main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Place to Call My Own - prequel to Far From Home, Qui-Gon's parents, updated 6/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved the playful bantering between Amri and Qui.

I've got to hand it to Lyman, he sure knows how to fool an overbearing mother!!

Very nice twist at the end - for a minute there I thought things were going to get ugly.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm not overly fond of Lyman, but he does keep things interesting. Love how Lenora was thrown a bit, so was I. I adore Qui. More, please! :D

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lea-El Hope you like it! :D And still sorry about that mistaken PM. [face_blush]

dianethx Lyman is one sneaky guy! [face_mischief]

Healer_Leona Me? Set you up? O:) Never! ;)

KELIA He's had lots of practice, I imagine. [face_batting]

Dooku-Darklighter He DOES keep things interesting! :p

[i]This chapter is for Leona, who has had a bad day.[/i] [face_hugs]

[b]Chapter 9[/b]

?Does anyone want to tell me what?s going on?? she snapped as she glowered at the two grinning idiots. The thin thread by which she was holding onto her patience ? and her temper ? was pulled taut when Lyman winked at her audaciously.

?Now, Lenora,? Amri had decided to take the smarter route and try and soothe her. He reached out as if to pull her into his arms.

She neatly eluded his grasp and moved several steps away, her scowl growing fiercer. ?No touching,? she chided, shaking her finger at him. ?Not until I get some explanations.? Her eyes narrowed as she studied them both. ?[i]Good[/i] explanations.?

?Actually, I?m not sure [i]what[/i] is going on here?exactly,? Amri admitted and turned to his friend. ?Maybe you should take it from here?? he suggested pointedly.

Lyman shrugged and shoved his hands in his pockets. ?My father [i]did[/i] urge me to come here and court you,? he told Lenora with a charming smile. ?That wasn?t a lie.?

?Go on,? Lenora answered grimly. ?I?m listening. For the moment,? she added pointedly.

With an uncertain glance at Amri, who gave him a look that clearly said he had better get on with his explanation and it had better be a good one, Lyman sighed. ?Well, I guess that first I should explain how the big one here and I know each other.?

?That might be a good place to start,? Lenora muttered, rolling her eyes.

?She?s got a temper, your lady does,? Lyman said as he nudged Amri.

?You?re not helping,? Amri hissed and gave his friend a hard shove.

?No, you?re not,? Lenora agreed between clenched teeth.

?Some people have no sense of humor,? Lyman grumbled and assumed a long-suffering expression. ?Okay, my father owns a shipping company as I said. And Amri-Lon used to work for us.?

?I?m listening?but this had better get interesting really fast,? Lenora said.

?Well, a few years back, my father thought it just might teach me something if I had to start out in his company at the bottom. Sort of get to know how it worked from the inside out, from the bottom up to the top.? He snorted and shook his head. ?Thought it might build my character and-?

?Which it didn?t,? Amri interrupted.

?And that I might learn to appreciate what I had,? Lyman continued on as if Amri had not spoken.

?It didn?t,? Amri repeated, giving Lenora an empathic nod. ?He?s a spoiled rich boy. Always has been, always will be.? Lenora wanted to laugh because, even with the harsh words, there was a note of genuine affection in Amri?s voice.

?Gods, I hope so,? Lyman answered, clutching at his chest. ?I?m much too pretty to be poor,? he told Lenora, batting his lashes. ?Some old hag would take ridiculous advantage of my wretched financial state and make me her paid companion.? He shuddered dramatically.

Lenora felt a smile tugging at her lips. Lyman was outrageous and she knew she should not like him; he was an irrepressible reprobate and unashamed of it. But there was something intrinsically likeable about the man and she could not help herself.

?Yes,? she said dryly. ?I can see the danger.?

Lyman laughed and gave Amri another hard nudge. ?She likes me,? he mocked. ?I?m prettier than you are.?

?And a lot smaller,? Amri warned. ?I can pound you into the ground with one fist.?

?Don?t touch the face,? Lyman said quickly. ?I might need it if my father disinherits me.?

?You won?t need it if you?re dead,? Amri reminded him.

?Enough you two,? Lenora cried, plopping her hands on her hips. ?May I remind you that you?re [i]supposed[/i] to be trying to explain all of this to me??

?Oh right,? Lyman apologized

4. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Lyman laughed and gave Amri another hard nudge. ?She likes me,? he mocked. ?I?m prettier than you are.?

?And a lot smaller,? Amri warned. ?I can pound you into the ground with one fist.?

?Don?t touch the face,? Lyman said quickly. ?I might need it if my father disinherits me.?

?You won?t need it if you?re dead,? Amri reminded him.

I loved this part! [face_love] [face_laugh]

Wonderful update, VaderLR64! =D=

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Aww, see that's just what I was saying. The JC is so much more. [:D]

What a delightful and heartwarming post. Lenora is right, Lyman is hard not to like right off and seeing Amri and Lenora back together melts me to goo. [face_love] [face_love]

6. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I just can't seem to get this silly, stupid grin off my face. That was just so...*sighs contentedly* [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

7. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    That was neat. I can't wait to see what happens to mom when see finds out that someone else stole her daughter away from the cute rich kid.
    :mad:

Thanks for the PM@};-

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Lovely

[face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

I loved the teasing between Amri and Lyman who, let me take a wild guess, is off to find the nearest mirror? :p

Great update

=D==D= =D==D=

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Just finished Chapter 9...Lyman really is too much. Amri is adorable and his Lady has some fire in her! More, please. :D

10. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    VaderLVR64, you already know I [face_love] your writing.

Please add me to the pm list here! Are we getting an update soon? [face_praying]

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Musing Only good friends can threaten each other like that! :p

Healer_Leona Remember, that's Qui-Gon's daddy! [face_mischief]

Gina I'm glad you liked it! :p

Lea-El There will be hell to pay!

KELIA And then a quick trip to find some lady to charm! ;)

Dooku-Darklighter She's no damsel in distress, that's for sure!

Lauren_Solo Very soon. Like now! :D

[b]Chapter 10[/b]

When Amri could finally bring himself to move away from Lenora, he was feeling both bemused and befuddled. What was it about her that could reduce him to gibberish and sweaty palms with a few kisses? He had so much he wanted to say to her, and yet could not find the words to do so, at least, not the sort of words she deserved.

?Gods I?ve missed you,? he murmured as he cradled her face in his hands. He wished he could have said it more eloquently, but the truth of it was there.

?You better have,? she teased and then Lenora rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. ?It took you long enough to come home.?

?If I could have folded space, I would have,? he assured her. She felt absolutely perfect in his arms. It felt [i]right[/i] in a way that nothing else had before. ?I?m surprised you remembered my name.? But there was no doubt in his voice. Their time apart had only strengthened his conviction that he would never feel about anyone else the way he did about Lenora.

?Big stupid gundark,? she said affectionately and leaned back to stare up into his eyes once more. ?You have a way of making an impression,? she assured him.

?That?s good to know,? he answered with a smile.

?Are you going to kiss me again?? Lenora asked hopefully, her lips already puckering just a bit.

?Soon enough,? he replied. ?Gods but you?re a greedy girl.? Greedy for [i]him[/i], of all the things in the galaxy.

?Only for you,? she answered.

?Also good to know,? Amri murmured. ?What am I going to do with you??

Lenora gazed up at him with a positively lustful smile. ?I?ve got several very good suggestions,? she told him and then she looked around them. ?But I?m not sure that a garden is the best place to put them into practice.?

?You?re trying to get me killed, I think,? Amri said, but there was only laughter in his voice.

?I?m not worth dying for?? she asked.

?Oh yeah, you?re worthy dying for,? Amri assured her. ?But I?m hoping I?ll get a chance to enjoy whatever it is we?ve got before I go to my maker.?

?What [i]is[/i] it that we?ve got, Amri?? Lenora asked, her voice suddenly solemn.

?Something special, once in a lifetime,? he whispered and then he stepped back a pace. ?And nothing we need to rush.?

?I like to rush,? she said.

?I know you do.? Amri laughed and shook his head. ?You?d tempt a statue, you know that don?t you??

?But I can?t tempt you?? Lenora murmured as she moved away from him and went deeper into the garden. He followed her, as she had known he would. Looking over her shoulder, she laughed and then suddenly ran for the back gate that led to the forest beyond.

?Wait!? he cried out, but she only ran faster, picking up her skirts and moving with surprising speed. She ran like a wild woodland creature, her steps sure and graceful.

Amri cursed softly under his breath as he ran after her, taunted by the sound of her laughter. He caught a glimpse of her skirts and then she disappeared again as she ran around the trunk of an ancient giant of a tree.

?Damn it, Lenora!? he called out, but there was only the sound of the wind rustling the leaves in answer. ?I?m not going to chase you through this whole damned forest, you know!?

?You will if I want you to.? Lenora?s voice drifted to him through the trees but he could not pinpoint her location. She sounded very sure of herself, he noted with a grin. And had every right to be.

?You?re right, you hoyden!? he said, laughing out loud.

He heard some brush rustling off to his left and took off at a sprint, caught the flash of color and made for it. B

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely and sweet. I loved that they are being playful and joyous.

This was adorable.

?That?s true,? Lenora answered with a nod of her head. ?But what they want for me isn?t what I want, Amri.? She stood on her toes and placed a soft, chaste kiss on his cheek. ?They want things for me. I want love.?

?Love I?ve got,? Amri assured her. ?I?ve got that in plenty and the supply is never ending. It?s credits that?ll be in short supply?at least for a while.?

?It?s a good thing I?m not for sale then,? Lenora answered with just a touch of bitterness.

?No, you?re not,? he hastened to reassure her. ?But if you link your life with mine, there won?t be new dresses every week and you?ll have to work, at least pitch in. There are no servants at my house, but I?ll work beside you and take care of you the best I can.? He paused and when he continued, his voice was husky with emotion. ?I can offer you myself and not much else.?

Just the right touch of sensuality and sweetness.

Great job.

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooh these two are just sickeningly in love. I'm so jealous. :p

A truly beautiful post. Left me streaming tears.

14. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    What was it about her that could reduce him to gibberish and sweaty palms with a few kisses?

;) She's got it!

?If I could have folded space, I would have,? he assured her.

Aww, he's so sweet. :*

?You have a way of making an impression,? she assured him.

:p I'm sure.

?Soon enough,? he replied. ?Gods but you?re a greedy girl.? Greedy for him, of all the things in the galaxy.

It's good to be greedy for our guy. [face_love]

?I?ve got several very good suggestions,? she told him and then she looked around them. ?But I?m not sure that a garden is the best place to put them into practice.?

[face_mischief] Oh, that sounded like a challenge to me, lol.

?Something special, once in a lifetime,? he whispered

*heart pounds* Oh, how wonderful.

Amri cursed softly under his breath as he ran after her, taunted by the sound of her laughter.

LOL! Some man, can't run as fast as a girl. If she's anything like me, then she's very slow, lol, and he's even slower. :p

But sometimes, slow is good. [face_blush]

He could see the faint sheen of perspiration on her brow, the high color in her cheeks. He let himself imagine that she would look much like that after they had made love and the thought made him shudder.

[face_love] So sweet. *fans self*

?You?ve already caught me, Amri.?

[face_batting] She wants her man!

?It?s a good thing I?m not for sale then,? Lenora answered with just a touch of bitterness.

Yeah, don't ya just hate it how some people think money can buy a girl? [face_frustrated]

?I?m thinking that I could get by with just your fine self to sustain me,? she whispered.

LOL! That's so romantic, but don't they also need some, like, food from time to time, you know. :p

=D= So romantic and sweet and gooey and just lovely!

15. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    They're a bit cocky, in a good way! :D

The fact they have eyes *only* for each other is so percious! [face_love]

I'm also reading: Far From Home, I noticed Qui-Gone I is dead. He isn't dead here, yet...is he?

Will the lovebirds announce their intentions to wed or ran away?

--------------------------------------------------

Far From Home:

Qui is so cute! He already loves the outdoors and eats leaves. :D Are both of his parents Force-sensitive?

=D=

16. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Awww....mush galore! [face_love]

Still, it's a good thing there's plenty of it for Amri and Lenora - they'll need all they can get when her parents find out about them. [face_worried]

17. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    1, 2, 3... Awwwww!!![face_love] [face_blush] :*

I love this story! Please let me know when the next update will be up. Thanks!:D

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    This story is about to go active again. :p I know. A miracle. [face_blush]

dianethx Thank you, because that was the note I was trying to hit. :)

Healer_Leona I'm glad you liked it! :D

Lauren_Solo Thank you so much for reading! [:D]

Dooku-Darklighter Qui-Gon the elder is still alive here. The sequel is many years later.

Musing They sure will. [face_worried]

angry_bendu1 It only took a year. [face_whistling]

I'll be updating soon. I'm working on the chapter now. :p

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

Chapter 11

Amri-Lon lowered his mouth to hers, not caring at that moment if Lyman or even her mother came upon them. How many lonely nights had he imagined this moment? How many times had he wondered if it would ever come about? He needed her, wanted her; he knew he could not live without her.

He had to kiss her, to feel her lips give way beneath his. Amri-Lon wanted to feel the smooth warmth of her skin, and impatiently he pushed aside the silken fabric of the gown from her shoulder. ?Lenora,? he whispered just before his lips traced a hot trail down her throat.

Her head lolled back and she moaned. ?Oh gods, Amri?? Then she straightened and her hands fluttered up to his chest.

Lenora tugged at his hair until their lips met once again, and he felt her struggling with the laces of his shirt. ?Don?t, Lenora,? he warned huskily.

?Why?? she asked softly, gazing up at him with innocent eyes.

?Because?? Amri took a deep, shuddering breath and then stepped away from her. ?I can?t do this and not?? He shook his head. ?You need to go home, Lenora. While I can still let you go.?

?I don?t want you to let me go,? Lenora pointed out as she moved toward him again. There was a triumphant smile on her face that made him uneasy.

Amri-Lon took a step back and held up his hands as if to keep her at bay. She simply smiled at him and shook her head in disappointment. ?It?s going to take more than that to keep me away from you, Amri-Lon Jinn.? She pushed past his hands and moved in close. Then she was pressed against him and he could feel the movements of her breathing. He looked down and saw her lips part slightly in a clear invitation for his kiss. ?I?m yours, Amri, and you?re mine.? She smiled, tilting her head as she studied him. ?There?s no going back now, is there? Not for either of us.?

He wrapped his arms around her. ?No, there?s no going back,? he agreed. ?May the gods help us.?

?Make love to me, Amri,? she whispered. ?I want to be a part of you ? I want to know how it feels to be?one with you.?

He tilted up her chin and met her gaze. ?Do you know what you?re asking me??

There was no hesitation in her eyes. ?Yes.?

?This won?t help things with your parents,? he predicted grimly.

?This isn?t about my parents,? Lenora murmured. ?This is about Amri-Lon and Lenora.?

?We should wait until we?re married,? he observed with a hint of desperation.

?Don?t you love me?? she asked with a quirk of her brow.

?More than life,? he answered. ?That?s why I-?

She threw her arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss. Amri sensed that there was nothing he could say to dissuade her, and his desire to do so was swiftly fading. All of the complications and dangers of giving into their passion faded away and there was nothing left but heat and need.

?Lenora?? His hands were shaking as she guided them to the fastenings of her gown. ?Are you sure??

Her smile was blinding. ?Of this? I?ve always been sure of this.?

?We?re in the forest,? he felt compelled to say.

?Then the goddess can give us her approval,? Lenora countered. With that, she gave a tug of his hand and they tumbled to the fragrant grasses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was setting while they snuggled in each other?s arms. From a distance, they could hear the call of the silvery lovebirds that came out at night. ?Their song is for us tonight,? she murmured as she placed a tender kiss on Amri?s chest. ?I never realized how beautiful their voices were.?

?They?re singing my funeral dirge if your parents find out what we?ve done,? Amri muttered, once more feeling the pang of guilt. Lenora laughed huskily and gave his belly a playful pinch.

?You?re feeling guilty,? she guessed with surprise. ?Imagine that.?

?Lenora, we should have waited until we had your parents? blessing for marriage,? Amri said anxiously. ?And you know it.?

?Then we would have waited forever,? Lenora snapped indignantly, sitting up. Her hair fell over her shoulders in dark waves and Amri had to re

20. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Yep, miracles do happen O:) ...with a lot of praying, too. [face_praying] But worth the wait!

It's the calm - sorta ;) - of mush before the storm of parental wrath. [face_worried]

Keep the posts coming, VaderLVR64!

21. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Yep, I agree with Musing! Well worth the wait![:D]

Fantastic update, it's nice to see this one continued.[face_dancing]

Have a great day!:D

[face_peace]

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?They want things for me. I want love.?

At least Lenora knows what is really important in life.

?We?ll be together, Lenora, and no one, not even your mother, is going to stop us.?

Brave words, Amri. But at least he knows he's going to have to fight to marry Lenora.

I'm so happy to see this story active again! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved that Lenora took charge like that. She certainly knows what she wants! [face_laugh]

?Maybe you?re not such a coward after all,? she replied soothingly.

?But you?ll always be a wanton,? he countered with a smirk.

?And aren?t you glad??

?I?ll thank the goddess every day of our lives,? he vowed.

Those two are made for each other. I can certainly see where Qui-Gon gets his stubbornness - from both of them. :p

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    They did move rather fast. It's disappointing that Amri caved on his principles. Good to see this updated I thought it was dead!

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    What more can I do then offer a heavy, satified sigh at this?

So glad to see more here. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.