main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A prequel to The Phantom Menace?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi

Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2000
    This came from (moviehole.net) which apparently was taken from cinescape magizine/website.

I personally, think this maybe the premise for the TV series...not another movie series. They can add many other characters and stories besides Yoda, including the story/history of the Lost Twenty! This has serious potential IMO.

Though either another movie series or a TV series would be awesome!!!!!

"He says he's finished, but like a two-year-old on the Loo - has he really?

George Lucas tells a scooper for Cinescape that in the back of his noggin' he has an idea for another add-on to the "Star Wars" movie series : A prequel to "The Phantom Menace".

Nope, not the adventures of young Jar Jar Binks building an underwater haven - but the tales of the Jedi regaining control of the universe from the many Dark Lords some 88 years before Anakin Skywalker's bowl cut ever graced the earth.

Yoda - who was instrumental in the effort - would apparently have a headlining role.

Granted, Lucas, now 60, says he won't be captaining such a ship if it ever happens though. What's the bet FOX is going to lock him in a room, tie him to a chair and request he does anyway though?

Personally, I say go the sequel route - earring adorned Harrison Ford back as vest wearing Solo, whiny Skywalker training Jedi Tykes, C3P0 getting into trouble at Mardis Gras - much more interesting : and Hey, we've already got "Knights of the Old Republic" the video-game to serve as background info on the pre-Anakin days."

2. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    Im pretty sure that George will plan for the TV Series to include events that happened between ROTS and ANH.

3. Not--A-Moon

Not--A-Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    I say let George have some creative control, but for God's sake..don't let him direct the shows...His best effort was The Empire Strikes Back and that wasn't directed by him.

Face it!...GL is not a good rater of talent and acting. How do we know that...??? Look at the stiff-arsed acting in TPM, AOTC, and a little in ROTS.

"Sandstorms are...very...very...........Dangerous!"

Do you guys want to hear more lines with that type of delivery?

"Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo..."

(Yuck!)

For the love of God, give up the reins to someone else! Give them a template to go by, give them an outline of what you want the series to be about and let them go!!!

4. DarthSidious1

DarthSidious1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    That would be cool. Star Wars Episode Zero. Then we could see the scene where Darth Plagius manipultates the force to create Anakin.

5. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    I would prefer the TV series to fill in the gap between Episode 3 to Episode 4.

6. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Lol so where are the legions of fans who supposedly wanted to see lost of Jedi vs lost of Sith?

I admit it'd be intriguing but the films are over.

7. jancalawala

jancalawala Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Clone wars was awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of it. I think that a tv series between ep 3 and ep 4 would be great, preferably clone wars-esque

as for the prequel to the prequel,the first destruction of the sith, that would be awesome too, i always wanted to see more of yoda fighting. He is my favorite character from the movies

8. Mister_Bunny

Mister_Bunny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2001
    It would be cool to see a bunch of Sith battle each other for control. All out violence and enough behind-the-back plotting to make a Survivor winner blush.

9. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    What if GL renumbered the other movies if he made a trilogy prequel prequel?

So:
    Prequel episode 1
    Prequel episode 2
    Prequel episode 3
    TPM would be episode 4
    AOTC would be episode 5
    ROTS would be episode 6
    ANH would be episode 7
    TESB would be episode 8
    ROTJ would be episode 9

10. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    If the storyline mentioned is correct, that pretty much nukes the EU...

11. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    There will be No more movies this is a freaking year old interview & we dont even know if its real but would be nice to see the EU destroyed

12. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    "If the storyline mentioned is correct, that pretty much nukes the EU... "

We already know that GL doesn't even consider the EU as anything but INFINITIES.

"...this is a freaking year old interview ..."

Actually, unless someone else has seen it before, I do believe it would be current

Here it is:

Prequel to the prequels

Again, it would be current. However, I dont; believe it one bit. I found this site sometime on Wednesday as a way of dispelling rumors of Matthew Newton already cast as the Vader for the series.

it just goes to show:

If it's on the internet, it HAS to be true!

13. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Figures an 05er believes everything he reads on the "internet"

I wonder how many fake contest's you have entered to win like a free PSP

^^^^^^^^^

14. matrix_dark_jedi

matrix_dark_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    remember that 2 series was confirmed, and its possibly that the 2 have different plots.

15. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    It would make sense to capitalize on Yoda's popularity. Yoda might very well be the most beloved character in the whole saga. Even as bad as the reviews were for AOTC, all people talked about at first was Yoda's fight scene. When Yoda walks into Palp's room in ROTS and shrugs those Imperial Guards to the floor, every audience cheers.

Obviously SW fans don't want to see the franchise die and would love an extra movie. And one full of Sith vs. Jedi and with Yoda as the main character would be what dreams are made of.

Of course I don't believe a word of it, but ROTS has been a resounding success at almost all levels (financially and critically). You've gotta think that all the praise has got GL thinking he can do more. I'm sure the criticism in the past had to hurt a little. Always having your work bashed makes you not want to do it anymore. ROTS might be pushing him for a change of heart.

16. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    But Lucas has said no major movie characters & Yoda is a "major" character

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>We already know that GL doesn't even consider the EU as anything but INFINITIES.<<

That's actually incorrect- he has collaborated with EU projects in the past, and several EU references have made their way into the prequel films and special editions.

18. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    "That's actually incorrect- he has collaborated with EU projects in the past, and several EU references have made their way into the prequel films and special editions"

Yeah, I was exagerating on that part. I know that Lucas has said he considers parts of KOTOR to be "canon" but he won't say which ones.

I also know he has met with many authors, like for the NJO and had a pow wow to discuss that he didn't want Jacen to die, and it had to be... I won't say for the benefit of those who haven't read the series yet.

I really meant Lucas isn't afraid to 86 (66) all the EU he doesn't consider to be needed and make it what he wants.

"... you have entered to win like a free PSP"

Actually, I've won three.

I just don't want everyone to believe the news they here, even if they read it on the headlines of the main page.

Take this with a grain of salt

Just to clarify this , though, I'll rephrase my statement.

If it's on the internet, it HAS to be true!

(Yes, that would be sarcasm dripping off every word)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.