main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST A Planet from The Old Republic game in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    It was mentioned by insider SQL on Jedi News.
    Does anyone have any thoughts? Sith planet Korriban maybe? New Mexico locations?

2. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Firstly, who is this SQL person and why should I take anything he says as being reliable insight into Episode 7?

Secondly, TOR (and KOTOR) has some great planets that would make for great locales in the movies. The Valley of the Dark Lords would look INCREDIBLE on film. Plus I could imagine a "nightmare" scene set within the Sith tombs, like a souped-up version of the Cave scene from ESB.

Just for vision:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the John Williams version of this plays in the background:

3. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    My favourites from TOR would be Korriban, Nal Hutta and Nar Shadda...maybe Tython as well (that fortress from the Bane novels would be cool) and yes, as far as we know the EU is toast, BUT if Bane is showing up in the bonus episodes of TCW, he will be elevated to canon[face_skull]

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    SQL has been Jedinews.co.uk main 'source' since September. Since Nothing has been announced beyond R2, release date (SQL was off by 1 month here, SQL kept saying 11/11/2015 ish maybe December if pushed back further), director, music, etc... hard to say how accurate he/she is. Just type SQL at jedinews to see what they said to make up your own oinion on the source, I personally think they've been likely right involving pinewood and the casting news is unknown though due to nothing known here to base what was said off of.

What I said about this on another thread here about an hour ago

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    SQL just said he doesn'tthink all of the OT3 will be back based on the story. GL already said they were signed prior to the sale, or close to it. So, what the he$$ is he talking about?

Straight from SQL:
    "For example I do not reveal plot details, scripts, photos, character profiles – nor will I. For two reasons:
    • 1) I do not wish to spoil anyone’s enjoyment of the movies.
    • 2) More importantly, I do not have access to that information!"
    So, if you don't have access to plot details, scripts, etc. how can you know what planets are involved?

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Well the planet is mentioned in the movies but not actually seen. As much as I would love to see Korriban or Tython, neither of them were mentioned in the movies that I can recall. Also, Nal Hutta or Nar Shaddah were NOT mentioned were they? So I take what SQL says with a HUGE grain of salt.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I can dispel this as false in one move. I posted last weekend that John Williams indirectly confirmed that Ford will be in SW by stating that he's scoring Indy 5. Harrison Ford is NOT going to be the only one of the Big 3 to return. That would be crazy, since he was by far the hardest one to get to return. BAM!

T-R- likes this.
  7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    and let's not forget, Mark has been working out for a few months. BAM!

Count Yubnub and Echo-07 like this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I've long hoped for an appearance of Korriban (particularly the Valley of the Dark Lords) in a Star Wars feature, never really believing it was anything more than a pipe dream.

Now we've been given reason to believe that the planet will appear in the bonus content of TCW, and given the advent of the ST, with the destruction of the Sith in ROTJ and the need for an antagonist of some sort in the new films, coupled with Episode VII's rumored location shooting in New Mexico, it seemed to me that there was suddenly a glimmer of hope.

Though it doesn't outright state that the TOR planet is the homeworld of the Sith, this is a rumor which gives me that much more hope. I say let it be done!

9. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    In the same breath, Carrie Fisher as well. ;) BAM!

T-R- likes this.
  10. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    That statement sort of implies "just added". So it's possible it's Makeb? So maybe we'll see the Hutts?

However, Korriban and Tython would look amazing on film and I would to see those worlds.

Jedirush2112 and Echo-07 like this.
  11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    BUT we have to keep in mind that the clue refers to a planet mentioned on film but not shown.

12. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Mentioned on film, but not shown, but also featured in TOR or could it also include KOTOR?

Dantooine? Corellia(was it mentioned)?

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Dantooine, Ord Matell, Kessel.

I haven't played TOR for a while so I don't know which planets were recently added.

14. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    When was Ord Mantell mentioned?

Oh yeah forgot about Kessel. So I'm gonna guess the Spice mines could be featured then if Kessel would be in the movie.

As well as looking at the OT, what about planets mentioned in the PT? Off the top of my head there was Bogden, Malastare, and Ansion.

15. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ TESB

Han mentioned a bounty hunter encounter there.

16. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Whose to say he didn't over hear someone who is privy to that info mentioning in a casual conversation.

17. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    We need a list of all the Planets talked about in the movies.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    SQL says absolutely nothing about the planet being mentioned in the movies.

SQL: Very little, but one small hint. Star Wars The Old Republic has added a planet that has long been mentioned but never seen on film…

A planet that has been long mentioned is Korriban, but if it was added recently to TOR I believe the last planet added was Makeb. But I don't recall too many fans talking about Makeb prior to its introduction in the game.

Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Good point. But the longest mention of planets has been from the movies since they've pre-existed the EU. So a bit of semantics but what planets have long been mentioned but never seen? Start with the movies, which, logically, we've done. How far back was Korriban or Tython mentioned? Nal Hutta or Nar Shaddah? Corellia I would love to see (started a thread in the Non-spoiler forum) but when was it first mentioned? OT novelization?

20. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Out of all the planets that they have added that haven't been mentioned in film, I don't think I'd want to see any of them. Especially since they all have movie counterparts and this was just a story tellers way to allow us gamers a chance to play in the world open-endedly without messing up things.

T-R- likes this.
  21. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    An extra planet mentioned by fans & in the game that wasn't in any films?

22. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Corellia really depends. While not directly mentioned by name Corellian freighters are mentioned in ANH by Han. Also Correllia is in the game.

nld3 that's essentially the idea. Korriban was first mentioned in the Tales of the Jedi comics from Dark Horse, so early to mid 90s. But as I've mentioned elsewhere, it appears that Korriban will be included in the bonus content of TCW.

23. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The spice mines of Kessel... oh yes... :)

TKT, CGI-BOBAFENT and ScorpionJedi like this.
  24. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    You know, one of the big complaints about the prequel trilogy was that it was just too kid friendly, so they could feature that as a way of reaching out to the adults?

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'll second this. "Insiders" without a lot of corroboration should not be taken at face value.

Although for the record, "long been mentioned but never seen on film" doesn't necessarily refer to the planet being mentioned in the films. So in theory it could be a long-established EU planet like Korriban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.