main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A problem with the Bad Guys

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Aeron_Azzameen1839, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Does anyone have a good idea for bad guys in a time period of 48 years after Yavin?

Please anything else other than the Vong. They make me sick to my stomach.

AA1839

2. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    how about a rouge with the genius of Thrawn?

3. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Personally I agree with you about the Vong. Hmmm, bad guys? What about the Chiss? Or maybe somesort of Crime Lord, or a Bounty hunter? Or is it just me, or did the Black Sun disspear after Shadows of the Empire. Hey! Thats a idea! What about a Faleen? (did I spell that right?

4. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    You could have any given planet go into civil war or rebellion.
    You could fall back on Bounty Hunters or Assassins.
    The Hutt?s are always making trouble.
    Some new terror might reach the galaxy from beyond the Outer Rim.
    R2D2 could finally implement his plans to RULE THE GALAXY!

5. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I think Gandolf's R2D2 idea sounds very interesting. :D

6. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Aeron: Just wondering, but did you get your name from the Keltiad books by Patricia Kennealy? I love those books!

7. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Feb 22, 2002
    Whoa, I did not know there were that many evil guys out there.THANK YOU. My big problem with writing fan-fics is coming up with the enemies.I like the idea of Faleen though.

Princess1- actually, I got the name from a computer game. Aeron Azzameen is the sister of the main character, Ace Azzameen.

*sighs* that would be a mouth-full to say.

AA1839

8. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Your Welcome!

9. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Feb 22, 2002
    I was just wondering...what exactly is a Beta-Reader?

10. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    A beta reader serves as your proof reader, consultant, and overall assistant. You can have multiple readers, such as someone strong in grammar, and someone strong in plot. Hope that helps. ;)

11. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Feb 22, 2002
    Thanks. Would anyone be interested in being a beta-reader for me?

12. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Feb 22, 2002
    Still looking for a Beta Reader...

13. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Sure, I'll do it--I'm working along the same lines! :)

14. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
    Usually a good idea to have at least two betas. More than two pairs of eyes to catch things never hurts. As said before, not all betas are good at everything. Some are great on EU stuff, or characterization, or grammar and punctuation problems, or pacing. So, if you need another beta, just ask. :) Some of us are willing to take a look at a story and give you honest feedback. Sebulba's offer was very nice and I know he'll do a good job, but I still recommend another beta. Usually when I beta, there's also another one looking at the same story. That allows you to compare notes and suggestions. If both betas find a problem with an area or whatever, it usually means there really is a problem. ;)

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I've discovered that I'm too much of a creative-control freak to use a beta-reader. (Much to my wife's shagrin and dismay. She's sworn to never act as editor for me again.)
    I just kinda know where I'm going with a project and I feel better doing it on my own.

Hmmmmm....bad guys....bad guys....

How about a primitive, forgotten tribe of Sith? Or, how about a severely-delusional, drug-addicted rogue Jedi? Or how about a dying villian who feels he has nothing to lose? Or a mother who is seeking vengeance for a son who was killed by a Jedi while commiting an evil act? Ahhhh....the possibilities.

Or, how about a long-forgotten Sith with metamorphic powers who awakens from hibernation, and is hell-bent on restoring the Sith to their rightful place in the galaxy? Oh, wait- you can't use that one. He's mine!

16. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I created a sociopathic Jedi Hunter ;)

Just don't go Dark Jedi, they're way over used! Maybe the things of the Coruscant Underworld rise to the surface ;)

17. JediLeiaOrgana

JediLeiaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    If you wanted to go along the lines of a Jedi/Force plot, then you could create a disciple of Palpy's (overused, but effective), maybe an evil Jedi or two from Ossus...they had trouble with the Sith and the dark side of the force. You could also make a bunch of Fett type bounty hunters that have survived the clone wars and now their sons are burning for vengence agains the main character for some reason.

Politcal coups are always fun.

~*~JediLeia~*~

18. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    How about having a Sorussian? (they can squeeze through small spaces, though they're humanoid. They're in the recent Jedi Apprentice books)
    I don't know. I'm working on a story taking place before Exar Kun.

I do like the R2-D2 thing, though. :)

19. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Feb 22, 2002
    I've got it. Bounty Hunters. Smugglers running away from Bounty Hunters with a price on their head's. Maybe Boba Fett, or- the clone of Boba Fett! That's it. I know exactly what to do know...Thanks guys! (and girls) ;)

AA1839

20. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    :D Boba kicks back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.