main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN A "possible" problem with our ticket line

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    FOX and LFL Negotiates Advance Internet Ticket Sales

Basically rumor has it that they want to do internet ticket sales 1 month before Ep2, thus ending any need for the line.

Personally, I'm not entirely sure that this is true. Theatres and toy stores have been known to spread misinformation, mostly unintentionally, before. So far we've heard this from 1 cinemark theatre in Texas, and no one else has said a thing, not Carmike or Regal.

If it is true, I doubt they will be selling the 12:01AM or 12:10AM showings. LFL has always been very generous towards the fans and I doubt they would turn on us now. Not only that but Fox has been asking Fan Force where the big line-ups will be in various cities around the country, I doubt they would be doing this if they planned on ending the line before it even started.

2. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Its not necessarily a problem until LFL confirms it. We'll deal with it then. However, if it is confirmed, then I guess we are all going to have to resort to FAN DANG :eek: Man is that going to be a nightmare or what! 900 movie goers waiting in line at the ticket booths, because you still have to show them your FAN DANG :eek: printout and then they have to enter it in the computer to confirm it.

Other than the inconvenience of having to wait in line outside the theater to only wait in line again at the ticket booths, I have to say that I would not necessarily be upset (As long as we all get tickets that is) WHY would I say that? Well for two reasons:

1) Vacation time. Those of us who are working stiffs don't have to double our vacation time. A day (or more) for tickets, than a day to get in the theater. And at least a 1/2 a day not to walk into work the next day looking like a zombie. This cuts it down to 2 days at most.

2) The real media blitz and fun was not necessarily the ticket line. While that in and of itself was a blast. But the day of was a party event. The River was there, all the news stations. There were couches, a VCR, a TV, pizza, sodas, giveaways. While the pizza, sodas, and some giveaways were at the ticket line, they paled in comparison to the onslaught the day before the midnight showing.

As far as the charity event goes. I was planning on collecting that the day before opening night anyway. There will be a lot more people than there will be for tickets as many people getting tickets will be buying them for friends, and co-workers. On May 15th, they will ALL be standing in line.

If this happens, we will discuss a strategy. I will buy as many tickets as they will sell me for opening night. Don't worry, if you are a member of NAD, we will do our best to see to it that you get a ticket for opening night.

We also may just have to get there earlier too. I'll plan on being there on the 14th if I have to. Either way JediToren, we'll have a blast. I guarantee it! ;)

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    After doing some thinking I no longer believe that the linked post is true at all. It is highly unlikely that the manager of a theatre in Texas is going to be informed of ticket negotations between LFL and Fox.
    I'll believe it when I hear it from a credible source.

EDIT: I must have misread, the thread says this is for DLP theatres? Is that digital projection. What I think I missed is that the advanced Internet sales will only be for digital screenings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.