main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

a place to chat

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by merlin, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Hey everyone, I'm officially back from L.A. My friend James and I went down there to see the Dodgers :) vs. Giants :( series. The Dodgers lost two of the three but they were all great games. Anyone who says that Baseball isn't fun to watch needs to go to a real big league game. These were my first and I was blown away.

Sorry I'm still excited.... :)

Washington

2. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    cool to have a fellow Dodger fan...now only if i can replace some of these Jazz fans with Laker fans id be in great company....I figure asking for fellow Colin Montgomerie fans might be asking a bit too much ;-)

3. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    Who's Colin Montgomerie?

I can relate. I love the Lakers, I love the Dodgers, I love the Red Wings... and then I'm encircled by idiots who don't know the first thing about Baseball or Hockey. All I ever hear is how the Lakers suck, and that Baseball and Hockey are boring. It really pisses me off. :mad:

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    How can you not love Hockey and baseball? Sure I don't know much about the sports but I find them fun to watch.

Maybe we can go to one or the other for a meeting. I'll look into it.

5. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    Yay Lakers! I like having people who like the teams I like. It's a nice change. Anyway, so I think it would be awesome to go to a Stingers game or something with you guys. :)

6. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I think a Stingers game would be great. If you sit in the general admission area in the outfield it's $5.00 a ticket. and the most expensive tickets are $8.00.

It'd be lots of fun.

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    There is also Harmons family nights. Monday nights you can get 7 tickets for $10. My only problem is I have survivor then but I may not be in it anymore after this week.

8. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Baseball sounds ok. I'm not a fan but I like you guys. :D[/color]

9. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    A ball game would be great!!! the cool thing about taking a group to a baseball game it that you can still chat alot without missing alot of the game...whereas in hockey (im a Habs and Carolina fan ;-) you gotta pay attention to it non stop. good fun..oh... Collin is my fave golfer...he's Scottish :) I love golf!

10. Jedi_Ace

Jedi_Ace Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    a ball game sounds fun count me in

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I looked up the Stingers Schedule and dates we can go. I was thinking Monday nights because of Harmons family night. You really can't beat the 7 for $10.

The 2 choices we have are. Monday August 12 against the Tucson Tornados and Monday August 26 against Tacoma Rainiers.

Which ones are best for everyone? I'd also like to get a positive head count a week before so I can pick up the right amount of tickets. Meaning whether or not I need to spend 10 or 20 bucks.

12. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    The 12th is better for me...

13. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I like the 12th also.

14. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]The 12th is just fine with me too. :D[/color]

15. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    not sure yet...im meeting with an independent film producer on mon to see if we want to join forces on a project...if so then i might be busy...but possibly not...we'll see..

16. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I'm going to revive the "a place to chat" thread.

So it's 4:25 in the morning (according to my computer clock). I can't sleep. I've just spent 5 hours reading Destiny's Way.

for everyone who didn't know, I've been looking for a new job these last two weeks, I had a real promising interview last week with this guy. I think it went really well. He told me that he'd have an answer by Tuesday, when he didn't call I called him and he told me he and some references to check on. He called me earlier, while Mary and I were galavanting, and left a message on my voice mail. The question I have is this: If you were calling some one to tell them that you weren't going to give them a job would you leave a message saying that you were at home and ask them to call you there. Or would you just say over the phone, "we've decided to go with another person."

I want to be optimistic about this but not so much that it's a let down when I alk to him on Thursday.

17. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    He left his home number? I think he wants to ask you out on a date...or maybe babysit his kids...hhmmm....

Pouncey-poo!

18. Darth_Doug

Darth_Doug Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    I agree with Pounce. Either you're about to be propositioned, or else he's probably going to offer you the job. Let's hope for the second option!

19. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    Well, it was the latter.

I called him back earlier today, and he offered me a job. I'm going to start next week.

I'm so happy.

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Wahoo Rob, you got a new job.

Now I need to find a new one for me. :D

21. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Congrats, Rob! What will you be doing?

Amy

22. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    It's Christmas help at a Game Stop store.

It doesn't pay a lot but it's only to pay for somethings that I need for my mission.

23. Darth_Doug

Darth_Doug Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Sounds like you'll be well connected in the game area anyway. And sometimes a job is a job is a job...

24. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    Exactly Doug.

25. TheRookie

TheRookie Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2002
    A job is only what you make of it. You can go to it with the attitude of I am going to hate it, or you can choose to make it fun (the Fish Philosophy).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.