main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST A Planet from The Old Republic game in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    QFT

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Just some speculation: SQL seems to know a lot about Pinewood and sets... maybe s/he works on that end of things and working behind the scenes there hears a lot about who auditioned. That would explain how come most of the rumors we hear from SQL are set and casting rumors. So what SQL doesn't post about such as the roles vs what SQL does like who auditioned is likely a safe move considering the possibility of fake scripts and rewrites where as who walks in the doors to audition is something more real to SQL atm. More likely more perminate scrites and casting news would be accessable to SQL later once filming date draws closer.

Note I'm not an SQL fanboy, just willing to take any source I can get atm till LFL is ready to release offical news more steadily. I'm mostly here for casting news and when/where the film will take place... not to mention general curiosity of how much of the EU will survive (rather brace myself as soon as possible so I can go through the stages of greif long before I see and love VII in theathers opening night)

Dra--- likes this.
  3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Pablo Hidalgo ?Infinata 12 Sep
    @StarWarsJedinyt Hadn't heard that before. The heart of the canon is Episodes I-VI and TCW.

Pablo considers TCW equal to the movies, and he's the one in charge of Canon, at Lucasfilm, along with Leland Chee, they don't consider TCW to be EU

TheBBP likes this.
  4. DLINE

DLINE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2013
    That whould be awsome I can't wait for episode 7

5. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Luke: "Well Han, hears your chance to show us actually how you made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs"

Han looks at Lando with a concern look!

Chewie:" Arggggg"

Han: "Right , Luke strap yourself in. I wouldn't want you to loose your light sabre."

Suddenly the Falcon dives with several twist and turns towards the planet.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder if it could be Mandalore. Don't know when or if it was added to TOR but White Sands, New Mexico sure looks a lot like the Sundari desert seen in TCW.

7. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    One planet I would love to see is Nar Shaddaa. I think it would be cool to see the hero having to go into the dirty slums with the low-life thugs and spice dealers and such. I think that could show us a side of Star Wars we haven't experienced too much of before.

8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So many great planets to explore -- and none of them Naboo, thank the maker.

Ryus and Darth_Pevra like this.
  9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I don't know much about games. Is Sullust mentioned? The rebel rendezvous point in Jedi was Sullust but we never actually see it.

10. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I'd like to see Naboo destroyed after the opening crawl, thus rendering the Gungans extinct. If that happens then that'll make the movie for me, regardless if they retcon the EU or not. lol

Vastor and Dra--- like this.
  11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I think the Gungans are the best thing about Naboo, actually. And I'm not a huge fan.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    There is only one Gungan that needs to be neutralized (or ignored) all the rest can live happily ever after or die in a plague as far as I'm concerned. I don't really care about Gungans.

13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    It's the Naboo themselves that are dull. For one thing, there are no citizens. There are only politicians and fighter pilots. And a lot of fancy buildings and grass. Dullest planet ever.

The Gungans and the planet core were scintillating by comparison.

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think people are being unjustly unfair to Naboo. Those who hate it and think it's dull miss its symollic point -- IT represents peace, prosperity and cooperation. It represents that mythical "Camelot" wherein everything was beautiful and peaceful and pristine, you know "Once upon a time . . ." before the evil forces corrupted. Then we see what happens when the cancer sets in = Galactic Empire. Peaceful Naboo pulled into conflict. It would actually be interesting to see how the Empire's tyrrany affected Naboo, but I don't think we will. too many other places to visit, but Naboo has its place in SW lore.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The Naboo? The home of House Palpatine, boring? Come on!:p

Edit: And can we not simply see Jar Jar for what he is, please?

Trebor Sabreon and Darkslayer like this.
  16. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Wow, I didn't realize this many people disliked Naboo. I think we should give it more credit for the good things about it. Many of the visuals were spectacular, IMO. Like the scene at the retreat in AOTC and the planet core sequences, and Otoh Gunga. As for the all the politics on Naboo, I think many of the politics involoving Naboo were quite interesting, like the negotiations with the Trade Federation.

17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept, design and implementation of Naboo... Are we now going to start comparing it to Endor, Yavin and Bespin as legitimate alien environments because of X, Y and Z? The only quibble I have with Naboo is it's use in AOTC i.e. it was not required and became a location of exposition only (taking away from potentially more dramatic scenes on Tatooine and Kamino).

18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Now I think Mandelore could be interesting depending on the over plot of this triolgy.

19. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Korriban or Dromund Kaas! Please!

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A planet where apes evolve from men?!

Dra--- and Count Yubnub like this.
  22. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    You say that Naboo represents everything peaceful yes? What if the destruction of Naboo(which a good number of fans wouldn't actually mind and would actually cheer to) is symbolic of how threatening this new enemy is? You know, just like how the peaceful planet of Alderaan was destroyed and drove the rebellion to fight harder against the Empire and how more worlds rallied towards the rebellion?

Dra--- and Darkslayer like this.
  23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I hope for Korriban as well. Mostly becuase Sith/Jedi histories interest me.

Trebor Sabreon and Dra--- like this.
  24. Traidon

Traidon Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    The only planet in SWTOR that has been mentioned in the films and has
    not been seen on film but in the game is Ord Mantell. Correct me if I'm wrong.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.