A picnic meet?

Discussion in 'South' started by moosemousse, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_Antilles Jedi Knight

star 1
    Getting the impression that this one's not happening then? :(

Never mind, It's probably for the best as I haven't gotten used to my new car yet, after the last one expired rather dramatically, D'oh!!! *visualises money puring down drain*

If anyone's up for a movie trip or some other excursion I can do lifts to make sure one of these meets actually happens?
  2. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    This one is still happening. :)
  3. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah, all fixed and still on.
  4. Paul_Antilles Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool enough, what's the cunning plan?

Here's me, been looking at the official meets thing for updates!
  5. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Um, basically, Rach and I are going to catch the 10:30 train from Salisbury to Portsmouth and Southsea station, hopefully getting there at about 11:45-11:50ish. John should be meeting us there, possibly. You can meet us there too, if you want :p

Then, we go get some food, have a picnic, if the weather's any good, and then take the photo, then I have no idea :p
  6. Paul_Antilles Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmmmm, I'll endevour to be there. How to recognise you guys?

I'm only about 50/50 for it, as I need to buy a new car to get there in the morning. My last one is being looted for parts by Frenchman in Montpellier! We shall see..... we shall see.
  7. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    [image=http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v107/175/39/788515407/n788515407_822382_6826.jpg]

I'm the one with the afro, Rach is the one on my right.

[image=http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v107/175/39/788515407/n788515407_822419_6636.jpg]

And I'm again with an afro, and John's in the middle :p
  8. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    And LadyPoison's the one with Ewok ears :p
  9. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Weather for today looks good, so I'm hopeful that we'll have a picnic. :)

I'll need to catch the 3:27 train home.
  10. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Did the meet, Rach got the picture, have no idea where Paul got to :p Next time, we need a pic of you :p And your phonenumber. It's hard to check things online when you're already in Portsmouth.

Anyway, we had some fun being silly. Talked about some ideas for upcoming meets.

Bath Meet, been in planning for a while now, should resurrect it and get started.

Exeter Meet, when Maat gets back from wherever in the world she is at the moment :p

Collectormania 12, obviously :p

Isle Of Wight meet, so that we can include Mr. Carbonite-Kid more easily :p

Jedi-Con, again, obviously :p

And given the arrival of a brand new member from Andover, either an Andover, Basingstoke or Salisbury meet has to be worked on :p
  11. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'd go for a Salisbury meet, but it'd have to be before October as I start Uni then.
  12. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  13. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Rach got the photo, not me :p
  14. KIRA-SHAY Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm only around during the last week or so of August, then I'm off to uni again... :( But Andover, Basingstoke or Salisbury are all Ok for me! ;)
  15. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, Salisbury's probably easiest for me, but a train ticket to Andover only costs 6 quid, which is the same as my bus ticket to Salisbury anyway :p
  16. KIRA-SHAY Jedi Master

star 4
    The choice is yours, but I happen to know that both Salisbury and Basingstoke are more interesting than Andover! It has even been described as a 'cultural oasis' before now... You have been warned! :D
  17. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I went up there 3 weeks ago with my bandmate to go to Fopp, only to find it'd closed down. Such a nice waste of time.

On the upside though, Andover's Waterstones is much better stocked than Salisbury's. I found two books in there that still haven't appeared on shelves in this rubbish place :p
  18. KIRA-SHAY Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, but with the closure of the stupidly over priced FOPP, we no longer have any decent shops to buy DVDs or CDs in! :p

The one saving grace is that we still have a Game and a Game Station... And our Waterstones is indeed awesome! ;)
  19. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah, Game and Gamestation are fun. I keep going on buying sprees now that Xbox games are really cheap :p

And Fopp was apparently good for independant releases, which is why I wanted to go because I don't know many metal bands on Major labels :p

Though I did find a damn good offer in Andover's Tesco. 4 quid for A Clockwork Orange DVD :D
  20. KIRA-SHAY Jedi Master

star 4
    Tell me about it - especially as most PC games are about £40 now (I don't own any consoles), and my old laptop won't run them anyway, so I have to resort to older second hand games... :p

I'll admit that FOPP was especially amazing for Anime DVDs (still kicking myself for not buying them while I had the chance... :( )

Ooo... Really? £4?!? *Wanders down to Tesco.... :D
  21. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I saw some Anime DVD's in the Oxford Street Virgin, in London, but I couldn't be bothered to buy them because they were charging 18 quid for 3 episodes. Shocking...

So if Fopp had good ones, I'm annoyed I missed out :p
  22. KIRA-SHAY Jedi Master

star 4
    Coo.. Rip off! Although I was going more for the Studio Ghibli films... They had Spirited Away for £6! :p
  23. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Wow, not bad. I seriously need to buy that film. Best anime film ever, though I haven't seen Princess Mononoke or Howl's Moving Castle yet :p
  24. KIRA-SHAY Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't seen Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke, but I own Howl's Moving Castle - quality film! ;) Although I'm still trying to work out why Anime men always look like women... [face_thinking]
  25. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    The artists probably like long hair :p

Though in Love Hina (which is ridiculously funny :p ) the men look like men, but they're just n00bs and always getting their asses kicked by women.

That's about the only anime I've been watching recently :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.