main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Problem Shared Is A Problem Multiplied Some More...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Jun 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Ha, knew you couldn't resist telling your side! So, how come I drank alot more than you yet was absolutely fine the next day?

Right, that's my last comment on it! Now I'm just eagerly waiting on the story continuing (with no dancing bananas in sight.....).

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Because YOU'RE AN OLD SOAK!!!

3. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Dear Naughty Nell,

My padawan is giving me some problems. You see, when I was younger I was most definitely the catch of the temple. Young, smart, charming?always immaculately dressed and stylish in my Jedi robes. The women used to follow me in droves around the place and it used to make my fellow padawans mad with envy.

Now my padawan is beginning to catch up on me. He is extremely good-looking and equally stylish (well, I am his master so it?s only to be expected after all) which means that most of the girls follow HIM about. The thing is, I confess this makes me a tiny bit jealous.

I?m not as young as I was but then again I think I do OK for myself. I?m still devilishly handsome and my tally of notches on my bedpost still stands as a temple record. But now my padawan is starting to slowly reel my record in.

What advise would you give to ensure that my record remains unassailable?

Thanking you,

DB.

?Phew!? Letina looked at Simeon. ?Poor old Dexy?s beginning to feel the pinch!?
    ?I?m sure he?d like that!? Jemmiah grinned impishly as Obi-Wan let Hmiol in, wearing a thunderous expression on his face.

?Joining our little gathering, Garos?? He said in a clipped voice that suggested more than a hint of retribution should anything untoward happen.
    ?Simeon said it was OK.? Hmiol smiled without any warmth.
    ?Only because you threatened us.? Cates replied sourly.
    ?I?m sure we can all learn to work with each other, under the circumstances.? Hmiol said. ?That way we might be able to avoid little problems such as Master Yoda sending the council to sniff round Master Sovalla?s holo terminal.?

The point that Hmiol?s quick intervention had saved their rears had not gone unnoticed by anyone, even if his motivation had been purely one of self-preservation rather than anything philanthropic. Grudgingly, Kenobi stopped his subconscious menacing and ceased squaring his shoulders at Hmiol, letting him in. But, Garos noted he still looked ready to tear his throat out at a moment?s notice. That was going to make things VERY tricky!

He caught the subtle wink between Jemmiah and Obi-Wan and realized that she was warning her boyfriend that she was going to begin her campaign of terror?

?Would you like a drink, Garos?? She smiled fetchingly. ?We?re all having Alderaani wine. Is that OK??
    ?Get him a Riptide.? Chuckled Simeon barely audibly, but loudly enough for Hmiol to hear.
    ?I?d have preferred something stronger. Like a Flameout or a Pink Slammer.? He smiled at Jemmiah.

That caused everyone to stare. Before the cantina crawl, barely five words could have been squeezed from Hmiol at a time. And they would most definitely not have had anything to do with drink, strong or otherwise.

Looks like he?s beginning to open up a bit, Jemmiah smirked to herself.

?I have some chilled back at my apartment. We could always go back and get them?later on.? Hmiol continued, staring Kenobi?s girlfriend in the eye. ?But in the meantime, Alderaani wine will more than suffice, thank you.?
    Jemmiah blinked. Had he just hinted?nawwwww! Couldn?t have!

Not Hmiol.

She saw Obi-Wan?s uncertain frown and shrugged slightly. ?I?ll go fetch it.?

Garos was almost impressed with the effort that Jemmiah was going to, as he watched her loping Corellian gait carry her to the kitchen area. He supposed he should be flattered that she was trying to trap him in the way she knew best. A few months ago and he WOULD have broken out in a cold sweat at her attempts to flirt with him.

But not now.

?I?ll help.? Hmiol said politely, following her over.

Obi-Wan?s frown grew even deeper. This was NOT the Hmiol he was used to dealing with. Reaching for a spicy, hot Banajj crisp he tried to puzzle what on Coruscant had come over the formerly dull padawan who was now engaging in ready conversation with HIS girlfriend!

?The glasses are in the rack.? Jemmiah nodded at Garos.
    ?Is that a new outfit?? Hmiol asked suddenly.

Jemmiah paused. What was going on here?

?Er?yes. Why?? She questioned.
    ?No reason. It suits you, is all.?

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Jemmiah, what have you gotten yourself into this time?

hehehe! This is going to be good! :D

5. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Ooooh, a battle of wills! This'll be really interesting! Somehow I don't think Obi-Wan's going to let her play along too far. Then again, Jemmy does have him wrapped round her little finger........

And how far is Garos prepared to go? He, he....

6. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
  7. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Let's not forget about this one. Although I have a feeling that Jemmiah is pulling her hair out trying to keep up with all these threads.

8. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    She is, Mouse, she is...

I have the feeling that Mace Windu used to write fanfic and that's how he lost his hair too...

9. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Just bringing this up!!

10. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

And again!!! (Jemmiah's doing more "research" for ANTAR tonight.)

11. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Okay everyone, we need someone to post before this turns into the Calamity Jinn "upping this" thread!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm waiting for Jem, I've got a little part all planned out, but I can't do anything for a little bit. Gotta wait till the time is right.

13. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Well, I've put a word in to try and get this bumped up her priority list at least for a few posts, and I'll even let her off doing a song for my songbook (in the short term!) if it'll help. Then again, it took me ages to get her to post on "The Cruelest Cut of All".

Her top priority is ANTAR, I think she can see light at the end of the tunnel with that one (even if it's a very long tunnel!).

Keep your fingers crossed!

14. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
  15. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Hooray!!! Jemmiah's going to be posting tomorrow!!!!

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Phew! Managed it!

Simeon started writing:

*Dear D.B,

It would appear you have only a few options open to you. I heartily recommend cheating.

If your padawan is getting too close to your record I suggest you cut through his bedpost, thus removing some of his tally. A lightsabre would do the trick?*

Simeon was shoved angrily out of the way by an annoyed Obi-Wan, whose fingers worked furiously:

*Alternatively you could try taking a lightsabre to the little, spineless, cowardly pustulous little vrelts' armpit! If you ask me someone should have done it long ago! It's a quick, cheap and relatively bloodless operation. More's the pity.

But nevermind. If he's as active as you suggest, he may well have died of exhaustion by the time he's twenty-five.

Yours,

Naughty Nell.*

Obi-Wan pressed the send button and snorted his dissatisfaction. THAT would teach Kryztan Harkley.

"Oh?Obi. Please tell me you didn't send that." Gulped Letina.
    "What's wrong with it?" He shrugged. "It's no more than he deserved."
    "Maybe not," Simeon argued, "but Master Jinn knows that your name for Kryztan is 'the pustulous Vrelts' armpit!' He's going to know that it's us! And we are going to die!"
    "I think the game might be up, guys." Letina bit her lip.

Jemmiah listened to the goings on in distracted fashion. She could feel Hmiol's fingers tickling her side as if she were some kind of musical instrument.

He's keen, she thought grimly, but he could do with some tutoring. And he was showing no signs of being remotely embarrassed with her attempts to flirt with him. Infact if anything it was the other way around.

She had an idea. It was corny, unsophisticated and the oldest trick in the book but in this case it might just do. All she needed was to turn round, accidentally stumble slightly on her heeled boots and?

"Oh, Bassalads. I'm sorry Garos." She apologized as the wine went flying down the front of his tunic top and pants. "Let me get you a cloth or something."

Obi-Wan and the others looked round in surprise. When he saw Jemmiah's slow wink again Kenobi knew she was working on her plan.

He got the feeling it wasn't working very well.

Jemmiah returned with a dampened cloth and began to sponge him down. Even Simeon tittered when Hmiol flinched at Jemmiah's ministrations, especially when the cloth began to stray lower down.

"There's no need, really." He said with some of his characteristic edginess beginning to creep back onto his face. "I can manage?"
    "Nonsense." Jemmy sighed. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have worn these boots. Letina warned me but I wouldn't listen to her. And now look at you?I think we ought to let these dry in the fresher room. Hang 'em up over the bath?"
    "No, It's OK, really."
    "I insist!" Jemmiah dragged him by the arm through to the fresher. "Let's see if we can't do something about fixing your tunic before it stains permanently. Let's get you out of those clothes!"

Obi-Wan hid a grin. Hmiol looked slightly panicky and Jemmiah would no doubt teach him a lesson of her own when she had him safely locked away?

"I'm telling you, we are very dead!" Moaned Simeon. "We'll be on cooking duty at the refectory for the next year."
    "My master won't read this." Kenobi said uncomfortably. "It's not his thing. He's not remotely nosy or interested in other people's problems"?

"Qui-Gon?" Mace leaned forwards towards the screen with an intent frown on his face.
    "Stim-tea or Caf?" Qui-Gon asked from the kitchen area.
    "Huh? Oh, Caf." Mace turned back to the screen. "And when you come through, take a look at this. There's something about this last message I think you should see?"

17. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Oh, no!!! Get 'em, Jemmy! I knew she'd think of something! This is funny as ever! UP!

aa :D

18. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Oh, no! Garos can't be uh, withering under the pressure yet! I hope he composes himself and is able to continue to deftly play this little game of Chicken!

19. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000

As Garos followed Jemmiah into the fresher, he began to wonder uneasily to what extent she was prepared to call his bluff. Things could only go so far before a breaking point was reached: his, Jemmiah's, or Kenobi's...

Hmiol quickly pushed the thought to the back of his mind. He had come too far now to fail. They had underestimated him, and he would triumph because of their mistakes. Revenge was his.

Still. Garos knew this couldn't go on much longer. It was time to bring it home, and proceed to step two...

(Hehehe, getting a little cocky there, ain't he? There's a suprise waiting for him before the night is over...)

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Kenobi, you've done it this time! Oh well, maybe you'll learn next time. Not likely, but there is always a chance.

*looks at hands and weighs options*
    Garos, Jemmy, Garos, Jemmy. Looks like Jemmy's ahead so far, but Garos still has a chance. Then again, there is ever jealous Kenobi factor. Could be close! :D

21. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    This needs more! Please?

22. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Well, I reckon Jemmy'll have the upper hand! Nobody's managed to beat her yet!

Although (thinking about it) it would be nice to see her call it wrong for once...

23. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    come on.....i havent read this for over a week and there is nothing moore to read????

24. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    To the top with great haste

25. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

MORE MORE!! PLEASE!!!!

sorry, tension breaker...had to do it tee hee

aa LD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.