main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Problem Shared Is A Problem Multiplied Some More...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Jun 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garos Hmiol Fan Club

Garos Hmiol Fan Club Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2000
    Oooh, a cloak-and-dagger showdown between Simeon and My Hero!

Can't wait to see what happens!

2. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    (There's something similar shaping up between them in ANTAR, too. Although in that thread, Hmiol is more concerned about getting his Master back to the Temple, clothes intact. Not that I'll let him, of course...)

Garos sighed as he watched them group of padawans conversing. Great. Now he'd have to worry about Jemmiah, too.

This was why he never liked letting his plots get to complex. He prefered to keep it simple, and the best way to do that was for them to leave him alone. But, they hadn't seen fit to do that, and so he had take matters into his own hands.

He briefly considered calling them in the refectory and teasing them with the details of their own conversation, but, no, if Jemmiah was going to strike, best he not remind her that he was watching.

Garos switched of the program, then turned to grab one of the Sikkl steaks he kept in the kitchen. It was a while now until eight, and he was hungry.

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Obi-Wan waited until just before eight until he made his way to Jemmiah?s place. He knew Evla would have gone by then, but he wasn?t taking any chances. He could do without any further comments, lectures and little digs about behaving in a more responsible manner.

He met Simeon on the way up.

?Any sign of Hmiol?? He asked.
    ?Nope. Long may it stay that way.? Cates grumbled.
    ?You?re not still sore about his little revelation at the cantina crawl about you and the modelling clay??
    ?Too darn right I am.? Simeon?s hooded eyes narrowed further. ?I was made to look a right idiot!?
    ?Well, you did have it coming to you. And it was VERY funny.?
    ?You might not find it so funny when I tell everyone who else was with me on that occasion.? Simeon let his threat hang dangerously in the air.

Kenobi glared. ?You wouldn?t!?
    ?I would.? He added mischievously. ?TUFTY!?

Obi-Wan span round. ?You little vrelt! You were listening with that glass!?
    ?Nevermind. I?m sure that TIGGER is just desperate to give you a good raking with her claws.? Simeon winked.

?OK.? Kenobi grimaced. ?I take it back. The modelling clay incident was not remotely funny, and I apologize to you.?

Simeon leapt back. ?No thank you. I heard you apologizing to Jemmiah last night.?

As they walked past the turbo lift the doors opened to reveal a grinning Jodi Mullicar. He winked at Obi-Wan.

?How?s it going Kenobi?? He smirked knowingly, before making off towards his own apartment.

Obi-Wan watched his fellow padawan?s retreating back.

?He?s the fifth person this evening who?s been giving me funny looks.? Obi-Wan frowned.
    ?You?re imagining it.? Simeon said airily.
    ?No, really.? Obi-Wan puzzled for a moment. ?Have I forgotten to wash or something??

Simeon snorted. ?You?re getting paranoid.?

They continued towards Jemmiah?s flat and this time were met by a smile bedecked Zac V?Aladee and the towering Togorian form of Tanni Welasa.

?Nice one, Kenobi!? Zac made a thumbs up sign, whilst Tanni clapped him on the back with a large swat of his paws, nearly sending him flying.
    ?Disgraceful.? The feline purred in throaty amusement.

Obi-Wan blinked as the two headed down towards the refectory.

?Now tell me that I?m just being paranoid.? Obi-Wan shook his head. ?What is going on??
    ?It?s probably nothing.? Cates chuckled as if at some private joke.

A hand on Simeon?s shoulders forbade him to move a step further.

?WHAT?? Obi-Wan demanded.
    ?Well,? Simeon hedged, trying to see how far he would have to run to reach Jemmiah?s door, ?I would say at a guess that they probably know about what happened between you and Jemmy last night.?
    ?How?? Kenobi gritted his teeth.

Simeon shrugged. ?I don?t know for sure, but if you were to ask me I think Garos Hmiol has probably dropped a few hints.?
    ?Hmiol?? Obi-Wan stated in disbelief. ?No, he wouldn?t. Leave him alone and he leaves you alone.?
    ?He was boasting last night how he had a holo recording of you two?you know.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes clouded over.

?I am not angry. I am not angry. I am not angry. I am not angry?? He kept repeating as he walked in circles round Simeon.
    ?You?re making me dizzy.? Cates complained.
    ?I am NOT angry, I am not angry?who am I kidding? I AM FURIOUS!? He spat.
    ?It might not have been Hmiol.? Simeon added as he saw the dangerous look in his eye.
    ?Pardon??
    ?I said it was likely to be Hmiol. It might have been Letina. She likes to gossip?you know. Girl talk.?

Obi-Wan pointed a finger at Simeon.

?If I find out it was you??
    ?Me?? Simeon looked outraged. ?Why would I do that??

Kenobi sighed. ?Sorry. I know you wouldn?t.?
    ?Of course not.? Simeon crossed his fingers behind his back.

This would fix Hmiol!

Jemmiah fixed her long hair into two quirky braids at the side of her head.

?What do you think?? She asked Letina.
    ?Cute.? The elder girl nodded. ?I?m sure Obi will not be able to resist??
    ?I?m not doing this for Ben.? Jemmy frowned as she put on her scarlet lip-gloss.
    ?Well, who is it for?? Letina queri

4. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Almost eight. Garos checked his careful plans one more time. Two plots. Both targeted at him. And both would make Kenobi want to tear his head off.

But he was smart enough to handle this. He hoped. If everything worked out, he'd come out on top, AND leave with nobody plotting revenge against him. At least for awhile. To achieve both would take careful timing, and five holos, the largest number he'd ever carried.

When he got there, he figured he'd have about five or six replies worth of time, taking Jemmiahs advances and responding in kind. Then Obi-Wan would be after him. He'd have to quickly diffuse both plots, thus showing Kenobi that Simeon was playing him. That, coupled with the holo of Jemmiahs "Mystery Writers" would (in theory) leave noone out for his blood. Except maybe Cates, but Hmiol could handle him.

Triple-checking once more, he headed out into the corridor.

5. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Naw, surely Jemmy's not going to be outsmarted..........

He, he, this is great stuff!!! More soon eveyone, please! I can't wait to see what happens next!

6. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Just uppin' this

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    uppin' some more!

8. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Upsy-daisy.

9. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Upsy-daisy.

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Qui-Gon rubbed his hands. This would prove an important night if they were to track down the culprits.

There was more at stake here than just catching the thoughtless individuals who had set this whole Agony Aunt thing up. There was pride to be considered too. And both Qui-Gon and Mace?s pride had taken a severe bashing over the last twenty-four hours.

Tiddly-Winks, indeed!

He?d invited Leona back, partly because he wanted to discuss the situation of his padawan and his girlfriend and partly because she was full of good ideas when it came to this Naughty Nell thing. Mostly it was because he wanted to spend some time in her company. Under the circumstances, Windu was an extremely annoying, giant gooseberry.

Mace arrived, grinning like a Hutt at a Slugs tea party.

?Brought some food.? He smirked.
    ?Glad to hear it.? Jinn mumbled. ?You are nearly as bad as my padawan.?
    ?I?m surprised you invited me at all.? Mace winked. ?I thought you?d want some time alone with your lady love, rather than have me play at Gamorrean-in-the-middle!?
    ?Why didn?t you say this yesterday?? Qui-Gon hissed, but still beckoned his friend in to his apartment.
    ?Because I knew that the best way of solving the puzzle is to work as a team. Where?s Leona??
    ?Not here yet.? Qui-Gon looked at his chrono. ?Probably got held up at the infirmary.?
    ?No padawan?? Mace glanced round.
    ?He?s with his girlfriend.? Jinn sighed. ?Doing what, I shudder to think.?

Mace nodded. ?I know. I heard about last night. Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. Disgusting?let?s face it; he?s a lucky boy.?
    ?Mace!? Qui-Gon looked surprised.
    ?Oh, come off it. She?s a pretty girl. And if things had been different, and she had been one of the padawans when you were still an apprentice to Yoda, YOU would have been after her too! So don?t go giving poor Obi-Wan such a hard time because he?s doing what comes naturally.?
    ?Can we change the topic?? Qui-Gon said shortly.
    ?To what??
    ?How are we going to catch out this person/persons??
    ?Well,? Mace sat down in the comfortable chair and helped himself to a cold drink. ?We?ll think of something. How about we write a message whilst we wait on Leona??
    ?Who??
    ?I dunno. How about...? He grinned as an idea occurred. ?How about Dexy??
    ?The rice pudding king.? Pondered Qui-Gon.

?Hmm. Tempting. Isn?t it??

?You like nice.? Obi-Wan gave Jemmiah a swift kiss as she walked over to the holo terminal, wearing her new outfit.
    ?I always look nice.? Jemmiah feigned a hurt expression. ?But I?m afraid this is not for your benefit. Tonight I am seeing another man.?
    ?W-would you like to explain that last statement to me before I start thinking I?ve gone a tiny bit mad?? Kenobi set his jaw.

Jemmy laughed and hooked her arm through his. ?It?s all a part of the master plan. Operation Hmiol, that?s what we?ll call it.?
    ?Hmiol!? Obi-Wan looked shocked.
    ?Oh, not you as well.? Jemmy grumbled, glancing at Letina. ?Look. I?m going to tease him. Flirt with him. Wind him up. You know what he?s like?the poor boy hasn?t even had a proper girlfriend.?
    ?He doesn?t even have any friends.? Simeon added.
    ?There, you see?? Jemmiah hugged him reassuringly. ?He is going to get so hot and bothered that he?ll run and keep running. And he?ll go back to being Mr Dull and Ordinary, and leaving us all alone.?
    ?I?m not sure.? Obi-Wan hesitated.
    ?Ben, I am NOT interested in Garos Hmiol. Credit me with some taste.? Jemmiah nibbled at his ear in an attempt to persuade him.

He sighed. She always managed to do this to him. It was some Corellian skill that could entrance anyone, particularly him?

?OK.? He said reluctantly. ?I suppose it will be a laugh. And I?ll be on hand if things don?t go according to plan.?

He left the warning, as much to her as it was about Hmiol, hang in the air.

?He?s hardly the Coruscant Strangler, is he?? Jemmy asked.
    ?No,? Obi-Wan fixed a thin smile, ?but I may be.?

Raising an eyebrow, Jemmiah watched Obi-Wan turn his back and grab a slice of pizza. How could anyone so int

11. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    ok...this is very cool

12. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Alex: What is the word most often used in the JC fanfic forum?

Wampa: What is up?

13. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

As good as ever. BUT WE NEED MORE!!!!!

14. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    To the top! We need more!

Who shall the next victim be?

15. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    I've noticed a lack Jemmiah lately, it would appear she has decided to take a short break. Hopefully she'll be back soon...

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    No, I'm still here. Just hitting my head against a wall or three to help the ideas flow. I'll post when I've thought of something.

But it won't be tomorrow. I'm on a pub crawl!

Research, you understand.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Research huh?? Might be a good idea.

So Jemmiah, does head banging work. I could use all the help I can get.

18. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    do-de-do-doo-doo-do-de-do do-de-do-do-do-do-do-do-do do-de-do-doo-doo-do-de-do de-de-do-do-do-doo-doo-doo

19. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

He, he! Thanks Morpheus! I was supposed to be keeping the Jemster's stories up at the top. Depending on how much reseach is put into tonight it might take her a while to get going again! (Unlike her character, I suspect that after a "few" she might become a bystander!! Sorry sis!)

20. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Waddaya mean, bystander?

Just because there isn't any Smirnof Ice left in Edinburgh doesn't mean "there's too much blood in my alcohol stream", to quote Obi-Wan. I can't help it if I had Vodka forced down my throat for several hours. I'm a little rough perhaps, but nothing that some more head/wall thumping won't cure. I'm telling you sis, there's not a dancing banana in sight!!!

HIC!

21. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Ah, so you're admitting to the dancing bananas now........

Well, if you're fully recovered, we'll be expecting another post tomorrow then!

22. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    The bananas were REAL!

I'll post tomorrow. Promise!

23. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    I sense an inside joke... :)

Tommorrow, then.

24. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Dancing banana story.... well, I could tell you my version, but knowing the Jemster it'll probably be appearing in a slightly different format in the story.........

Naw, I'll tell! The holiday we were on served unlimited wine with every evening meal. My sister (being alot younger than she is now) was not used to drinking glass after glass of red wine. To cut the story short she became slightly tipsy.

Her version is that the bananas on the side table seemed to start dancing.

My version is there were NO bananas there in the first place, dancing or otherwise! Honest!!

25. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Were so!!!!

You weren't looking properly, that's all. And that red wine was like drinking antifreeze. (how I imagine it would taste. I've never actually drunk the stuff) Was that waiter getting commissioned for poisoning me? Every time I knocked it back he was hovering by my glass! When dad said "no more for her" and put his hand over my glass the damn waiter virtually poured it over his fingers! And then there was that unfortunate incident at the ten pin bowling evening later that night where I passed out in the ladies toilets and slid down the wall in a great heap. That old dear who found me said "are you OK, sweetheart?"

IS THAT NOT THE MOST STUPID THING YOU HAVE EVER HEARD IN YOUR LIFE?!?!

I remember thinking as I lay there virtually breathing my last, does she think I'm lying like this just for the heck of it? To continue, mother dearest had to drag my still severley inebriated and very ill carcass back to our hotel, where we managed to get lost because it was pitch black and we hardly spoke a word of German between us. We eventually found an English speaker who told us we had been going round in circles...

And the final insult came when my darling sister CALAMITY crawled back some hour and a half later only to find me sitting with my head over the loo. Did I get ANY sympathetic words? Any comfort?

Did I heck! She told me that she was going to bed and so could I "THROW UP AS QUIETLY AS POSSIBLE!"

That's the whole sorry tale. And the moral of the story is: if you see any dancing bananas, don't ignore them. They do not bode well for the rest of your evening...

P.S: Any resemblance between my life and some of the things that find their way into my stories are not entirely incidental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.