main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A possible non-SW fanfiction and original fiction board discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    There has been some talk about creating one, and I think it would be a great idea if we had one. I know that many people here write non-SW fanfiction and even their own original fiction, and I'm sure many would like to have a board for it here. I've started a thread in the Comms in hopes of getting the debate going, so if you'd like to support this idea, please do so. :)

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    As a lot of my fic is hanging by its fingernails at the edge of the GFFA, I am very keen on the idea for an original fic board.

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Personally, I don't like the idea. There are many sites available for writers who work with other/multipul fandoms. I don't see the need for posting those kinds of stories here. I think that will pave the way for too many OT conversations and debates.

Just my two credits. :)

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    A thousand times "No!"

I realize this is one of those wishes that'll never just go away, but losing our identity by turning from a SW fanfic board to just another generic fanfic board shouldn't be allowed to happen.

It's a big internet. The JC can't and shouldn't encompass every interest of every member.

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    What Herman said ;)

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I love this site cause it's a Star Wars board. Herman is right.

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Don't think I'd ever visit it, if it came to happen.
    I'm here for SW, when I want something else, I go somewhere else.
    It's not as if we were forbidden to put links in our bios or tell people we have more stacked away at other places...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.