothma's dead... (I won't say that I liked her, but I had a pang of sorrow when reading. I really don't understand why nobody likes her. After all, she rebelled against the Empire, and without her help the Alliance wouldn't have been created, would it? :p No, just kidding I disliked her.) Now, what was I saying? Yeh, now that she's dead I hope this :mad: Bothan won't be the next President! It would be a greater disaster for the Republic. Yet, if Leia becomes the new Chief of State, she will be so busy that she won't be able to make up with our beloved scoundrel!! I want them to make up! :_| Argh, awful dilemma...
    Right, you're the author! (A evil one, but the author nonetheless. ;) ) So, I think that I should wait and see.

[face_idea] I could bribe you! [face_idea] Hmm, some delicious cheesecakes... We both know that it's hard to resist... Hmmm

~Lelila @};-

PS: Excuse me my advance because I won't post often. The second part of my exams are going to start tomorrow, and it will take up a lot of time. In fact, it will most certainly last until July, 12th. I hate exams! :mad: I hate them even more because they're necessary... *sighs*

Edit: I used my 250th post in this story. :D I'm also celebrating my first anniversary on the JCF boards today. My first post, one year ago, with for your story Convalescence, and today, it is once again one of your stories. If it isn't fidelity, I don't know what it is! LOL [:D]

6. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post-I loved the last bit!

7. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    Hey LP, another quality story.

Good to have you back.

8. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Wow! A wonderful start.

I've been waiting for this sequal, and now it's here!!!

~M

9. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    *delurks* [face_dancing]

Yay, I'm not that late this time! :p This totally caught me by surprise, but a really really nice one! Hooray for the continuing genius of LP! =D=

I love the way you explain so much background in a brief but detailed way, LP. Fills us in well without bogging down the story--and I can't describe it, but...I just love how you do it! (Gee, that was academic of me. [face_laugh])

Now bring on the rest of the crew, and unload the ANGST! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [face_devil] (You can tell I'm a real glutton for it, no? [face_mischief])

10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    And now the biggest question of all:

What next?

Yes, what? That is the important question. [face_devil] Lovely as always, Jieh. :D

11. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

LaYa_: Thanks! ;)

RogueSticks: I truly hope you plan on fixing things between Leia and Han SOON. I've been in an absolute state after the way you left things in TJP.

- The pertinent question being, WHICH state have you been in? :eek:

TheCrazyRodian: Wow! I'm so flattered that you've read my other stuff. Great to see you here now, and I hope to see more of you ;)

Tekli_theInsane: Welcome to the thread! :)

RebelMom: Borsk and Leia? Slinging it out? [face_whistling]

GreatOnes: is it that everytime I type Mothma I think of a giant flying moth fighting Godzilla

- Ahhh...sigh...that really puts me in mind of those old Saturday afternoon matinees on TV...

J_M_Bulldog: *thwacks Leia* There wouldn't be silence if you hadn't of pushed Han away. I can understand that you were grieving but you took it too far.

- WOW! Even after four months we haven't forgiven Leia, have we? :eek:

TiaRaye: We'll see Han before long. I like to have my scoundrel around every once in a while ;)

HanSolo29: Fix the silence between Han and Leia? But...but...but...you all KNOW that I thrive on angst, right? [face_devil]

Jedi-2B: Why, thank you! I'm glad you liked the set up!

Now, when are we going to see Mara, Han, & Luke?

- Boy, you do cut to the chase, don't you? :p

calgary: Well, I've promised fireworks between Han and Leia at some point. Just not when.... [face_whistling]

starwarsfan68: Do you really want Leia to be the new president of the Republic? Wouldn't that just give her LESS time with Han? ;)

Solo_Fan: Hopefully he will have enough concern to give his wife a call. I believe it is now a really good thing that Leia has Mara staying with her.

- cackles gleefully....

Jayden112233: Thank you! :)

Reesie: Thanks! [:D]

JSM: I don't know why people hate her. Sure she keeps Leia from Jedi training, but what's she to do: Leia's a politions!

- Well, I don't mind that she keeps Leia from Jedi training, since in my scenario Leia's already finished, but I don't like Mon Mothma's political machinations.

JediArwen: will people in GFFA have more common sense than people in this galaxy? And although if they know what is good for them they?ll choose Leia, I strongly doubt that the good for the people in GFFA is the same as the good for H/L.

- Ahhh! That question is the crux of the matter, isn't it? ;)

Darth_Lex: It's good to see Leia misses Han, though. Now she justs needs to get off her rear end, contact him, and tell him. (Like that'll happen! )

- Lex, my dear...you know me so well...and you know I don't really like to give my readers happy :p

bladeX2: Thank you!

jedi-lelila: * grins * WOW! I'm so impressed with your use of faces!!! [face_dancing]

- And yes, I LOVE cheesecake--not that it will make me be nice in this story...

-- And good luck on your tests! [face_good_luck]

Kab730: Thanks!

WILFBIRD: Wow! Great to see you again! Thanks!

Marsa: Thank you! I'm glad to see you, too!

ThePariah: Great to see you on this thread, too! Hope to see more of you.

Gabri_Jade: [:D] @};-

See you all tomorrow!

12. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    WOW! You killed Mon Mothma in the very beginning! Well good for you :D (I never really liked her anyway, you know)

I'm very happy you're back to posting, LadyPadme! :D I have to say I was bummed that over the last week I have been too busy until now to really get into the story. But now I am here and ready to read, read, read!

Keep up the great work. Oh and I guess another post tomorrow! :D

13. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *waves*

Ready and rarin to cause havoc and mischief :D [face_devil]

*bounces giddily* I'm so happy this story is up and on its way, LP. Twas a pleasant surprise and good news to hear.

Finally, Reek relented. ?It?s bad news, Councilor. Very bad news indeed.? He paused, and then said, ?Mon Mothma has been assassinated.?

Bwahahaha! I know i shouldnt laugh at that, but i cant help myself :p

Just please dont let that good for nothing Bothan take her place! :eek:

Cant wait to see what the others are up to, esp Mara. Force only knows what she's gone through these past four months.

Glad to have you back in the game, LP. You were missed :)

::Windstar Out::

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

TKeira_Lea: Welcome back to the story [:D] I'm so glad to see you again.

...and congratulations on your gazillion nominations for the Fanfic awards! :)

...and further congratulations on getting ARCHIVED!!! Woot!!!

Bri_Windstar: * gives youngster a hug and some eurocider * Glad to see you back, too ;)

More right away!

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Three

Bright sunlight was streaming through the windows at the end of the hallway when Leia stepped out of her bedroom into the corridor. She paused for a moment outside her room and turned instinctively toward the closed door right beside hers.

The room had initially been set up as a nursery for Leia?s fourth child, but Ralia Padmé Solo was never to know the soft frilly nest that had been prepared for her welcome; instead, the prematurely born infant had found a watery grave on Mon Calamari?and the most unlikely person in all the galaxy now occupied the quarters.

It was Mara Jade, the former Emperor?s Hand. The same woman who had tried to kill Leia and Luke under the Emperor?s orders; the same woman who had almost put Han in a hoverchair for life when she fired on their shuttle as they escaped from the exploding second Death Star.

Since the fall of the Empire four years ago, Luke had been searching for the elusive woman; in a strange twist of fate, Mara had also been searching for Luke, although they were both looking for very different reasons. Before Tauro declared himself as the leader of the Empire, he had been known about the galaxy as a successful businessman and entrepreneur. Left without resources after the Emperor?s death, Mara had gone to work for Tauro as a pilot in one of his shipping subsidiaries. Her goal had been to earn enough money to allow her to begin her search for Luke Skywalker, whom she had vowed to kill. Her superlative flying skills, however, led her to Tauro?s attention, and she was engaged to fly his personal yacht, the Ptyrion.

It turned out that Tauro was also searching for Luke. As part of his Jedi peacekeeping activities, Luke had broken up and exposed several of Tauro?s lucrative underworld operations, although the Jedi had never been able to actually trace the activity to Tauro himself. However, Luke?s activities had cost Tauro trillions in profits and Tauro decided Luke needed to be neutralized. He could have ordered the Jedi killed, but instead, decided to capture Luke with the intent of ?persuading? him to train his own Force-sensitive daughter, Jen. Luke was captured on a mid-Rim planet called Nuoroni, and taken aboard the Ptyrion.

It seemed the perfect opportunity for Mara to achieve her goals and to kill Luke; however, while she was piloting the ship back to Tauro?s home base on Elyroden, she inadvertently came across Tauro?s then-hidden weapon, the NCA. Discovering that Mara had stumbled upon this secret, Tauro ordered her execution, but Luke uncovered the plot and was able to help rescue Mara. They escaped in one of Tauro?s shuttles. The shuttle was damaged by laser-fire, but managed to escape to the deserted Cyronia system before Tauro?s men could obliterate them.

Shipwrecked, Luke and Mara stayed on Cyronia for two months. At first, they were forced into a truce for mutual survival, but over time, they had learned mutual respect and admiration for each other, and finally, became friends. Luke had even begun training Mara to become a Jedi knight.

Through a combination of luck and the Force, Leia, Han and Chewbacca were able to rescue Luke and Mara from the deserted planet. They returned to Coruscant where Mara spent weeks recovering from a wild-forin attack she had sustained just before the rescue. During that time, Mara was able to give Luke valuable information about Palpatine?s organization and military secrets; Leia used this leverage to help Mara avoid imprisonment and trial for her prior alleged war crimes as Palpatine?s agent. Leia made a deal with the Galactic Bureau of Intelligence to have Mara live with her?essentially under house arrest, but still something preferable to prison?if Mara would continue to cooperate with New Republic intelligence to help in the war effort against Tauro.

And now?an odd couple if there ever was one?Leia and Mara lived together in the Solos? apartment these last four months. The coexistence was tenuous, for although Leia had agreed to shelter Mara, and had even agreed to take ove

16. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Errr. That last sentence does not bode well. Nope. :eek:

Great chapter.... I need just a little bit of Han.... ;)

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    ?Don?t roll your eyes at me,? Leia said severely.

LOL! You tell her, Leia. ;) Though, who among us could levitate twelve objects at once? [face_laugh]

Had she only known what lay in store for her that day, she would have faced the day with an even greater sense of dread.

Three words:

Fey'lya
    Fey'lya
    Fey'lya

Okay, now we're down to just needing to check in on Luke and Han, and see how they're missing their womenfolk. :p

18. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    And Mara comes to stage... =D=

?I know that,? Mara said firmly. ?To kill an enemy, it?s expedient to cut off the head.?
    Well, I think Leia should listen to Mara. After all she was raised by the galaxy number one in manipulation and knowing-the-how-to-seize-power-and-become-emperor!

Now, when shall we have the boys? Four months all alone... :( [face_thinking]

[face_idea] Hehehehe! [face_devil]

Do something or I am thinking on taking Gabri and go there to comfort them... [face_love] Since I have no problem in which one, Gabri could have her farmboy and the scoundrel will be for me... [face_whistling]

JediArwen is running to hide... Then she gets her head out of the corner
    Gabri are you in the plan?
    and gets out quickly before an :mad: LP makes Leia to assault her with lightning...
    :eek:

:p [face_laugh]

19. Tekli_theInsane

Tekli_theInsane Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Great post! :)

The room had initially been set up as a nursery for Leia?s fourth child, but Ralia Padmé Solo was never to know the soft frilly nest that had been prepared for her welcome; instead, the prematurely born infant had found a watery grave on Mon Calamari

:_| WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :_|

Leia could detect a chip the size of a Super Star Destroyer on Mara?s shoulder.

[face_laugh] Loved it.

?I know that,? Mara said firmly. ?To kill an enemy, it?s expedient to cut off the head.?

That was extremely Mara. :)

Had she only known what lay in store for her that day, she would have faced the day with an even greater sense of dread.

:eek: Dah dah dum... Is this foreshadowing the... angst? :eek:

BRING IT ON! [face_dancing]

:D Great!

20. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wonderful chapter, as always ;)

[Yoda's voice] Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [/Yoda's voice] [face_thinking]

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Although Mara?s dedication was commendable, Leia sometimes found Mara?s single-mindedness of purpose to be a little frightening in its intensity. That is a very Mara attribute.
    ?I know that,? Mara said firmly. ?To kill an enemy, it?s expedient to cut off the head.? That's true, but it could also have been somebody taking advantage of the opportunity as well.

22. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    Mara rolled her eyes in response.

Leia should just consider living with Mara practice for when her kids are teenagers. I'm sure they won't be as neat and quiet as Mara, but it seems like the general principle. It could be worse, Leia could be living with Fey'lya, but then she might turn to the Darkside. And speaking of Fey'lya, I wonder if he'll accuse Mara of killing Mon Mothma leaving Leia to defend her. I know, you don't give hints. [face_not_talking]

23. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    I would not put it past Fey'lya to blame Leia for Mon Mon Mothma's death.

24. Funk_Jazzer

Funk_Jazzer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2004
    This story is really great! I went back and read the other two, so I'm all set to read this one, and it's awesome. :) I liked the Mara/Leia interaction. Hopefully we'll get to see them bond more?

25. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I love that Leia doesnt take her disrespect lying down. It seems Mara still has a few things to learn when it comes to manners or gratitude.

Or maybe she just misses Luke way more than i think she does :p

Eurocider?! :eek: *bounces* :D

Gabri wont be happy, though :p

::Windstar Out::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.