main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT A prequel to the prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Tevin Wolf, Apr 21, 2014.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Replacing the great actors of the PT would not be wise, but only if Christopher Lee and Neeson was replaced with a young actor and the rest would be new characters "searching out" this new evil would be awesome. It could show their relationship and power. We could get their adventures together and have them deal with the inner teachings of the force which conflict with the council, hence the reasons neither make it on the council. Just a thought.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd enjoy something showing why the Rule of Two was needed and how Palpatine became a Sith.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd make TPM Episode 0 and make Episode 1 about Anakin's training and the rise of the CIS.
    Though material about Dooku's, Qui-Gon's, Obi-Wan's training would be nice.
    Ancient Sith Wars Movies also are needed.

4. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'd like to see something about the rise of the Sith as they appear in the PT and OT. I find the concept of the Rule of Two and the philosophy behind the dark side fascinating.

Failing that, a documentary about midichlorians...

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    i seriously doubt there would ever be a movie that would be in the years leading up to ep 1. if they were ever to make a movie pre ep.1 it would be 1000 years or more before ep.1, back in the old republic.

6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    1000 years before TPM would have the most interesting battles. In the time just before TPM, we may not have battles, but the just having Dooku as a Jedi talking with Qui Gon is good enough for me to take me into the movie with excitement. And then have them take on other crime syndicates, it would be better than fighting droids
    anyway.

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    if they make any they HAVE to go old republic. we don't need anymore pt related stuff we need jedi sith war or something.

8. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    A young Dooku spinoff would be absolutely fantastic. I need more Dooku. Have it be like TPM with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, having Dooku in Qui-Gon's role and Qui-Gon in Obi-Wan's.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    I would like to know more about Obi Wan/Qui Gon, but I'm not sure I want a Disney "canon" version, in case they **** that up and have that on permanent record and prevent other people from revising it (*cough* TCW). Best for them to come up with a separate set of characters unrelated to anything in the movies so far, with their own stories and timeline (KOTOR or one of the other wars would be a good start).

10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    it would be very difficult to find a 'young christopher lee'.
    in some ways i think i would have welcomed an Old Republic- beginning of the- Sith movie more than the ST

11. Darthman1992

Darthman1992 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2011
    I like a lot of those ideas. You could almost do a whole other set of films with stuff like that. Dooku/Yoda, the prophecy coming to light (unless they want to say it was extremely old), Dooku getting an apprentice in Qui-Gon (establishing how both became the at least somewhat more rebellious Jedi that they became with the seeds of Dooku's turn being planted), Plagueis as the sort of shadowy figure mentioned with Plaptine's early days of becoming a politician being shown (perhaps tying it into his eventually murder and usurpation of Plagueis at the end) With the tricky part there though being that whilst you could probably give someone like Dooku a glimpse of the Sith for some of the reason you (venepe) gave, you can't have the order as a whole realize it naturally and the Sith pretty much entirely as a behind-the-scenes presence. Still it could possibly all be really interesting. You could even introduce Sifo-Dias there.

So what would that be called, the PROLOGUE TRILOGY? lol

Though given that "THE PHANTOM MENACE" is indeed labeled EPISODE I naturally, you really couldn't have them be called official episodes. They naturally will want to keep pushing forward than heading back. But yeah, I still think it is quite fun to spitball such ideas though. As others have said, they'd probably work better in novel form. Others have already pointed out what some of the issues in trying to handle these "prequel prequels" could very well be.

I do fully support KOTOR stuff as well though.

whostheBossk and venepe like this.
  12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    This:

You don't even need to change anything, it's already perfect.

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    A prequel to the PT. To the extent this continues to relate to the PT this will stay unlocked. But if we are talking about something outside of the PT, the topic may make more sense in the Saga forum.

14. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    TPM is a prequel.

TX-20 likes this.
  15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I could see a prequel film that explores the relationship between Obi-Wan in his teenage years with Qui-Gon as his master. One thing about TPM I admire is that it shows how the Jedi operated during eons of peace and not during a time of galactic warfare. Seeing the simple peacekeeping roles of the Jedi in crisis before the blockade of Naboo would be interesting.

Exploring the origins of Obi-Wan is really critical as well in the future.

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I don't think it would be that necessary to have a prologue movie to the PT, as it's in TPM when the resurrection of the Sith takes place. However, I wouldn't be surprised now when Disney at the helm and the spin off movies to grab even more cash, if there was a spin off movie for Maul prior to TPM, or maybe with his return in CW, as he is a fan favourite.

whostheBossk likes this.