main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Point of View (Single Snapshot--Original Characters)--Snapshot is now up (12/18)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Joon, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Joon

Jedi_Joon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2001
    Well, Lina pressed me to write this so I decided to finally shape it out.
    Here's the prologue and the snapshot that I'll eventually finish and put up explains a bit about why there's that TENSION between Lewix and a certain tall, long-haired Jedi Master.

Just to be clear, both Damaeo and Lewix are still padawans at this point.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PROLOGUE

Damaeo shook his head in a rare moment of completely disbelieving what his eyes were telling him. No, this was all some sort of mistake or a very, VERY poor joke on someone's part.

"Stop shaking your head, Niveh and read it!" ordered Bref.

"I've already read it and its preposterous," defended the redheaded padawan. He stubbornly pushed the data pad back to Bref who only shoved it back at him.

"It's all there, plain as day."

"You shouldn't even be showing me this! It's private matters with the Council," Damaeo added.

"Oh, don't be daft! This Temple's grapevine is weedier than Alderaan's rainforests. You would have known either way."

"But it's not true," the other padawan protested. "Lewix would never do something like this. He's not a..."

"Back stabber?" supplied Bref with a raised eyebrow.

Damaeo glared at the other boy. "He is NOT a back stabber," he said, standing up for his friend. "We all know what happened to Xanatos and we all know he chose the Darkside over the Light. It's plain and simple."

"Best tell your mate that, then," said Bref, indicating the information on the data pad.

Damaeo firmly handed the data pad back to Bref, his blue eyes unwavering. "It's a mistake. Lewix would never defend anyone who turned to the Darkside to the Council."

Bref looked unconvinced but shrugged his shoulders. "Say whatever you believe, Damaeo. The Council was going to have all the records of Xanatos placed aways tomorrow-"

"They still will," the redhead interrupted. "Because no one is going to delay that."

"Not according to this," Bref argued, waving the data pad in front of him. "For his sake, I hope your genius friend knows what he's getting himself into. He'll be making more enemies than he's already got if he pursues this."

"He's not," Damaeo stated again, with resolve. "It's some sort of mistake or misunderstanding."

Bref only shrugged again. "Hope you're right."

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I am intrigued already. Come on, post more!

3. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Here it is.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"A Point of View..."

It was all over the Temple in a span of two days once Qui-Gon Jinn had returned. Without his padawan. There had been some speculation at first that Xanatos had been killed on their last mission. But word quickly reached every ear of the Temple that Xanatos, one of the most promising and most talented students the Temple ever had to boast about had turned.

Like every other padawan at the Temple, Damaeo had mostly known Xanatos by reputation. If his friend Lewix was considered the official genius of the Temple, Xanatos was his closest competitor for the title. All his instructors had praised Qui-Gon Jinn?s student as intelligent, talented and above all, dedicated. And Xanatos, in turn, had no problems fitting into the gushing image.

While Damaeo believed that Lewix still edged out Xanatos in terms of natural intelligence, his friend seemed more determined to hide that fact and move through his schooling as quickly as possible without attention being drawn to himself in how smart he really was. While the instructors already knew of Lewix?s genius, few really understood all the things the dark-haired boy read, understood and could do at his age.

Xanatos did not hide. He, in fact, took the praise and even grew to greater heights on the wings of the compliments. He was outgoing, charming with an affable personality that drew people to him. This was something else that separated him from Lewix, who looked at the world with weary eyes, looking for an attack of some sort. Xanatos looked at the world with utter confidence that if there was to be an attack, he could handle it with little problem.

Xanatos had been a favorite among those at the Temple. Even Damaeo had been incredibly impressed and had admired the student. The news of his turn to the Darkside hit everyone relatively hard. Damaeo, like the others, had refused to accept it at first. But as time went on, the reality set in. Several students felt a sense of betrayal from one they had so highly praised. Hearts hardened at the thought of Jinn?s former padawan and by the end of a month, the entire Temple now looked upon the name of Xanatos with bitterness.

The Council, in trying to relieve some of the cloud that had settled on the Temple due to this event, had decided to remove Xanatos? name from all public display and record of the Temple. Over the years of his apprenticeship, Xanatos had garnered several awards and titles in competitions. All those were to be stripped from the record, his accomplishments wiped away as if they had never existed. Xanatos was no longer a protector or a member of the Order. He had left with the greatest betrayal and would no longer be considered a Jedi by any means.

The rest of the Temple had agreed this was a justified act, Damaeo included. The redheaded student had felt an odd sense of betrayal at Xanatos? turn himself. He could only imagine how Master Jinn felt now. The striking of Xanatos from the Temple?s merit records would act as the first step towards recovery. Damaeo doubted anyone would object and for the most part, he was correct. The Temple, as a whole seemed behind the idea.

Which was why Damaeo refused to believe Bref when the other student had shown him the meeting scheduled between the Council and Lewix Winchard as the latter was petitioning that Xanatos? name be not struck from the records.

He would never do that. He knows what Xanatos did. Taking Xanatos? name off the list of winners and those awarded for merit at the Temple is the LEAST the Council could do!

But the redhead found himself trailing towards the apartment that Lewix shared with his Master Tolm. He rang the bell at the door once and waited with a disturbed look on his face. Healer Tolm answered, giving Damaeo a smile, though he looked more reserved than usual. ?Ah, Damaeo. I trust you are here to see Lewix.?

?Yes, Master Tolm. Is he in?? inquired the student.

?He?s in his room,? replied the healer, indicating the closed door. ?If you?ll excuse me Dam

4. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Hmmm...VERY interesting Joon!
    It all makes a bit more sense now as I can see how Qui would not have been pleased w/Lewix at all.

But did Tolm speak with Qui? Or did he talk to someone else?

Hope we get a snapshot where Qui-Gon and Lewix actually have to interact. That would be interesting to see as well.

5. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    And here you thought it was a big conspiracy, HAL. ;)

6. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    I'll just push this up.

Took a final. Only one more left to go! Got an A on my final english paper for one class! Should help me out since I most likely got a low grade on the final. See, I can write...just not under any PRESSURE. ;)

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Very insightful! I could see both sides of the argument. Well done!

8. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Like Jane, I could see both sides as well. You depicted that very well. I'm curious if Tolm really did speak to Qui-Gon. Obviously he did find out about what Lewix was planning to do, given his dislike for him. I hadn't expected it would have anything to do with Xanatos, but it makes sense. Great snapshot!

9. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Wow. good post.

?There is always a proper time and place when people should speak the truth. While integrity is essential, if your audience refuses to listen, it can do little good for the greater whole.?

This sounds like something from philosophy class!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.