main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO A posting game.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Imperial_Birrer, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I was thinking since our board has the lowest post count in the southwest, we could have a posting game.If CR approved, any SCFFer would make there own thread to post as much as they can in a week, and at the end of said week the person with the most post would get colors for a week to continue to increase our numbers.

good idea, bad idea, how about it?

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Personally I would rather see us TALKING about something. Random posting only increases the post count. It doesn't draw in new people or users. That is really what we need.

I'm really not concerned about our post count. I'm more concerned that there are only about five people that post on this board at all, Birr's, myself, JD and SS are the only really consistent posters.

I know I am equally guilty of taking up discussions on the RMFF board rather than starting a new discussion here.

I think this board gets used for what it is good for. Co-ordinating the activities and interests of the local users.

[inhale]

I've created fun threads. Other than the Yoda thread they've all died. Not sure what else to do...

Even had a contest to name the filmstrip segments to the left. Only MOD-Sith entered?!

You want to increase post count? See an interesting dicussion on the RMFF try starting it here too. See what happens. I don't think it will work though.

Don't want to seem negative, but unless a large group joins us I don't see this board taking on much life of it's own. It's always going to be the RMFF's little brother.

Not to mention the fact that a contest might be problematic right now with the whole Mods issue recently. I don't even know if Void is able to grant such things anymore.

If I am wrong and a couple of others chime in that they would participate then I'll contact Void and see what he can do.

[end of rant]

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    im not sure about the mod thig. soemone gave TK his colors for the sock thing though.

as far as the group goes, I feel we really need to do more recruiting. i think part of the prob is that when we do get a new person, this board is so dead they go away. we only have meeting once in a while and we have done nothing to get our selves out there. we dont need a big group to join us. one person here or there would be great. we don't need to keep growing to be a good group. but we should get our name out there so that people can join if they wish.

so we should get some stuff together and see if we can't have it at the RMFF table during starfest. then we also need to get out and do more than a meeting every few months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.