main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Pilot Story (OT - The Adventures of Wedge Antilles)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RogueLead11, Jul 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    ...Rogueleader? (100) :D

2. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    Uhh... I guess a promise is a promise.

*gets down on hands and knees and kisses IA's feet*

Ptooey. Yuck. Feet. :)

3. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
  4. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    LOL

IA don't you think that was slightly oh cheating or playing unfairly.

5. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    This is an awesome story. I can't wait for more!!

6. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    LOL, yeah maybe it was Padawan3...and if this were RL I would do things differently. But it's not RL and I like giving Rogueleader a hard time. :)

7. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Shame shame! This was on the *19th* page!

8. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    *hangs head in shame*

9. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Not really your fault, RL11. Wait what am I saying?! (j/k :) Come on, give us a post!

10. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    The thread is slipping....up from the 11th page!

11. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    Not to worry! Post coming today! :)

12. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
  13. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    As promised...

The medical center was darker than any of the other places I?d been thus far. I paused and blinked, willing my eyes to adjust while I took stock of my surroundings. There was no one else around. The bacta tank sitting in the corner of the room cast an ethereal glow on stone floor and the hulking shapes of machinery and equipment lurked in the gloom like unseen monsters, lying in wait for some unsuspecting victim to pass by.

I crept forward, chiding myself. Now wasn?t the time for childish fears.

There was a row of cots strung out along the farthest wall. I crept from bed to bed, eyeing the mysterious shapes under the blankets. Nobody had ever told me where Maire was and it was too dark for me to see clearly from a distance. Choosing one cot at random, I crouched down, fumbled in my pocket for the glow-rod I?d stashed there?

There was the rasp of metal on leather and I felt the cool kiss of a blaster barrel as it pressed non-too gently into my jaw.

?Turn around,? a voice said from behind me. ?Slowly.?

I brought up my hands so they were level with my shoulders and did as ordered, shuffling around in a confined circle. The blaster muzzle eased away enough to let me move. I tried to follow it with my eyes, managed to keep it in my peripheral vision. I couldn't make out whoever was holding the weapon because of the dimness of the room.

But with any luck?

I clenched my right fist to make reassure myself the glow-rod was still there. The tiny cylinder was as big as my ring finger and it was only because of its size that I'd been able to palm it without my attacker seeing. The front end with the bulb was at the heel of my hand, near the pinky.

By then, I?d turned around completely. The blaster hovered in front of me, the barrel lined up neatly with my forehead.

"Who are you?? the voice from before demanded. ?What do you want??

I tried to smile, although I doubted they could see it. ?None of your business,? I said. At the same time, my fingers fumbled for the switch on the glow-rod and a narrow but concentrated beam of light sliced through the darkness, at about the level that I?d estimated my attacker?s eyes to be.

There was a vehement curse and the blaster muzzle wavered; I threw myself to the floor just before two crimson lasers cooked the air where my head had initially been. I kicked half desperately at the gunman?s legs, sweeping their feet out from under them by more luck than skill. The blaster skittered away over the stones. I lunged forward as the person tried to get up; we ended up rolling on the floor, grappling. Somewhere in the struggle, my glow-rod fell, its light casting a spotlight askew of both my attacker?s face and mine.

We stopped cold.

?Ace!? the gunman (no, gun woman) blurted.

?Sithspawn, Maire, I could have hurt you!? I hissed, staring up at her (by some fluke, I was on the bottom of the pile) and wondering whether my own countenance bore the same shocked expression. ?Do you greet everyone who comes to see you this way??

?Only the suspicious ones that come sneaking in while the lights are off,? she retorted, lowering the fist she?d raised to clock me with. ?There are regular visiting hours, you know.?

?I?ll keep that in mind.? I rubbed my jaw ruefully, then made a show (Baby style) of looking her up and down. ?Nice dress,? I said.

Her cheeks flushed and she wasted no time in clambering off me. Maire was wearing one of those paper-thin hospital gowns that tied in the back. If she hadn?t been wearing a slip underneath, the garment would have been very nearly transparent. Maire went and retrieved her blaster, matching my glare with one of equal intensity as she brushed herself off. ?Thanks,? she said. ?Standard wear.?

I pushed myself to my knees, then to my feet. ?I suppose this means you?ve got a clean bill of health now.?

?Not really. My reflexes are shot. I shouldn?t have fallen for that glow-rod trick you pulled ? it?s one of the oldest in the book.? She walked to one of the cots, pulled out a bag from underneath.

14. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Wow, that was great Rogueleader. Hurry up and post more.

15. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    That was very good. That explains why Tomak is so thorough and comitted into hunting those rebles down.

16. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    And here I am thinking that Janson made a bad joke while Tomak was around (j/k). That was great!

17. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    LOL, Corell! I was actually thinking about using that for a little bit! :)

18. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
  19. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Up from page 4!

20. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Post soon. Post now.

21. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    UP!!!! that was such an awesome post

22. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    To the TOP!!

23. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    ...and again!

24. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    *sheepish* I'll try to get a post up soon, guys! School is pummeling me! :(

25. The Rover

The Rover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Hey, Rogue

I wasn't going to respond before since you have such a huge following...and rightfully so, because this solo story of your is beautifully written. I havent gotten through and read the entire thing yet.. ( you, above all people knows the reason WHY. -smile )

But I just wanted to share my thoughts on your touching and humorous tale ( especially from what I read so far. )

Take your time and Concentraite on your school. Myself and the many folks in here who love your works will not leave until you bring us the final chapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.