main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Problem Shared Is A Problem Multiplied Some More...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Jun 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Yeah, c'mon sis! I know you're REALLY snowed under with all your threads just know, but don't neglect this one!

We need more!

2. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Jemmiah, this is what you get when you start too many threads...

I learned (The hard way) to never become a slave to plot bunnies.

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Wampasmak, I may be overrun with plot bunnies but they're as sure as heck house trained!

(I think I should really call this post "The making of Garos Hmiol" or "Jemmy's revenge!" Take your pick...)

*You are not nervous. You are not nervous. You are NOT nervous*

Hmiol swallowed as Jemmiah tugged at his tunic top and stopped himself from flinching. Standing there half-naked in the fresher room was not part of his plan.

But he was determined to go down fighting tooth and claw if necessary.

"This is going to have to soak," Jemmy tutted as she looked at the wine stained garments in her hand, "for which I apologize. I'm not usually so careless."

She made a great show of carefully straightening the fabric before hanging them over the side of the bath.

Suddenly she whipped round to look Garos in the eye.

"Nor do I like to lose." She didn't waver for a moment. "What's your game, Garos?"
    "M-my game?" He stammered. "YOU'RE the one who's been playing games!"
    "Oh, and letting your hands wander over my backside was all part of the friendly competition, was it?" She frowned.
    "It was exactly what you were doing to me!" Hmiol answered back.

Jemmy grinned.

"My, you HAVE changed."

Garos wondered about that last statement. Changed? In what way had he changed?

"Before the cantina crawl you wouldn't have strung five words together. Now look at you! The question is, should I claim the credit for that or should Simeon take some of the blame?"

She watched as his eyes narrowed a little at the mention of Simeon Cates.

"You don't like him, do you?" She asked.
    "He's an imbecilic clown." He gritted.
    "Yes, but he's a refreshingly humorous imbecilic clown, and I count him as a very dear friend. Back off."
    "What?" Hmiol asked.

That he hadn't expected!

"I said lay off Simeon. He's annoying but he's very special. Leave him alone."
    "What if I refused?" Hmiol felt some of his earlier bravado returning. "I mean, do you know what he's done?"
    "You mean spreading those stories round the temple about me and Ben? Yeah, I know. It had to be Simmy. He's got the biggest mouth this side of Coruscant. Ben will probably half kill him when he finds out it was him, but so be it. A month or so and we'll all be back to normal. Friends."

She eyed him dangerously.

"If you want to protect your own skin by exposing Simeon, then fine. I won't stop you. But that had better be an end to it. I don't want any vendettas or silly, long running feuds?anything like that you can just forget right now."
    "Or?" He insisted.
    "You'll have me to deal with." She smiled, eyes glinting. "And you'll find me a completely different challenge to poor hapless Simeon."

Jemmiah relaxed. "You've got those disks with you, haven't you?" She asked.
    "Perhaps." He replied cautiously, not willing to show his hand just yet.
    "Do you have that one of me and Ben?the other night?"
    "No. I didn't think you'd want the temple getting hold of that."
    "Quite right. But I would be interested in acquiring it. I wouldn't want it getting into the wrong hands. And Ben will be a LOT happier knowing that he has the ONLY copy in his possession, if you get my meaning."

Hmiol frowned, but found himself nodding.

"Good. Use the others, then. I don't care. Ben already knows about my attempts to wind you up, so you can't hurt me. Although," she chuckled slightly, "I would have been interested to know how far you were prepared to go to call my bluff."
    "As much as it took." Hmiol replied simply.
    "I thought as much. You know, you really had me worried for a while." Jemmiah looked him up and down in what Hmiol could almost swear was admiration.

"So, I think we shall call this one a draw." The hand came out by way of a truce, which Hmiol disbelievingly shook. "Not that it will mean much to you but your deviousness has certainly won my respect. I hope we don't find ourselves on opposing sides too often."

She turned to leave, but hung back for a moment.

"Hmmm. I don't s'pose it would do any harm?"
    "What wouldn't?" The bemuse

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Using her best parental voice.

"Jemmiah, now you'd better just behave yourself!"

5. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    LOL!!!

You go girl!!!!!

6. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Hey! What are Qui-Gon and Mace up to? Shouldn't they be breaking up the party by now?

7. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    As Jemmiah turned to leave, she heard a bizarre sound behind her. Garos Hmiol was laughing.

She stared at him quizzically. "What?"

Garos held one hand up and buried his face in the other, but it was no use. He had lost all composure as he reflected on the events of the past 24 hours. It was the craziest day he'd had in a long, long time. And yet... Hmiol found it had not been as terrible as he would have thought.

Finally managing to compose himself partially, he walked back into the apartment proper. Still smiling, he strolled up to Cates, who stared at Garos as if he'd just declared he could turn air into gold. Hmiol just shook his head.

"Simeon, I know what you did, and why you did it. Now I've been asked by certain parties not to hold a grudge or spend months plotting some evil revenge, so..."

Suddenly, Garos brought his fist back and thrust forward, connecting with Simeon's face. He tossed the holo of Master Jinn to Jemmiah, then turned and strolled out the doors.

(With ANTAR, FM, and now this, I'm slowly working toward something...)

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

HAHAHAHA!!! You go Jemmy!!! That was amazingly perfect revenge on her part!!!!

aa :D

9. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    and Garos wins with a TKO!!!!!

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Garos/Simeon feud Wapmasmak.

Now who's next? Will they finally get caught? Please post!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oustanding Wampasmak, only what naughty Simeon deserved. I love how you've developed Garos from the introvert we first met.

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    "I'm telling you Qui, it's him!"

Qui-Gon sank down into the sofa and rested his head in his hands, not really wanting to believe it.

Yoda was going to be very unhappy.

The Council was going to be EXTREMELY unhappy.

"I still don't believe it." He said flatly as Mace shook his head in exasperated fashion. "I really don't think that my padawan would?"
    "If you believe that then you really don't know him at all. Qui, he is twenty years old, not some naive kid. He's not a naughty initiate who should know better. He's a naughty padawan who DOES know better. And he's in very hot water." Mace added with a grin.
    "Don't enjoy it so much." Jinn grumbled.
    "After all the horrible pranks he's played on me over the years? And why are you so much on his side now that you know it's him?"
    "We don't KNOW it's him, we just think that?"
    "IT'S HIM, QUI-GON. Face it, he couldn't be any more culpable if he walked in here with a big sign round his neck saying 'I am guilty' in huge letters."

Qui-Gon sighed.

"What in the name of the Sith am I going to do?" He mumbled.
    "We're going to murder him for those remarks he made about the two of us being old and unattractive to women." Mace gritted his teeth.
    "Oh yes." Qui-Gon remembered. "I'd blanked that one from my memory."
    "Let's just think about this logically. Obi-Wan's not doing this on his own. So. Who are his companions in crime?"

A brief moment elapsed as Qui-Gon considered Mace's line of thought.

"He'd need access to a holo terminal. Somewhere he wouldn't be spotted. A private code."
    "And?" Mace prompted.
    "He's not here in the apartment so that means he's at Jemmiah's."
    "You've found your first accomplice." Mace nodded.

Jinn scratched at his beard.

"Let's take this a stage further," He frowned, "because both Obi-Wan and Jemmiah were at the infirmary last evening and the messages were still active whilst they were away."
    "So?"
    "That means there was at least one other. Obi-Wan told me he was going to meet Simeon Cates."
    "Accomplice No.2." Grinned Mace.
    "However, Simeon wouldn't have the expertise to set all this up. So there must be another?"
    "Letina." Windu nodded. "Quite a little nest of vipers we've disturbed, don't you think?"

The door chime heralded Leona's arrival at Qui-Gon's residence and a somewhat solemn Jedi Master stood up to let her in. He stopped just behind the door and turned to face Windu.

"The question is, what are we going to do about it?" He asked.

Jemmiah looked stunned.

"They know. They KNOW! Ben?we are going to be massacred big time for this!"
    Obi-Wan hardly heard her; he was so wrapped up in his own personal struggle with panic.

"Oh, hell." Simeon swallowed as he held an ice pack to his jaw.

The disk that Hmiol had given them all as a parting gift had quite clearly shown Masters Jinn and Windu as responsible for the majority of the messages being directed at the holo terminal in Master Sovalla's apartment.

Sitting there. Plotting. Trying to catch them all out?

"Let's keep our heads guys. They might not know." Letina said with a tremulous voice.
    "An-Paj will have me bedbathing Quirida-Xac for the next two months." Simeon shuddered, not being able to imagine a worse punishment.
    "Evla will ground me for ages. I'll have extra mathematics tutoring." Jemmy looked mournful.
    "Qui-Gon will probably re-introduce his curfew on us not being able to see each other." Obi-Wan said miserably.

Jemmy closed her eyes.

"What are we going to do, guys? Do we come clean and hope to earn some points for being honest or do we?" her head raised a touch as a plan began to formulate within the devious realms of her brain.

"Jemmy?" Obi-Wan's brows almost met in the middle as he watch her mind turning.
    "We need a safeguard. We need a back up plan. And most of all we need Garos Hmiol."
    "WHAT!?!" Exclaimed the other three together.
    "Don't worry about him. I can handle him. He's OK?when you get to know him." She added with a pretty smile. "You guys stay here. They might only suspect.

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Now what has Jemmy got planned? Whatever it is it's got to be good!

14. Lara_Notsil

Lara_Notsil Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2000
    Oh, what a tangled web they have woven...

It's gonna be *very interesting* to see how Jemmiah and Garos gets them out.

15. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Oooooh, getting REALLY interesting!!! Now how's Jemmy going to persuade Garos to help? And can the others hold out against Qui-Gon, Mace and Leona?

Glad this thread's back with us!

16. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    [Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Garos/Simeon feud Wampasmak.]

Mouse, the answer to your question is a snapshot I'm currantly working on. (Scare Tactics)

17. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Jemmiah hoped and prayed that Far Biwo was not in his apartment. More to the point, she hoped that Hmiol WAS, otherwise her errand would all be for naught?

It was a considerable relief, therefor, when Garos Hmiol answered the door wearing a surprised expression.

"Is he in?" She hissed.
    "Who?" Hmiol looked blankly.
    "Biwo!" Jemmiah frowned.
    "No, he's out visiting one of his friends in the infirmary?" Hmiol stared as Jemmiah barged past him into his apartment.
    "Good," she breathed. "I want you."

Hmiol appeared shocked.

"L-look. I'm flattered, really I am. But I don't think?"
    "No, I mean I need your help." Jemmy looked at him in a strange way.

Garos wasn't sure whether to feel relieved or disappointed.

"How?" He asked.
    "You're the smart one around here. We looked at that disk you so smugly tossed our way before leaving us to stew."

Garos smiled slyly.

"And?"
    "We think they know who we are."
    "It's likely." Hmiol agreed.
    "We'll be dead very shortly."
    "Quite possibly."
    "So," Jemmiah sat down on his couch and placed the bottle of wine on the table infront of her, "we need a back up plan."

She crossed her legs so that the tight fabric became taught, a move that did not go unnoticed by Garos.

"In short, it's you."
    "Me?" Hmiol's eyebrows did a little dance.
    "Yes. You know how to wipe all our stuff from the holo computer. You can also transfer it to somewhere else."
    "Where?" Hmiol grew worried.
    "I dunno," Jemmiah tossed a braid idly over her shoulder, "We shall have to discuss that."
    "And what's in it for me?" Hmiol wanted to know.
    "I brought you that bottle of wine."
    "For risking my neck? I may appear dull sometimes, but I'm not an idiot."

Jemmiah sighed.

"I could point out that if you don't help, there is a certain padawan of our acquaintance who will be only too happy to drop you in it."

Hmiol's face darkened at the thought of Simeon. Remembering all the trouble she had gone to in order to avoid any future feuds, Jemmiah tried another approach.

"What do you want?" She asked.
    "Stay here and have a drink with me." He said.
    "I really should be getting back?"
    "That's my price." Hmiol was insistent. "Well, part of it."
    "There's more?"

Garos looked very uncomfortable.

"I'm not very good?at speaking to people."
    "You seem to be doing OK." Jemmiah frowned.
    "It's just I like having time to myself."
    "Oh, well I'll go then." Jemmy started to stand.

Hmiol colored.

"This is embarrassing." He confessed. "There's this girl I've met."
    "Oh, Hmiol! I'm pleased." Jemmy beamed. "What's her name?"
    "I don't know."
    "Eh?" Jemmiah blinked. "What do you mean you don't know?"
    "She?sometimes joins me when I'm out walking."

Jemmiah's confusion grew.

"So, what do you talk about?"
    "We don't really. Well, she talks. I listen and nod."

Rolling her eyes heavenward, Jemmiah shook her head.

"That's not much good." She admitted finally. "What am I going to do with you?"
    "Kiss me?" He asked hopefully.
    "WHAT?" Jemmy's jaw started to drop incredulously.

Had she just heard right?

"I need to practise." He insisted.
    "You should start by finding out her name." Jemmiah was adamant. "Simply saying 'Hey, you' and grabbing her for a round of tonsil tennis is NOT the best way, believe me."
    "But I need your help." Hmiol looked downcast. "Can't you tell me what to say? What to do?"
    "Garos," she answered, "what you say has got to come from here." She placed her hand over her heart. "I can't help you with that."

She saw the despondent look on his face.

"As for what to do?Obi-Wan would be a very unhappy young padawan if I did show you."
    "He doesn't have to know." Hmiol replied. "Please?"

Jemmiah groaned inwardly. This was almost embarrassing. But then she had rather encouraged him when they were in the fresher room?

"Small talk lessons?" She asked. "Is that what you're saying? Learning how to converse with the fairer sex?"

Hmiol nodded. "And kissing?"

Hell, I've created a monster, Jemmiah thought bleakly.

"OK. Kissing too. But no more!" She raised a warnin

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Umm, who's the girl Garos? This is getting good!

BTW, Wampasmak, I can't wait!

19. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    heh...the dawg....i bet its all a sham so Garos can make out with jemmiah, but we'll have to wait and see..

20. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Well, both Jemmy AND Obi are next in line on the Garos hit list (see ANTAR)! So it could be revenge.....then again there's bound to be a female on the planet who like walking and talking at night. And if he listens as he says he does, finding a man that LISTENS would be very attractive! (HE, he, sorry guys!) Hey, I think it's sweet Garos has found someone!

Can Obi & Co hold the fort while Jemmy "educates" Garos? And will Obi find out?........

21. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    Uhhh....

*Scrambles around at desk for a spare piece of paper*

*Sets "Scare Tactics" aside*

*Begins working on new snapshot*

22. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    And so goes the life of a fanfic writer...

23. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    That's fine that you work on a new snapshot, but PLEASE don't forget about Scare Tactics. I love this Garos/Simeon thing happening!

24. Wampasmak

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm trying, I'm trying!!!!!!!

25. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Hey! "Do or do not. There is no try." And in this case, also no "do not"! Right everyone?

Garos is beginning to be a great character in these threads! LOADS of snapshots required (but not necessarily at the one time!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.